What next, CRM implementation.

I have installed the CRM software and MSSQL with SP3 on my test server.
Still need to set up an Exchange 2000 test server with dummy users that only
need to send mail internally.
I want to set up my system for test with the sample database, and
integration with Exchange 2000.

Could someone shortly give a description on what the steps are for the whole
system to be up and running. (i am a newbie to CRM), and if possible an
estimated timeframe.
The server is windows 2003 running AD in native mode.
I realize that the time used is very individual, but i need an estimate for
my boss for when he can start customer demo's.

I.E. Have you set up the CRM environment for test, with the sample database?
How much time did you spend?

Thanks
�yvind

0
yvind
11/19/2003 12:54:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From scratch setting up a demo crm system with the demo data takes up to 6
hours depending on speed of hardware.

Production setups will take a lot longer as it involves understanding the
customers business as well as the technology needs.

If this is the first time you have done this I would recommend working
through the implementation guide step by step as this will take you through
to a successful completion.

"�yvind Antila" <oyvind.antila@[spamremove]objectware.no> wrote in message
> I have installed the CRM software and MSSQL with SP3 on my test server.
> Still need to set up an Exchange 2000 test server with dummy users that
only
> need to send mail internally.
> I want to set up my system for test with the sample database, and
> integration with Exchange 2000.
>
> Could someone shortly give a description on what the steps are for the
whole
> system to be up and running. (i am a newbie to CRM), and if possible an
> estimated timeframe.
> The server is windows 2003 running AD in native mode.
> I realize that the time used is very individual, but i need an estimate
for
> my boss for when he can start customer demo's.
>
> I.E. Have you set up the CRM environment for test, with the sample
database?
> How much time did you spend?
>
> Thanks
> �yvind

0
John

CRM Service modue for internal heldpesk use is useless???
Hi, I went through the newsgroup looking for an answer to my question. We find it very strange, if not amazing, that whenever you want to use the Service module of MSCRM for internal helpdesk purposes it does not work. The queue which will have to set up will only be fed with emails from outside, the router does not pick up internal email. In other words, colleagues(non crm users) can not send email to a queue. In my assumption that would imply that you can only use CRM for support issues with external contacts. Any ideas if there is a way to do this? Without having to set up a child ...

SAP ECC 6 BI 7 ECC 5 CRM 5 SCM 5 SRM 5 IS Oil IS Retail Installation
SAP INSTALLATION We can provide installation service for any type of following SAP IDES System in your stand alone home Laptop & Desktop and external USB Hard discs SAP R\3 4.7 EE, SAP ECC 5.0, SAP ECC 6.0 SAP CRM 5.0, SCM 5.0, SAP SRM 5.0, SAP BI 7.0, SAP SEM 6.0, SAP BW 3.1, IS- Utilities IS- Retail IS- Oil IS- Media IS- Healthcare Solution Manager SAP Netweaver with EP 7.0, Development framework SAP Middleware Connections for BW Extractions All R\3 systems comes with these core modules SAP Solution Manager SAP HR (Human Resource) SAP FI CO (Finance & Controlling) SAP SD (Sales &a...

CRM Client for Outlook Causing Extra Access to Mailbox
We've installed CRM client for Outlook on machines running Office XP SP3. We are also running Symantec Anti-virus for virus protection. When we access the mails in the Outlook, we found that the Outlook hang up for some time under the following conditions: 1. Whenever a mail with large attachment(s) is selected and immediately the mouse is focused and clicked on another mail. 2. When multiple mails (some with large attachments) are selected. When believe that the behaviour is related to the access of the mail by the CRM add-in, and caused the anti-virus software to scanning the lar...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

CRM 4.0 Auto-fill Error
When I type the first few letters in the lookup field and the "more than one match" list comes up, if I select Look up more records (at the bottom of the list) it gives me an Error everytime. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone resolved it? Thank you, Suzy ...

Error when creating an SQL 2005 database for CRM 3.0
Hi I’m installing a CRM 3.0 from scratch. I have installed a SQL2005 server I use Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition Server Setup CD. I fill in: Organization name Installation directory Web site SQL Server and create a new database Report Server An existing Organization Unit Network service account Exchange server I get an error in my Application event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSSQLSERVER Event Category: (2) Event ID: 17207 Date: 8/24/2006 Time: 8:04:00 AM User: DK\Administrator Computer: CRMPRE1 Description: FCB::Open: Operating system error 2(The system cannot ...

How to make Microsoft CRM Read-Only fields
I am trying to design a form that includes some information that cannot be changed by users. But I know that Microsoft CRM cannot have Read-Only fields. Please help me with work around solution. If you have any solution, please email me at may.fan@metrixtechnologies.com Thank you very much! May Well you cannot make a field read only in a standard install. It may be possible to change the source code to a form but that would be unsupported. one option would be to have a picklist as a business required field. You could then attach event code to this field which could help validate the ot...

Locked myself out off CRM
Hi all, I have remissly modified the System Administrator role of the CRM system when I set up the business units and users, and I could never logon it with an error message as "Service not running. The Microsoft CRM server or security service has been disabled or has not yet started. For more information, contact your system administrator." Is there any way to solve it?Or I have to re-install the whole system? Truly appreciate for any help!!! Thanks in advance, Yung "Yung" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bc4601c3ec91$af7a0b50$a6...

CRM 1.2 and Exchange 2003 on Same Server
I need to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS 03 server. In the past I have had issues running CRM and OWA on the same machine, because CRM takes the default site. This caused problems for me with OWA. If any one has any input on this it will be greatly appreciated -- Thank you in advance Either add a second IP address to the server and use that for the CRM site. Or enable the use of Host Headers, and use a unique host header for each site. Then create a DNS alias for each Host header, Use that to Call up CRM or OWA. -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Oh...

"Delete" should not be next to "rename" on right-click of mouse
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab895d2e-cf8e-4b39-afce-b222c9a9c96c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Gee, can't imagine what prompted that... I agree to some extent, but I'm ...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Indexing and Search Webservice for CRM
hi, it would be great if you provide an (optional) indexing serivce that indexes all crm objects and documents stored in crm in order to provide fast and convenient full text search. A search webservice that cooperates with windows desktop search would top the CRM search bundle off and would fit into the your MOSS and Search Story perfectly! Another compelling USP for Microsoft Dynamics CRM! greetz, Christina ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&quo...

CRM application is not accessible
When I try to access the CRM application I am getting Cannot generate SSPI context. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI context. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ...

Retrieve activity attachment using the CRM SDK
Hi Can I extract the content of an attachment file in an activity to an external file. Is that possible using the sdk? Anyone has a sample? Thanks Rakefet Shohat RepliWeb, Inc. http://www.repliweb.com ...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

HP iPAQ h6315 and CRM Mobile
HP and T-Mobile have announced a new HP iPAQ h6315 that is a GSM quad-band international cell phone with a snap-on QWERTY keyboard, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPRS data connectivity running Microsoft Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition. I believe it is scheduled to ship soon. http://216.197.123.237/productpage.htm http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1626981,00.asp http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=440 Does anyone know if this Pocket PC device (when it finally ships) will support MS CRM Mobile 1.2? The processor is the 200 MHz TI OMAP 1510 and not the...

CRM 1.2 and SBS2003
Is anyone running CRM 1.2 on SBS2003? I have heard that installing it wipes out the companyweb. Are there any other issues to look out for? Thanks. Dewayne I am running it on SBS2003 with no issues. Of course because SBS incorporates a lot of software it does pay to monitor the server more closely than normal as its usually hosting a domain controller, exchange, sql , crm and more "Dewayne Chappell" <dewayne_chappell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeUaLQE8DHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is anyone running CRM 1.2 on SBS2003? I have heard that installing it wi...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

CRM V1.2 and SBS 2003 Not Working installation issues
Greetings and Happy New Year My Question is why doesn't CRM behave correctly? Environemnt is SBS2003 Premium Exchange Configred and running correctly. ISA running using 2 Nics. Domain with active directory running ok. SQL 2000 with service packs 3a applied. IIS running ok default websites all accessable. Firstly i followed the IG for SBS2003(Fresh Install with all updates) all prerequisites were ticked off prior to installation. Install procedure was followed to the letter. Results :( http://localhost causes IE to spit up You do not have permissions to view this Web Site. What ...

CRM SFO setup
Hi Everyone: I am having some problems with the SFO client. Situation: I have a machine that is not joined to the domain. The machine is updated accordingly with all of the latest SP's. At this point it is joined to the domain. Now, at this point there are 2 different profiles. The one for the local machine and then the one for the domain. All of my outlook is on the local machine. I proceed to log onto the domain and then my outlook does the new installation as it should. Here is my BIG situation: This machine is a travelling machine is rarely in the office. There mi...