Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article?  It seems to me
that you could do this in 1.2.  I just want to add some custom fields.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Getting data into CRM 4.0
We need to import some of our ERP data into CRM. The consultants we are using have been trying for weeks to get BizTalk to import the data into CRM. I am wondering if there are any issues with my development team just writing a data integration app to do direct inserts into CRM. Has anyone done this and if so, what issues do we need to be aware of? On Aug 23, 4:41 am, Ed Crawford <EdCrawf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We need to import some of our ERP data into CRM. The consultants we are using > have been trying for weeks to get BizTalk to import the data into CRM....

outlook and CRM 06-24-04
Is there any way to make this support other message types besides IPM.Note? Is there a registry hack of something, need to do this for a custom integration...any ideas would be helpful... ...

averageif with 3 crieteria
SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534>=100),--(G498:G534<=200))/SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534<>"")) I searched questions already answered but did not see averageif with 3 criteria I want the formula to return the average. Thanks in advance >I want the formula to return the average. The average of what? It looks like you're calculating the percentage of cells that meet a condition. Why do you think you need/want an "averageif" formula? What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Exc...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Help with vlookup #3
using 2003. I am looking up a number (stored as a string) on another worksheet and returning another series of numbers (also stored as a string) - ie lookup return 411140 263791-411140E Problem - Excel formats the returned data as: 2.63791E+11. It apparently sees it as a mathmatical subtraction of an exponential number even tho it is a text. It doesn't seem to matter how I format the cell. When I format it as text, the formula does not work. (requires General to execute formula). Executing a "text to columns" does the same thing. I need the returned data to show - 263...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

Hidden Comments #3
If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line? Thanks I don't believe it is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C42B096-4C61-453F-B45C-BE837D32C98D@microsoft.com... > If a comment is created...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB
Hi, I have the following problem with my exchange server. After moving the store to an other server. The old server is out of service. ======================================================= Event Type: Error Event Source: EXOLEDB Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 3/7/2005 Time: 10:23:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXRW01 Description: Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB startup HRESULT = 0x80040e19. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ====...

3 Factors Analyzed
I need to create a chart that can be analyzed or visualized that has 3 dimensions of a sort. (1) I have a list of items (which can grow) (2) I have set of 5 working conditions in which each item must meet one of the five (3) but they also get analyzed for the condition daily - so I need to add a date range - and it happens twice a day (AM & PM). I haven't been able to figure out how to cleanly get all this data into a table, let alone create a chart from it. HELP! -- Bonnie M. Hi Bonnie, I think you need a clearer idea of what you want to end up with, and from there you could...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

CRM 4 workflow picklists
We have been creating workflows in CRM 4 to create an opportunity when a field is changed on a lead. In general this has not been an issue (and much easier then in CRM 3!) expect I have an issue with custom picklists. I have a pick list on the lead, and a picklist on the opportunity with the same values. Using the create entity step in the workflow manager I can not set the picklist value on the opportunity to the value on the lead. When trying to set a picklist it only lets me use a dynamic value of an identical picklist. Is there anyway I can tell the system that the picklist on the L...

Sending POP 3 email
Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using Winsock ? Thank you POP is for receiving SMTP is for sending. So either make you own SMTP control or there are some available like ostrosoft smtp "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:elTQmQ4TLHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose | content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using | Winsock ? | | ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Desktop Alert #3
Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders as you get for the main inbox? I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent box on the screen and does not didapper until you click close unlike the alert for inbox. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Drew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders >as you get for the main inbox? >I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent >box on the screen and does not didapper until you click >close unlike the alert...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

multiply value based on quantity
I am trying to calculate a discount price based on quantity purchased. For example if someone buys 20 widgets they pay $4.00 each for them, if they buy 50 widgets they pay $4.00 each for the first 20, then $3.50 each for the next 30, 100 widgets - $4.00 first 20, $3.50 next 30 and $3.25 for the other 50.............. Any hope? Here's a way with quantity in A2: =MIN(A2,20)*4+MAX(MIN(A2-20,30),0)*3.5+MAX(MIN(A2-50,50),0)*3.25 Regards, Per "Bigfoot3910" <Bigfoot3910@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:524D35AE-4524-46A3-A963-703CB385C7F...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

how to expand available fonts for email in MS CRM?
Hi all, By default Microsoft CRM offers the following fonts for email messages and templates: - Arial - Arial Black - Tahoma - Verdana - Garamond - Times New Roman - Courier New Is there a (supported) way to expand this list with other fonts? Thank you for your reply, Basman ...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

Free business opportunity #3
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

CRM 3 Virtual PC demo
When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar Do you have the outlook client loaded as well? This will disable the Settings option in the IE client. "Valdas Zagorskas" wrote: > When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar > If the Outlook Client is run then the settings tab goes away. You must run the IE only version of CRM first before you run the Outlook client if you want to see the settings tab. Don't ask me why someone thought this was a good idea. "NickB" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DD16090-...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...