VPN Access 03-23-06

Hi - I had CRM working via VPN satisfactorily until i decided to change the
IP address of the CRM server. When this started causing problems i changed it
back to the original IP address again. All users from within the LAN can
access without difficulty, but the VPN users now cannot connect. They were
connecting throught the following URL http://crm:5555 --> To combat this i
published the CRM server externally through ISA 2000, that seemed to work ok
until users tried to access reports, they got a page cannot be displayed
error. Any ideas as this is really driving me nuts?
--
Help
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Victor - I'm not 100% sure of what's happening, but my guess is that when
you changed the IP address for the server that the VPN edge server name
resolution cache got mixed up (wrong name-IP mapping).

Have you tried flushing the DNS cache on both the client and ISA machines?

Thanks,
Andy

"Victor Gannon" wrote:

> Hi - I had CRM working via VPN satisfactorily until i decided to change the
> IP address of the CRM server. When this started causing problems i changed it
> back to the original IP address again. All users from within the LAN can
> access without difficulty, but the VPN users now cannot connect. They were
> connecting throught the following URL http://crm:5555 --> To combat this i
> published the CRM server externally through ISA 2000, that seemed to work ok
> until users tried to access reports, they got a page cannot be displayed
> error. Any ideas as this is really driving me nuts?
> --
> Help
Hi Andrew -

thanks for your response , tried this but unfortunately no joy.
--
Help

"Andrew Bybee (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Victor - I'm not 100% sure of what's happening, but my guess is that when
> you changed the IP address for the server that the VPN edge server name
> resolution cache got mixed up (wrong name-IP mapping).
>
> Have you tried flushing the DNS cache on both the client and ISA machines?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> "Victor Gannon" wrote:
>
> > Hi - I had CRM working via VPN satisfactorily until i decided to change the
> > IP address of the CRM server. When this started causing problems i changed it
> > back to the original IP address again. All users from within the LAN can
> > access without difficulty, but the VPN users now cannot connect. They were
> > connecting throught the following URL http://crm:5555 --> To combat this i
> > published the CRM server externally through ISA 2000, that seemed to work ok
> > until users tried to access reports, they got a page cannot be displayed
> > error. Any ideas as this is really driving me nuts?
> > --
> > Help
andrew -

Added our domain name to the DNS suffix tab on each of the affected clients
- this resolved the issue.

--
Help

"Andrew Bybee (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Victor - I'm not 100% sure of what's happening, but my guess is that when
> you changed the IP address for the server that the VPN edge server name
> resolution cache got mixed up (wrong name-IP mapping).
>
> Have you tried flushing the DNS cache on both the client and ISA machines?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> "Victor Gannon" wrote:
>
> > Hi - I had CRM working via VPN satisfactorily until i decided to change the
> > IP address of the CRM server. When this started causing problems i changed it
> > back to the original IP address again. All users from within the LAN can
> > access without difficulty, but the VPN users now cannot connect. They were
> > connecting throught the following URL http://crm:5555 --> To combat this i
> > published the CRM server externally through ISA 2000, that seemed to work ok
> > until users tried to access reports, they got a page cannot be displayed
> > error. Any ideas as this is really driving me nuts?
> > --
> > Help

Howto enable https outlook-web-access?
Hi there! Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access to the outlook-web-access feature? Thank you in advance, lg John On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:04 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there! > >Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access >to the outlook-web-access feature? > >Thank you in advance, lg John I'll send you to the complete article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html even though you might not need it all for your setup. Tha...

How do I print a 5.5x8.5" booklet in Access?
I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. How do I print it in Access XP? On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:31:01 -0700, Jerry <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. >How do I print it in Access XP? From Bob Howard's post of 6/23/05 8:45 AM I finally decided to use a software product called FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) which acts as a Postscript printer. I give it the appropriate settings to configure the result as a booklet, and it takes care of...

ddd 02-17-06
xxxx ...

Cannot book resources in Outlook Web Access
Hello All, We are using Exchange 2003. Using outlook and following this method http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291616 works fine for outlook and I get notification if a duplicate booking is made, but the same does not work using OWA, the issue is also listed with MS. I have tried using the suggestion solution , but does not seem to be working for me, any other solutions please. Clients are using MAC's and OWA is the only way for them to book resources. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329036 Thanks a lot, Imran. Any help please, I am stuck with this! Than...

Linking more than one access table to a form
Hello. I have a form that we're planning on using, for work orders, for our maintenance crews. On this form, I'm trying to automatically populate about 6 fields w/records that are already in Database(A) - these records aren't intended to be edited, but are used as a reference for our crews (ie: Map #, Manhole #, etc.). I'd like to be able to use a command button to search for the UpStream MH# and then that will automatically populate the other 5 fields, based on the information in Database(A) My form's control source is Database(B) - these are different fields...

Office 2004: Accessing a network share causes Word, Excel and Powerpoint to crash
Just wondering if any other early adopters have come across this bug in Office 2004 for the Mac. So far I have experienced this with Word, Excel and Powerpoint. If you have a network drive mounted that is the same name as the home directory on your local Mac (i.e. your username in both locations e.g. juser on the local Mac and JUSER as the server share name) then Office applications will crash if they try and access the network drive under some circumstances. The circumstances appear to include: * If the default file location is set in Excel to any directory inside the network share Excel w...

One Record at a time Report
I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate investments. Each investment is a separate row of the table. Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each row as a separate report? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ WSR wrote: >I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate >investments. > >Each investment is a separate row of the table. > >Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each >row as a separate report? Well, lots ot things are ...

index not found access 2003
Hi, I have a ".dbf" file I am trying to open. I have access 2003 on all our PC's, fully licensed. Anyway, on two PC's it opens just fine, on the 3rd one it opens in access, but when I go to open the database I get an "index not found" error. It first brings up a "search box as to where to look for the index". What is going on???? Any suggestions? These PC's are all on Windows XP SP2 and have automatic updates loading so I feel they should essentially be the same - but apparently something is different on the one. If anyone has a suggestion it ...

money 03 restore back up
I saved my money data on a floppy and then reinstalled money 03 deluxe. When I try to restore , I get a message that there is a corrupt file on my back up file. I have two years worth of transactions and wished I hadn't trusted the back up to floppy disc feature. In microsoft.public.money, jason lee wrote: >I saved my money data on a floppy and then reinstalled >money 03 deluxe. When I try to restore , I get a message >that there is a corrupt file on my back up file. I have >two years worth of transactions and wished I hadn't >trusted the back up to floppy disc...

Outlook Web Access #48
Hi, How can I copy all my personal data (my OL2003 PST file) in Exchange in order to access it via an Internet or an Intranet connexion under OWA. Thanks "Afbal" <afbal36@yahoo.fr> wrote in news:4287393b$0$28463$79c14f64@nan- newsreader-06.noos.net: > Hi, > > How can I copy all my personal data (my OL2003 PST file) in Exchange in > order to access it via an Internet or an Intranet connexion under OWA. > > Thanks > > > Create an account in OL2003, stating Exchange as the type. Import the .PST data to it. Afbal <afbal36@yahoo.fr> wro...

Forms 06-20-07
Help Guys I have 2 textbox controls on a form The first textbox displays a Transaction Date from a table called sales Now I want the second box to show the Total count of products on that date and before am using the following expression =DCount("[ProductsCode]","Products","[DateIn]"<= "[Date]","Sales" where datein is a field inthe Products table that I want to use as reference for the counting What am I doing wrong and how can I get the total count of the products using the date textbox? I want when I select a date in the Date text...

Access 2007 Sharing Data
In Access 2000 I copied the front and back end files and emailed them to my coworkers all over the US. I enter and control all of the data so it's not a big deal if they mess something up. How would you suggest sharing this data in Access 2007? Thanks for your help "Fly Boy 5" wrote: > In Access 2000 I copied the front and back end files and emailed them to my > coworkers all over the US. I enter and control all of the data so it's not a > big deal if they mess something up. How would you suggest sharing this > data in Access 2007? > > Thank...

Error while accessing Organization Forms
Good day, Recently we have not been able to access our Organization Forms folder. When choosing a form we receive the below msg : "The connection to the microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" When going into ESM to the following location : Start Exchange System Manager. 2. Expand the Organization object. 3. Expand your Administrative Group. 4. Expand Folders. --> We do not see the Public folders. Also, when expanding the exc server, and clicking on Public folders, we see our Org forms. How can I resolve th...

CRM 3.0 Reporting errors, unable to access externally
Installed CRM 3.0 on SQL 2005 SP1 on Windows SBS 2003 SP1, and am unable to get the reporting features to work. When viewing the http://server:5555 and clicking on reports, I get a popup "Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I am able to access the /reports and /reportserver folders. I have done days worth of tinkering, research, reinstalls, and have not been able to get this working. Also when trying to access the site externally, it begins to launch, I login, then the page and launcher close. Any ideas? I appreciate any help. ...

PROBLEM using ACCESS 2007
whenever i start the program a message comes up: Microsoft Office Access can't change the working directory to 'c:\data.' verify that the drive is valid and the path is 260 characters or less in length. Anyone have a clue as to what i can do to solve this problem. Its preventing me from using the program. Maybe these will help although they aren't for 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208683 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891124 -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "JAx&quo...

Re: Access 2003 Runtime Rollout,
From: "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net>Subject: Re: Access 2003 Runtime Rollout, Installing Service pack and Jet versionDate: Friday, March 02, 2007 1:22 AM"Will" <nospam@here.com> wrote:>I am about to rollout an Access 2003 runtime application. I have VSTO 2005>with the Access Developer Extensions. I am going through Allen Brownes >site>and he recommends that all users have the latest service packs and Jet 4.>Can I just download SP1 for Office 2003 and use that for the Access >Runtime?You might be able to "slip stream" th...

Microsoft Office Access can't communicate with the OLE server.
I was previously able to run access no problem. All of a sudden, I am getting the error 'Microsoft Office Access can't communicate with the OLE server.' Now I have found lots of site that mention this error, but haven't actually found one that discusses resolving it!? http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/errors/ErrorNumber_Description2007.html They mention 'To register the OLE server, reinstall it.' but do not tell anyone how one goes about doing it?! Could someone give me a little hand in solving this issue. Thank you so very much, QB I ...

Access Form Field filepath to external picture code
We have an Access Form that in one cell has a picture code: PwrNumb (field name): 123456789 (name of picture) on another part of the form we need to display the file path to the picture. In order to avoid typing mistakes, is there a macro, query, or other command that we can create to automatically type in the file path, when we type in the name of the picture into the textbox of the fieldname (PwrNumb) of 123456789 which is a changing number? PWRNumb 123456789 FilePathName c:\Users\Elleyne\MyDocuments\Pictures\123456789. jpg We hav...

Active X component can't create object (maybe Access 2002 vs 2000 problem?)
I created an application in Access 2000 format using Access 2002. The systems using versions of Access 2000 are experiencing problems. Since the application uses replication, originally an error indicated the Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6 Library was missing. The existing reference library was replaced with the version 2.6. Then the error "Active X component can't create object" occurred. The only difference I can be in the Visual Basic references is that the application shows Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library while the Access 2000 systems show the 9...

Access Data in Excel Cell
I have a customer who has extensive reports build in Excel. Many of the report pull data from other spreadsheets, but ultimates somewhere the data is manually input. My task is to automate the input of the data. Is there a way to enter a formula into a cell that goes off to an Access database and gets either a value from a record/field combination, or that runs some code that generates a value? I know I can do this will code outside of the spreedsheet that will get the data out of Access and write to a cell in the spreadsheet. But I'd like to find a way that the user can continue ...

moving to access 2007
Apart from the needs of my customers how long can I linger on access 2002 ? - I mean programmatically - thnks signfrom@gmail.com wrote: > Apart from the needs of my customers how long can I linger on access > 2002 ? > - I mean programmatically - > > thnks If you mean "when will changes to Windows cause an Access 2002 app to no longer work?" then that will happen at the same time as it does for Access 2007 since they both are Win32 apps that use VBA as their programming langauge. There are reasons to eventually upgrade any software. "Functionally having to&q...

Cannot edit an imported Access table
I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, etc.) Why? Carl, Did you 'link' the data or import it from an Excelfile. What steps did you take.. -- Maurice Ausum "Carl Gross" wrote: > I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I > cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, > etc.) > > Why? I imported it. I tried importing direct from a Paradox table. I also tried exporting the Paradox ta...

Internet access through Blackberry
Hi, We have a small number of blackberry's in use in our company and I was wondering if it is possible to access internet using the companies internet conection rather than the mobile network provider? If so where would be a good place to start reading up on it? Thanks in advance for any responses On 22 Mar 2007 11:19:52 -0700, Mr_Funktastik@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a small number of blackberry's in use in our company and I was >wondering if it is possible to access internet using the companies >internet conection rather than the mobile network provider? I...

Importing Access queries into Excel
I'm trying to import a totals query from Access into Excel. When I do, I get "Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 2(Total)" I only get this error when I use the Sum and GroupBy functions in an Access query. Is it possible to link an Access totals query to an Excel spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Crystal In MS Query (the program Excel used to query external data) the Totals function seems to work slightly different than in Access. I would remove the Totals function in the Access query and add it in MS Query by select...

Project server access issue
I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Standard server, Applied SP2 and all patches, INternet Explorer and >NET 3, 2 etc. After installing the above, I have installed Project Server with SP1 using Basic mode. I have successfully configured. I could able to access Project Web Access using the Internet explorer on the server. How ever When I tried to access from other PC's It redirects me to different website. Example: My server name is rs123 fully qualified domain name is rs123.americas.abccorp.net My Project server address is http://rs123/pwa/default.aspx DESKT...