When will CRM 2.0 be released?

I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when
version 2 will be released.  I've heard 2005, but that is
a little vague.

My company has identified a few gaps that should be
resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements.  If the
release is put off until this time next year, we will go
ahead and correct now.  However, we would like to hold off
wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the
1st two quarters of 2005.

Thoughts?
0
kat
9/28/2004 1:33:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of
2005.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:33:41 -0700, "kat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when
version 2 will be released.  I've heard 2005, but that is
a little vague.

My company has identified a few gaps that should be
resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements.  If the
release is put off until this time next year, we will go
ahead and correct now.  However, we would like to hold off
wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the
1st two quarters of 2005.

Thoughts?

0
Matt
9/28/2004 8:35:23 PM
With a limited Beta 1 in Q1

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2
> of
> 2005.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:33:41 -0700, "kat"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when
> version 2 will be released.  I've heard 2005, but that is
> a little vague.
>
> My company has identified a few gaps that should be
> resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements.  If the
> release is put off until this time next year, we will go
> ahead and correct now.  However, we would like to hold off
> wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the
> 1st two quarters of 2005.
>
> Thoughts?

0
Simon

Overall Feedback on CRM 3.0? Anyone Really Disatisfied? Or Satisfi
Hi, I've invested abotu $12K into the CRM software (including the CRM licenses, annual maintenance and Scribe software for GP integration). And we do not have anything working yet. I am wondering if we should proceed with the MS CRM or throw it away and go with some other software. The feedback I've received so far from various people is not good at all - basically lots of money to get something that doesn't work all that well. We are a very small business and we can't afford to throw any more money away. I am super concerned about proceeding further. We are only a 10-...

MAPISP32 #2
MAPISP32 has taken over - uses almost all of the CPU (97 to 99%). Can't send or receive email. Restarting and not launching OUTLOOK gives me back my computer, but no email. Using OUTLOOK 97 on an XP machine. Have checked the postings, but found nothing about this problem (I get no error messages). Also tried renaming MAPISP32.dll and then reloading OUTLOOK, no improvement. Will check back later and thanks! ...

Beginning Inventory Balance #2
I am trying to duplicate the Average Inventory, according to KB856731, the formula is; (Beginning Inventory Balance + Summary of each months ending on hand Inventory + Current On Hand Inventory) / (number of months elapsed in the current year +2) Does anyone know what the formula is for the Beginning Inventory Balance? -- Anthony ...

Macro Security #2
Hi, I am trying to set the Macro security level to Low in Access 2003 but cannot find the option in the Tools\Macro menu. It is not even grayed out. The install is a complete install of Office 2003 and I tried a Detect and Repair without luck. Any suggestions? Thank you. Maybe a post in one of the Access newsgroups would get you an answer quicker. Clementius wrote: > > Hi, > I am trying to set the Macro security level to Low in Access 2003 but cannot > find the option in the Tools\Macro menu. It is not even grayed out. The > install is a complete install of Office 2003 ...

Will my sent e-mails be kept in the web server e-mail?
Hello, I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows Live and the website version of each of the e-mail accounts I will add. I would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely yours, Orabidreamer Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference. Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server" (Advanced tab). If you have accounts that do not show that t...

Spaces issue not fixed in 12.2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The previous threads have all been closed and none of them seem to have an answer. For anyone else struggling with Office not working with Spaces (and therefore having to disable Spaces to use Office 2008), here is the reply I just received from MS Office for Mac Tech Support: "The Spaces issue is still being worked on, please watch for future OS and Office updates" My guess is that as it has not been fixed in two service packs it is unlikely to change until Office 2012 (or whatever the next major release wil...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Conditional Formatting #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has about 1200 rows many of which need to have conditional formatting. I had a template set of rows that I was transferring the conditional formatting from and it worked for 20 or so rows. Then in attempting to both copy/paste and drag formatting even further I noticed that the conditional formatting was not being transfered to the target cells. I have even tried doing one row of formatting at a time but it seems like it will not allow any more conditional formatting. The spreadsheet is a good size (about 2MB). I recieve no error messages about this. It simpl...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

Export #2
Hi, How to export only the perticular group users. Regards Mustafa What sort of information do you need? "Mohammed Mustafa" <mohammed.mustafa@kharafinational.com> wrote in message news:OwKSDO$yGHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How to export only the perticular group users. > > Regards > Mustafa > See "IMI GAL Exporter" - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imige.htm "Mohammed Mustafa" <mohammed.mustafa@kharafinational.com> wrote in message news:OwKSDO$yGHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How ...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

solver and macros #2
Before you use the solver within a macro, you must establish a reference to the Solver add-in. With a Visual Basic module active, click References on the Tools menu, and then select the Solver.xla check box under Available References. If Solver.xla doesn't appear under Available References, click Browse and open Solver.xla in the \Office\Library subfolder. Cheers Nick ...

CRM integration with GP: BizTalk errors
I've completed the integration, but I'm getting 2 Biztalk errors. Any help or direction appreciated: APPLICATION ERROR: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/24/2005 Time: 4:51:50 AM User: N/A Computer: NJBTS02 Description: Faulting application MSCIS.exe, version 3.0.2023.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ...

Closing registers #2
1. Is there any way too remove the closing figure when the registers are closed... I don't want my cashiers to see the closing amounts. 2. Can a group of registers be closed out on a selected machine, e.g Reg 1, reg 2, reg 3, reg 4 are all closed on reg 1. Thanks If you don't want cashiers to see closing amounts, lock them out of doing x/z reports and viewing the journal - apply this setting in SO manager - database - cashiers - properties of each cashier - uncheck these boxes. On question 2, out of the box, RMS does not allow that - each register has its own batch that must ...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

CRM v1.2 for MSDN?
We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber which means we pay about $4000 a year to get the entire Microsoft Library. I have not seen CRM 1.2 in any of the updates which is very strange since I normally see them before any other subscription. Did I miss an update? I also notice on the MSDN downloads section they still only have v1.0 listed. Thanks! CRM 1.2 is only just shipping to partners etc. I would not expect it to appear on MSDN for a couple of months "MEI" <MEI@MEI.COM> wrote in message news:Of0KXo7sDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber whic...

hyperlinks #2
When I click on a hyperlink in outlook IE opens and stays blank, but another window opens and asks me to Locate link browser. I have been closing this window, but it reappears on every link. ??????????????? It may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;329912&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a hyperlink in outlook IE opens and stays >blank, but another window opens and asks me to Locate link >browser. I have been closing this window, but it reappears >on every link. ??????????????? >. > ...

Freezing Panes #2
How can I freeze two different rows in a single sheet. -- Naidu Pl don't multi-post. Check responses in .misc -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,000, Files:358, Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "Naidu" <Naidu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967FF8C4-431D-4BAE-9903-ECCDE18157D7@microsoft.com... > How can I freeze two different rows in a single sheet. > > -- > Naidu ...

Deleting Mail #2
This problem seems to be random over our network. We are running Windows Server 2000 with Outlook 2002. Some users are getting a notification that they have mail and when they check, there is nothing in their inbox. The new mail has automatically gone to the deleted items folder. It doesn't do it with all mail for that particular user or do all the users on the network experience this problem. There are no rules set up to do this. Has anyone else have this problem. If you have a suggestion please respond to my e-mail address DKimball@puc.nh.gov Thanks I have Outlook 2002 on...

Pay commissions to 2 salespersons
Is there a way to pay commissions to two different salespersons for one line item? When I try to enter secont salesperson in "Sales Commissions Entry" window I receive a message "The commission amount may not be greater the sale amount distributed to this salesperson" Commissions in GP are calculated a little differently than what we think about. If I have two salespeople and I want to give each a 5% commission on the sale, then I need to give each of them a 10% commission on 50% of the sale. -- Jim "Pay commissions to 2 salespersons" wrote: > Is th...

Hpw to serialize boolean to 0/1 into XML?
I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? Thanks. Rita wrote: > I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again > serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value > to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? I suspect it is not possible, looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#boolean the possible values are 0, 1, true, false but the canonical values are only tr...

hyperlink #2
How do I make a hyperlink without underline? Thanks, Jo refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EA75A54-A237-4090-A4A7-EEEBE9DDA2B7@microsoft.com... > How do I make a hyperlink without underline? > > Thanks, > Jo ...

Time #2
I need to be able to click on a cell and have it be populated with the current HH:MM:SS. I know ctrl+shift+; will do the job but I need it to be even more simple than that for the end users. One way: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Range("J1") If Not Intersect(Target, .Cells) Is Nothing Then .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "HH:MM:SS" End If End With End Sub ...

Bitmap button question #2
I'm trying to create a bitmap button. Here's what I've done: 1. Added a CStatic control to my dialog. 2. Set it's ID to IDC_BMPBUTTON 3. In the classwizzard, member varialbes tab, created a member variable m_Button, of type CBitmapButton (I had to manually change this from CStatic). 4. In the OnInitDialog(), I've added: m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_BITMAP1, IDB_BITMAP2, IDB_BITMAP3, IDB_BITMAP4); m_BitmapButton.SizeToContent(); m_BitmapButton.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); When I run my dialog, the bitmap appears grey. And which ...