What ports necessary on the Domain Controller?

I am trying to secure a Win2k public Active Directory domain controller by
using RRAS packet filtering.  This machine has Exchange 2000 as well.  In
order to have MSCRM on another server continue to communicate with it, what
ports need to be open?  Just the DNS port or are there other ports that
MSCRM needs to communicate with the AD on?

0
Louis
8/18/2003 6:26:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

this may get you started

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/ittasks/
tasks/adrepfir.asp

"Louis" <louis@sadfds.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to secure a Win2k public Active Directory domain controller by
> using RRAS packet filtering.  This machine has Exchange 2000 as well.  In
> order to have MSCRM on another server continue to communicate with it,
what
> ports need to be open?  Just the DNS port or are there other ports that
> MSCRM needs to communicate with the AD on?

0
John
8/18/2003 6:27:50 PM
Thanks.  This seems a bit complicated to be able to do just with RRAS packet
filtering.  ISA Server may be more in order for this kind of task.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> this may get you started

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/ittasks/
> tasks/adrepfir.asp
>

> "Louis" <louis@sadfds.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to secure a Win2k public Active Directory domain controller
by
> > using RRAS packet filtering.  This machine has Exchange 2000 as well.
In
> > order to have MSCRM on another server continue to communicate with it,
> what
> > ports need to be open?  Just the DNS port or are there other ports that
> > MSCRM needs to communicate with the AD on?

0
Louis
8/18/2003 6:57:33 PM
it should tell you what ports your need though

ldap ports to start with, then 80 for web etc.

also rpc will be required i think

> Thanks.  This seems a bit complicated to be able to do just with RRAS
packet
> filtering.  ISA Server may be more in order for this kind of task.
>
> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > this may get you started

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/ittasks/
> > tasks/adrepfir.asp
> >

> > "Louis" <louis@sadfds.com> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to secure a Win2k public Active Directory domain
controller
> by
> > > using RRAS packet filtering.  This machine has Exchange 2000 as well.
> In
> > > order to have MSCRM on another server continue to communicate with it,
> > what
> > > ports need to be open?  Just the DNS port or are there other ports
that
> > > MSCRM needs to communicate with the AD on?

0
John

Stock Control
The problem: Trying to use Excel to set-up and run a small stock control system and I cannot find a way to do it (espec. with limited knowledge). The main problem - I think - is finding a formula that will allow me to enter the stock. Say I start out with a stock of 10. This figure will eg allow me to make 5 assemblies. I build 3 assemblies so want to reduce the figure 10 by 6 leaving a stock balance of 4. I now get a delivery of 8 parts. How can I enter the new 8 figure and be told that I can build 6 assemblies? Can you help? can it be done? I thought at first that it must be simpl...

Upgrade 2003 domain to 2008 whitepapers
Can anyone point me to a good link (Microsoft preferred) for how to properly take your 2003 Domain and upgrade it to a 2008 Domain? I appreciate any help, I searched Microsoft's website and all I'm getting back is upgrading 2000 Domain to 2003. Thanks On Nov 13, 4:08=A0pm, Flash3200 <flash3...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone point me to a good link (Microsoft preferred) for how to > properly take your 2003 Domain and upgrade it to a 2008 Domain? I > appreciate any help, I searched Microsoft's website and all I'm > getting back is upgrading 2000 Domain...

Single Event Handle for Multiple ActiveX Controls
Greetings, I have a program that creates a number of activeX controls. I want to capture messages fired by these controls and wish to use ON_CONTROL_RANGE to handle the events with a single function. I have declared the handling function as : afx_msg void OnParameterChanged(UINT ctrlID); and: BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP(CSomePage, CWnd) ON_CONTROL_RANGE(1, IDR_PARAMETERSTART, IDR_PARAMETERSTART + 50, OnParameterChanged) END_EVENTSINK_MAP() and the I get the following compilation errors: error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'LPCTSTR' Conversion ...

color of controls in DialogBar
hi, How the color of controls in a DialogBar and its bakground can be changed ? thanks Behzad >How the color of controls in a DialogBar and its bakground can be changed ? Generally, by handling the WM_CTLCOLOR* messages (WM_CTLCOLOR/OnCtlColor in MFC). Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Locking bound controls: Compile error when using tips Allen Browne
I would like to lock my existing records, unless I press a button "unlock" on the screen. From earlier posts on this forum, I found the hint that I should try the tips page of Allen Browne, found here: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-56.html Other people have used this tip with success, but when I follow the walkthrough step by step, I receive a compile error at step four, after I try to set the On Load property of my form to =LockBoundControls([Form],True) The error says: "Compileerfout: verwacht regelnummer of naam of instructie of instructie-eind", which must me...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Nested Tab Controls
I have a main tab control with 4 pages and two nested tab controls. One nested tab control resides on page 2 and the other on page 3. I have the coding set up so that the nested tab controls are invisible until you click on the appropriate page. Here is my problem. In the design mode, I have selected one of the nested tab controls and clicked Bring to Front. Therefore, it works just fine when I select that page. However, the other nested tab is blank when I select it. The only way I can get that one to appear is to go into design mode and select that one Bring to Front. Then the ...

Domain Trouble
Hello; Just one more error message to go in order to have CRM up and running fully, and this one has been troubling me for the past month. The error falls under the "Microsoft Windows Operating system" saying "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." I've looked into it and this is what I have so far: The internet site works ( http://<servername>:5555 ) I can ping the server I'm a Sysadmin under the SQLServer Branch so what am I missing? ....chris This one falls under the "warnings" category and is not an "...

Controls on spreadsheet size
Folks, I have a spreadsheet that contains about 3MB of raw data. However, once I have formatted it using colours, charts, fonts etc, the size of the sheet balloons to 38MB. What are the key controls on spreadsheet size in Excel? Is it sheer data volume, formats, formulas, VB code? Any ideas how I can retain some of the formatting without having something of a monster sheet on my hands? Cheers, Matt My guess only: I can't control the amount of data--I need what I need. Same thing with formulas. But I can control the amount of formatting I use. I can format complete columns (or...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

Domain trusts question
Hi, I'm running 2 exchange 5.5SP4 servers in an NT domain. One is on a NT4 server, one is on a W2k server. If I create a W2003 domain, will I be able to access the exchange servers from that new domain? The next step would then be to upgrade or migrate to Exchange 2003. Thanks, Steve With a trust, yes, after you grant permissions. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Steve Gr" <MSDNNospam235@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:eQkImKrTHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm running 2 exc...

[help]remote control
hello, We have a remote control application: PC1---------------------------------->PC2 PC1 has its own keyboard and mouse PC2 also has its own keyboard and mosue. And PC1's screen will show on PC2's monitor. If user operates keyboard or mouse on PC2, we hope the changes will also affect on PC1. So how can I do this job on PC1? Is there any interface that let me control keyboard or mouse "on whole system" under winxp? Thank you very much. James Chen ...

Upgrade 55. 2003 in Child Domain
I've inherited a network with the Exchange 5.5 server in a child domain. I've been able to get the ADC to sync but only from Exchange to Windows, not two way. I've tried installing Exchange 2003 in both the root and the child but it does not try to join the 5.5 Org. Does anyone know the Exchange 2003 installation is supposed to be done in a situation like this? ...

Today variable to calender control
How do I pass the Today variable to a calender control on a form to set the default as the current date? TIA Anonymous TIA, use the user form initialize event like this Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Calendar1.Today End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f5a01c52582$ee68f800$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I pass the Today...

How do you block port 25 on workstations via SBS 2008/Group Policy?
I have recently read that a best practice on the network was to block port 25 on all workstations that connect to the exchange box. The exchange server should be the only computer allowing smtp port 25 traffic, therefore reducing the chance of a mass-mailing worm to do its magic on a workstation, invoke its own smtp service, and send out spam. Workstations would still be allowed to send out mail via Exchange and Outlook, but no port 25 traffic on the individual machines My domain controller is SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007. The client workstations are mostly XP with a couple of Wind...

Cell controls not moving on arrow keys
hi all, in my excel sheet sometimes i get the problem like i have to press tab to move from one cell to another instead of arrow keys. What is the cause of the problem and what is the resolution. Thanks in advane Happy Happy Are you in Edit mode when the arrow keys won't move to next cell? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:21:39 +0530, "Happy" <happy@nospam.com> wrote: >hi all, > >in my excel sheet sometimes i get the problem like i have to press tab to >move from one cell to another instead of arrow keys. > >What is the cause of the p...

Move SQL to new Domain
We have CRM installed to a VPC that includes all the requirements for CRM on it's own domain. The database is getting large and performance is becoming poor (because of virtualization I am sure) so we want to move the database to a physical computer. We have successfully moved other CRM database before by updating the registry keys for the database and metabase. First thing I did was create a trust between the CRM domain and my SQL server domain. I added the CRM groups to the new SQL server (usergroup, reporting group and sql group). I am able to connect from the CRM server to the ...

creating an instance of a custom control in xslt?
I feel like this question has been half-answered on here for me a few times, but I'm looking for a more complete solution. I've got the results of a query being returned in XML and processed with XSLT via XmlDocument and XslTransform in C#. It outputs a web form. My problem is that I've got a Custom Control I'd like to place in the middle of the form, with some parameter information fed from the XML. I've gone the path of forcing a parse of the output via Page.ParseControl(), but my problem is that the Control needs its own prefix. So, instead of <xsl:tag> or <as...

Freezing the Balance Control position
Is there a way to "freeze" the position of the Balance control. Each time I launch WMP11 it resets the Balance position to neutral. Using WinXP(sp2) Home with Windows Media Player 11. Not that I'm aware of, sorry. -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "jambler" <jambler@citlink.net.(donotspam).> wrote in message news:F18517BD-36D6-4DAD-AE61-989FEA455865@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to "freez...

Opening a form with cursor in a control filed
I have a form with a subform as reference. I only do data entry in 3 fields. I have set the tab control for field 1, 2 and 3, but when I click on add new record the cursor goes to the subform and and cannot tab out to the first field of the main form. I would like to set this up that on got focus the cursor is on the selected field and then tabs or move on enter to the next selected field in the tab order. The tab order in the main for is resetting to zero. Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 ...

What control is best to use when displaying a url to a jpg file
Hi I have a string that is representing a url to a jpg file and the image to this file should be displayed in a suitable control. What control do you recomment to use ? //Tony On Apr 18, 4:37=A0pm, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...@telia.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have a string that is representing a url to a jpg file and the image to > this file should be displayed in a suitable control. > What control do you recomment to use ? > > //Tony This may help... http://www.vcskicks.com/image-from-url.php Regards, Pasan Indeewara ...

What controls SSL for smartphone
What web site controls SSL when connecting a spartphone to Exchange. I seemed to have disable mine because I can sync without SSL. I want to enable directory security in IIS but was not sure what site is was in IIS that controlled this. Exchange-oms? Exchange-Active-Sync? Incidently, OWA requires SSL. Thanks "robw" <r042wal@nospamgmail.com> wrote: >What web site controls SSL when connecting a spartphone to Exchange. I >seemed to have disable mine because I can sync without SSL. I want to >enable directory security in IIS but was not sure what site is ...

Hiding only some items in tree control
is it possible to hide only some itemes within in tree control ? in VC+ + MFC You can not hide them, but you can remove them and add them back again as needed. I've heard of people changing the state to TVIS_CUT which makes it kind of a grayed out color and you can check the state for operations to have you handlers ignore those items. You can also use OnCustomDraw() to do some pretty interesting things. Here's an example: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c651/ Tom "Kishore" <kishor.s22@gmail.com> wrote in ...

How to insert a ani-gif in richedit control ??? thanks
How to insert a ani-gif in richedit control ??? thanks ...

User Account Control on Terminal Server 2008
I have a 2008R2 x64 Terminal Server and I need to allow users to run a .exe file. I keep getting the UAC warning and it wants a username and password. It is complaining about the publisher being unknown. This works for the admin account but I need it to work for normal users on this terminal server. I have raised the “Privilege Level” and changed the “Compatibility mode” and I have lowered UAC but I am not able to get by this. There was an old KB article but that was pulled so no luck there and I do not want to turn off UAC. Is a way to get this to work? "Noob&q...