VPN for CRM Very Slow

Hi sir,
   We are using CRM1.2 previously, but all VPN users complaints that our CRM
too slow. So we migrate to CRM3.0, upgrade ISP to 4mbps, update CRM Server
Dual Xeon CPU 3.0Ghz ~ 2GB RAM, update to 1GB Cable and Switch .
   But now, all VPN users still complaints CRM very slow. What can i do? I
have surf information at Internet and change REGEDIT, Install hotfix and
increase Cache Memory. But still same results.
    Please help !!!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try this for starters:

In IIS, browse to the file '<crm virtual dir>/_common/scripts/Stage.js',
show properties, goto 'HTTP Headers'.

Check the 'Enable content expiration' checkbox, and select the 'Expire
immediately' option (now this file (5kb) will be retrieved for each request,
instead of caching it locally) Now clear the temporary internet files of
your local browser, and open MSCRM again

"lee" <lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi sir,
>   We are using CRM1.2 previously, but all VPN users complaints that our
> CRM
> too slow. So we migrate to CRM3.0, upgrade ISP to 4mbps, update CRM Server
> Dual Xeon CPU 3.0Ghz ~ 2GB RAM, update to 1GB Cable and Switch .
>   But now, all VPN users still complaints CRM very slow. What can i do? I
> have surf information at Internet and change REGEDIT, Install hotfix and
> increase Cache Memory. But still same results.
>    Please help !!!!

0
Peter
5/8/2007 7:26:46 PM
Hi peter,
   Thank for your fast response. Your method i have surf from internet last
time and i have done this changes for our IIS before. It have improve
"INTERNAL Users" JIT speed. But for VPN users totally no different.
   We have send new client PC (dual core 2.6, 4GB Ram , 256mb graphic card,
1GB network card) to them. But no improve at all.
   We have changed SERVER , Client High speed PC. High bandwidth internet
speed. But why no different at all?
   Or CRM can use for VPN but can't running smooth actually?
   Thanks.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Try this for starters:
>
> In IIS, browse to the file '<crm virtual dir>/_common/scripts/Stage.js',
> show properties, goto 'HTTP Headers'.
>
> Check the 'Enable content expiration' checkbox, and select the 'Expire
> immediately' option (now this file (5kb) will be retrieved for each request,
> instead of caching it locally) Now clear the temporary internet files of
> your local browser, and open MSCRM again
>

> "lee" <lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi sir,
> >   We are using CRM1.2 previously, but all VPN users complaints that our
> > CRM
> > too slow. So we migrate to CRM3.0, upgrade ISP to 4mbps, update CRM Server
> > Dual Xeon CPU 3.0Ghz ~ 2GB RAM, update to 1GB Cable and Switch .
> >   But now, all VPN users still complaints CRM very slow. What can i do? I
> > have surf information at Internet and change REGEDIT, Install hotfix and
> > increase Cache Memory. But still same results.
> >    Please help !!!!

CRM Client CD?
Where can I download the CRM Client for Outlook. We have purchased CRM and I also have an MSDN subscription, but I cannot find the client. Can someone please provide the URL? Thanks! Your software supplier should have provided this for you. It would be on the second installation disk for CRM. This can be downloaded from MSDN under: Microsft Dynamics (MBS) > Customer Relationship > CRM 3.0 > English > Prof or SBS Disk 2. -- David Wasserman www.grandconsult.com "plex4r" wrote: > Where can I download the CRM Client for Outlook. We have purchased CRM and...

CRM Over Windows 2003 64 Bits Itanium
Hi! I install CRM 1.2 on windows server 2003 64 bit itanium, the first problem was :net framework 1.1, but I Install :net framework 2.0 64 bits and is Ok but when i type the URL http://crm a text box requires autentication i type the correct user and password but later an Erro 404 Page not found appears What is the problem, Note IIS is already configured There has yet to be any official support for 64-bit platforms. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:08:02 -0700, "Juan Hernandez&qu...

MSExchangeFBPublish event id 8213 Word Docs open slow.
I am geting a ton of these erros on my exchange server. I am also getting a few others that I will copy down here. The problem my users are having is when they open Word documents from a recieved email. Word can take up to 2 minutes to open. It doesn't seem to effect any other attachments excel sheets and power point attachments open fine. The word documents are less than 100k so it is not a size issue. Any suggestions ? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: (1) Event ID: 8213 Date: 10/18/2006 Time: 8:33:23 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: T...

CRM requirements, any advice please
2003 Web Edition is mentioned in the requirements for CRM and I was just wondering how you would go about implementing this. I think its only any use in the large deployment as far as I can see. Is it possible to install the medium deployment, SQL & CRM, on a Web Edition Server? I dont think so. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx We are a software reseller only very recently having acheived partner status. We are deliberating on a decent server and architecture for our OWN internal use so that users can have access to CRM at least in a test environm...

Users from child business unit is having trouble accessing the crm
hi Users from child business unit are having trouble accessing the sales module for web application. The error is : Error has occured. please contact system administrator. However the same user when placed on the parent BU doesnot have any trouble. Please note that a custom security role was created for the users at the parent BU and by default this security role is created for the child BUs. Now this security role i assigned to the user. and they are having the trouble accessing the application sales module and customer service module. please help. thanks Have you tried giving the...

crm 3.0 / install / application error reporting installation failed
I am currently re-installing crm 3.0 on a second development server , still windows 2003 but the small business edition this time. I get stuck during the initial setup phase when the installer tries to install components : the application error reporting installer reports a failure: Component: Microsoft application error reporting Status: missing Message: Minimum version required is 11.0.5510 I also tried installing the msi file directly from the command line, the one located in cd1\dw\watson.msi -> same result, nothing appears except the event entry below: event informatio...

CRM 3.0 This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM error
CRM 3.0 running on a laptop with CRM laptop client(offline) installed. Every 20 minutes or so, a pop -up stating "This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM. Changes will not be synchronized to the MS CRM System". I cannot find anything online other than a KB article that this was fixed in version 3.0. Any ideas? Or better yet...any ideas how to determine which record is marked "read only"? anyone?? "Scott" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:d22a0$4b97d624$4ada8749$13991@FUSE.NET... > CRM 3.0 running on a laptop with CRM laptop client(...

Excel 2002Freezes and CRM
I am having a problem with Excel and word freezing when trying to close. It happens mostly when merging letters or opening and closing an excel transcript. Any ideas!!!! ...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

CRM/Help Desk Software
Does Microsoft have a CRM solution comparable to Remedy Help Desk or Avaya. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. CB Hi Carleton, I'm not aware of a Microsoft helpdesk but if you are simply just looking for alternatives, we are using a product called ieSupportManager. If you do a search on Google you will find the website. A free trial version is available which is fully functional. We purchased two copies. We use one for helpdesk / issue tracking and we use the other copy for bug tracking and defect tracking ( although it is primarily a helpdesk product ). There i...

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework
I am having a great deal of trouble using the DMF. At this point I am only trying to migrate my "Accounts" into CRM. I populdate the CDF with my accounts and make sure that I also populate it with the Owner Name. At this point I just want basic information, account name along with an address. I run the cleansing step and map the owner however when I run the migration it won't migrate the data. All I get is the error: 9/17/2008 - 11:30:58 AM -- Failed to migrate object: 9/17/2008 - 11:30:58 AM -- <account><owninguser>{8CD8A0D7-1350-DC11-B36B-0019B9D78A53}</...

CRM 4.0 BUG
Hi, CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or opening spot and asks me if I want to open or save the file? Has anybody knowledge of this bug? Thanks Bernard We had this issue. After talking with MS support, we were told this....... From MS.... "we are seeing this issue after IE update 953838 has been installed on a machine. We are still looking into this, but we have a workaround of adding content to the blank.aspx page. Please follow the steps and update the case with the results." As a temporary workaround, please edit the blank.aspx file so it contai...

very slow
My son's laptop has become really slow, Win Vista Home, Acer laptop, I have checked as much as i can for him, It boots up although a little slow, whaen you click on anything ,a program, start menu, control panel, etc ,anything, they open really slowly sometimes stopping altogether, clean out any spyware, temp files anything to speed it up but still nothing, any ideas please Thamks Glenn Glenn wrote: > My son's laptop has become really slow, Win Vista Home, Acer laptop, I have > checked as much as i can for him, It boots up although a little slow, whaen >...

Outlook slow down
Is anyone else experiencing problems with Outlook slowing down? When I boot up Outlook will run fine. If I close it an open it again it will run like an old dog. Taking about 10 seconds to open a message. If I leave it even longer I will receive a message saying 'Operation Failed' every time I try to send/receive messages. The only way to rectify this is to log off and on again. I have tried reinstalling it and after a while the same problem occurs. Hope someone can help. Cheers. Myles. Hope you can at least give us the version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Pilote CRM 3.0
We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same environnment. Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to version 3.0 It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment. They have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but not databases. It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0 before you take your 3.0 environment down. If that is the case, post back and I can provide details. "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Very slow to move around a spreadsheet in Excel 2007
Hi, Just move from Excel XP to 2007, and one particular spreadsheet is very slow after loading it, it opens and closes fine, but once it's opened it works very slow, mving from one cell to another, or by pressing page down or up. I'd checked for formulas, fonts, etc., and I can't find the reason for being so slow. Other spreadsheets work just fine. The original file size was around 50k, the new 2007 version is over 500k! Any ideas? -- Juan Consulting services That's strange. In my experiences, 2007 compresses older .xls files up to 50% and makes the overall file size...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

Outlook Contacts and CRM 3.0
I have contacts in outlook that have been designated to be tracked tracked in CRM 3.0. The contact got deleted from CRM and is still in outlook. When I push the "View in CRM" button, I get the record does not exist or I do not have sufficient priviledges. I do have all priviledges, and I know the item does not exist in CRM. So how do I get the "View in CRM" button to go away and become a "Track in CRM" button. The contact will show as 'Track in CRM' the next time the Outlook Synchronization occurs. If you don't have this setup to run automa...

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

Action Pack and CRM 4.0
Does anyone know when Action Pack subscribers can expect to receive CRM 4.0? I believe there is a January 2008 shipment - would it be included then? If not, is there any way for Action Pack subscribers to access 4.0 beforehand? That will be hard to tell, since v4.0 has not been RTM yet. The actual release date can be a moving target. I think the public announce target date is Q1, 2008. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Jason Mutchler" wrote: > Does anyone know when Action Pack subscribers can expect t...

Installing & Using CRM without Exchange Server
My company is looking into using CRM without Microsoft Exchange for the time being. Can CRM work with POP/Smtp mail hosted by our ISP? Can you still send mail out thru CRM? Can you still promote emails into CRM? What functions do you loose when you don't have Exchange. Is anyone using CRM without Exchange and have an Positive experience. Any Feedback is good. Thanks! CRM will only send and receive email through the CRM Exchange connector which as its name suggests only works on Exchange 2000 "atl" <atloak357@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ug7l2bafDHA.2320@T...

OL 2000 way to slow to load
Initially, after booting my machine, Outlook 2000 takes about 2 minutes to load. After it once loads, I can close it and reload it in a second or two. Interestingly, after I double-click on the icon, nothing happens for the entire time and then, a few seconds before it finally loads, the OL intro window finally pops up. While I'm waiting for it to load, I do a ctrl-alt-del to see what task manager is showing but even TM doesn't respond until OL finally loads. I've run malware S/W (superantispyware) and all is clean. Any more clues I should look for as to why OL ...

Outlook or CRM
I own a small company and need a Customer Relationship Management software system. Looking at Microsoft CRM as well as Outlook 2003 Beta software. We are a small shop - 9 employees. Seems the new Outlook and CRM are very close to each other - Outlook is low-cost, CRM is high. I'm worried Outlook will stop building CRM functionality in it and turn it over to CRM. Any advice? ...

Address book slow to update...
Using exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 environment. We I create a new user in AD, it can take up to 24 hours for the address book to list the new entry...even if I force a replication. Is there anyway I can speed this process up? TIA, Gary That is the default policy. Are you rebuilding the list once you have made a change? How are you viewing the GAL? If Outlook are you forcing a download of the OAB? Nue "Gary" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in message news:eB%230zWTHGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Using exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 environment. We I creat...