Using Navision and CRM

We are using SQL for our database. Both Apps are on two different servers,
with their respective Databases. We had to make modifications in our BizTalk
app, and in the bargain broke communication for about a week.
My question is, since I know the maps (45 in total) between Navision to CRM,
could we simply do a data transfer from on database to the other, (Navision
SQL database to the CRM SQL database.

Your views and feed back are very much appreciated.

Len
--
Thanks for any help
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Using multiple smtp servers for different locations on Outlook 2000
I have a number of employees that use laptops and need different outgoing smtp servers. Usually one for home and one for the office. Is there a way to have both and choose between the two instead of retyping the server info every morning and night when they take the computer home. Why not have them always use a single SMTP server, presuming it supports authenticated relay? That way, they never have to change anything, if they set up Outlook to authenticate to that SMTP server. Joe W wrote: > I have a number of employees that use laptops and need > different outgoing smtp servers. ...

Using iterations to calculate circular references.
I am working with data that requires using circular references in some calculations. I checked the "iterations" box to allow for these calculations to work, and Ecxel seems to be calculating everything correctly. The problem is that after I close the workbook, when I later reopen it to continue working, all the cells that are a part of the circular reference display the #VALUE! error. I can fix this by deleting one cell that is part of the loop and then undoing that command, or by copying the formula from a cell, deleting it, and pasting it back into the same cell. I have to d...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Between using Sumproduct
Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in sumproduct or another function that will look at the same column and return the sum of a different column? If the value is greater than May 1,2007 but less than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum of the matching rows in column B. I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but, when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails. Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction. -- Lee Coleman =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2...

Creating a template using Publisher

Is anybody using Symantec Enterprise Vault?
Hi, A vendor has recommended this solution to us, I have looked at the datasheet for the product and it speaks the right language but I was wondering if anybody on here uses it in a live environment and what their opinion of it is. Cheers Sean ...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

question about using the correct schema namespace
I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it over http to an aspx page. The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself based on the xml data. This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace url as shown below. Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace? Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/200...

How do I tell if Frontpage was used to design a website?
The developers of my website are long gone and I know nothing about what they did. I think it was deisgned in Frontpage, bit am not sure. Once I know that I would like to "convert" it to something that would allow me make changes to the site easily...maybe a visual website designer..is there such a thing? To see if your website is designed in FrontPage a Link to your website will help us. CoffeeCup.com Say:: Visual Site Designer is a WYSIWYG Website creator and editor that helps you make WebPages with no experience or HTML knowledge. Just drag and drop images or ...

How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO
I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO. Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that? Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library. Thank you is advance, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email.. xp_sendmail ...

can't use video/audio setup
I uninstalled WLM9.0 and re-installed WLM 8.5 (version 8.5.1302.1018). Now I can't use the video/audio setup. It returned "we are unable to run video/audio setup for the time being". My machine runs on Windows XP SP2 Please help The WLM could not run the audio chat after reinstallation. Anyone can help? "Walter_C" wrote: > I uninstalled WLM9.0 and re-installed WLM 8.5 (version 8.5.1302.1018). Now I > can't use the video/audio setup. It returned "we are unable to run > video/audio setup for the time being". > > ...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

using backslash ( \ ) inside Parameter
Hi I am trying to use backslash as a part of a parameter at stored procedure. And I am getting syntax error. For instance, to execute like this.. EXEC spSetupPermissions CORP\ABC, Sale with parameter I have set up like this.. CREATE PROC [dbo].[spSetupPermissions] @USERNAME varchar(50), @DEPARTMENT varchar(12) AS IF @DEPARTMENT = 'Sale' BEGIN EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addlogin @loginame= @USERNAME EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', @USERNAME END ......etc... I should I go about doing this? I would appreciate if anyone would give...

Using backup as import
Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? No but you should be able to restore it. "perple" <perple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0832C8E2-B5EB-4197-954E-03E64F66E32E@microsoft.com... > Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? ...

Stop use of Distribution List
Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list? Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your question with the same amount of detail....YES. Add more detail and we can give you a better answer. "brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CB3EB2F-F428-46AD-A41E-A1495B8CF4CD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution > list? On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

using dates Part 2

Installing Outlook 2003 using Custom Wizard
I am installing Outlook 2003 using the custom installation wizard. This was working fine for some time. Now, someone in my group must have modified the settings because when I install Office using this MST file the local Outlook Contacts are not showing in the GAL. When I go to the properties and try to add it the check box for "Show this folder as an email address book" is greyed out. I have to go in and manually add the Outlook Address book. Can anyone tell me what setting I can change in my Outlook custom install settings for the MST to make this available by default? ...