using groups

Is there a way to group clients into a group and be able to assign tasks to
the gourp?

0
News
8/19/2005 9:34:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Not without developing custom code using the SDK.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:34:28 -0500, "News Reader" <nospam@email.com> wrote:

Is there a way to group clients into a group and be able to assign tasks to
the gourp?

0
Matt
8/23/2005 2:50:05 AM
There is not an ACT-like feature where each user can group contacts
into any group they like.

The best way to simulate this feature is to add a custom field (or
fields) to the contact.  You can either do a picklist (to allow users
to assign each contact to one group), or a textbox (which gives users
more freedom to name their groups, but has the standard problems with
spelling consistency), or boolean (bit/checkbox) fields (one for each
group).

You can then either use Advanced Find to find all contacts that have
the same group, or create Views for each (or some) of the groups.
Then, you can view all contacts in a group, and do things like Actions
| Apply Rule to apply manual workflow rules that can, for example,
create a task for the group. HTH,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, (Visionary Audit
System Tools for Microsoft CRM), that tracks all changes made to the
Adventure Works Cycle database, visit http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm

0
Dave

dependant lists using dynamic data
Hello All, I have seen this question asked a number of times, but none of the suggested solutions fit my needs. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have a Worksheet that contains data that is exported from another application. The data has the following format: COL 1 COL 2 ---------- ---------- A 1 A 2 A 3 A 4 B 5 B 6 B 7 C 8 C 9 C 10 C 11 On another worksheet, I need to use data validation to force users to select t...

Outlook XP/ No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail
I'm using a program called mapimail to create a new email and attach a file automatically. It works on every computer buy mine. I'm running Windows XP and Outlook XP. The error I get is : No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail icon in the Control Panel. But I have a profile. What could be the problem? Thanks ...

Exchange Distribution Group Usable externally.
I've created a distribution list with domain and external user in it. It works fine if a domain user uses the group...the message gets sent to everyone. If an external user send to the distribution group, only the domain users get the message. Is there a way to set up the group so that when an external user sends to the distro group, everyone in the group gets the message? Thanks, Scott ugh...this works, turns out I just have a brain lapse... ...

Using "Like" Operator in "Select Case" Statement
I want to use a "like" operator in a Select Case statement; I am sure that there is some way to do something like this. Here is what I have to do: Select Case ClassOfContact Case "Bob's client", "Mary's client", "Our clients". . . . . ...... Case "Vendors" ...... End Select Obviously, it would be safer and faster to use something like a Like operator, such as "Like "*client*", but Access 2007 rejects the Like operator. Is there a way to do that? Is this a limitation of Select Case? ...

formula help
I am working on a spreadsheet and need help developiung a formula (my excel knolwedge is very basic).... In y2, I want a formula that subtracts w2 from x2 but if x2 is > w2 I want y2 to reflect the number in w2. Can anyone help me with that? I will be eternally grateful! I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!! THE FORMULA I ARRIVED AT IS =IF(X2>W2, W2,SUM(W2,-X2)) DOES THIS SEEM CORRECT? I USED CSE WHEN I ENTERED THE FORMULA You sure that's what you want? You will always get a zero or negative number in Y2 if X2<=W2 =IF(X2>W2,W2,X2-W2) Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Group Policy SBS 2003
Hi All, I'm trying to setup group policies, which I can do and apply ok. However we have two terminal servers on a SBS 2003 domain, when normal LAN users logon onto the terminals I want to be able to apply a GPO but the GPO should only apply if they log onto the terminal server i.e. I don't want the policy to apply when they log onto their workstation. This is what I have done so far in setting up my GPO and testing : 1. I have created an OU and assigned a GPO with both User and Computer configuration. 2. If I Place a user in the OU the GPO applies when the user next logs...

Importing from Outlook to CRM using a custom Contact form in Outlook
The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? I would post a question on the Scribe support forum <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120136692.551538.88360@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook > into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook > contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? > ...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

taking email from body, using as reply-to automatically?
I get emails from a form on a website, this is how they appear in outlook 2003: http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1194/untitledwe0.jpg How do I use the included email in the message body as the reply-to address automatically? Thanks. See my response to your post in another group. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "lrbtav" <lrbtav@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1181853613.397275.151420@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >...

Using Xsl to group by unique values

Problem with query using linked tables
I have the following problem: I have a select query which uses two tables linked to SQL Server via ODBC. When I run it for the first time, I get the SQL Server login prompt (which is normal, since I didn't persist the login information when I linked the tables). The problem comes when I browse the results. Access randomly shows the login prompt again. One of the fields within the query is calculated via a vba function, and if I cancel the login, I get a vba error. If I debug the error, the code window shows the vba function I was talking about, and the execution is stopped in a lin...

"Refresh" problems with using Outlook COM interface
We've been running into the following bug. We have a program that uses the Outlook and the CDO COM interfaces. It does most things through the Outlook interface, but it does a few things through the CDO interface, and it maintains both the Outlook NameSpace and the CDO Session connections open continuously. But, I believe most of the operations in the scenario below are done through the Outlook interface. Scenario: 1. Program logs in to Outlook using Profile A. 2. Program creates a TaskItem. User B (a person, not a program) has access to this TaskItem through his own profile, Profile ...

How to use Terry Kreft's API functions
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm API: Copy variables/control contents to memory Hi, I've copied the code to standard module. Unsure of what functions are available. Also, do I always have to open the clipboard then close it? Please give examples of how to use or where I can find a list of all functions. Thanks. > Please give examples of how to use or where I can find a list of all > functions. Thanks. The lsit of fuctiosn is in the text you linked to. just take a quick skim of the function ames. The example code is for grabbing, or place a value into the clip...

I want use accounting software in INDIA so pls help me for use
Hello Sir, I want use microsoft accounting software in india so pls help me for use in india. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aacd64ad-85b7-4906-8088-149b0963567b&dg=microso...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

PC won't hibernate when Outlook open says Word in use
Hi, Recently Outlook 2002 has stopped Laptop from hibernating. Dialog box says network resources active, specifically Word, these have to be stopped , and then hibernation can continue. 1. Laptop is standalone. 2. Word is not running, but is present on the Laptop. 3. Closing Outlook solves the problem. Any ideas why this is happening? Cheers Rob PS. Word is NOT the e-mail editor anymore, use the HTML option. Have you verified that indeed the winword.exe process is not running on the Processes tab in Task Manager? (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) Which version of Windows are yo...

Trying to use the INDIRECT funtion with a relative Row reference
I have a worksheet where I have rows of information. Each row is made up of several columns of information. I am constantly updating the information by inserting cells and moving the old cell to the right. I am trying to use the INDIRECT function to reference the "G" column but I need the row number to be relative because I sort the worksheet based on the information I get back. INDIRECT works great until I sort then it is still refering to the row where the information WAS at. . .not where it is NOW. I hope this makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated. Tha...

Using CountIf to get values between two values
Can CountIf be used to get values between two values? All the examples use criteria like ">30","<20", etc. How would you count values between 10 and 100, say? I tried a few guesses at syntax but none of them worked. Thanks tom Use SUMPRODUCT: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A999>=10)*(A1:A999<100),B1:B999) HTH -- AP "THOMAS CONLON" <someone@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de news: f1Icg.7932$Ar6.6993@trnddc02... > Can CountIf be used to get values between two values? All the examples > use criteria like ">30","<20&qu...

Cannot replace imageres.dll (win\system32), File in Use?
Trying to change the "imageres.dll" file to remove a stupid theme this computer came with. I've modified the file using ResHacker using all the proper image resolutions (and the images I want, the regular vista ones), but it will not let me overwrite the file. It seems to have nothing to do with permissions (they are all enabled properly), but I get the error as "Can not overwrite this file because it is in use by another program". What else can I do to try and replace it? -- KBeck Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "KBeck" <KBe...

Calculate an age from a birthdate using a specific date in time
I have a table containing student birthdates (yyyymmdd). This information was collected Spring 2007. I need to calculate the age of the student at that time. Could you please help me create a calculated field for this table that displays the age. Thanks. Karen, Take a look at http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000011#age it should be what you are looking for. -- Hope that helps, Daniel Pineault "karen k-12" <karen k-12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD6B2D8D-D521-4D2A-846F-D17F31DA2B20@microsoft.com... >I h...

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

Inserting Signature When Using Outlook Templates
Outlook 2002 - I have created a number of email templates (*.oft) and placed them on a network drive for general office use. End users have created a menu bar and added new commands (Category File/Command Mail Message) and used the hyperlink feature to use their choice of templates. The problem is that their signature does not appear at the bottom even though it is a new email (note if they turn off the MS Word to edit feature their signature does appear but this is not a favorable option for them). > Any suggestions as to how they can use the template, keep MS Word to edit and ...

When to use ThreadPool
Hi! Here is some text from e-learning. What does it mean when the text says "don't require scheduling of your thread's execution" ? *ThreadPool class is best suited for use when your threads are performing short tasks or when you don't require scheduling of your thread's execution.* //Tony Forget this question //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet news:%23z5nXh58KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Here is some text from e-learning. What does it mean when the text says...

Sharepoint 2007
Hello, Been searching for 3 hours and getting no where - some what of a newbe.. What am I trying to do ? On Sharepoint 2007 Wish to access Excel files stored on a file server using UNC paths - simple or so I thought... have set up trusted file location eg file:\\fileserver1\files type UNC trust children =Yes Then I go to a PC - access the web site - edit Excel web component go to browse a workbook location type file:\\fileserver1\files in the URL press the arrow icon "Cannot find this location in the current site collection" When I try the "...

Query Groups
Is there a way for users to find out who are in the query groups? User can send a message to query group with delivery receipt. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "HenryG" <HenryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1098E4B9-7310-45A7-9FEA-9AA1C2B7DA24@microsoft.com... > Is there a way for users to find out who are in the query groups? Unfortunately there is no way to see group membership for QBDL, because when e-mail is sent to it, exchange is going to go to GC (global catal...