User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM

Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router
will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In
other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my
organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that
message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of
helpdesk@mydomain.com
--
Chris Meredith
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to
support our employees.

Darrell

"Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange
> Router
> will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In
> other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in
> my
> organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have
> that
> message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of
> helpdesk@mydomain.com
> --
> Chris Meredith

0
Darrell

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

Accessing win 2k8 member server
Hi sbs 2003 standard. We have a 2k8 member server in the domain. Is there a way to allow users to connect to the win2k8 server via rww without making them member of domain admin group? At present if a user is not admin he/she does not get the option to connect to this server in rww. Thanks Regards Hi John: What is the intent of connecting to the Server 2008? One way wouldl be to add the Remote Desktop Services role (aka Terminal Services) to that server. But perhaps if we knew more we could be of more help. - Larry Please post the resolution to your issu...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Slow Response time after server move to AD
I've recently moved my Windows 2003 Server running GP 8.0 from a stand alone server on a Novell network to a member server in Active Directory. The response time from client computers has slowed drastically. It also ocurred when the clients were part of Active Directory and the sevrer was still a stand alone (workgroup). Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be slowing the response time of GP, primarily on customer screens. Thanks! Ben DeGennaro ...

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Excel user enter a store # to query Access data base
I have a file when the user enter a store # 13315 and hit a update button the marco will go to access data base to query this store and bring back data. we found out if there was more than 5 users from 5 different location the error will cause the spread sheet do not return data. How can I write a message to pop up warn the user if more than 5 user query the data base they have to wait for a minute before they try to update thank you liem pho ...

About CRM Installation
I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 on the same machine or problems may occur -- Best regards Jacques Hamalian senior CRM developer No problem, but CRM as a server which not good to install VS on it. "Jacques" wrote: > I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 > on the same machine or problems may occur > -- > Best regards > Jacques Hamalian > senior CRM developer ...

CRM Internal email lost
Hello I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing delivered outside our domain. Has anybody got a clue on why this is happening or how I can get the mails to be delivered to the Domain users? BR Claudio Any luck on this we are having the same problem. Thank you! "Claudio S" wrote: > Hello > I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not > delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing > delivered outsid...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

Small Business Server License
My Windows 2003 Small Business Server (run with virtual PC) will not start because the demo license has expired. I was advised by Microsoft to change the date on my computer, start the server, change the license key and start again with correct date. This does not work. Can anyone give me some advice? P�l WM-data Consulting Norway Hi: Has your copy of SBS server been activated? If not, and you have an action apck or MSDN subscription, you might be able to activate the software using your keys... When you click activation it should give you a "Cannot activate" message and gi...

Export mailbox Ex5.5 resources to csv programmatically
Hello, Is there a way to export the mailbox resources from Ex 5.5 (information store, not "directory") to a csv using a script or command line tool? I saw a way to do this manually using the save windows settings in the file menu of exchadmin, but i'd like to automate it. thanks martin You want to export mailbox contents to csv? Are you sure? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/ "paisher" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07a201c50ec7$9907e780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is t...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

CRM API: Converting an Object Type value -> ObjectType
I've setup post callouts in CRM which notify me when a CRM object has been modified. CRM sends me the ObjectType value so I know what type of object has been modified. For example 1 for an Account, 132 for an Activity... I can't figure out however how to convert the number back into an ObjectType. In theory it should be very simple, but from what I can tell the ObjectType class is NOT an Enum, oddly enough. I've tried the following: int objectTypeValue = 2; // which is a Contact // returns otActivity test = (ObjectType) Enum.ToObject(typeof(ObjectType), objectTypeValue); // r...

SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes
hi when i want add a new field in contact i have this error : dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSl_importance) to Contact entity. and dmLog: New size of the attribute ({00027E4A-174C-4D15-AF43-C64CF39E0BA4}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. is someone know why? th u mathias This would be very helpful since I ran into the same problem where I was able to create a customization file, but couldn't import it on a different system. However, where can I find this on Partnersource? I can't find the article, nor can I find any fix releases. Is there a pla...

CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration
Does anyone know if the upcoming CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration will require Great Plains 9.0 or will it also work with Great Plains 8.0. Thanks! ...

Has anyone successfully installed CRM on SBS?
Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working correctly? I have installed this several times on SBS servers. I just used the deploymnet guide and it was very straightforward. Are you getting stuck at a particular step? <wedor> wrote in message news:uwoR4jmUGHA.5108@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and > if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working > correctly? > do ...

Adding Users
I was just reading the implementation guide and I have a quick question. After installing CRM 3.0, do all the users in the AD that have the ability to log into the domain, have access to use CRM? or is there a certain group that they need to be added too or do they need to be added into CRM? Thanks, JN answered in other group -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote in message news:uqxcsESSGHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I was just reading the implementation guide and I have a quick question. After installing CRM 3.0, do all the users in th...