Upload Mail Merge Template

I am having problems uploading word mail merge templates into CRM.
From outlook I lick the mail merge options, which opens word. I can then
create my document, go through the mail merge, and at the end there is an
option to 'Ipload Template to CRM'
When I click on this I am asked if I want to upload the template into CRM,
once I click yes nothing happens.

I have tried this on a number of machines, an a number of users (including
System Administrator).
I have managed to get it to work on ONE machine only, all the others in the
network do not work.

All the client machines are Windows XP (expect the one which works is a 2003
Termail Server) with office 2003 and the CRM 4 client.

Does anyone know why the clients don't work.

Thanks

Rob
0
RobMottram (202)
2/23/2009 5:09:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Prompt for choosing category at receiving/sending mail
Can anyone tell me how I can force an Outlook 2003 user to choose a category when he recieves/sends mail? When I try to create a rule I have to choose the categories already, this is not what I want. The user must automatically get the dialog to choose a category at the moment he receives/sends mail. ...

Embed Word Doc as attachment in Word Doc, then send to e-mail reci
We create a word document, a summary page if you will, then we attach another word document as an object, inserting it as an icon, then click on 'Send to e-mail Recipient' and send. The e-mail sends fine, however when someone else receives it, the attachment in the e-mail won't open. What are we doing wrong? -- Thanks! Barb May be because they are using different version of MS OFFICE? i checked and MS Office 2003 won't open the embeded file. while 2007 does. "Barb" wrote: > We create a word document, a summary page if you will, then we a...

Account Merge with new attributes
I am using C360 to check for dupes in my data. I have added an attribute to the account entity called 'new_recordsource' because record from Accounting are reliable and should not be altered, but records from a mailing list that we purchased are not reliable. If an acounting record is duped, by a mailing list then the mailing list fields are to be merged into any blank accounting fields using CRM's merge capability. The problem is the merge screen does not show all of the account fields and shows none of the custom fields (attributes). Is there a way to tell CRM to display this ...

workgroup templates
hi how can i find out which is the workgroups templates folder in my company's network thanks rathika You can find the location in Word. On the Tools menu click Options and then click the File Locations tab. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "rathika" <rathika_Sridhar100@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:452001c375fb$c63307a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi > > how can i find out which is the workgroups templates > folder in my company's network > > > thank...

Mail System DLL is invalid
I noticed that several weeks ago, the fax console stopped routing incoming faxes. when i try to Mailto on the server, i get an error that says "Mail System DLL is invalid". (if i try to Mailto from a workstation it works fine) i don't recall adding installing anything or modifying anything at that time, except MS updates. the server is W2K3 SP1 (not SBS!!!) the server also has exchange 2003 with all the service packs and updates for both W2K3 and Exchange (also IIS and SQL server 2005 - with CRM) Below is a copy of the event log when a fax arrives: Event Type: Error Ev...

Schedule-Report to send to mail
Hello, Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain time using Outlook. Regards Rainu RMS currently has no this feature, however if you have crystal report then you have 2 free online tools available for this one is crystal passage and other one is crystal delivery. These are free. The other thing which you can use the message feature where you can alert in RMS whenever the report is due, it is just alternative. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hello, > Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain > time using Outlook....

MS Mail for Outlook 2003...........
Anyone??? I found the trick for OL2002 but not for 2003. ...

Separate e-mail accounts w/Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to setup Outlook 2003 to handle 3 different e-mai accounts from the same POP3/SMTP account and keep them separate? I wan the mail to go into their own Inbox and have its own Sent folder etc� have my main account and have added another but Outlook puts all th mail into the same folder. I need to keep it separate; I have bee using Outlook Express and would use the �Switch Identities� option t check my other accounts, is this possible with Outlook 2003 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Incoming OL2003 e-mails are duplicate
When I receive an e-mail, I always receive a duplicate. The second one is delivered at the the same time as the first one with exact same sent date. My new computer has OL2003. I followed the "Reconnect your old Outlook data file" instructions per http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx and imported “mailbox.pst”. I then had 2 files in the C:\Documents and Settings\Barry G\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder, which included the original "Outlook.pst" file. I then closed the original "Personal Folders" fil...

Mails not seen in sent items folder
I am not finding the sent mails in my sent items folder. Even my outlook settings has selected save the sent mails in sent items folder. Pls help me in troubleshooting this prob. rgds Guruprasad Check your view of the Sent Items folder. Go to View, Current View (or View, Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003) and see if you're set to Unread messages or some other view than the default Messages view. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Gu...

Windows Mail Attachments
How do I retrieve saved attachments? where are they??? They are in the place you saved them to. "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75057EF3-83BD-453D-9773-5BDA1CCA6068@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve saved attachments? where are they??? What did you do with the original e-mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75057EF3-83BD-453D-9773-5BDA1CCA6068@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve saved attach...

check e-mail on startup of outlook 2003
I hope somebody can help me, I know it's possible to do this but i can't remember how i managed to get it to work. I'm on a lan connection to the internet that is alwasy on. I want outlook 2003 to check for new e-mails every time I open the program as opposed to me opening the program and then me hitting send/receive. How can I get it to check automatically? Thanks. Setting any automatic polling interval in Tools > Send/Receive... will also force a poll on launch. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Evan" <hardtarget83@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:7663...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

Mail won't automatically forward from outlook 2000 to another email account not on exchange server
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3193857361_3699260 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I have tried several times using rules wizard on outlook 2000 to have my mail forwarded automatically to no avail. I am in a small office running exchange 2002 I would like to have all incoming mail to an IMAP server account. Any suggestions? --B_3193857361_3699260 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-enc...

Monitoring user e-mail
Hi, I'm running exchange server 2003 on SBS, and I need to monitor a user's mailbox for all outgoing and incoming mail. Basically, I need a copy of all incoming and outgoing mail sent to me, without the user knowing it (a bit sneeky, but I just work here). Anyway, I did find one spot that will send all incoming to my account through the Active directory users and computers, but I can't seem to find it for outgoing. I've tried to search the message tracking, but I don't get the actual e-mail, just who it was sent to when I perform the search. Thx You can edit the...

Macro for Viewing mails one after the other in the Reading Pane
Hi, I am new to Outlook Programming, would like to know if it is possible to create a Macro which enables user to view mails one by one in the reading pane automatically (without him explicitly needed to navigate from one mail to other by clicking). Example: Suppose a user has 5 mails in his inbox. To view all five mails one by one generally user is required to click on each of them one by one. Same thing I want to do with a Macro. The Macro is supposed to automatically move the focus from one mail to other, thereby allowing user to view all 5 mails one by one in the reading...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Outlook 2003 Blank E-Mail Attachments
When I upgraded to Outlook 2003, I started noticing that the majority of my email attachments appear blank. The attachments that are not affected are files that are associated with programs other than outlook. For example, I can open and save *.doc attachments without any problems. However, when I open routine attachments, outlook opens a window which is blank. If I save the attachment as a *.msg file and then try to open it... it still appears blank. If I open the file with notepad, I can see the actual text of the attachment (along with the other microsoft-generated data). Based on th...

Outlook Mail does not see Outlook Contacts
Just upgraded to 2003. Using my old XP .pst file and now Outlook does not recognize any of my contacts when I write email. All the contacts are there in the contacts tab, but there seems to be a "disconnect" between contacts and mail. Please help....s. Right-click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box...does that help? SL wrote: > Just upgraded to 2003. Using my old XP .pst file and now Outlook does > not recognize any of my contacts when I write email. All the contacts > are there in the contacts tab, but there seems to be a &qu...

In publisher, how do I merge in pricing to my catalog from excel?
I have a highly formated catalog in publisher and want to import price changes via excel and the pricing throughout the catalog will automatically update. I want some type of place holder that looks up its price in excel. ...

template
I'm pulling my hair out on various sites trying to get accurate advice on how to create an email template and set it as default. I have explorer 8, Vista and Windows Mail. Please someone help. I'm nearly there I'm sure. Create a new message and format it as you wish. Then go to File | Save = As and save it to the Desktop. Then whenever you want to send a = message, click on that saved file and edit and send. steve "lindac" <lindac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:D5A76E25-95B6-43DD-B3F3-B4A6B000093E@microsoft.com... > I&...

Excel
I've asked this question 3 times now in the past year and every time I get a response from an "expert" who gives me a canned answer without really reading my question. Here goes again. I have Office 2000. I use Outlook not Outlook Express. I have the default font set in Excel, Word and Outlook to Century Gothic. However, when I intitiate an e-mail from inside Excel (File - Send to - Mail Recepient (as attachment), the little e-mail window that pops us is not full-fledged Outlook and the default font is Arial. How do I change this? It would have been nice if you had...

Can't view Reports or templates
Hi I cant view any of the templates or reports on my CRM webpage I think it has something to do with the registration of Crystal reprts I tried the earlier post of the correct sequence of crystal reports but that didnt help any suggestions Rick ------=_NextPart_0001_F8B7BC6A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Rick, What type of error messages are you receiving when you try to access a report through CRM? What user is starting your Crystal Services? Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warran...

In SSRS GUID shows up as Name when report uploaded in CRM 4.0
When we upload a new report in CRM 4.0, in the database the GUID gets stored as the name of the report, not the name you enter in the add report form in CRM. In 3.0 we didn't have this problem. Has anyone else had this happen? I had this happen. Have you found a way to stop this? "RSW1127" wrote: > When we upload a new report in CRM 4.0, in the database the GUID gets stored > as the name of the report, not the name you enter in the add report form in > CRM. In 3.0 we didn't have this problem. Has anyone else had this happen? > > ...

How do I import mail files from Netscape 7.2 to Outlook
I use Netscape 7.2 for my mail files which go all the way back to the last millennium. Since Netscape no longer has or supports a mail programme I want to shift to Outlook. But the only Netscape mail files that can be imported by Outlook are for versions 2.02, 3.0, and 3.01 + Netscape Messenger 4.0. Is there another way/program to make the transition? ...