View Customization Question

My director came to me the other day and asked about customizing his view of
his accounts.  He had two requests.  I figured out the first one, but I'm
having a little trouble figuring out if he can do the second one.

When he opens up a single account, instead of it opening automatically to
the Information section, he would like it to automatically open to the
Contacts section.

Help is much appreciated!

Cammie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can make a new tab pn Account form (contact view and make it the
first one on account form).
Now you use Iframe . you can get idea from here
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2006/06/showing-associated-activities-in.html.

------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/
0
whatelseto (435)

Custom charts
Hi, I am making a custom chart and hits the problem mentioned in the article from Peltier: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html It says: "Another problem with a custom chart type, or any chart with customized formatting. If a chart element with custom formatting is removed from the chart, then added again, the custom formatting is lost, and the element takes on the default formatting for that element in the default chart." Is there a smart way to solve this problem? Could the best thing to do be some VBA-coding and to keep track on the change-event from ...

Cannot Customize the New CRM Demo
Hi, Why can't I find the Settings button in the new CRM VPC Demo (August 2007)?? How can we demo CRM without being able to Customize the application?? Am I missing something?? Check whether your user role has got permission to do the customizations. this comment is only valid if you have created a user role and you are using it. if you are using the default administrator user role then this comment is definitely not valid. But then again pls check whether some has revoked the permission from this role. Thanks, Charith. "MD" wrote: > Hi, > > Why can't I f...

Error with published customizations
Recently we added some new customizations that should have been associated with both the accountbase and leadbase tables. The customizations were added via the schema manager and were published without a problem. The fields are available for use in forms and were added also with out a problem. At this time, the customizations were published and everyting looked like it was going to work. IIS was restared and the app was started. When we went to bring up an existing account, an error occured. After investigating, we determined that the actual accountbaase and leadbase tables did NOT inc...

Getting custom entity information
Here's one I am struggling with today I created a custom entity related to the account entity - I want to pull some of the data from the custom entity into custom fields in the account entity using an OnLoad event - but my custom entity doesn't appear as a lookup in the account entity, it's just a related record in the sidebar - so I am stuck as to how I can reference this entiry and then get the data I need from it All suggestions gratefully received ...

How do I get custom margins & style always by default?
I have no use for any of the established Word Styles. I always use the same & just want my own selected style and my own custom margins to be set in place when I begin each letter. Bob You can't delete the built-in styles, but you should set up a template with the appropriate formatting for your letter. For the basics of template creation, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. Since you are referring to letter templates, maybe you'll find this article helpful too: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. -- Stefan Bl...

Default Page Format set to custom, can't change.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel About six months ago I created a custom page setup in Word (4x7 inch). Now excel is always opening new documents in this custom format. I've gone into page setup and changed it, then saved it... nothing. I've checked the settings in the printer dialog under system preferences... all fine. <br><br>Any ideas how to get this back to opening in the standard letter size? Is your installation of Office fully updated? 12.2.3 is the current level & I seem to recall an issue several revisions ago wh...

Newbie question: Getting checked builds of Windows XP
Where does one get checked builds of Windows XP? I'd like to install just the checked OS and HAL (per this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547196.aspx), but there's no mention of where the checked versions of those files come from. It seems like this might be something one could get with an MSDN subscription, but after nosing around msdn.microsoft.com, I couldn't find a definitive answer; the MSDN download list for Windows XP (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx) shows checked builds for only a couple of e...

Hyperlinks in Master view don't work for all slides 2007
I added a shape in my slide master Title and Content master slide and then I added a hyperlink to the shape to go to previous I had two slides in my presentation using this slide layout of Title and content, slides 2 and 7 however, only the hyperlink on slide 7 worked, the one on slide 2 did nothing, I didn't even get a pointer finger mouse cursor by it. Suggestions? thats not making sense to me. are you sure nothing has got on top of the hyperlink box - a transparent box or text box - something that would stop the hyperlink from working.. -- Emma Bannister P...

Message "custom dictionary is not available"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open Word I consistently get a message &quot;The custom dictionary 'custom dictionary' is not available.&quot; I go to Word>preferences>spelling and grammar>dictionaries, and click the checkbox for custom dictionary, and again I get the same message as above. I don't know how this happened. It's not a big problem, but I wish it would go away or fix itself. Of course that's not going to happen so here I am at this forum. Appreciate the help. RVS On 2010-02-06 14:42:36 -050...

TOUCHSCREEN CUSTOM KEYBOARD
i can see the keyboard in pos but not in manager. i like to make some changes to the custom keyboard. can anyone help me fix this problem. thanks manoj sharma Hello JAY, You can't use the touchscrreen keyboard in Manager, only POS. * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment(s). If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://...

percentage question
how do I work out percentages in excel 2003? I have the price �134.00 in cell A1 and the price �157.00 in cell A2 what do I type in cell A3 that will tell me the increase as a percentage Thanks =(A2-A1)/A1 Format as percentage ============================================================= About percentages in Excel Niek Otten, July 26 2006 In Excel, percentages are stored as fractions; 15% is stored as 0.15, 100% as 1. That makes it easy to calculate with; just multiply a number with a percentage and you get what you need. No need to divide/multiply by 100. In f...

Basic (perhaps) Question
I work for a Chamber of Commerce, and am trying to create a spreadsheet that will allow me to track prepaid expenses for some of our functions. For example, a company might send us $100, and every event that they attend (some are only a few dollars) will come off of the total. What I envisioned was the ability to enter two different numbers (amount used/remaining balance) within a single cell divided by a diagonal border. I don't need it to calculate, but I will need the ability to sort the data by company name as more checks come in to make the names easy to find. Is it possible...

Question for Suzanne Barnhill
I recently read an answer to a question where you indicated getting page numbers on Odd pages only, and sequentially, can be done with{({Page}+1)/2}. I tried it in a newly created file and it worked like a charm. A group at my company has a training guide template, and they would be interested in employing this, but, in there template, when I edit the field, as you suggested, the page number disappears. Even with nothing else in the footer I have tried various combintions of Different Odd/Even, Section Breaks, etc, and nothing else in the footer. Can you think of anything I mi...

Boot device question
I replaced my internal hard drive in my computer and everything is fine there. My problem is when I backed up my data from old hard drive I messed up when backing up my saved email. Now I want to retrieve this information from the old hard drive so I bought an external case and put old drive in it. Now I can plug it into the USB port on my old computer and access it. I thought I would be able to boot my old computer from the USB port but it only allows me to boot from A\, C\, or the D\ (CD Drive). Not the USB port. On a newer computer I would have been able to boot from the USB p...

how can I post to GL from custom form ?
Hello there is there any guide, or example of a posting from a custom form ? I needs ot have a cusotme form to take some data from another DB or customer tables and then save it in some journal then post it .... ? anybody done that before / or is it a plain crazy idea ? You may want to look at eOne Solutions' version of Extender (Enterprise Edition). It allows one to create forms easily and tie them in to various transactions in Great Plains. They provide a number of sample application that will give you an idea of the functionality and how to build it. http://www.eonesoluti...

Two Formatting Questions
I haven't seen these answered in earlier posts. Would appreciate any suggestions: 1) I am adding a date in the "right align" box in a custom header. The format defaults to 2/20/2006. I would like to format it as 2-Feb-2006. I can't find a way to do this. The box now contains &[Date]. Do I put something else in there to trigger the right formatting? 2) I have draw a rectangular box around a portion of a spreadsheet that has contents in the cells. I would like the box to be yellow fill and with a shadow. I am using the draw commands to try and "push" the b...

SelectSingleNode question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D0E5.4D4014F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am somewhat new to extracting data from an XML document in .Net. My document looks like this: <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8"?> <RMA-Standard> <IncomeData> <NetSales>64000000</NetSales> <COGS>80.0</COGS> <ProfitBeforeTax>6.0</ProfitBeforeTax> </IncomeData> </RMA-Standard> I tried to do the followin...

View HTLM function not working
When I try to view the HTML source code in an HTML email I wrote, right click the text, select "view source" but nothing happpens. An suggestions out there?? Thanks, Ji ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Custom Lookup Fields
On my Contact Form I added the Parental Customer lookup field. I also want to have a lookup field for Secondary Customer. As contacts can be associated to more than one Account in our system. Is this possible? I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Are there any workarounds for this situation? Kate, Unfortunately, you can't have more than one lookup field pointing to the same entity on a CRM form. Mitch ...

MAX sale price per customer from pivot?
Dear All this is a tricky one, well at least for me I have to determine out of three vehicle dealers who sold each particular model vehicle for the highest value and then have put into 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each model. This needs to be done on a number of vehicle models and registration years etc I was thinking of using a pivot table, showing the model on the left, then the customer, then the Max sale price in the data but how can I take this information so that a user can select a model and it shows whose 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed at selling for the highest value Needs to be extract by...

add existing activity to custom entity?
Hello all, Is it possible to add the 'add existing activity' to my custom entities like it is in the case entity? Regards Ian On 23 Mai, 11:26, "Ian Watson" <rang...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to add the 'add existing activity' to my custom entities like > it is in the case entity? > > Regards > > Ian Hello Ian You could create a relationship (n:1; activities -> custom entity) attribute. Regards, Thomas thanks for the quick reply thomas, but there is already a 1:n for task and custom... i dont th...

NewsGroup Question
If I ask a question and someone answers it how is it possible to ask a followup question or to answer a question of their's? Thanks, Scott On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:19:50 -0500, "Scott Tosti" <stosti@hotmail.com> wrote: >If I ask a question and someone answers it how is it possible to ask a >followup question or to answer a question of their's? > >Thanks, >Scott > Just click the reply button. The reply will be done "in group". All being well, the reply will be picked up by the original responder but remember the group is global so pay heed ...

Auto Calculate Question / HELP!
When I click on the fill handle to drag the data down the cells fill with data grabbed veritcally, for example: When I drag the fill handle down the formulas look like: =D21 =D22 =D23 =D24 =D25 But is there a way for Excel to be adjusted so that they attach the information laterally instead of veritcally? For example, I want to drag the auto fill DOWN but want the cells to read: =D21 =E21 =F21 =G21 =H21 Thank you! Try this... Assume you enter the first formula in cell A1 =INDEX(D$21:H$21,ROWS(A$1:A1)) Drag down as needed. Adjust for the correct end of range ...

CRM 4.0 Mobile Questions
Hello Everyone, When I am viewing the Mobile CRM Page from Either My Phone OR my Desktop, certain things will not be displayed. For Example: If I am at the home screen, and I click on: Quotes > 'Name of Quote' > Quote Products Certain Product's Name will be displayed and others will not. I believe it has something to do with either the characters in the products name and/or the length of the product name. The lines are still an active hyperlink, and I can click on them to be directed to the particular product. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you -Max ...

Report showing what invoices a customer cheque pays.
I would love a report that I can use to show a customer how I applied a cheque to their account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=379e906e-32d7-4e4a-baf7-f3d...