view opportunity by business unit

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
Opportunity by Business Unit?

Thanks.
AMCK
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you know the Business Unit you can create a query in Advanced find.

1.  Open Advanced find.
2. Create a new query.
3. Select the Opportunities for the 'Look for'
4. Under the Fields,  select the 'Owner' under Related Fields. This should
add a new group.
5. Under the 'Owner' section select the 'Business Unit' field.
6. Select 'Equals'
7. Specify your Business Unit in the value field.
8. Click Find

"AMCK" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
> opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
> Opportunity by Business Unit?
>
> Thanks.
> AMCK
That worked! Thank you so much!!!!!!

"dtu11" wrote:

> If you know the Business Unit you can create a query in Advanced find.
>
> 1.  Open Advanced find.
> 2. Create a new query.
> 3. Select the Opportunities for the 'Look for'
> 4. Under the Fields,  select the 'Owner' under Related Fields. This should
> add a new group.
> 5. Under the 'Owner' section select the 'Business Unit' field.
> 6. Select 'Equals'
> 7. Specify your Business Unit in the value field.
> 8. Click Find
>
> "AMCK" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
> > opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
> > Opportunity by Business Unit?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > AMCK
There is a field named 'owningbusinessunit'
What is interesting is the field is not searchable by default.  Thats ok, MS
recently came out with a fix that puts a picklist into the attributes so that
you can make them searchable.  All you do is click the dropdown and select
Yes.  However it appears that you cannot save on this attribute.  You could
write a custom report for this and call in the field from the Opportunity
Filtered View.

"AMCK" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
> opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
> Opportunity by Business Unit?
>
> Thanks.
> AMCK
 I came across a comparable issue when I wanted to add a field showing the
owning BU on the Opportunity form. Although the attribute
'owningbusinessunit' exists as it shows up in the attribute list, it does not
appear in the list of addable items when you click "Add field" in
Customization/Opportunity/Form (neither do some other lookup type attributes,
e.g. pricelevelid, originatingleadid and campaignid)
I also noticed that owningbusinessunit is non searchable by default and that
this can be changed but the change cannot be saved. Is this how it supposed
to be ? And if so, why ?

Anyone any ideas ?

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:

> There is a field named 'owningbusinessunit'
> What is interesting is the field is not searchable by default.  Thats ok, MS
> recently came out with a fix that puts a picklist into the attributes so that
> you can make them searchable.  All you do is click the dropdown and select
> Yes.  However it appears that you cannot save on this attribute.  You could
> write a custom report for this and call in the field from the Opportunity
> Filtered View.
>
> "AMCK" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
> > opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
> > Opportunity by Business Unit?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > AMCK
0
nb0512 (7)
5/29/2008 7:52:00 AM
I recently asked microsoft support and i was told this was by design in
version 3.0 because the field is not actually an attribue of Opportunity, but
is nothing more than a look-up field.  Sounds odd.  However, he mentioned to
me on the phone that version 4.0 should have the capability i am looking for
(to sort an open opportunities advanced find view by business unit.)  Here is
some of my email from Microsoft.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today. I have
discussed this issue with resources and conducted research on my own. This
behavior is by design and we currently do not have a work around. We did
discuss the possibility of adding a custom field triggered by an on save
event. This would have to be updated if the case was moved to a separate
business unit. You have mentioned that you would attempt to find a source for
a work around to this issue.

Cheers!

"nb0512" wrote:

>  I came across a comparable issue when I wanted to add a field showing the
> owning BU on the Opportunity form. Although the attribute
> 'owningbusinessunit' exists as it shows up in the attribute list, it does not
> appear in the list of addable items when you click "Add field" in
> Customization/Opportunity/Form (neither do some other lookup type attributes,
> e.g. pricelevelid, originatingleadid and campaignid)
> I also noticed that owningbusinessunit is non searchable by default and that
> this can be changed but the change cannot be saved. Is this how it supposed
> to be ? And if so, why ?
>
> Anyone any ideas ?
>
> "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:
>
> > There is a field named 'owningbusinessunit'
> > What is interesting is the field is not searchable by default.  Thats ok, MS
> > recently came out with a fix that puts a picklist into the attributes so that
> > you can make them searchable.  All you do is click the dropdown and select
> > Yes.  However it appears that you cannot save on this attribute.  You could
> > write a custom report for this and call in the field from the Opportunity
> > Filtered View.
> >
> > "AMCK" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell me how I can create a view or Advanced Find in 3.0 to see an
> > > opportunity by Business Unit? If not, can a report be created to pull an
> > > Opportunity by Business Unit?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > AMCK
Thanks Cyndi; we are migrating to 4.0 next month, so we'll give it a try then

"Cyndi Cheek" wrote:

> I recently asked microsoft support and i was told this was by design in
> version 3.0 because the field is not actually an attribue of Opportunity, but
> is nothing more than a look-up field.  Sounds odd.  However, he mentioned to
> me on the phone that version 4.0 should have the capability i am looking for
> (to sort an open opportunities advanced find view by business unit.)  Here is
> some of my email from Microsoft.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today. I have
> discussed this issue with resources and conducted research on my own. This
> behavior is by design and we currently do not have a work around. We did
> discuss the possibility of adding a custom field triggered by an on save
> event. This would have to be updated if the case was moved to a separate
> business unit. You have mentioned that you would attempt to find a source for
> a work around to this issue.
>
> Cheers!
>
> "nb0512" wrote:
>
> >  I came across a comparable issue when I wanted to add a field showing the
> > owning BU on the Opportunity form. Although the attribute
> > 'owningbusinessunit' exists as it shows up in the attribute list, it does not
> > appear in the list of addable items when you click "Add field" in
> > Customization/Opportunity/Form (neither do some other lookup type attributes,
> > e.g. pricelevelid, originatingleadid and campaignid)
> > I also noticed that owningbusinessunit is non searchable by default and that
> > this can be changed but the change cannot be saved. Is this how it supposed
> > to be ? And if so, why ?
> >
> > Anyone any ideas ?
> >
> > "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:
> >
> > > There is a field named 'owningbusinessunit'
> > > What is interesting is the field is not searchable by default.  Thats ok, MS
> > > recently came out with a fix that puts a picklist into the attributes so that
> > > you can make them searchable.  All you do is click the dropdown and select
> > > Yes.  However it appears that you cannot save on this attribute.  You could
> > > write a custom report for this and call in the field from the Opportunity
> > > Filtered View.

0
nb0512 (7)

IE 7 The web page you are viewing is trying to close yes or no
windows xp sp3 with IE 7 Getting a blank page with the following vb popup The web page you are viewing is trying to close how can i disable this from comming up. What webpage(s) are you viewing when this happens? Is this a sudden, new problem? Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully patched at Windows Update? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on...

divide internal and external mail in Outlook-view
Does anybody know how I can divide my mails in Outlook? I'd like to automaticaly seperate mails coming from inside my company from the external mails I receive. Our exchange server is 5.5, Outlook clients are 2000. Thx a lot! A msg rule, into various folders that you created? <heinz.net@pandora.be> wrote in message news:679901c47577$f91864e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can divide my mails in Outlook? > I'd like to automaticaly seperate mails coming from inside > my company from the external mails I receive. > Our exchange server is 5.5, Outlook cl...

Business Portal Development Without Rational XDE
Hi I have just started looking at Business Portal 3.0 and would like to start making some sample applications. I was wondering if the Business Portal SDK can be installed OR i can start development without using Rational XDE. Also, I have installed Business Portal on framework 2.0 so that i can develop using VS2005 - Now, i am not sure if this is supported, just wanted some expert advice before i dive deep into Business Portal 3.0. Thanks in advance. regards, roof Never mind. I have XDE now. Successfully installed BP SDK. Thanks, Roof Roof wrote: > Hi > I have just started looki...

Service calendar Views?
I'm sure I'm missing a trick here. On the Service calendar the only view I have is all resources. How can I create custom views that allow me to display a selection of resources? I grouped resources into resource groups but have yet to find any use for having things in a resource group! Hi Pat, I am afraid you cannot create custom Service calender views. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Pat Horridge" wrote: > I'm sure I'm missing a trick ...

can view improve performance on big size tables?
Dear friends, I have a10 milion record table informations.I must qury on it frequently. I have two way to implement it 1-keep single table in flat model, with index key on 4 fields and of course big in size and less flexibility 2-Break table to 5 tables and create a view on them with inner join of them. run "select where" statement on it. I think this method is slower what happend in case 2 by using view? what server do for views? create temp table in memory for view and then filter select on it? if yes what happend for big size tables? generaly my question is that, c...

Folder view in explorer with focus in right pane
I recently did something to make the folder view on the left, in Explorer open by default (which I like). However, the focus is always in the folder pane itself, and when I move the scroll wheel, it is the folder pane on the left which starts moving. I would like to use the right pane to scroll up and down with by default. Is there any way to get explorer to open with the focus on the right pane (while still giving me the folder pane by default)? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I recently did something to make the folder view on the left, in > Explorer open by defa...

Tooltps for controls over groupbox in dialog/view.
When I placed controls over groupbox in a dialog/View. (Message TTN_NEEDTEXT handled, overridden OnToolHitTest function). If groupbox id is IDC_STATIC what ever be the tab order tool tips are coming. when I change group box id to other than IDC_STATIC tool tips are coming only if all controls placed over group box have less tab order than that of group box. What is the reason for this behaviour? I have a requirement where group box (id will not be IDC_STATIC) will have background color( fills entire group box area), in this case we need tool tips also. When all controls over group box have ...

Misplaced View and FIle Button on Menu Bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Clueless new Mac user here- when I was changing the toolbar commands in Word (2008) I lost my View and File commands on the menu bar. I have looked at some previous posts - and have tried some of the suggested fixes such as going to the offending toolbar, pressing the control button while right clicking to no avail. Any other suggestions? Many thanks, Bob Control/Right-Clicking a *toolbar* will not Reset the *Menu Bar*, it produces one of 2 contextual menus, one of which contains a Reset Toolbar command. Th...

Business Contact Manager didn't install
I just upgraded to Office Pro 2003 and I believe Business Contact Manager should have been installed. I understand that it will not work in Exchange Environments. I am not connected to an Exchange Server so I expected it to install. Does anyone have any ideas? Did you install it from the second CD if using Professional? Not sure where it is on the SBE CDs. It is not a default installation and must be installed separately, after installing Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to ...

View Updated Chart
Hi, I have a pivot table that drives a performance chart. I have the pivot table worksheet protected by a password. I have a macro that displays the performance chart to a user. However the chart will not correctly update as the pivot table is password protected. is there a way around this? I have tried writing a macro that unprotects the pivot table and refreshes the data, however when run the macro asks the user for the password. Mickey Unprotects the pivottable worksheet??? If yes, then you could have your code supply that password: worksheets("sheet1").unprotect p...

Deleting a unit from a UOM schedule
Is there any way to delete a unit line from a UOM schedule? In other words, someone added a unit of "case" to our "each" schedule, and I need to get rid of it because salespeople can now select that unit (even though we don't have pricing on it) and really screw things up... I at least was able to re-name it to "fubar" ;-) and set the equiv unit to 1 so most of the damage has been contained, but I'd really like to remove all the temptation... There doesn't seem to be anyway within GP to delete these, but seeing that I don't have it in ...

is their a filter for Sage Line 50 v7 for Msoft Small Business Fi.

Sales Stage field on a view
Hi I would like to have the sales stage field on a custom view, so I could see when an opportunity is closed and it has the status of "Out sold" where in the sales stage did that opportunity get to before it was "Out sold". Thanks for your help. Hey Aba: They name of the field you want to expose on your view is called "stepname". This is the text box that shows you the current (and in the case of closed Opportunities, the last) sales stage. You can expose it on the detail form through the system customization interface, modify the name and label to &...

Zoom view Money 2003
My computer runs at a very tight resolution and I need to zoom in to read Money. Other than changing the resolution on the system, is there a way within money for a larger- zoom view? Where do I change my system to use large fonts? "Richard Bollar, MVP" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message news:uMQrtdtUDHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Not really. If you change your system to use large fonts, Money will use > that setting, but my experience is that it messes up some reports. > > -- > Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? > http://main.diabetes.org/site...

how do I view an "xlsheethidden" sheet
Hi I have been given a workbook with a few sheets in it. I need to be able to view the sheets but the book is in a macro and the sheet are xlsheethidden according to VB. Any ideas. Thanks F ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi F If it's a workbook then run this: Sub ShowEm() Dim L As Long For L = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(L).Visible = True Next End Sub But if you by "in a macro" means that it's an add-in file, open the ThisWorkbook ...

Service module views
We're looking into using the CRM service module as a help desk for IT support but the views don't seem to lend themselves to this.... It seems that if you assign a Case to an individual, then in the views for cases there's no way to have a column listing the parent company of the case. This prevents us from sorting or scanning for tickets by parent company. Is there any way to pull this related-table information into a view in the service module? I had considered de- normalizing the data and finding a way to copy the company information into the case record, but this see...

Title of a Column in a datasheet view
I have a form in Access 2003 that I want to display in datasheet view. In this layout, the column titles become the title of the column displaying the control. Is there a way to keep the control name "as is" but display a different title. I tried things such as: Me.txtGiver1.Title = "Monday" Me.txtGiver1.Text = "Monday" None of the properties that I can think of work I can't find it in Help. I can't find in on the Internet. Any help will be appreciated. ...

unable to view or edit signature outlook 2003 error
i have tried all obvious solutions and nothing seems to work. i can create a signature but it will not remain. the only thing that jumps out at me is that i have noticed that there are %APPDATA% folders all over the place. i am not sure what is causing that.... I have searched for a solution and have found some people with the same issue but no solution that will work. Thanks! Where do you see the appdata folders? (signatures are stored in a folder under appdata) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solution...

Folder View
Hi, I work on Outlook 2002 SP-2. If I create a new folder this folder displays the following categories: Importance, Icon, Flag, Attachment, From, Subject, Received. I find it very useful to have the Size displayed as well. So what I do with every new folder I create is adding the Size categorie manually. Is there a way to pre-select the categories displayed when a new folder is created, so that I don't need to manually add it? Thanks a lot in advance Marcus Yes you can; View-> Current View-> Define Views Here select the Messages view and edit it the way you want it. Now whe...

Which reporting (other) database table/view for determining which projects a resource has been made a team member?
Given that I have an the resource uid, I want to know which projects this person is team member on (regardless of whether they are assigned tasks or not). Which database? Which view/table? Which columns? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy: Have you downloaded the SDK which contains the data dictionary for the RDB? -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com <anovak@unt.edu> wrote in message news:4e084587-ea85-4fa1-b349-dea3dbed037d@e27g200...

Custom View for Managers
I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks. Can someone explain how i can do that. If they are using My Tasks and submitting time to the PM's for approval and getting those hours approved and loaded into the schedule and then re-published back out, you could create a data analysis view using the MSP_Portfolio_Analysis Cube that shows the resource actual hours vs. planned hours and/or baseline hours along with any project or resource custom field information. For exampl...

Business Management Error in Outlook CRM
We are receiving the following error after going offline in Outlook CRM: "Business Management Error: “The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.” After receiving this error ALL of Outlook CRM becomes disabled. ...

viewing cells in excel 2000
I emailed a spreadsheet home from work. When I open the spreadsheet, it looks OK bit I can't see all the data unless I reduce the zoom. I tried scrolling to the right but it does not seem to do anything Thanks Ewa (a real novice) Just a wild guess... You may have window|freeze panes set off the screen (different display settings on your pcs could cause this). Try Window|Unfreeze panes. Ewa wrote: > > I emailed a spreadsheet home from work. When I open the spreadsheet, it looks > OK bit I can't see all the data unless I reduce the zoom. I tried scrolling > to the rig...

Tasks in Business Portal
Is there any way to make my Tasks in Business Portal show up in my Tasks in Outlook? We have BP 2.5 with Great Plains 8.0, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Thanks Rory Testa - IT Manager PRO Sports Club Hi Rory, great question. We currently do not integrate our portal tasks with Outlook tasks, but this is an area that we are investigating for a future release. If you (or anyone else reading this) has some specific scenarios you'd like to see end up as a task in Outlook, please post them here and I will collect the feedback for planning purposes. I will continue to watch this th...

General Discussions Subject View
In General Discussions I have a customer who has put the Blogs in a Subject view. However, when people reply using the subject view we can't see their replies. We can see that a reply has been made, but we can't see what the reply is. I have tried editing the View settings but have been unable to make the view so that the subject is showing, and all the treads are showing as well. Any help would be much appreciated! How do you "see" that reply has been made? First step would be to check the permissions for those individuals or groups who are unable to s...