User able to see records that he is not supposed to

Hi,

I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that
are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X.
He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have
checked every setting very carefully.Please help.

IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG???

Cheers,
kunal
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi, Kunal,

Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s)
assigned to the user?

Thanks,
Leslie

newsgroup purposes only.

"kunal kapoor" <kunalkapoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that
> are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team
> X.
> He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I
> have
> checked every setting very carefully.Please help.
>
> IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG???
>
> Cheers,
> kunal

0
Leslie
1/25/2007 3:38:55 AM
What version of CRM are you using?

"kunal kapoor" <kunalkapoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that
> are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team
> X.
> He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I
> have
> checked every setting very carefully.Please help.
>
> IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG???
>
> Cheers,
> kunal

0
Peter
1/25/2007 6:29:15 PM
I am working with Kunal on this and we are currently on v1.2.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> What version of CRM are you using?
>
> "kunal kapoor" <kunalkapoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that
> > are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team
> > X.
> > He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I
> > have
> > checked every setting very carefully.Please help.
> >
> > IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG???
> >
> > Cheers,
> > kunal

The User mentioned here only has 'User' Level Access for Contacts, Accounts ,
Opportunities, And he is not a member of the Team X, but still he is able to
see the
accounts,contacts, opportunities of the members of that Team.
i also checked the Sharing properties of those accounts, and i could not
find there any mention of that User or any of the Team, of which he is a
member.

"Mayur" wrote:

> I am working with Kunal on this and we are currently on v1.2.
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
> > What version of CRM are you using?
> >
> > "kunal kapoor" <kunalkapoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that
> > > are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team
> > > X.
> > > He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I
> > > have
> > > checked every setting very carefully.Please help.
> > >
> > > IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG???
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > kunal

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

NDR goes to different user
I have an Exchange 2003 serving two domains, both domains have a user nemed "info" the problem I get is that when user info on domain A sends a mail to an unknown user, the ndr is received by info at domain B? any ideias? Thx, Ed ...

Set default time zone for all users
Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone? No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be changed in a version 2.0 release "Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F5F4A10-B6AD-420C-9ACB-F73A13FDABB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change i...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

single user mode
Hi, I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database and do a restore to it. Nobody, can be connected to that database prior to the restore. Also, I need to be able to schedule it to run on a daily basis. I tried putting that db in a single user mode and then do the restored in a transaction but I got the error that the restore command is not allowed in the begin tran commit tran. How can I accomplish that? tolcis (nytollydba@gmail.com) writes: > I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database > and do a restore to it. Nobody, c...

How prevent recipient from seeing Categories assigned to email?
I *JUST LEARNED* that recipients of emails I send can see the category(s) I assigned to the email! This is freaking me out! Imagine I am a psychologist. I create a category for each client. The category formula is: Last, First Condition First Visit Date e.g. Rodriguez, Alex DRUG ABUSE 4/1/2003 Baldwin, Alec ANGER MNGT 5/3/2006 Ryder, Winona KLEPTOMANIA 11/21/2003 Every time I make an appointment or task, I assign it to the client via the Category in Outlook 2003. BUT...If I send an email and want to assign a category, EVERY RECIPIENT SEES the category(s) in the Keywords header. How d...

Grant admin rights to user account
Can I create user account in GP and grant the same capabilities that sa user has to that account (e.g the new account can create another user account) ? Hi qwerty What version of GP are you runing? Fliehigh "qwerty" wrote: > Can I create user account in GP and grant the same capabilities that sa user > has to that account (e.g the new account can create another user account) ? Hi Fliehigh, I use Version 9. "Fliehigh" wrote: > Hi qwerty > > What version of GP are you runing? > > Fliehigh > > "qwerty" wrote: > > > C...

Protecting user from changing previous data
Hi All, I have a block of data A1:D10 with Protection using ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGE. The user enter data with the following order: Input 1: A1, B1, C1, D1 Input 2: A2, B2, C2, D2 Input 3: A3, B3, C3, D3 I would like to Automatically prevent the user from changing ROW A1-D1 when Inserting NEW ROWS (Row A2-D2, Row A3-D3). Thank you. This can be a very complex issue if you don't think things out really well ahead of time. What happens if, after they've typed data in A1:D1 and while entering more data in rows below row 1, they realize they made a mistake...

Simply record expenses in Money 2004
I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate the total I spent for the month. My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them. I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for each category. I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced to choose recurring time periods for when the expen...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...

how do I not show a record in a report when the total is zero?
I have a very simple DB where I track items. I have an ID, Description, Intake #, Sold #, Remaining # (this is from subtracting the sold from the intake), and a total inventory (this is calculated using Dsum on remaining inventory based on description matches). I have a report that I wish will show all records that have a remaining balance, and just exclude the ones that have a zero balance. I tried: Private Sub Report_Load() If Remaining.Value <= 0 Then ID.Visible = False Description.Visible = False Intake.Visible = False Sold.Visible = False Rema...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

Prevent going to New Record
In a form that the user can goto Next or Previous record, how do I prevent them from going to a New record? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company Peter, Set the form's Allow Additions to No -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Peter Marshall" <peter.marshall@ohiocoatingscompany.com> wrote in message news:usLa4L2yKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.g...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

No Users
I find that in any picklist relating to other CRM users, there are none. For example, when I try to assign an opportunity to another user, the dialog for select user shows no other users. The same goes for territories, managers, etc.. Okay...I guess I'm new. I have to hit Go first. ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Remote ActiveSync User Permission Errors...
Hello, We recently purchased a few Motorola Q smartphones for our users. I already have a PPC-6700 that I've been using Exchange ActiveSync on for about 10 months. It works fine. So, I installed the same certificate on the Motorola and provided the end users username and password, entering it exactly as is on mine. It gives the 0x85010004 error...."Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator" So...the first thing I did was check Mobile settings for the user...