User name , Password prompt

CRM 3.0 , trying to install a new server in an Active Directory environment.
When a user types http://crm , the server authenticates just fine based on
Windows integrated security , but when they type the full domain name
http://crm.pri.com it asks for user name and password  (which works after
user has supplied the same) .

This causes problem with Outlook intergration as Outlook client doesn't
prompt for the same instead just gives access denied message.

Any clue , what I am missing ? I installed server on standard default web
site on port 80.

Thanks so much,
Kishore

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try adding the url: http://crm.pri.com  as a local intranet site.

You can do this by opening a web browser on the users computer.  Going to
their internet options under the tools menu option and clicking on the Local
Intranet zone at the top.  Click the Sites button, then click the advanced
button and add http://crm.pri.com to the web site zone.  Click ok and try it
again.  Hopefully this does the trick for you.

--
David Wasserman
www.grandconsult.com

"Kishore" wrote:

> CRM 3.0 , trying to install a new server in an Active Directory environment.
> When a user types http://crm , the server authenticates just fine based on
> Windows integrated security , but when they type the full domain name
> http://crm.pri.com it asks for user name and password  (which works after
> user has supplied the same) .
>
> This causes problem with Outlook intergration as Outlook client doesn't
> prompt for the same instead just gives access denied message.
>
> Any clue , what I am missing ? I installed server on standard default web
> site on port 80.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Kishore

Thanks David, that did it.....

"David Wasserman" wrote:

> Try adding the url: http://crm.pri.com  as a local intranet site.
>
> You can do this by opening a web browser on the users computer.  Going to
> their internet options under the tools menu option and clicking on the Local
> Intranet zone at the top.  Click the Sites button, then click the advanced
> button and add http://crm.pri.com to the web site zone.  Click ok and try it
> again.  Hopefully this does the trick for you.
>
> --
> David Wasserman
> www.grandconsult.com
>

> "Kishore" wrote:
>
> > CRM 3.0 , trying to install a new server in an Active Directory environment.
> > When a user types http://crm , the server authenticates just fine based on
> > Windows integrated security , but when they type the full domain name
> > http://crm.pri.com it asks for user name and password  (which works after
> > user has supplied the same) .
> >
> > This causes problem with Outlook intergration as Outlook client doesn't
> > prompt for the same instead just gives access denied message.
> >
> > Any clue , what I am missing ? I installed server on standard default web
> > site on port 80.
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> > Kishore

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Retrieving Current User Information from JScript (OnChange)
I am adding functionality to one of my client's OnChange scripts to append the Current User Name into a memo field with date and action information. I scoured the web but can not find a way to properly retrieve the Current User information. Any information would be incredibly appreciated. ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Make sales target (quota) invisible for other users
I am setting up a MS CRM system for a pilot which focus primarily on our sales department. I have given each user who's a salesperson given a quota in the CRM system. These numbers are confidential and so not everybody may be given the possibility to view this data. But when I checked with another role, I could see the quota of erverybody who's got quota assigned. Is there a possibility to make these quota's only visible to the persons I want (for example the director can see the quota's of everybody, the salespersons can only see the quota for themselves and the rest o...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

Powerpoint password
i forget my powerpoint password now i want to open it so what should i do? Hi, Ooops..... What version? Did you set it as Read only or on open? Done a search on Google? I used to break them once but then I got cultured. -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at the original www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com "Powerpoint password hints" <Powerpoint password hints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB1AA46-F5B5-455F-9F46-6AF7AC4D5CDE@microsoft.com... > i forget my powerpoint...

Money 2005 Password Issue
I have been using Money 2005 for about 8 months and suddenly I cannot sign in using my usual hotmail.com passport. The error message is "the e-mail address or password is incorrect". However, I can sign in using the same e-mail address/password pair to hotmail and MSN Money in IE. I've tried KB Q331123 but no luck. Any ideas? More details: 1) I can get into my Money file in offline mode 2) I even tried to change passport password. The new password works in IE, but not Money. "MM" wrote: > I have been using Money 2005 for about 8 months and suddenly I cannot...

User list
I'm wondering how to check the users on Exchange Server 2003, I tried it on E2k3 by [PS] W:\>Get-Mailbox -server Exchange2k3, and I got nothing in the list, but when I tried to remove Exchange Server 2003, I got an error, The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Any idea? Thanks. I followed the instruc...

Adding GAL users into a custom form
Hi, I have created a custom form, and am required to add a series of approvers. What I am trying to achieve is: * Add users from my GAL into a text field, so that when the form is sent, they do not get initially CC'ed the form. Is this achievable, and if so, how do I do it (if you could help by including any appropriate code, that would be great). Regards, Rick ...

Non AD emails going to 1 user
I have an Exchange 2003 server running on SBS 2003 the issues is one user is getting all the emails sent to him that look like they are coming from his domain. For example his email is user@mydomain.com but in his inbox he is getting XYZ@mydomain.com but XYZ is not in the AD or has a email box set up on this server. Why is getting this non AD email and how can I stop it. Thanks in advance Are you sure it's not a SPAM where the spammer may have simply put in 123abc@mydomain.com and BCC it to all possible conceivable names @mydomain.com?? R Green "LaOVis" <LaOVis@discuss...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Create an "alias" address to send from, for a user's mailbox
We have an Exchange 2003 server One of the users address is: admin@domain.com The problem is that some SPAM engines, don't like the "admin" part. We need to create an alias, let say "response" and use this as the REPLY address. Mail will then be send from admin@domain, and will be received, as it was sent from admin@domain. ONLY the reply address should be "response@domain" I know Outlook with normal POP3 mail can do this. Anyway in Exchange to set this up? On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:28:02 -0800, Rupert <Rupert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Corrupt Active Directory User Account
OK, here's a fun one. It looks like a client of mine had a new employee start and they had is domain account set up in Active Directory. After a short time, they added him to CRM as a user using the Deployment Manager interface. It turns out that something happened on their network side having to do with their domain controllers not synching properly, and the Active Directory account became corrupt. The user is unable to log on to CRM for the first time. He gets and Authentication Error. He has a role assigned and the user account appears correct, etc. He is experiencing some othe...