User accounts changing themselves to another users details..?

Hi,

We're getting an intermittent problem with our CRM 1.2 installation.

Randomly, users names and email addresses are changing to that of another
user but their logon name is staying the same. This is meaning that when
they logon to CRM, their name is showing wrongly and any records assigned to
them are showing the wrong name.

The name they change to is always the same and the user records changing
varies.

eg:

Say we have 10 users, one of whom is "Joe Bloggs".

Today, 3 other users records names had changed so that their first name
showed "Joe" and their surnames said "Bloggs" and their email addresses also
updated to show joeb@company.com - their logon field however stayed as their
original logon details. This means we have 4 Joe Blogs users instead of one.

We've been able to work out who the affected users are based on the logon
names and change their details back but the problem is happening randomly,
sometimes affecting one user, sometimes several but always changing them to
Joe Bloggs.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem or if there is a fix for this
as it's becoming quite a nuisance for the affected users, one in particual
has been affected everytime this has happened though we're not sure if it's
just coincidence as the other users affected seem more random.

Thanks for any help, Steve

0
Steve
10/27/2005 7:48:53 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you have any background processing that's mucking directly with the
database? There are few random things in the world. Usually they're the
result of some non-random process with side-effects.

--
MJ Miller
Microsoft CRM Technical Lead

** The opinions and comments in this post are my own and in no way reflect
the opinions of Microsoft or the Microsoft CRM team. This posting is not an
offer of support, either immediate or ongoing, and no support is implied.
Some of the information posted may include non-supported workarounds and
code samples.

0
MJ