Using conditions in WF Sales Processes

I'm creating a workflow process that I am trying to implement in MSCRM. The
problem is that within each Stage, I have activities that should be
dependent on the completion of the previous activity.

The easiest way to solve this is to go beyond the 5 step Sales Process and
create a new Stage for each successive activity.  However, in the Sales
Process tab this is quite unsightly.
I've tried using a normal manual WF as a subprocess to the Sales Process WF.
This works, but it gives me 2 problems:
1. The WF Subprocess does not appear in the Opportunity Sales Process Tab.
The customer wants to see these activities.
2. I have have severval successive activities that need to be linked.

Can I, or has anyone had success, with creating activities in a Sales
Process that are dependent on the previous activity?

Carroll Little
carroll.little@visalign.com

0
Carroll
1/12/2004 7:32:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Carroll,

Have you implemented a wait condition  so that you select 'completed' in the
activity condition?

Jerry

iBizInitiatives.com

"Carroll Little" <carroll.little@visalign.com> wrote in message
> I'm creating a workflow process that I am trying to implement in MSCRM.
The
> problem is that within each Stage, I have activities that should be
> dependent on the completion of the previous activity.
>
> The easiest way to solve this is to go beyond the 5 step Sales Process and
> create a new Stage for each successive activity.  However, in the Sales
> Process tab this is quite unsightly.
> I've tried using a normal manual WF as a subprocess to the Sales Process
WF.
> This works, but it gives me 2 problems:
> 1. The WF Subprocess does not appear in the Opportunity Sales Process Tab.
> The customer wants to see these activities.
> 2. I have have severval successive activities that need to be linked.
>
> Can I, or has anyone had success, with creating activities in a Sales
> Process that are dependent on the previous activity?
>
> Carroll Little
> carroll.little@visalign.com

0
Jerry

What GL Account does the Adjust Cost Process affect?
We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to the Inventory account but on the Credit side the Account is blank. What account should it be used for the Credit side? FYI: We don't have (use) Inventory Offset account. Thank for your help. It's using precisely the one you are not using: Inventory Offset. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ThongD" wrote: > We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to > the Inventor...

Using Buttons
I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than having to enter a value) that when clicked on would equal one (1) and have a default of zero. Hi put something like the following code behind the button: with activesheet.range("A1") .value=-(.value)+1 end with this toggles between 0 and 1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DaveSunsation" <DaveSunsation@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5EB7E1F8-0D31-42F3-AF6D-F74FC927779F@microsoft.com... > I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than havin...

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

Processes Requiring Lengthy Amounts of Time
Hello: I have several clients with above average databases (sizes greater than 15 GB and up to about 40 GB). When they need to run checklinks, reconciles, and/or year end close processes, it takes forever. Depending on which process, it could take 15 to 30 each to process. That is really tough when you have a business that cannot afford that type of downtime. Now, both of the companies that I am thinking of have hardware that is well within recommended specs based on the MBS hardware recommendations. The memory does not spike to an extreme, nor does activity with the CPUs, but har...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Sales --> Transaction Entry Auto serial strange attitude
Dear All I am using GP 10 SP2 I am using screen Sales --> Transaction Entry When I type a serial in the document, number let us say “CAI00001” “CAI00002” “CAI00003” Then if I closed the document and then I opened it again I found that the default serial is “CAI00004” which I don’t want that 1 - So I am asking why is that happening ? 2 - How can I stop that? 3 – is there is a way to tell the system not to put these default numbers and I will let the user add them by his own. Please advise me what to do I am really in a big trouble. Thank you Go to Sales Order Processing Setup Options a...

Create Process
if i call fork() / CreateProcess what is/are duplicated? i know that data space is duplicated for sure how about code space? the code space can be shared to save space.... but the new process may need to do rebasing... so...does the code space also shared? thx Action wrote: >if i call fork() / CreateProcess >what is/are duplicated? >i know that data space is duplicated for sure >how about code space? >the code space can be shared to save space.... >but the new process may need to do rebasing... >so...does the code space also shared? There is no fork in Windows. Creat...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

How to use CxImage?
Hi I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone who have used this class and can you help me about using it? Thanks On Jul 3, 7:12 am, ibrahim <ibra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ > so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone > who have used this class and can you help me about using it? > Thanks Its all here: http://www.codeproj...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

conditional sum returns not expected
Hi all. Using xl xp pro Here is conditional sum formula =SUM(IF(FAR_All_Data!$B$2:$B$1622=C$2,IF(FAR_All_Data!$B$2:$B$1622=C$3,IF(FAR_All_Data!$A$2:$A$1622=$A5,FAR_All_Data!$D$2:$D$1622,0),0),0)) Sorry about the wrapping. Where C$2 = 7001.4500 Where C$3 = 7001.4501 Where $A5 = 54608001 Where Far_All_Data! contains data, all ref's verified However, all formulas return 0.00. As I copy down the formula Col (54608001) udates ...002, 003, 004, etc... Sometimes the expected result is 0.00 other times value should b greater than 0 Not sure how to read the formula. Does it say if, or, and? ...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

how to search in excel with condition
First I must say that your site is great and it helps me a lot. Can you explaine to me how to do search in Excel ? explenation: I have 2 sheets on the same excel file. I need to search one column in the 2nd sheet and if i found the data I look for then I need excel to put this data in the first sheet on the same raw when the data is equel to. example: 1. on sheet 1 I have names of people. 2. on sheet 2 I have a cloumn that contains some of the names from sheet 1. 3. I need excel take each raw in sheet 1 and search sheet 2 for the same name. 4. if it found the same name in sheet 2 then...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

Using CMFCToolBar and CMFCMenuBar?
After initial frustrations indicated by recent messages, I am now getting on with these classes relatively cordially. The user of my program can add or remove buttons to/from the CMFCToolBar(s), and menu items to/from the CMFCMenuBar - all beautifully customisable. The program knows about the available commands and they can be added to any toolbar or menu. And new custom tool bars can be added by the user. It's all fiendishly clever. However: my questions (today) are as follows: 1. The MFC Customise dialogue, from which one can drag commands to toolbars and menus,...

Daily Sales
I've been doing so reports on Sales out of the RMS database and was noticing some minor variances between my reports and canned sales reports. I've tracked this back to a particular transaction. It appears normal in the transaction and transaction entry file, but there is no entry for this transaction # in the tender entry file. So, my question is how do I complete and entry in the transaction file w/o having an entry in the tender file. thnx in advance ...

Security tasks necessary to post from Sales >Receivables Batch scr
I created a new role and assigned task trx-sales-022, enter/edit receipts batches. Description of task says it doesn't include posting. When I click on post on the Receivables Batch screen I get message that I don't have security to the window that is trying to open. I assume it is one of the posting journals. What tasks do I have to assign to the new role so that I can post receivables batches? This could be a really tricky question to answer depending on whether you wish to use the default tasks that are set up, or if you need to modify to make your security more specific...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Conditional Format #14
That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula! Thank you. Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to mak rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days clos to due yellow, YES -- Jimmytec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jimmytech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1447 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26087 RE: =AND(E2="Y") You o...

Using Outlook over a Network
Hi, I would like to know what software I need to allow multiple users to access one MS Outlook Calendar. The computers currently have Outlook 2000 and I would like the users to be able to edit one central calendar simultaneously, directly in the calendar (ie. not requiring users to send emails etc.) What sofware beyond Outlook 2000 do I need and is there any info on how this is done? Thanks Adrian Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Plea...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...