Want to learn about CRM 4.0?

If you want to learn and and get the latest information for CRM 4.0,
please visit the Crowe CRM 4.0 blog. We have a great CRM team and we
are going to post information related to CRM 4.0 weekly. We already
posted information related to Multiple User Lookups on a Form,
Duplicate Detection, Data Import Tool, etc...

To visit the Crowe CRM blog, please go to the following link:

http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com
http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm

0
darrenliu (251)
10/10/2007 2:00:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Darren,

I have downloaded the "what is new in CRM 4.0" from partner source.
There are 160 pages describing new updates .

/Aamir

0
Aamir
10/10/2007 2:48:21 PM
Great to hear that you have access to the crm 4.0 document!

Our blog not only talks about the new updates in CRM 4.0. It will also
covers things we found during our CRM implemention at our clients.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 10, 9:48 am, Aamir <whatels...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> I have downloaded the "what is new in CRM 4.0" from partner source.
> There are 160 pages describing new updates .
>
> /Aamir

0
Darren

Interested in Microsoft CRM
My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing MS CRM. This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization. Are there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far as usage of this solution? Also, can you comment on whether the solution was useful without customization or was there customization to the product. If there was customization, then how much (% amount) and wh...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Getting rid of #DIV/0! #2
Does anybody know a quick way of getting rid of the error message #DIV/0!. Like a way to change it into just 0 or something? Thanks Erin Here are some typical ways.... For values in A1 and B1 Different ways depending on your anticipated values.... C1: =IF(B1<>0,A1/B1,0) OR C1: =IF(N(B1)<>0,A1/B1,0) OR C1: =IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),0,A1/B1) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "erin" wrote: > Does anybody know a quick way of getting rid of the error message > #DIV/0!. Like a way to change it into just 0 or something? Than...

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

MS CRM 3.0 Customer Case Problem
Dear CRM Experts, I have a problem with MS CRM 3.0: I want to create a web based form in our company website that customers create their Cases (tickets) by it and we (I and my Tech. staff) response to them (Ticketing system). It seems for security reasons we shouldn’t allow CRM browsing outside of our Internal Network (Intranet). Please help me how can present solution for this problem. Best Regards, Mohsen Ahmadi You have a couple of options. There are third-party apps that will let you integrate CRM with your website, but with 3.0 you would probably need to purchase the External C...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Track in CRM Button
For some users, the track in crm button does not appear when they try to setup calendar appt using outlook. We did install on clean machine for one user experiencing this and the crm button does not appear. Our enviromentL 1. Outlook 2007 2. IE 2007 3. CRM 3.0 with Rollup Update 2 also looked at the following hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939175/en-us which only applies to Outlook 2003. Are there any other hot fixes that may apply to Outlook 2007? Thanks. ...

Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0
Hi 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser? 2) What are most common ? thanks for any feedback... It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version. The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook and not have to go a different application. Outlook: 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. "you don't need to learn a new application - it's ju...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Database using Access 2.0
Our church purchased Church Windows software. When we asked if we could import our members from our existing database Greentree CDMS they said we couldn't because CW is an Access 2.0 database and we don't have that software. What would be the benefit of still using Access 2.0 for software development? Thanks, Linda Hi Linda I doubt there are many new programs being written in Access 2. It was a great piece of software, and many databases were writing using it. I don't know Church Windows, but I am guessing that it was written back in the Access 2 days (around 1994), ...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

customizations import from 3.0 to 4.0
Is is possible to import customizations into a 4.0 system that were exported from a 3.0 install? You will need to upgrade 3.0 implementation to 4.0 by running MS CRM 4.0 setup. Please go through Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide. You can download this guide from folowing URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en I don't think that there is any supported way through which you can import 3.0 Customization file to 4.0 implementation. Cheers, Rohit "Leo_B" wrote: > Is is possible to im...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)
I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed. The 8525 uses a Samsung 400MHz processor. Is there a plan in place to test and release on this platform? The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors. The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should work. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A818737C-44F3-4...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

Slow acces CRM 3.0
Hi, We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client. Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account it's delay about 10 seconds. Why?? thanks in advance I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing in CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's that you describe. Could it...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

0.947694 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.2828604
1.178199E-02 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 9.059644E-02 0.947694 Now Visit http://nowclickhere.bravehost.com/index.html 0.2828604 ...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...