Users cannot run reports

Users started getting this error when trying to run reports:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
Online Help
Query execution failed for data set 'SGC_MSCRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
Get Online Help
SELECT permission denied on object 'Contact', database 'SGC_MSCRM', owner
'dbo'.

No changes have been made to CRM. Tried rebooting server but it did not fix
the issue. Any ideas on how to fix this and get reports working again?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Steve,

Looks like it's a custom or modified report that directly accesses database
table Contact. By default CRM users do not have access to underlying tables
and instead report designer should have used filteredcontact view in the
report query. The reason is simple: filtered views honours roles and
permissions settings while tables don't.

Hope this helps.
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"Steve Bambauer" <SteveBambauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Users started getting this error when trying to run reports:
>
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
> Online Help
> Query execution failed for data set 'SGC_MSCRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
> Get Online Help
> SELECT permission denied on object 'Contact', database 'SGC_MSCRM', owner
> 'dbo'.
>

> No changes have been made to CRM. Tried rebooting server but it did not
> fix
> the issue. Any ideas on how to fix this and get reports working again?

0
George
10/16/2007 12:17:12 AM
Thanks for the reply George. But before I saw your response, suspecting that
it was a permissions problem from the error message, I went into SQL and
looked at the permissions on the filtered contact table. I noticed that the
reportinggroup did not have select permission. I added this permission and
the report started working. Is this the proper way to resolve this issue? Is
there documentation as to what the permissions should be set to on the sql
filtered views?

Thanks for any help on this.

"George Doubinski" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Looks like it's a custom or modified report that directly accesses database
> table Contact. By default CRM users do not have access to underlying tables
> and instead report designer should have used filteredcontact view in the
> report query. The reason is simple: filtered views honours roles and
> permissions settings while tables don't.
>
> Hope this helps.
> --
> George Doubinski
> CRM Certified Professional - Developer
>

> "Steve Bambauer" <SteveBambauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Users started getting this error when trying to run reports:
> >
> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
> > Online Help
> > Query execution failed for data set 'SGC_MSCRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
> > Get Online Help
> > SELECT permission denied on object 'Contact', database 'SGC_MSCRM', owner
> > 'dbo'.
> >

> > No changes have been made to CRM. Tried rebooting server but it did not
> > fix
> > the issue. Any ideas on how to fix this and get reports working again?

Hi Steve,

out of the box reporting group should have select permissions on all
FilteredXXX views. Make sure that you've altered permissions on
FilteredContact view and not on Contact view because the latter would be a
mistake. If FilteredContact did not have appropriate permissions, it means
that CRM did not install properly or someone removed the permissions. In
which case manual fix is fine. If that's the case I'd go through all
FilteredXXX views and make sure that reporting group has select permissions.

Thanks
--

> Thanks for the reply George. But before I saw your response, suspecting
> that
> it was a permissions problem from the error message, I went into SQL and
> looked at the permissions on the filtered contact table. I noticed that
> the
> reportinggroup did not have select permission. I added this permission and
> the report started working. Is this the proper way to resolve this issue?
> Is
> there documentation as to what the permissions should be set to on the sql
> filtered views?
>
> Thanks for any help on this.
>

> "George Doubinski" wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Looks like it's a custom or modified report that directly accesses
>> database
>> table Contact. By default CRM users do not have access to underlying
>> tables
>> and instead report designer should have used filteredcontact view in the
>> report query. The reason is simple: filtered views honours roles and
>> permissions settings while tables don't.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> --
>> George Doubinski
>> CRM Certified Professional - Developer
>>

>> "Steve Bambauer" <SteveBambauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Users started getting this error when trying to run reports:
>> >
>> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
>> > Get
>> > Online Help
>> > Query execution failed for data set 'SGC_MSCRM'.
>> > (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
>> > Get Online Help
>> > SELECT permission denied on object 'Contact', database 'SGC_MSCRM',
>> > owner
>> > 'dbo'.
>> >

>> > No changes have been made to CRM. Tried rebooting server but it did not
>> > fix
>> > the issue. Any ideas on how to fix this and get reports working again?

0
George

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

Is it possible to log the user's IP address or computer name?
We have Exchange 5.5 here and some users know other's email password. Is there anyway to log the machine IP address since under the property store you can only see the last logon with the user. Can't tell anything if multiple users sign on simultaneously? Lisa ...

run ShellExecute but from a console application
I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like "system" is not appropriate). Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance Sam NULL handle is allowed. "Sam" <sam@rentai.com> wrote in message news:uFHRnQMeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that > it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like > "system" is not appropriate). > > Can someone adv...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

HTML report in vb.net
How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or ReportViewer? Hello, > How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or > ReportViewer? Pretty vague. If the problem is to create html markup you could try the HtmlTextWriter class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmltextwriter(VS.80).aspx to see if it's easier for you. Also most Reporting Packages (including RS, note sure about Crystal but very likely) are able to render a report as HTML markup so you could perhaps still use them. Not sure what is your scena...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...