V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities

Hello

We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list
but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not.

Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there
is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ?

All info gratefully received

Thanks...Phil
0
Kedward (1)
2/11/2008 10:30:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That should help:
http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html

Cheers
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge
> list
> but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not.
>
> Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether
> there
> is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ?
>
> All info gratefully received
>
> Thanks...Phil

Check the blog for the section "Configuring mail merge support for entities."
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/03/14/mail-merge-and-more.aspx

"Phil Kedward" wrote:

> Hello
>
> We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list
> but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not.
>
> Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there
> is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ?
>
> All info gratefully received
>
> Thanks...Phil
0
Shashi (18)

Creating A Customer Database In Excel
I am trying to create a customer database using Excel. Under the first tab I would like to be able to enter a search criteria into a box. It should search in the any of the fields being maintained. It will then present a list of possible options from the search. The user will select the entry and have a box on the first tab populated with data from the data tab. Sort of a poor man's CRM. For this use, it could also be a rolodex type of function, but I want to maintain about 50 fields of data. Is there a template out there that would do something like this? If I am not clear, plea...

How to get to my e-mail acct., check own mail?
Just signed up with Micrssoft S&T 2003 Edition and had to get a Net. Passport e-mail address! Need to get to that E-MAIL account and verify so I can start using my 2003 Edition. I was told on signing up to do this "next". And how in the future to check my e-mails (what site to enter, example: Yahoo/mail.com)? Go to www.hotmail.com and sign in with your net passport. You should have set up the Hotmail acct. first, but you can probably do it now. Just use the same info. You might have to go back and redo the activation for MS S&T (?) "minnesota deer hunter" wro...

Importing mail from another computer
I have a small home network of a desktop PC and a laptop. I use MS Otlook on both. Is it possible to import my Inbox (or any other folder) from on to the other? Peter Peter B, you wrote on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:04:51 +0100: > I have a small home network of a desktop PC and a laptop. I use MS Otlook > on both. Is it possible to import my Inbox (or any other folder) from on to > the other? Simply copy the pst-file (in this file the most Outlook datas �X Mails, Contacts, Calendar etc �X are stored) from one computer to the other and open the file in Outlook via File | Ope...

mail merge #8
using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get "to use this feature, you must install the microsoft word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Office Outlook" I have word 2003 installed??? What is your Office version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dmoore asked: | using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get | "to use this fe...

Can not open mail folders
Hi I had a win xp crash, possibly due to power failure. I have repaired xp from the original disk. Now when I try to go into Outlook 2003 I get the below error and then it closes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards = Error Message ======= This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You mus...

Send e-mail as public folders
Hi all I setup e-mail adres on public folders eg abc@xyz.com. Is it possible to send e-mails from public folder e-mails' or befalt of public folder If yes could you write me solutions? Have a nice day, Michal yes...if you mail-enable the folder, you can grant "send as" permissions to it... "Michal Ch" <chmiel@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:O7Z#z6yTEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all > I setup e-mail adres on public folders eg abc@xyz.com. > Is it possible to send e-mails from public folder e-mails' or befalt of > public folder >...

How do I put a smile in my e-mails?
laws <laws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> No need to ask more than once. You were answered in your original thread 30 minutes before you asked again. -- Brian Tillman ...

Restricting sending mails outside domain
O/S: XP I am working remotely and use Internet Email. Till recently I was using Outlook Express. Due to the limitation of functionality, calendar, to do etc., I switched to Outlook (v2002). After migrating, all mails sent outside my company domain, i.e. xyz@company.com, they all bounce back. Even mails to hotmail also undelivered. Interestingly, I am receiving all mail fine. Could someone help. Regards ...

Sent mail not appearing in imap sent items folder ?
I am using windows live mail to handle my email for a number of accounts. In one account I'm connecting to an imap server. I can read the email for that account, and send emails from that account, but I do not see the sent mail items in the Sent Items Folder. If I reset the folder list I get an Inbox folder, with Draft, Sent items and Trash sub folders. Other imap accounts work fine, and the sent mails appear in the Sent Items folder for that account. This shows that the option to save sent mail in the Sent Items folders is working ok ? Any ideas ? Thanks Tony Which IMAP...

Installation of Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router
Hi, I am attempting to install the E-mail Router, and I am on the "Specify Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Server" page. When I click Configure then Add I am prompted for the Microsoft CRM Server Name and the Microsoft CRM Web site URL. I am unsure what to type into the Web site URL box, as the URL was not specified as a step during the Microsoft CRM Installation. Does anybody know where to locate or specify the URL? Michael Took me a little playing with this to figure it out. If you accepted the default installation, just use the server name. For instance, if your serve...

User cannot send outgoing mail.
I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server 2003. When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does not exist". Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this switch. This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find nothing anywhere about this issue. Thanks. Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an external address? "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

special promotion discount to a customer via a catalog or email
I would like to give a special promotion discount to a customer via a catalog or email. The customer gets the catalog and it says 50% off coupon. The customer can only use the promotional discount one time on specific items .. The specific items will be defined by category. If the customer call in again to use the same promo code it should not be available to them. ...

mail delivery problems #2
Hi, Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what seems like no apparent reason we are having problems. The setup is exchange 2003. The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing sitting between the servers other than routers. Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these em...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

Exchange 2003 Mail Wizard is not working -- Please Help!!
When I go through the wizard I get an error "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server then if I deselect send internet email I get "The SMTP virtual server 'Default SMTP virtual server' on the selected server does not have the binding of all unassigned/port 25 What does this mean Will You cant run Internet Mail Wizard twice. If you do that you olways get erorr "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server" You must delete Internet Mail Connector and ReRun Internet Mail Wizard I think this help y...

MONEY2005: What happened to custom currences??
Hi all, Just install Money SBE05. In SBE04 I had custom currencies because it was not listed. Everything worked fine. When I upgraded to 05 the custom currency got lost and all my transaction amounts have been converted to the base currency. Is there a workaround?? Thanks, Ivan You will find that there is a much bigger list of currencies as standard. Have a look in Tools > Settings > Program Settings. You might find your custom currencies are already in there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Customization question: how to put up a single button onto toolbar which converts to "Symbol" font?
I'm running Excel X on my Mac with Panther (OS X). I'm a scientist and often need to convert some characters to the Symbol font. In Microsoft Word, I was able to use the Customize feature to put a button onto the toolbar which converts the selection to be of Symbolic font. In Excel, I can't seem to do it. When I do "customize" and hit the "command" tab, I can choose Font, which says "In the Font box, select a font name" but when I click it, it doesn't let me type a font name nor gives me a list of the fonts (unlike Word, which does). It looks like...

outlook 2003 earthlink e-mail
When setting up the outlook 2003 account via earthlink, the test message would not send. All settings, POP3, SMTP were correct and tested so. Any ideas? Thank you, jdarden56 Did you get an error message? Does the outgoing mail server require authentication at Earthlink? If so, have you configured Outlook that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "jdarden56" <jdarden56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F8845BF-0429-41EB-8174-C4A9E54BB1E3@microsoft.com... &g...

How do I get my e-mail accounts to open on home, office computers
I have tried to get my office computer and my home computer where they can access all of my e-mail acct.'s. No luck... called server repeatedly and can not get my office computer to receive messages... majority go to my home. Is there anyway of doing this without paying for an additional service? I'm restricted to one company for service at this time... sschmitz <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to get my office computer and my home computer where > they can access all of my e-mail acct.'s. No luck... called server > repeatedly and c...

Pivot Table Custom Calculations
Hi All - Pivot Table newb here...i have a pivot table that is formatted something like this: .......................... ITEMS SOLD REGION....AREA.....APPLES......ORANGES.....GRAPES...TOTAL Canada....East..........10.............20.............15.........45 ...............West.........15.............17.............19.........51 Total Canada............25.............37.............34.........96 Europe.....England.......5.............15.............20.........40 ................Italy..........10.............10............10.........30 Total Europe..............15.............25.............30...

Junk Mail Clean-up
I use Symantec Premium Anti-Spam package alongside Exchange 2003. The end result of Symantec's product is to dump spam into the Junk E-Mail" folder. I would like to be able to run an autoamted proceudres that would kill any messages in the Junk E-Mail folder older than, say, 7 days old. And, here's the catch, I want to do this on the server side for all mailboxes housed on that Exchange server. I think that a recipient policy may be one avenue, but do not see "Junk E-Mail" as one of the folders under 'setting'. While I can manually add it, I do not k...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

security at the mail gateway
How to prevent such emails that appear to have originated from someone within the company, when actually it was sent by an Internet spoofer at the Internet mail gateway? NB: this is not mail relaying, because it is sending email to internal staffs. Could anyone give some advice and point me to some resources, so that I can set up some form of checking at the Internet mail gateway? Thanks... <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to prevent such emails that appear to have originated >from someone within the company, when actually it was >sent by an Internet...

RMS should provide a quick printout of an item or a customer
It would be great to be able to quickly print the complete record of an individual Item or Customer. When browsing a list of records or when viewing the properties of a record, there could be a button labeled 'Print Record'. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...