User Entity in isv.config?

Anybody know if it is possible to create a User entity tag in isv.config so
that I can add a tab to the User's detail screen?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It's unsupported and undocumented... but yes you can.  Under the "Entities"
node, simply add a "<systemuser>" tag and follow the format used by the
other entities.  This should work for all entities that are built on the
Customizable Form Framework (basically most but Activities).

Aaron Elder
Director, Software Development

Invoke Systems
Solid technology. Sound thinking.
http://www.invokesystems.com

"AW" <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anybody know if it is possible to create a User entity tag in isv.config
> so
> that I can add a tab to the User's detail screen?

0
Aaron

Fast Food Users
I would like to know if there are any RMS users out there that utilize the RMS software in a Fast-Food application. I need a refference for the RMS software using that type of application. cthompson@adctech.com 909-923-5268 ...

Forced Exit of other users
Hi All Someone set up a force exit of all other users in Access 2003, I am now setting up a db in 2007, however did not copy the force exit code. Does anyone know an easy way to force other users to exit so I can carry out some admin work on the dB Cheers Have a look at the code at: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/KickEmOff.txt and the sample application which uses it at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/KickEm.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Delegate / Other Users Folder Problem
We are experiencing some problems trying to read another users email. Scenario: Bob has just been delegated access to user Steves Inbox, Calendar and Tasks by Steve (himself) adding Bob to the delegate list and granting him "Reviewer" access. From his own Outlook, Bob goes to File > Open > Other Users Folder > Steve (picked from the list) Bob can now see all Steves Inbox. He can even open some of the Email in Steves Inbox. But when he tries to open some email he gets the following message: "Cant open this item. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this ...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

mail destined for one recipient als goes to another users mailbox
Hi all, Has anyone come across this; the mail destined for one recipient A also goes to another users mailbox B. The email is definatly not destined for B's mailbox as there's nothing in the reference to user b in the header. There's no rules set up, There's no forwarding. This is only happening to one user (A). Can anyone think of a reason for this? Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

User Defined Field (String)
Does anyone know of a way I can force a user-defined field (I'm working specifically with User Defined 1 in Sales Trx Entry - a String(20) field) to force formatting at data entry time to US dollar (eg. $100.00) formatting? Either with VBA or Modifier? I would need to do this a couple of individual User Defined fields in the SOP User Defined fields entry window. Thanks in advance. Not a good way to do this - you could maybe use a vba event to format the data after the user enters it but vba isn't real happy typically of setting the current field when running its ...

Mailbox for User in trusted NT domain
Hi. Wi habe Ex2k migrated from Ex5.5 and made object replication with ADC. ADC created disabled user accounts for mailboxes with prjimary NT-accounts in a trusted Windows NT - domain. After comnplete replication I uninstalled ADC. How can I manually create accounts in ADS corresponding to new accounts that have been created in the trusted windows NT domain after uninstalling the ADC. I think there must be a way but I could not find out one. Thanks and regards Guenther Ruehmann You should have been running ADMT in conjunction with the ADC so that you could first migrate all of your NT acco...

Remote access user should allow you to assign leads, accounts and.
CRM should provide the capability to assign records to non CRM users. IE - the company may have manufatcuring rep companies that resell their product but these companies and their sales reps would never work in CRM. They need the ability to assign teh records to them to manage and track sales and comissions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Outlook 2007 "stuck" in other user's calendar
Help! I just opened someone else's calendar from my Outlook 2007. When I went to Inbox, it showed my Inbox, when I went to Contacts it went to my Contscat. When I clicked theCalendar icon it went straight back to the other user's calendar. I couldn't find a way to close his calendar and get back to mine. I tried exiting Outlook and restarting, but the same thing happened. I evntually got out of it, but by then was so confused I don't know how I solved it! Is there a simple explanation? TIA Steve there should be a list of calendars in the navigation pane and you check (or ...

cpp config
Hello Newsgroupies! Is there any way of including / excluding cpp files (as well as h files) using #ifdef / #ifndef ? I need to configure my DLL's quickly and easily and not have a whole batch of different project files with different components. Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' ...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_ #2
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

Log users if they reach their mailbox limits
We use Exchange 2003. If a user hit their mail box limit and if the 3 tick boxes are ticked. For example the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and "prohibit send and receive at" areally selected for the users mailbox then it will generate an Event ID 8528 on the Exchange server. But if only the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and NOT the "prohibit send and receive at" are selected and the user has reached their limit nothing is logged. Hope you can advise... In news:E72DD479-69F9-4A26-8688-3681C17A33D2@m...

sales process for other entities
Hi! I would like to create sales process like it exist for opportunity for other entities. For example for order i have 4 different steps(send it by email,create appointment and etc.). May be somebody have solution description. Thanks The sales process is made especially for the opportunity. However you should be able to mimic the behavior with a standard workflow rule. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- <is_vlb50@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1161013482...

User access/security for command buttons
Hi, Hope someone can assist me with this problem.I have varios command buttons setup on my form. What I would like to do eventually give rights to certain people who can access the information behind the command buttons.Is this Possible.Thanks On Sep 28, 9:06 pm, benonibriggs1...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Hope someone can assist me with this problem.I have varios command > buttons setup on my form. What I would like to do eventually give > rights to certain people who can access the information behind the > command buttons.Is this Possible.Thanks There may be a toolkit...

Displaying Access Database Remotely for Multiple Users
Hi, I've designed an Access database and I want to be able to hold it centrally on my company's network so that multiple users can operate it at the same time... How can I go about this...?? What's the easiest way, even if you can just point me in the right direction... Rgds....Chris If you going to deploy the application to your local area network, then the suggested approach is to split you database, and then install ms-access + the front end part on EACH computer. I explain in detail this splitting process here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/in...

user mode & kernel mode thread synchronization
What is ther difference between user mode & kernel mode thread synchronization ? when to use mutexes & when to use critical sections ?? Thanks in advance. MK wrote: > What is ther difference between user mode & kernel mode thread > synchronization ? > when to use mutexes & when to use critical sections ?? > > Thanks in advance. > All things kernel mode are off limits to an application program and off topic here. Mutexes and critical sections are for synchronizing threads in user mode (i.e. in application programs). They both perform the same synchron...

Why Users can open other users folders
Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I prevent this. Do I have to make permission changes on Exchange Server? If yes where? Your prompt response is greatly appreciated. mukeshhtrivedi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage > server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going > File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I ...

Allowing multiple users across a network to a single .pst file
Hello, I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to multiple users across a network. The pst-archive is located on a shared network drive, but I can only add the file in 1 useraccount, the others tell me 'the file is in use'. Is there a way to circumvent this? Best regards, Sven Herremans That would be a surefire way to make sure that it get corrupted and unusable. Sven Herremans wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering whether there is a way to add the same .pst-archive to > multiple users across a network. > >...

User ability to change default smtp address
I am look for an app that would allow the user to change/select their out going smtp address from those avalable in the server. I run multiple domains on our exch2K3 server (@doamin1.com, @ domain2.com, etc). there are times when the user needs to have the outgoing smtp address be other then the default( that is change from abc@domain1.com, to abc@domain2.com) I know of IvaSoft...any others? thanks bill On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:22:04 -0800, "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am look for an app that would allow the user to change/select their out >go...

Missing windows/sys32/config/system
I have noted all the references to the MS support for this problem at startup. I am trying to help a friend who unfortunately does not have (and cannot get) the Windows XP disk (as was pre-installed, and purchased 3 years ago in another country). He crsahed his pc by panicking & "pulling the electricity plug" during a Windows update! I have an "Operating System Reinstallation cd" for my pc. Can I (in terms of both practically, securely & legally) use my disk to help restart his pc? If not, is there an "easy fix" for this problem that...

How to get what user a person is logged in as
Hello! I person is running a program in MFC. How do I get what person this user is logged in as. //Tony How about GetUserName(...) AliR. "Tony" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:u7g2AiT0IHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > I person is running a program in MFC. > How do I get what person this user is logged in as. > > //Tony > > ...

Exchange default server during AD user creation
When creating a new user, ADUC creates the new user ID, sets password then ask if you want to create an new Exchange mailbox. At this point, where does ADUC get the Available Exchange server list and Store lists. I have a client that has an old email server that shows in that list. The server is not listed in ESM, it is not listed under Configuration, domain name, exchange, etc, in ADSIEdit. Any Help Is greatly appreciated. As far as I know, this information would be where you looked, in AD under Configuration > Services... -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world...