Wait Activity Condition

We have an activity that is added to the lead record automatically at the
time the lead is created.  It is a phone call activity for our reps to
followup with the lead.

We also have a sales process (workflow) set up for once the lead is
converted to an opportunity. My question is:

How can I keep the lead from being converted to an opportunity until the
phone call activity on the lead is completed?  I have looked at the Wait
Activity Condition but can't seem to get anything to work.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendi
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

conditional summing of arrays
I would like to sumproduct 2 arrays up to the row where it first exceeds a given number. For example assume 2 arrays are as follows : 1,2,3,4,5 & 2,3,4,5,6 the sumproduct is 2,8,20,40,70. So if my given number was say 30, the answer would be 4. if the number was say 80, the result would be NA. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you and kind regards JV ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** This can probably be done easier =INDEX(LARGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&...

Conditional format to cells containing a #DIV/0! error
I would like to apply a conditional format to an entire spreadsheet. In particular, if a cell returns and error such as #DIV/0! I would the selected font color to be white. What do I have to enter in the conditional formatting menu? If I set the value of the cell equal to #DIV/0!, the format does not work. A solution that I found could be to use the GoTo functions to select the cells with errors and then manually apply the color, but since I am creating a template at a later point the empty cells that return the divided by zero error may contain a number. Basically I would like the cells t...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

where is "autocalculate" and how do i activate it
Maybe.... In xl2003: Tools|Options|Calculation tab Check Automatic jumpinjj wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

"No resource have been selected for this activity"?
When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen of a contact, after I fill out the fields on the form assistant and click "Save and Open", I would get this message "No resource have been selected for this activity". Why? and how to get rid of this warning? Thx. ------=_NextPart_0001_0A0CD6AA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen > of a contact, after I fill out the field...

Need historical tracking of activity coming into GP via eConnect
Currently if transactions come into GP via eConnect then get deleted for some reason, there is no audit trail of what happened to these transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Who thinks MSFT will NOT release a "non-activation" version of Mon
I know MSFT has about 9 months to meet their promise and release a version of Money that does not require activation, but what is their motivation to do so? It appears that Money's market share was below 20% and who knows how many have already switched to Quicken or will do so by Jan 2011. In order to avoid a PR debacle around stranding users' financial data, I'm beginning to think that MSFT will say that they lent Quicken an MSFT software engineer to create a converter and will give people a coupon for some $$ off quicken 2010 or 2011. Or MS might release an offl...

Conditional Delete
I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would be appreciated! I'd select that column and do Data|Filter|autofilter Then use the dropdown and choose custom contains: (type in your value) And delete the visible rows Then data|Filter|autofilter (to remove the filter) ======= You may be able to chose the value you want from the dropdown, too--avoiding the Custom stuff. gsxith3@embarqmail.com wrote: > > I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would > be appreciated! -- Dave Peterson Edit>Find what: yourtext Find all. ...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

Conditional Formatting in data table of a chart
I'm using Excel 2007, and trying to apply conditional formatting to the data table of a line chart. I've tried creating the chart without the formatting applied to cells with the original data (data source), and then applying the format to the source; as well as creating the chart after applying the format to the source. The data table in the chart will naturally update with changed data since it is linked, but will not incorporate any style formatting. Any thought? Thanks. Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible. They do not, for example, support conditional fo...

Sharing activities history
Hi, we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server). I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact we can have a quick look at recent communications. I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?! We are using Outlook 2007. Thanks, Graeme There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your mailbox or 1 public folder at a time....

Comparing data sets with +/-1 tolerance using conditional formatin
Please help! This has been puzzling me for hours!! I am using conditional formating to compare one data set with another to see if there are any discrepancies, using green cells for the same and red cells for different data. However, one set of data is rounded to the whole number, but the other set is to 2 decimal places (and has to remain that way). Therefore I need my conditional formating to compare the two data sets, but with a tolerance of plus or minus 1.00. How do I create this formula using conditional formating? CF/ Formula is: =ABS(A1-B1)<=1 -- David Biddulph ...

Active synch error event id 3005
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 sp1 jsut recently i have a user who everytime he synchs i get an error in the app log on the server, its event ID 3005 Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [thebeast.insuranceskillscenter.com] User: [joeuser@domain.com] HTTP status code: [502]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks ...

[B]Conditional Macro?[/B]
Hey. Is it possible to activate a Macro when a cell contains a certai value? or anything simila -- Heydilber ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heydilbert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48441 Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target ...

Keyboard Shortcut to toggle b/w Find and Replace and Active Worksheet?
Hi: I open the Find and replace Dialogue Box using CTRL+F and then enter the value I am looking for. Excel moves the cursor to the cell in question with the found value. Is there anyway to then use the keyboard to move from the dialogue box into the actual worksheet, without having to mouse click back into the open file? It seems there has to be some type of way to use the keyboard to move from the Find Dialogue box without using the mouse. I hope I am being clear on what I am trying to do, it seems very simple yet I cannot figure out what keyboard command to use to basically select the Exce...

Error when closing an Activity
CRM 3.0 upgraded from 1.2 Most things work but the following error is displayed when closingan activity. Although the activity is closed. How can I fix this? [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.TaskWebService.Retrieve(Guid id, ColumnSetBase columnSet) +100 Microsoft...

Conditional formatting with linked value
I'm Paste Special/Linking formatted dates (dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy) and text values in a calendar type list - linking to a copy of the calendar. When I don't have any dates or values on specific lines, I want the copy calendar to have blank lines. However, because I format the date I get a '0' in the 'blank' line. Or if I don't have a date on the line I get 'Sunday, January 0, 2000' in the copy calendar line. I've been trying to use the conditional formatting (I use Excel 2007), using white as the color for the lines I don't want to show, but can...

Conditional format on data change
I've a 5-column table with financial data sorted by the field "payee". As the table is extensive I would like to highlight the row(preferably) or the cell at each data change in the payee field. Can this be done? I put some text in A10:A20 (a,a,a,b,c,c,c,........) Selected A10:M20 Used Format | Conditional Formatting with -> Formula is $A10<> $A9 opened the Pattern tab and selected a fill colour Now the rows in range where text in A changes are coloured green Note it colours the first row (we could do something about this if important) best wishes -- Bernar...

Find cases without activities
I am trying to maka a view that finds all cases without any activities e.g. service activity, call etc. I tried several cobinations but not succeed. Any ideas? thanks! Perttis, You really can't, at least not using Advanced Find. If you're good with SQL, you can write a SQL query that does a left join of the case table to the activitybase table, but that still won't allow users in CRM to do anything with the results (like create activities for them). But, you can tie an SRS report to a SQL query or stored procedure that can get you that info, so that's one way to go. The...

Can you conditional format bar and pie charts in Excel 2000?
Hello, I don't know if this is possible in excel 2000 but I figured I woul ask a quick question instead of continuing to spin my wheels on it. I there anyway to automatically conditional format the color of a pie o bar chart. In other words, I have a table of data that is going t change from month to month. The table I am graphing looks like this: Project Size Status Project A $2m Green Project B $.5m Green Project C $1.2m Red The number of projects and status' could change from month to month. want to create a pie (or bar) charts that will auto format the...

Report last activity completed, next activity(ies) not completed
Hi everyone! Thank you in advance for at least taking a look at this. CRM has been a great product to use so far but I've run into some difficulty building a report to give the account, last activity completed, and next (highest priority and date created) activity to be worked on. I have all the SQL structure and process figured out to sort the values but I can't for the life of me figure out how activities are related back to an account (or contact, lead, email recpt...ect.) so if anyone could point me in the direction of how to link an activity to an account in the SQL Repor...

'Disappearing' activities
Hi folks; Is there a way to keep appointments in the calendar after the due date has passed? I have a customer who is having a problem with 'disappearing' calendar appointments once the due date passes. thx Jason Jason, There is a SQL Job that runs every day which closes all past appointments automatically. To disable it start the SQL Enterprise Manager, expand Management, expand the SQL Server Agent, select Jobs. Then right click on the *_MSCRM.Close Past Appointment jobs and select disable. This should fix your problem (I don't know if this is 100% supported though). I...

Conditional Formatting 11-30-09
New to this.... I have a list of dollar amounts in column A. In column B, a 1 or 2 (yes or no) depending on whether the bid was awarded or not. I need to create a running total everytime a 1 is added to column B that equals the total of the dollar amounts next to each "1". =SUMIF(B:B,1,A:A) will work provided the columns have nothing else in them but the data for this topic. Otherwise, somethink like this with your actual ranges =SUMIF(B1:B100,1,A1:A100) BTW, this is not 'formatting' - that only changes the appearance of things. You need a formula to cond...

Conditional format #22
I am making a training schedule, and I need a bit of help. In each workbook, I have 12 sheets 1 for each month. Let’s say Joe is up for retraining on March 1. In cell C46 of every month I have his due date of March 31. The way I have it working right now is if 30 days prior and the training is still not done, the cell with the training date in it (C46) turns yellow. If it expires it goes red. What I would like it to do, is if 30 days prior the training is not done I would like it to turn Cells A1-A30 B1-B30 C1-C30 yellow. If it expires I would like the same cells to turn red. Is this p...