Viewing field values at the accounts level

I created several customised fields and bulk imported account data - all
looks fine except for one numerical field, which does displays only blanks.
When you double-click on the account, however, you clearly see there is a
non-zero value there.

When I sort by this field, it does the right thing, just that somehow the
field value does not show up under the field name at all when viewing all
accounts.

Any help would be great. Textbooks etc don't seem to cover this sort of
newbie snag! Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

view additional mailboxes offline in outlook
Using Outlook 2003 - We have stup a user to be able to share a mailbox, with another account. When the account is online then the user can see the mailbox and it's contents. When the user is offline they can see the mailbox, but if they click onn it they get an error message saying that the server is unavailable. The shared mailbox is setup for caching. Is there a way to see this mailbox offline? A user needs to be online to see other mailboxes. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...

Select last value
I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am using the COUNT function to designate the bottom value that is not zero, and the CHOOSE function to select the designated value. But, I can't make that work. Help appreciated. try =match(a number larger than possible,your range) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Carl" <c@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eciLEKsvFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am > using the COUNT function to designate the bottom va...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Field Service V2.0
I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question is.... Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate invoicing for field service calls will be included? There is something referred to as Service Scheduling in the latest information that I have seen. "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1102972818.458191.150090@z14...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

right align int fields
I would like to right align integer fields. I would like to do this in a while/for loop in onLoad event, because I have many fields. How can I see in javascript if a field (I do not mean the value of a field) is an integer. Marc ...

IV40100.MAINLOCN
I am trying to determine where the contents of IV40100 (Inventory Control Setup) are determined. I have ocated most of them from the Inventry Control Setup window/form, but cannot locate where the contents of the following fields are set: MAINLOCN (Main Location) DISABLEAVGPERPADJ (Disable Avg Perpetual Valuation Adjustments) DISABLEPERPADJ (Disable Perpetual Valuation Adjustments) Does anyone know from what where these values are set without using Query Analyzer, or are these fields that are not currently being used by Dynamics-GP? The resource descriptions indicate tha...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

Change default view of Activies to Service Activities.
When clicking on any "Activities" tab, CRM shows list of activities of the object, and it's the view: "Open Activity Associated View". Can we customize so that the view "Open Service Activity Associated" will be shown instead? Only show the Service Activities. Hi, Here is something for your interest. Thanks to Michael. http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.word...

Changing Report Fields
What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what happens in the event of: - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report - changing a field – label or properties - removing a field? Any help please? Hi, - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter the report itself to make it visible there. - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you change them on the form. - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus the user cannot enter data for that field (unless som...

Paying Bills
Hello, I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for payment. I can only create one bill for the first account # I do not see how to add a second bill for my second account # Is there a way around this? Thanks Frank Money 2004 Yes. Use different payees like MasterCard {hers} and MasterCard {his}. The braces ant their contents make this work and suppress the contents when, say, printing a check. "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oln2RCfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for paymen...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Cannot view images in Outlook
Hi folks, I am facing a problem relating to attachment. In my company We are using Microsoft Exchange 2000 as a mail server. Up to Yesterday everything was working fine. But Today early morning the server is hanging. I reboot it and after that, it is working. But in mail attachments users cannot view the image files(jpeg,all image formats) in microsoft outlook.(In all versions) But all other attachments except images(for example word) users can open. We are using Symantec Mail security for Exchange 5. I had stopped the services. Even after i was getting the same problem. When I tried to open...

Account maintenance
the budget button is gray out in my account maintenace screen. Any idea how to enable that? ...

Outlook Express Jpeg Attachment Viewing
I have a brand new PC with XP and Outlook express. For the first two days, any jpegs that were received as attachments to an email were viewable with the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" - ie scaled, etc ALl the sudden, they are now shown as pure jpegs - meaning that 3MP pictures now are not viewable on the screen. The only change I made was to install Photoshop. I changed the preferred viewer for JPEGS and GIFS back to the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" in the My Pictures folder, but that does not seem to have impacted how jpegs are viewed in Outlook Express. Is the...

How to Automatically share Accounts and Leads
We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and we'd like to automatically share every Lead and every Account that is created with one or more Teams. The Teams will differ, depending on who owns the Lead or Account. What is the best way to do this? We tried workflow rules, but it doesn't seem like sharing is one of the options when a Lead or an Account is created. Is the only way to do this to use some sort of scripting? Thanks a lot for any suggestions! -Sarah Sarah, The direct answer is yes; the only way to (sans any human intervention) automatically share leads and accounts with the...

Option trades not using "cash" account
I am using the trial version of Money 2006 Premium and am seeing a problem which also occured in Money 2003. When opening or closing an option position in an investment account, the "Transfer to:" field is left blank by default even though a "cash portion" is defined for that account. This is a minor annoyance in that, for each of these transactions, I need to select the appropriate cash account. In some cases, if the "Transfer to:" field is left blank, Money will ask for the cash account name but this does not always happen and the security is bought or...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

different budget categories for single account
We have two budget ID defined on our GP: Budget10 and Budget10 frx. I need to check the budget amount for the account lets say 11-222-333 account. Which categories should I use or is there any way to tell which categories it is using for budget calculation. The account exists in both budget categories. Not quite sure what you are asking. In what window or report are you checking the Budget amount? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Using "Avg" function on calculated field
In a report I have a calculated field as "=Nz([Total],0)/Hrs" which works fine. In the report footer I tried to get the average of the values in this column so I used "=Avg(Nz([Total],0)/Hrs) but when I run it it asks me for the value of "Hrs". Neither "hrs" nor "total" are calculated fields and no error is generated either. The output for the average is just blank. I tried =Avg(Nz([Total],0)/(Nz(Hrs,))) which did not work either. What am I missing? There's a couple of potential issues here. It sounds like Hrs is a field in the table/quer...

associated view columns limited to one entity
CRM4 has a great feature where you can add columns from related entities to a view. Not sure why the associated view was left behind (it is still limited to fields only from the entity the view is for), but it is a disappointment that it does not have this as it is one of the most widely used views. Not sure if there is a significant techincal challange behind this limitation, hopefully this can be addressed in one of the patches or with a workaround. If someone is aware of a way to get to this view configuration it would be much appreciated to hear about it. Thanks, Sergei -------...