Users and Their Roles

Hello, I am configuring Microsoft CRM for the first time
in a small organization.  I have run into a situation
where users have many functions and may not fall under the
roles specified in the list of roles to assign the new
user.  My question is where can I find a detailed
description as to what these roles are.  I have been
unable to find any such documentation.

		Thank You,
			Dale Renaud
			Systems Administrator

0
Dale
11/17/2003 5:05:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dale,

There is some info on the "canned" roles in the Implementation Guide.  That
said, MS also recommends that you do NOT modify these roles.  The
recommendation is that you create your own roles as needed and set the
rights appropriately.

"Dale Renaud" <drenaud@retrofit.com> wrote in message
Hello, I am configuring Microsoft CRM for the first time
in a small organization.  I have run into a situation
where users have many functions and may not fall under the
roles specified in the list of roles to assign the new
user.  My question is where can I find a detailed
description as to what these roles are.  I have been
unable to find any such documentation.

Thank You,
Dale Renaud
Systems Administrator

0
Matt
11/17/2003 5:26:40 PM
The approach we've used is this:

1. Via a test environment, setup a new role with minimum
access and test your user access requirement/scenarios

2. Fine tune your new role(s) setup and migrate from Test
to Production;  You can use the default Roles setup to
help you in fine tuning the new Role(s).

3. Continue to fine tune your new roles(s) in Production
environment or in Test env. if the changes are many...

Note: BESURE to create a new role, highly recommended NOT
TO modify out-of-the box roles.

To get the proper Roles that best suit your organization
will take time and it will also evolve.  With a test and
production environment, you will have an excellent way to
do manage this.  There isn't much in the Implementation
Guide to make this any easier.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm  >> Other Microsoft SCRM
Online Forum Resources

0
Frank

Automatic forwarding to another user account based on some logic
Is it possible to forward emails to DIFFERENT email accounts automatically based upon the user alias on the subject line. The rule wizard allows forwarding emails to predefined email address, but is there anything can be done to forward email to user account on the subject line? Such as a custom action or a script etc? Thanks for any help provided! ...

user parameter
Hi. I want to create a query that will alow a user to search only one drug or more drugs depending on user's needs. For instance, a user can see activity for only asprin or he can see activity for asprin and zantac. select drug, username, date from drugactivity where drug = @drug or drug = @drug or drug = @drug or drug = @drug; Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks in advance. Misty -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200710/1 It all starts with the data ... Please provide more specific information about what the u...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

User Account Control on Terminal Server 2008
I have a 2008R2 x64 Terminal Server and I need to allow users to run a .exe file. I keep getting the UAC warning and it wants a username and password. It is complaining about the publisher being unknown. This works for the admin account but I need it to work for normal users on this terminal server. I have raised the “Privilege Level” and changed the “Compatibility mode” and I have lowered UAC but I am not able to get by this. There was an old KB article but that was pulled so no luck there and I do not want to turn off UAC. Is a way to get this to work? "Noob&q...

Launch user's default mail application
Hi, Does anybody know how to launch user's default email application (outlook or Eudora, etc.. ). Thanks for any help, CT Try ShellExecute( NULL, TEXT("open"), TEXT("mailto:"), NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Chi Tang" <chikuotang@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGaq2RKqDHA.2964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anybody know how to launch user's default email application (outlook or > Eudora, etc.. ). Thanks for any help, > > CT > > C...

deleted user issue
I have several usermailboxes that when a meeting request is sent the sender get back an undeliverable to the old mailbox. Have checked the delgate option at the server and the client both are empty. any ideas out there ? Have you looked at the alternate recipient property of the user? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "SMTIT" <smtit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CB25CFF-914B-44AE-83B8-9C66C9D3CA5B@microsoft.com... >I have several usermailboxes that when a meeting request is sent the sender &...

user does not have access to the Items lookup window in Mfg
Hello: I’m ready to chalk this one up to simply a corrupt user ID and recreate it. A user who has security access to just about every window in GP 9.0 service pack 3 (including Manufacturing) does not display any inventory items in the “Items” lookup window when he clicks the magnifying glass for Item Number in either the Routings window or the Item Engineering window. He is able to lookup items in Item Maintenance and elsewhere in GP but not in Manufacturing. For the heck of it, I created a new user ID. That new ID is indeed able to see the items in this lookup window (in Manufactur...

Customize User Form 03-21-05
I'm using v1.2 and would like to customize the User form to add the EmployeeId field. Is this possible? Users are not an available Record Type to manage under the System Customization area. Does anyone know how I could add this field to the form? Thanks in advance. Hello! I am having the same problem as yours. Have been stuck up with this issue since the past many days. any help would be appreciated. Thanks In advance, Regards, Swati Scott wrote: > I'm using v1.2 and would like to customize the User form to add the > EmployeeId field. Is this possible? Users are not an avai...

multiple pages for multiple users
Before creating the workbook. I want to set up a workbook with multiple worksheets. I want each of the worksheets to have its own password to allow the assigned user to only access to that sheet. I still want in place a passcode for me to protect what I want to protect. Does this make any sence? Can it be done like in the scenario? Or is it too complex? It is going to be one workbook -- 19 worksheets (two hidden, one view only and 16 individual users? Any other suggestions will be appreciated? fourskunks Excel isn't made for this kind of security. If the data is not supposed to...

Settings Tab is not showing up for Administrator Role
Hi there, A little confused with CRM 3.0 Logging in with my account (I have all roles associated to my account) I cannot see the SETTINGS tab. I then logged out and relogged in as administrator account and removed a couple of roles (Scheduler role). I then logged back in as my account and I could see the Settings tab. However, coming in to work and accessing CRM again I could not see the Settings tab.... is this a bug or something to do with security permissions? Any help appreciated. Matt ...

You cannot display this record while another user is editing it.
I had deleted a cash reciepts batch. I went to repost the batch, and when I tried to post to customer invoice's invoice's were gone. They had already been processed by pymnt00000036780. When I try to pull up this record, it get the above error message. If you look in customer inquiry to see record it looks like open invoice, pymnt000000036780 is there, but when you look at that, it tells you that record does not exsist. Did not post through to GL and does not exist anylonger( because it was deleted) How to I delete this payment record so I can post the payment and post a batc...

Community Group user of Ms CRM
Hi We have a client who wishes to implement MS CRM. They have asked us to find a reference site who is a community, or not-for-profit group who has at least started an implementation. If nyou are such an orgnaisation, or have worked with one, and are willing to be such a reference site, please contact me via the newsgroup or on gillwalker@ozemail.com.au Thanks Gill ...

"User must change password at next logon" not working in OWA
Hello. I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment and when we create a new AD account and check the option for "User must change password at next logon", users that access their account initally via OWA cannot log in. They do cannot log in. The standard OWA error is displayed: You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again. If the change password on first login is disabled, users can login in without any issues. The strange thing is that the Change Password function through OWA works, because afte...

Need to open a public calendar (Office Calendar
I have searched and searched newsgroups but there is nothing about this. I am trying to setup a user to see our company's public calendar. This is NOT a calender found by opening someone's shared calendar via finding the person in the global address book. We have an Exchange server 2003 and I think this calendar was created there not in Outlook? I have this calendar in my Outlook folder under "Other Calendars" I already right clicked it and gave the new user rights to see it and edit it, but how do I add it to her Outlook? This calendar is NOT my calendar that I created. ...

Predefined relationship roles
Predefined relationship roles are included in the SBE. They should also be included in the Professional edition. -- Bill ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cb...

Excel should let user change Find default to 'By Columns'.
But it doesn't. At least, Excel 2002 doesn't. (For those involved in the numerous posts on this issue, what I mean by "change the default" is change it permanently, so that it survives into the next Excel session.) If Microsoft is reading this, I wish you guyz would implement this capability, say in Tools / Options. Or at least give us a Registry tweak. It is a fundamental mis-implementation of Excel not to permit this. You are treating Excel as if it were a word processor. Only in a word processor would searches most often be line-by-line. It stands to reason that bec...

cannot reassign record to other user
Dear all, 5 person leave our company. I want to disable their user but before that i need to reassign their records first. The first attempt works fine. But the next 3 account raise error message everytime i run reassign records. So there are only 2 account from 5 account which can run reassign record successfully. Do you know what it might be wrong? PS. Here are the pop up error message: "An error has occured. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsot Dynamics CRM Adminis...

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Admin role deleted from logged in user.
Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we can't get back in to mange roles. Has anyone resolved this before? Help appreciated? thanx resolved. "joem@cogentec.com" <joem@cogentec.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A433FEC4-3922-4E2F-9FD5-3C7A483452B5@microsoft.com... > Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. > > Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we > can't get back in to mange ro...

Users Disabled on the Server/Application
This may seem like a stupid question, but... Is there an easy way to completely remove a User from the records? For example, an employee left the company. I reassigned all Account, Contact, Leads and Opps. However, he's still on thousands of records as "sharing". Is there a way to arbitrarily remove him from all sharing records? Thanks! There's no supported way to do this. You will need to dig into the database and delete. I do know that there have been posts in the past around this. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Skulow" wrote: &...

group of 10 users getting the same email over and over again
Running exchange 2003, not sure of service pack version, looking but not finding anywhere. Server 2003 has service pack 1. Exchange as well as all my users are running norton corp edition 10.0 The users are running Outlook Xp or Outlook 2003. Company emails come directly to the exchange box, no pop3 connector is used. A old employee sent 10 people an email with pictures attached to it and now these 10 people are getting the email over and over again. I look is the message tracker and exchange only sees the original email coming in once. I look in the logs though and and I see the email g...

User Locout Issue
I have a really strang occuurance that has been happening ever since we migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Users will log onto the network without an issue. When they attempt to log onto outlook they will get locked out even wghen they are putting the proper password. Any idea what could cause this unusal behavior and what I can do to get to the bottom of it. Are they entering the wrong password? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message ...

How to forward/ copy e-mails send from one user to the other
Hi, For monitoring purposes I want e-mails that a user sends to have a copy or forward also to another user. Do you know a way to do this. I have Exchange 2000. Thanks, Charris Alternate Recipient in properties of account, which you want to monitor. Charris wrote: > Hi, > > For monitoring purposes I want e-mails that a user sends to have a copy or > forward also to another user. Do you know a way to do this. > I have Exchange 2000. > > Thanks, > > Charris ...

Publisher 2003 files can't be opened by Publisher 2000 users
Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files they can't be opened by associates who are using Publisher 2000. What might be the problem? Does it happen every time? I've had it happen to me occasionally but I've found a little perseverance seems to do the trick. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hobnail" <hobnail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267B71A6-55FD-4C7E-97DA-A37FBC9F75FA@microsoft.com... > Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files > they can't be ...

Email automatically redirected when user logs off??
Brand new install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server RC2. At first we thought all mail for @client-domain-name.com was being directed to a particular user - Peter, but have since seen that when a user logs out of the domain all new email gets directed to the user that has just logged out gets directed to Peter? Have I missed something here - it's like Peter's mail box is the "stray mail" account and when ever users log off the domain their emails get automatically directed to Peter. Please provide more details, like mail client and it's settigns etc. Craig Mi...