Using Service - Setting up autoreply with case number

We’ve been using CRM 1.2 Sales Professional.  We want to use the CRM Customer
Service product (actually Suite Professional) now but our service mgr is hung
up on one requirement.  Currently, when a customer sends a request or
question to support@ourcompany.com, they get a standard template email BUT it
has a ticket number in the subject line.

I’ve been told that we must have this functionality with CRM.  I’ve also
been told that this is a complex customization that would not be easy.

This seems like very basic, common functionality.  Is this really a complex
customization?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please clarify what you would like to happen, exactly

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've been using CRM 1.2 Sales Professional.  We want to use the CRM
> Customer
> Service product (actually Suite Professional) now but our service mgr is
> hung
> up on one requirement.  Currently, when a customer sends a request or
> question to support@ourcompany.com, they get a standard template email BUT
> it
> has a ticket number in the subject line.
>
> I've been told that we must have this functionality with CRM.  I've also
> been told that this is a complex customization that would not be easy.
>
> This seems like very basic, common functionality.  Is this really a
> complex
> customization?

0
Peter
5/6/2005 10:03:35 AM
When a customer sends our support group an email, the customer should receive
an automated response with standard support information as well as a CRM case
or ticket number.  CRM Service needs to be able to assign this case number
based only on an email sent to an internal support alias account
(support@ourcompany.com)  The email from the customer may not have the
normally required information but that shouldn't stop the system from
registering the inquiry.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Please clarify what you would like to happen, exactly
>
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We've been using CRM 1.2 Sales Professional.  We want to use the CRM
> > Customer
> > Service product (actually Suite Professional) now but our service mgr is
> > hung
> > up on one requirement.  Currently, when a customer sends a request or
> > question to support@ourcompany.com, they get a standard template email BUT
> > it
> > has a ticket number in the subject line.
> >
> > I've been told that we must have this functionality with CRM.  I've also
> > been told that this is a complex customization that would not be easy.
> >
> > This seems like very basic, common functionality.  Is this really a
> > complex
> > customization?

You can get this functionality right now from c360's excellent EmailToCase
add-in

It does exactly what you want plus more - see www.c360.com

You can download a trial  - 15 days I think

Peter Lynch

> When a customer sends our support group an email, the customer should
> receive
> an automated response with standard support information as well as a CRM
> case
> or ticket number.  CRM Service needs to be able to assign this case number
> based only on an email sent to an internal support alias account
> (support@ourcompany.com)  The email from the customer may not have the
> normally required information but that shouldn't stop the system from
> registering the inquiry.
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> Please clarify what you would like to happen, exactly
>>
>> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We've been using CRM 1.2 Sales Professional.  We want to use the CRM
>> > Customer
>> > Service product (actually Suite Professional) now but our service mgr
>> > is
>> > hung
>> > up on one requirement.  Currently, when a customer sends a request or
>> > question to support@ourcompany.com, they get a standard template email
>> > BUT
>> > it
>> > has a ticket number in the subject line.
>> >
>> > I've been told that we must have this functionality with CRM.  I've
>> > also
>> > been told that this is a complex customization that would not be easy.
>> >
>> > This seems like very basic, common functionality.  Is this really a
>> > complex
>> > customization?

0
Peter
5/6/2005 2:27:30 PM
Will this feature be added into CRM 2.0? We will also be needing that.

Shauna

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> You can get this functionality right now from c360's excellent EmailToCase
> add-in
>
> It does exactly what you want plus more - see www.c360.com
>
> You can download a trial  - 15 days I think
>
> Peter Lynch
>

> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When a customer sends our support group an email, the customer should
> > receive
> > an automated response with standard support information as well as a CRM
> > case
> > or ticket number.  CRM Service needs to be able to assign this case number
> > based only on an email sent to an internal support alias account
> > (support@ourcompany.com)  The email from the customer may not have the
> > normally required information but that shouldn't stop the system from
> > registering the inquiry.
> >
> > "Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> >> Please clarify what you would like to happen, exactly
> >>
> >> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

No, not as far as I know...

"Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will this feature be added into CRM 2.0? We will also be needing that.
>
> Shauna
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> You can get this functionality right now from c360's excellent
>> EmailToCase
>> add-in
>>
>> It does exactly what you want plus more - see www.c360.com
>>
>> You can download a trial  - 15 days I think
>>
>> Peter Lynch
>>

>> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When a customer sends our support group an email, the customer should
>> > receive
>> > an automated response with standard support information as well as a
>> > CRM
>> > case
>> > or ticket number.  CRM Service needs to be able to assign this case
>> > number
>> > based only on an email sent to an internal support alias account
>> > (support@ourcompany.com)  The email from the customer may not have the
>> > normally required information but that shouldn't stop the system from
>> > registering the inquiry.

0
Peter

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

adding a zero in front of number
how do you add a zero in front of other numbers, I am using item numbers and most start with zero, just shows whole numbers when I enter. example 095421 when I enter shows 95421. help. Hi When the number must remain numeric data, then format the cell as Custom "00000" (the number of 0's determines to which length is the entry padded). When you want the number to be converted to string, then use the formula (in my example the original number resides in cell A1) =TEXT(A1,"00000") (again, the number of 0's in format string determines the length of padding) Arvi ...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

How to use a DLL!?
Hi all, according with your experince: 1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is there something i've to check!? 2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread, any problems doing so!? Thanks you all!! Ale ...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches
Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches REPLICA WATCHES: http://www.precisionreplicas.com We offer you a World of Luxury at very affordable prices and you can rest easy about your satisfaction of quality and service. Now, with just a few simple steps, you can own something that will make you feel and look great! You can go to that business meeting, sales conference, or cocktail party wearing a beautiful watch and be sure to catch people's attention. The way you act, dress and present yourself will always be looked upon by others. By choosing from our selec...

How to count the maximum number of consecutives?
I need to determine the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers in a column. The column contains formulas that evaluate to a positive number, a negative number, zero or "" (blank). I cannot add an additional column. The following are the results of formulas in cells A1:A11 that need a formula in A12 that evaluates to 3, the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers counting cells A2, A6 and A7. 1 -2 "" "" "" -6 -7 8 -9 "" -11 You're sure you can't us an extra column somewhere?? Even a hidden on...

change default collate setting
Is there a way to make the default collate setting in Microsoft Excel set to not collate? Currently, our users have to uncheck that box every time they print. TIA XL2K3 ...

use both office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same computer? "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C60503B-E5C0-49D7-BD15-3F176AE7E12D@microsoft.com... > can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same > computer? Yes and No. Outlook No! Only one version can be installed. Rest of the suites yes, one issue with Word which is corrected by using a registry key. It is all explained here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us especially the Word fix which is about half way down. 20...

Use values from a form as criteria in a DSum
Hello All, I have a report in which the end user selects a single person or multiple people from a form and then I store their selection(s) in a temp table (ttmp_Prn_Isu). I have a report that uses this temp table as its datasource so that I can sort and group it properly. All the fields are populated via DSum function because the final report resembles a crosstab report that may contain rows with no data and yet the rows still need to be seen. My difficulty is in referencing the personID stored in the temp table ([ttmp_Prn_Isu].[IsuNm]) as criteria in my DSum function. I also have...

Case Workflow E-mail to Primary Contact
We work with "Accounts" and "Contacts". Each "Account" has a primary contact and a number of other contacts associated to it. A Case is created whenever a Contact calls us with a problem. Using a Case E-mail Template and Workflow we send out an E-mail when the case is created. The E-mail goes to our internal Users and the Contact providing details of the case. What I would like to do is have the Primary Contact of the Contacts Account (Company) also receive a copy of the E-Mail but appear limited by the available Workflow E-mail recipients. All suggrestions...

How to add a column to an existing table and fill it (i.e., fill down) with a particular word / number
Hello - I have a basic question. How do I add a new column to an existing table, and place a word in it so that it repeats all the way down the column? Thanks. Hi Mike What is the point of doing this. If you have a million records you will have a million repetitions of the same text string. If you "really" don't want to add the word as and when needed (very simple in a query report or form) you could use an update querry (if the word may change) or just add a default to the table field which will allow overwritting But again there seems to be no point in this -- Wayn...

adding number in next cell
Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales amount in the next cell. Is this possible? Of course it's possible! If you would like a suggested formula: =SUM($A$1:A1) Now, if this doesn't work for you, how would I know that, with all the information that you gave us? -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -----------------------------...

sort number with fractions
How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2 3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help! If you have these values in column T from T1 down then enter formula =VALUE(LEFT(T1,IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("/",T1)),LEN(T1),SEARCH("/",T1)-1))) in U1, select range T1:U10 and sort selection by column U (choose no header)! Regards, Stefi „surveyer” ezt írta: > How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2 > 3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help! ...

Using MicroFramework to build my own GPS device?
But what I really need to learn at the moment is how the devices like TomTom and Garmen function? I don't have one obviously so is there a hardware forum for Microsoft devs? Do they run using batteries? Which protocol is used if they can communicate with the vehicle when these things appear to be dash mounted with a suction cup? "Hillbilly" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:ujibLyEbKHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > But what I really need to learn at the moment is how the devices like > TomTom and Garmen function? I don't have one obviously so ...

Using single button to run multiple query
I want to use single button on the form to run multiple queries. How it can be done? Where should I write queries and code? One way to do this would be to create your queries, then use the command button to run code that calls each query. Another approach would be to create all your queries, then create a macro that runs all your queries, and call that macro using code behind a command button. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Gajanan&qu...