Web Client 02-22-07

Two Questions

1.  Can the Microsoft CRM client for the web be setup to be used by users
who are working from their home office if they are not logged onto a VPN -
simply over the web?  I am essentially asking if a web client can be used to
access CRM outside of remote services or remote connection to where the
servers are hosted.  (Very much like users can access salesforce.com from any
web browser).

2.  Is it possible to use a Microsoft Web Client over securely over SSL?
(Veyr much like salesforce.com is all SSL).

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

James - I don't think it's officially supported in the current version, but
you can run the CRM on a https (port 443) and run the CRM over the internet.
You'll have to create user profiles for all the users in your AD, and they
will just be challenged for credentials when they connect from a machine
that's not currently authenticated to the network.

Dave Ireland

"James" <James @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Two Questions
>
> 1.  Can the Microsoft CRM client for the web be setup to be used by users
> who are working from their home office if they are not logged onto a VPN -
> simply over the web?  I am essentially asking if a web client can be used
> access CRM outside of remote services or remote connection to where the
> servers are hosted.  (Very much like users can access salesforce.com from
> any
> web browser).
>
> 2.  Is it possible to use a Microsoft Web Client over securely over SSL?
> (Veyr much like salesforce.com is all SSL).

0
Dave

Dynamics GP 9.0 Install for Client workstations
Very Disappointed. I created the msi file to send to the workstations. The client launched the file, it loaded Utilities, but needed the sa password to continue. I still had to go to the client's workstation to put this in. I also had to change the OLE notes and the Shared location of the reports.dic I was misinformed by Microsoft back in October 2005 that the installer package handled all of this information, thus making it a true client pushdown/pull. If it's a brand new install on a workstation, you must also create the ODBC client. Also, I cannot put anything from dis...

Outlook Web Access/IIS6
Hi We use IIS6 just for OWA (Exchange 2003) every so often the ability to access the OWA page stops, even if you go onto the server and localhost still can't access page, the only way to respolve this is to restart the server? (you can stop and start IIS services) Any help much appreciated Many thanks Mark - Any errors in the application event log? - Is the http virtual server running? - Does this happen for all mailboxes or particular mailbox(es)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Marka" &l...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

Open default mail client programmatically
Hi all, Is there a function in visual c++ to open default mail client and pass to it destination addr, subject, body an an attachement (like SendObject in VB). Thanks. ShellExecute mailto:\\ -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "MB2" <m.b2@laposte.net> wrote in message news:d9lqfe$ors$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net... > Hi all, > Is there a function in visual c++ to open default mail client > and pass to it destination addr, subject, body an an attachement (like > SendObject in VB). > > Thanks. > > >Is there a function in visual c++ to o...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

FrameworkService.exe @ 90%+ CPU; outlook 02 hangs
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have no idea when it started, but Outlook 2002 hangs at different moments each time I use it (usually either when I first click on Inbox to check for new messages, or when I try to open a message). I've noticed that my CPU Usage is continuously at 100%. I now also notice that FrameworkService.exe is always the biggest CPU hog on the Processes tab (in Task Mgr), and when Outlook 2002 is open, it's almost constantly above 90 in the CPU column. Anyone else out there as frustrated as I am? That is the McAfee 7.x virusscanner ...

Code Comment Web Report,
I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply move it? > I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not > see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book > says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid > of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply ...

outlook 2000 client is very slow with exchange 2003 server
we migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server but after migration our outlook 2000 Client is very slow If any one know about this pls let me know.If i have to check any configuration.. Thank Biswajit De Install Outlook 2003 on one machine. Once you connect with it you can hold CTRL - Right click on the Outlook icon by the clock and choose Connection Status. Then let us know which service is slow in there. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to...

Installing the CRM Laptop Client error message
"The user id associated with the current record is not valid" is the error message that shows when starting Outlook. We have installed the laptop client on numerous laptops, this has only appeared on one laptop which is a tablet type and the only other difference is that it is running outlook 2003 where all the others are running outlook 2002. The operating system is windows XP on all the laptops. Anyone got any ideas, can't seem to find any other help on this. ...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

Outlook Desktop Client Error
Hi, I have installed desktop client on my system.It has been installed successfully.While opening the outlook it is showing some errors like error while loading Crm functionality. CRM server is unavailable, try again later. This is my system configuration Windows 2003 server standard edition MS office 2003 with SP2 Previously it was working fine. The errors are 1.There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.The server might be unavailable. Try again later.If the problem persists,contact system administrator. 2. An error occured loading CRM functionality,try restarting ...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException
Has anyone tried the Samples that come with the Webservices install? Has anyone else received this error with the Samples or does anyone know what is causing it? "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> An exception occurred that the exception subsystem was unable to log. Consult your System Administrator.\r\n at CustomerUpdate.WebServiceManager.GetAllCompanies() in C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics\\GPWebServicesSDK\\v9\\Samples\\UpdateCustomers\\CustomerUpdate\\WebServiceManager.cs:line 108\r\n at CustomerUpdate.Custom...

problem with offline in outlook client
hi, when I put the outlook client in offline, I have a error : the way network was not found in the diagbox. In the SQL server Entreprise manager I have errors in the agent, error number : 20143. and I have this message : Le processus n'a pas pu lire le fichier « \\CRONOS\MECALOG\MSCRMSnapshotShare\unc\CRONOS$MECALOG_Adventure_Works_Cycle_METABASE_CRMMetaPub-Adventure_W73577108\20040802151054\snapshot.pre » en raison d'une erreur du système d'exploitation : 53. (Source : COLIBRI\CRM (Agent) ; Numéro d'erreur : 20143) --------------------------------------...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

554 error client host rejected wrong mail relay using Exchange 2003 /w SP2
I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail to. We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2. Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR record? Or... In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but within Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would this be causing the issue? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system ad...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

Default Signatures using Outlook Web Access
Because I primarily access email via Outlook Web Access (do not use desktop version of Outlook), I would like to have new/reply messages in OWA default to use a standard signature. I know how to set this up with the desktop version of Outlook. I have also seen how a signature can be picked if your desktop version of Outlook is "configured and runnable" when you are using OWA. However, can a standard signature be set up when only using OWA? Thanks, I would appreciate any help. What version of Exchange are you using? Exchange 2003 OWA offers a default signature. There are a...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

Service Calendar 02-22-06
Is there a way to print the Service Calendar? Either by day, week, or month, or in any fashion at all? Why doesn't the Service Calendar show in the Outlook Client? And, if I have the Outlook client loaded and Outlook launched, the Servcie Calendar doesn't show up in the Web client. Thanks! Service Calendar UI doesn't show up in the UI by design. The interface doesn't play well in the reduced space that Outlook gives us and adds another logical "Calendar". That can be changed, however, by manipulating the sitemap outlook properties. Just make sure not ...

Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found
i install CRM 3.0 befor i have crm 1.2 but i can't unistall i have Delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient Try to install the CRM 3.0 Client again show error Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found Thanks ...

image enlarges when uploaded to web
I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size of it is 7.85 in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in. deep. How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont increase in size? Help! Dawn Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels, probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

SetFocus problem 02-05-08
Alright, this is driving me nuts. I have an unbound text box (txtAddInvoices) on a form (A2003) where a user can enter an invoice number and the code in the After Update event creates a recordset clone and looks for the invoice number. If a match is not found it displays a message box. It works fine except that I cannot get it to set focus back to the text box after the code runs. Here is the current code (slightly condensed); Private Sub txtAddInvoices_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strCriteria As String Dim strMsg As String Set rst = Me.RecordsetCl...