Use crm?

 I would like to know what Microsoft product(s) would be could used for the
following results and what the price
of the recommended product would be:

 I work for a small company that would like to keep track of the following:
  1. the workload of each employee,
  2. how many hours are assigned to each each employee for a project,
  3. How many hours each employee have spent on each project,
  4. A way to tell if an employee is on track for meeting the project
deadlines,
  5. A way to tell an employee how many hours they should be working on each
project they are assigned  to.
  6. A way to set priorities on the workload  for each employee.
  7. A way to change the priotities of each employee dynamically.

 **I would consider products where I would need to do some setup and/or
programming on my side.

   Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Project server. I think is what you are looking for.
--
Victor

"Wendy Elizabeth" wrote:

>  I would like to know what Microsoft product(s) would be could used for the
> following results and what the price
> of the recommended product would be:
>
>  I work for a small company that would like to keep track of the following:
>   1. the workload of each employee,
>   2. how many hours are assigned to each each employee for a project,
>   3. How many hours each employee have spent on each project,
>   4. A way to tell if an employee is on track for meeting the project
> deadlines,
>   5. A way to tell an employee how many hours they should be working on each
> project they are assigned  to.
>   6. A way to set priorities on the workload  for each employee.
>   7. A way to change the priotities of each employee dynamically.
>
>  **I would consider products where I would need to do some setup and/or
> programming on my side.
>
>    Thanks!
0
Victor (177)

How to use variables for Range( ) ?
Lets say my starting and ending coordinate variables are (x1,y1) and (x2,y2). I want to define a Range from (x1,y1) to (x2,y2). Range( ) accepts string datatype so i cannot use variables in Range( ). I cannot use Cells ( ) cos it defines a single cell only. Sorry for bothering you, i guess this is the answer: Range(Cells(x1, y1), Cells(x2, y2)) "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com>, haber iletisinde �unlar� yazd�:#KWf5DpbFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Lets say my starting and ending coordinate variables are (x1,y1) and > (x2,y2). > > > I want to define a Ran...

For SQL experts: manage automatically updates using a frequency value
Hi! I would like to create a SP for automatically manage "course updates" on "Courses" table I've a table with a list of Courses CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Courses]( [ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Description] [varchar](200) NULL, [IDCourse] [int] NULL, [Update] [bit] NULL, [RequiredUpdate] [bit] NULL, [FrequencyUpdate] [int] NULL, [ConcurrencyId] [timestamp] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Corsi] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [ID] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCK...

Retrieve Multiple Error CRM 4.0
I'm getting an error with a query using JScript to the ActivityParty entity, and I can't figure out why. This is in the OnLoad Event of the ServiceAppointment entity. Here's the code: var ActivityId = crmForm.ObjectId; alert(ActivityId); if (crmForm.all.customers.DataValue != null) { var arrayCustomer = new Array; var arrayCustomer = crmForm.all.customers.DataValue; var CustomerIdName = arrayCustomer[0].name; var CustomerId = arrayCustomer[0].id; alert(CustomerId); } var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\&quo...

Using Excel to analyze HTML
Hi All, It might sound a little weird, but I find Excel useful for analyzing/reformatting HTML for various purposes, such as generating a list of the links or images in a webpage. My problem is, I can't easily and consistently get Excel (2000) to stop INTERPRETING the code. I have tried Paste Special > Values. I have to remove a lot of the code in Notepad first, THEN paste it, to be able to work with it in Excel. Is there any way to turn off the default "Interpret HTML like a browser" option? MS Word has the same problem. Any solutions for that too? TIA, Gregg Robe...

Need to use .NET 2005 MFC for Serial Communication
All: I need to use .NET 2005 MFC to read and write data via serial port. Is there available class and example I can reference? Thank you in advance awu10 ...

When using a 100% stacked column chart how do I get totals?
I would like the data table to show data with totals ...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

CRM and OneNote
Hello. Is there any known linking between CRM 3.0 and MS OneNote? For example; Can OneNote be used to update CRM fields? Can a OneNote call report be linked to a contact record as a note or attachment? Thanks. ...

Integration Between CRM & Great Plains
Where can I find some white papers/documentation on setting up the CRM/Great Plains integration using BizTalk server? Also, I would like to setup the CRM/Great Plains integration in my lab environment, where can I get the pieces to make this work? My company is a Microsoft Certified Partner as well as a Microsoft Business Solution partner. Thanks for any information. -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Hi Nick Asked...

DST Patch for CRM 3.0
Is there a separate DST patch required for CRM 3.0? thanks Yes, it is available on Partnersource. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=8A7319E6-5B86-4E7A-9BE1-763F2072BE21&displaylang=en "axmann" wrote: > Is there a separate DST patch required for CRM 3.0? > > thanks ...

How to change CRM 3.0 License Key?
Try to update from CRM3.0 90 days trial version, how to do that? ------=_NextPart_0001_2B59A9B5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit To update the 90 day Trial License to a Production license you will want to go to Deployment Manager (typically under Start - Programs - Microsoft CRM - Deployment Manager). Once in Deployment Manager expand License Manager from the left hand navigation pane and you should see the existing Trial License in the right hand pane. Right click on that Trial License and choose Upgrade Licenses. This will allow you to upgrade a CRM SBE T...

How to delete sheets using macro?
There is a list of sheet name under column B of sheet "Date", I would like to delete any sheets, which name is not included within the lists and the Date sheet cannot be deleted too. Do you have any suggestions on how to code a macro to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric, Try this Sub del_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet Set sht = Sheets("Date") Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("B1:B" & LastRow) Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each c In MyRa...

kit component where used
A "where used" option is needed for kit components. If we are replacing an item with a new part we need to change it on all the bill of materials and in all the kits. Currently Dynamics GP 9.0 only shows you where the part is used in the manufacturing bill of materials so the BOM's can be updated, but there is no way to find out what Kits need to be updated. We have hundreds of kits and there is not an easy way to find out which ones need to be updated with the new part. Please incorate a 'where used' that would include what kits a compensent is used in. ------...

Cannot re-use stock symbol...ever?
I cannot set the symbol for one of my investments. I suspect it is because this symbol was used for a deleted investment. I has a mutual fund investment in my portfolio, say it was called: "ABC Fund Class A" Whenever I download transactions from my broker, it always complained that I had 100 shares of "ABC Fund Cls A" (note the subtle name difference) and that this was not reflected in my account. So I let it update my account. Now I had 100 shares of "ABC Fund Class A", symbol ABC which I had purchased 100 shares of "ABC Fund Cls A", (no symbo...

Outlook Address Book problem using Windows 7
I just got a new laptop with Wiondows 7, and MS Outlook. My Contacts imported fine, but my address book is blank. I have tried just about everything in outlook to straighten it out, but suspect its a problem with Windows 7 User account settings. I created a separate user in Windows 7, and can get the address book to work fine, but this would be a problem to implement becauase of all the customization for other programs. Question, in previous versions of Windows you could change the User preferences and profiles for Mail settings. Can anyone tell me how to do it in Windows ...

must use "Save As" after opening Word Perfect files
We have one user who, when he opens a WP doc, the document does not open with the document name (i.e. Sales.wpd), it opens as Document 1 (or 2, or 3, etc.). He can't just hit "Save" to save the document, the dialogue box comes up as "Save As". What could be causing this? It's only an issue with one user. No one else had this problem. Is the user opening the file from within Word or from an Explorer window (such as My Computer)? If the latter, then it would appear that the default action for .wpd files has been set to New rather than Open (althoug...

Moving CRM 3.0 Server across Domain
Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to another domain. Is it possible? and any suggested activity flow? Thanks in advance, Yes. There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this. Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to sync the AD objects and then install CRM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mani" <mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05D409F9-52EC-43C3-BF5A-DE108143573E@microsoft.com... Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to anoth...

CRM 4.0 relating customeraddress entity
One of the touted features of 4.0 which I've been looking forward to is the more flexible relationship definitions allowed. It appears in my new test environment that I still cannot relate the customeraddress entity to anything (other than what comes by default)! I clicked on a couple system entities (such as article, article comment, competitor address) and didn't find the 'create' button next to any of the relationship tabs. Can any 4.0 expert educate me on this? Or is my test environment buggy? Thanks in advance. -Erik Relationship building in CRM 4.0 is mush more ri...

CRM 3.0 Titles gone from Notes
We recently upgraded to 3.0 and have found that the new Notes listings in Accounts, Cases, etc. has removed the title of each note from the initial view. I see that the title is there if an individual note is opened up, however we would like to see it on the quick view page. We have standardized notes set up which makes it easy for our techs to put information in the same place each time for each customer. We would like for them to be able to make adjustments to any note without having to directly open each one to find out where the info goes first. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

How do I specify using lines or bars on graphs w/ 2nd value axis?
I am building a chart using a secondary axis with both the data displayed in both bars and lines. Everytime I add a new field Excel decides if it will be displayed as a bar or a line. How do I control that decision myself. I understand how to align data to a secondary axis, but not how to control the bar vs line option. Create your chart using all lines or all bars. Select one to change, and use Chart Type on the Chart menu to change it. Select the next to change and use the F4 function key shortcut for Repeat Last Action. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier ...

How can I install the CRM for Outlook Client on 64bit Win7
Hi, I am trying to install the CRM for Outlook client, but as there is no 64 version to be found on the Microsoft site, how should I install the 32bit version of the client? Thanks Harry That what I have done and it works perfect with Office 2007 which is x86. Questions will raise with the x64 version of Office 2010.... CS http://www.addonnice.com Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce - XRM EMailing "Harry van Rossum" <Harry van Rossum@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 8B61605E-E2AA-43EE-A775-60FF8868733A@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Hide sheets using vba
Hi all I have a sheet initally hidden(Contact) and the rest visiable, what I am trying to do is when today() = 1-11-06 it automatically unhides the Contact sheet and hides all the rest. I am trying to do it with having a button assigned to a macro - Having no luck... Any help welcome. Thanks Paul tried... Sheets("Menu").Range ("A1") >= "01/11/2006" GoTo hide Sub hide() Run Sheets(Array("Health Dec", "Menu", "UK", "EU", "XU", "WW", "AT EU", "AT WW", "Summary") ...

Create employee attendance db using personal.xls?
I have limited, beginner VBA knowledge and have been researching online for ways to create an excel 'database' for employee attendance (worked time, holidays accumulated/used, overtime accumulated/used, other types of leave accumulated/used, etc). My research has led me to the idea of using Personal.xls by creating a Summary workbook to show all data from several sheets (1 sheet per employee). I was going to continue reading up on it but I didn't bookmark the page! (doh!). Is Personal.xls only for storing macros? Or can I put the employee data sheets in Persona...

tracing queries that are not used
I have a huge number of queries in an access database that I use, I am sure that some are not required. I am reluctant to simply delete them and then see if everything is working. Is there a way of tracing whether there are any reports etc that are dependent on a particular query - as with auditing for precedents and dependents in Excel. Regards On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:45:00 -0800, pkeegs <pkeegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a huge number of queries in an access database that I use, I am sure >that some are not required. I am reluctant to simply delete them and ...

newbie needs examples of creating a recordset and inserting data using it in Access 2007?
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called "mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a Word document. Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table? I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct. Sub TestRecordsetexample Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset myReco...