User Authentication Error

Hello All,

I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting
to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states,
"The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid."

I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks.

Keith
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Some OWA users cant login but some can
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and rolled out OWA. Some of the users can access the OWA system, But some cant. What should I check? Are the mailboxes all on 2003 yet? Are you still in mixed mode? How long ago did you migrate the mailboxes? I've experienced a similar situation where I needed to wait for either SRS or the ADC to replicate information for migrated mailbox before OWA could be used. This took up to an hour sometimes. Also, did you check the permissions of the user account to make sure they have access to OWA? I am having the same issue. It has been 3 weeks f...

Content in user's calendar different than other calendars
Good morning from Wisconsin, In our network, one user's calendar is not seeing the same events/ notes as everyone else. The updates that he puts in don't get pushed out to the shared calendars, and he can see some of the updates that other users put into the shared calendars but not all updates. It appears as if his calendars won't update beyond a date somewhere in the neighborhood of about three weeks ago. However, he can send/ receive email from the server just fine. The clients are all running Outlook 2003 and log into Active Directory on a Windows SBS 2003 box running Exch...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Removing Exchange User Attributes and the ADC
We merged an ADMTv2 created user account with an ADC created Contact, rather that the ADC created Disabled User. We would now like to get rid of the user account's association with the Contact info and merge the user account w/the ADC Disabled user; however, when we try to do that - using the ADClean util. - ADClean tells us we cannot as the user account is already mail enabled. Removing the existing Exchange Attributes on the users account suggests its self, however, when we go to do that all sorts of warnings come up (I'm somewhat familiar with the issues but need more insi...

how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group from java?
Using Java's LDAP protocol, how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group ? I have one approach in which, get the distinguishedName for this user and then remove the first CN part (username). This will be left with OU part. Now check if this OU matches with the given OU. But does not sound like a perfect solution to me. Any other better approaches? Regards, Shivaraj Shivaraj, I would suggest posting to AD Newsgroup as this is related to AD not Exchange. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner "shivaraj" ...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Calendar dates in all users outlook
G'Day All, I am running E2K and all users are running Outlook XP on their desktops. Without visiting all users computers how can I update all users' Outlook Calendar to show the days/dates the office will be closed? Thanks I have the same problem. The only workaround I could find was to send out an email meeting invitation to everyone and instruct them to click accept (which they eagerly do if it's a holiday). If you find a better way let me know! Chris ...

Error while creating custom entity
Hi I am trying to create a custom entity. After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am trying to save it, i am getting the following error: " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". Help appreciated. Thanks Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results yet. I tried the following without result: Enable logging by adding keys to the registry: LogPerfData: filename LogPerfDataDetails: 1 LogPerfDataLevel: 2 Repare CRM by using the installation disk. Did you make any progress resolvi...

How do I COMPLETELY change a user name?
Hello, I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith to JohnJones. I thought I had changed it properly as it appears as user JohnJones but when they send email, etc...it is still from JohnSmith. What am I forgetting? Thank you in advance, Jack In ADUC. right click on the user object and select "Rename" . That should show up the field that did not get flipped.... "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C7F16C-84C1-4B45-834F-33778CD6A8B4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to change a user name from JohnSmith ...

New task item for bunch of users to fill in a survey
Created a survey to be filled in by a bunch of users. How can I assign a task item for each of them with the least effort from my part, so they know to fill in the survey? I was thinking of filling a list with all the usernames, then start a workflow that creates the tasks having the "Assigned To" filled in by the list. Is this the right approach, or is there another/easier way I overlook? ~Hans ...

OutLook Express 2003 is not running for error
I start Outlook for the first time, SP2 was installed before, it is not running at all as I get the msge: The Operation Failed ...

Compile Error in hidden module
I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module AutoExecNew" when I open excel and an error message "Compile error in hidden module DistMon" when I close excel. I have no add-ins checked. I am running Windows XP Home and Office XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated. Bill You obviously have something in a startup folder, look for all startup folders. Also have you installed someting lately? I know that Adobe Acrobat writer used to cause start up errors although I think you can download a fix from Adobes site -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Willia...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Out of memory error when printing
Running Windows 98. Upgraded Office 2000 to Office XP. Fully patched OS and Office. Everything works fine except when trying to print from Outlook. Immediately generates a "Out of Memory or Resources ..." Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill ...

a strange error code when creating a modal dialog.
Hi, I failed to create a modal dialog box using MFC 7. The code snippet is as follows. // dlg is a dialog box derived from CDialog TestDlg dlg; INT_PTR nret = dlg.DoModal(); err = GetLastError(); I got -1 as the return value of nret. And the error code err = 1812, which means "The specified image file did not contain a resource section". It bothered me a lot because I did not use any image in the project. I would deeply appreciate if anybody can provide some suggestions or helps. Thanks!!! Hu hdong wrote: > Hi, I failed to create a modal dialog box using MFC 7. The c...

Read only error from 11-20-04
I'm still having trouble with this... I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe, had some troubles with the disk, now I'm trying to restore from a backup file. I get a erreor message stating that money cannot locate or open the file possibly beacuse it is read only or the disk is write protected. I've unchecked the read only boxed of all money files and I still get the message. Any hope of recovering anything? I've tried to restoring to a new file name and directory without success. It appears to start the restore process but it immediately comes back with the read only erro...

Error Importing Msg to OL Express
hi all, i had copied messages (*.dbx) files to a CD now after reinstallation am trying to import the same back to outlook express 6 but am getting the following error ________________ No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Plese select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. ________________ Pls help i am in a mess... Thx, Niraj ...

error message with outlook 2007 and hotmail pay acct.
I'm having a problem with a hotmail account using Outlook 2007. When I attempt to sync over HTTP, I get the error 0x800ccc3e the server responded "not implemented" I know that this could be a proxy problem, but there is no firewall or proxy between this computer and the internet, only a linksys router. Also, I read on another post that hotmail stopped supporting free email accounts using Outlook and Outlook Express, but the account was working fine, up until Friday and this is a paid acct.. I know I'm not the only one having this problem, there are other peole that have poste...

VB runtime errors...
Hey there! So, I have an automated report that I get in Excel that reports various production milestones, alpha, beta, ship date, etc. Each product has up to 5 versions on the report, denoted by text in one of the columns. I want to combine all entries of a product that has consistent dates in 4 columns. This would leave only instances of the product with unique milestones, with the version columnconcatenating as needed. So, in essence of 7 columns I want 6 of them to match, and if they do, they should become one with all versions listed in column C. I've gotten help on this b...

[object error] when trying to print prima crystal report
Hi all, When I try to print from a report, a messagebox with "[object error]" appears... Any ideas... ...

Multiple user access
I have XP prof, and outlook 2002 and would like to be able to allow someone else to access my outlook files when they are logged on as a different user. I have no "delegates" tab on my options menu. Do I need a different version of outlook? Any help appreciated. No, all you need is to put your .pst files in a location that's available to everyone who uses that machine, i.e. not in your Documents and Settings/%username%/ hierarchy. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...