upgrading to sql 2005 04-28-06

Hi;

I've got a very stable CRM3.0 deployment, running on Win2000 server and
SQL2000.  Because I just can't be happy with that, I was thinking of
upgrading SQL to 2005.  Anyone tried it?

Thanks

Dave

0
Dave
4/28/2006 2:13:06 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Iv'e tried it with success.
Take a backup of the databases and hit setup.
It worked for me...

--
Best regards

Casper Jensen
CRM Extensions
www.crmextensions.com

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I've got a very stable CRM3.0 deployment, running on Win2000 server and
> SQL2000.  Because I just can't be happy with that, I was thinking of
> upgrading SQL to 2005.  Anyone tried it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Thanks Casper, going to give it a try.

Dave

"CasperJ" <CasperJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Iv'e tried it with success.
> Take a backup of the databases and hit setup.
> It worked for me...
>
> --
> Best regards
>
> Casper Jensen
> CRM Extensions
> www.crmextensions.com
>

> "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> I've got a very stable CRM3.0 deployment, running on Win2000 server and
>> SQL2000.  Because I just can't be happy with that, I was thinking of
>> upgrading SQL to 2005.  Anyone tried it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dave

0
Dave

Normal Style font 04-14-10
I have Office 2007 and when working in Word I have 12 Quick Style sets that I use frequently. All of my documents are based on Normal style when opened. However, when applying a Quick Style set I seem to have 5 different versions of Normal!! 2 Sets apply Normal as Calibri/11, 1 Set applies Calibri/18, 4 Sets apply Calibri/20 (which is what I want all of them to be), 2 Sets apply Arial/12, and 1 Set applies Arial/20. How can I make all of my Quick Style sets recognize the Normal Style as Calibri font with a font size of 20? I have tried setting the Normal Style as that f...

Money: international version upgrades
Currently use MSFT Money Singapore version (2003). Looking for the upgrade to 2007. 1. Is there anywhere that MSFT publishes the release dates for their international versions? 2. I read somewhere that you can only upgrade from 2005 to 2007, not from earlier versions. Is this correct? If so, I assume there is an export-import work-around? Thanks. Hi The 2003 version from Singapore is most likely the International version. The last international version produced was the 2005 one. The only 2007 version is the US version, to which you can't directly upgrade if you have the 2...

emailing documents 04-08-10
I created a resume using word. When I finished I wanted to email the resume to several email addresses. I typed the email address and selected send a copy. I received a message that the email was sent giving date and time. The resume was never received by any of the employers. How can I email the resume from word? I am using microsoft word 2003. Word document and HTML e-mail formats are entirely different and largely incompatible, so E-mail it as plain text. E-mails containing attachments are likely to be discarded by corporate security systems, and the likelihood of an unsol...

Upgrade from Money 2005 Standard edition to Money 2008 editions
I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money 2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? For example, will I be able to upgrade/convert Money 2005 Standard edition files if I purchase Money 2008 Essential. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, nedcpa@yahoo.com wrote: >I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money >2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, >deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? You need Money Plus Deluxe ...

Workflow Manager does not start 04-22-04
I have new installation of CRM 1.2. While starting Workflow Manager it's showing this message "The specified Microsoft CRM Server is not reponding. This might happen if it is currently unavaliable...." or sometimes it gives "You do not have sufficient permission to run workflow manager. for more information , contact your system administrator. Please Help Rakesh I have the same problem. Let me ask you if you do have any icons for the WEB GUI I have the following shortcuts [Deployment Mgr + Workflow Export/Import/Manager/Monitor. I am quite lost and don't know wha...

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

SQL Compact 3.5 missing in VS2008proSP1
Hi, I have just tried to install / uninstall / re-install / repair SQL Server compact edition into my VS 2008 Pro SP1 My SQL Server works fine, However the compact edition does not seem to show in the datasource options at all. As a result, when I go and add a 'local database' I get an error. I have searched the net and can't seem to find a soltuion ( still searching ). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers' Miro Solved: I had to go to the cd and go to WCU\SSCE and run SSCEVSTools-enu.msi Cheers' Miro "Miro" <miro@be...

Microsoft Money (Premium) 2005 vs. Quicken Premier 2005
I am going to purchase one of the new products listed above. I plan on using the software to primarily track my investments. One of the things I find annoying about Quicken (which I currently use) is that there is not a mid cap category in the asset allocation section. I see the new version of money does offer asset allocation but does it include small, mid, and large cap categories? Thank You On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:51:05 -0800, "joel1" <joel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am going to purchase one of the new products listed above. I plan on using >the...

e mail addresses 04-21-10
Why does Microsoft Outlook go back to old e mail addresses that were deleted from my e mail addresses when I send e mail and not use the latest one that is listed? "streets and trips 2007" <streetsandtrips2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95A0C751-492A-4E95-AFB0-26B320FE97AB@microsoft.com... > Why does Microsoft Outlook go back to old e mail addresses that were > deleted > from my e mail addresses when I send e mail and not use the latest one > that > is listed? Because that's the Autocomplete cache which is entirely se...

One more SQL question
I am trying to write a SQL statement that will pull the tracking number from the shipping table based on the accountnumber in the customer table. I am having trouble getting the JOIN statement correct. Can anyone help? Thanks, Nick ...

WORD doc compatibility 04 won't open in Word in Windows Vista
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I saved my WORD doc files from my 2008 WORD IMAC 10.6 Snow Leapord, saved in 97-04 compatibility mode, to a thumb drive. Tried to open the files on WORD on Windows Vista home edition. It doesn't read the files. The files have &quot;._&quot; before the file names. Why is this happening? How do I save my WORD files in IMAC so that they open up in WORD on Windows Vista? Did you actually save directly to the USB stick? It's highly recommended that you never do so. Always save to your HD, then...

Can't set up new user in Sql 2000
I keep a copy of Sql 2000 on my workstation for those clients who are still on the old software. About a year or so ago, my network user was changed from bev to bevk so it would be consistent with other users. I hadn't had a problem until now, when I was asked to test something on Sql 2000. The job failed to run because it still had the login bev instead of bevk. But when I try to create the bevk login, I get error 15401: Windows NT user or group 'MCRCORP\bevk' not found. I checked the control panel, and user MCRCORP\bevk most certainly does exist, with Administrat...

Anyone running SQL 2005/08 under vSphere?
We have been running SQL 2005 Enterprise on vSphere for approx 3 months now. On the whole everything has been fine, but I have noticed some strange behaviour surrounding the io performance. We moved from a physical box due to suspect hardware. A previous vmware capacity planning exercise suggested the sql server could be virtualised as long as the hosts had sufficient ram. We therefore ensured our vSphere hosts had plenty of ram (50GB each) and created a virtual sql server to the same spec as the physical box. The underlying storage is a dedicated raid 10 RG on a clariion cx4. All c...

upgrading from office x to 2004
Hi, I'm upgrading from Office x to Office 2004 and am finding that the installer doesn't import the preferences (autocorrect, auto text, etc.) to 2004. When I look in ~/library/preferences/microsoft I find 2 versions of all the preference files (Powerpoint Settings (10) &Powerpoint Settings (11)). How do I import the previous versions preferences? Thanks Hi mc, For Word--see the discussion on this page: http://word.mvps.org/mac/BackUpPrefs.html Scroll to the bottom for "installing a new version" section, then you'll have to read the discussion at the beginning/m...

Quickbooks Pro 2005 or 2006?
Which QB Pro version do you RMS gurus recommend using to maintain the most flexibility with RMS? I know QB2005 works, it is supported by Microsoft (and I have customers using it), and I have it installed in my demo system, however I do not think 2006 is "officially" supported by Microsoft. Although there have been some posts here from end-users who say it works fine and there are some enhanced features. Some have indicated there have been some database changes. If I was making the call, I would use QB 2005 Professional. "Ahmed Ismail" wrote: > Which QB Pro ...

How to manage all email by using CRM 3.0? 06-20-07
How to config CRM to receive all email from many different email account in many different email service provider as hotmail?I cant do it in CRM Email Router? @Rimbecano If you add the e-mail address to the account or to one of the contacts of the account, e-mails that come in will be linked to the account or contact. If the e-mail is linked to the contact and the contact is linked to the account the e-mails will also show up in the account activities view. @chaolex You can only track incoming and outgoing e-mails on the Exchange server. You can not connect to hotmail/yahoo/gmail etc. etc...

Shared Calendar 01-29-06
Hi, 1)A Lot of my clients are asking me if they can view other users CRM 3.0 calendars, 2)and if they can create and assign other users tasks and calendars appointments. 3) Is Microsoft CRM 3.0 a single user product or is it for multiple users. IE...does everyone see the same database. Does everyone see all the same accounts and contacts as everyone else or does everyone have their own contacts and accounts. Thanks Elvis CRM 3.0 is a multiple user product. You can set priviliges (user rights) and allow users to see only relevant part of database. Answer to other questions is Yes....

Unable to Promote Appointments to CRM from Outlook Calendar 11-15-06
Hello, I have the problem above in some of my clients (only calendar items, neither tasks nor emails). I assigned them system administrator role and the error persists. In addition, sometimes, when they try to see CRM from Outlook, they get the error "the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid". Any help? Thanks, Elena ...

Product Key 04-02-10
After downloading MS Office 2007 Trial, I was excited to see OneNote and thought I could work with it to organize my digital images. When asked for the Product Key I had copied and pasted it, I was told it was invalid. I only remember being given one for the whole package. Do I need a separate Product Key for OneNote? OneNote comes as a stand-alone program as well as in the suite with Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and also with Office 2007 Ultimate Edition. If you have a product key for any other Office 2007 suite product, it will not work with OneNote. "jbm&...

Money 2005 SB / Invoice Designer BUG
I have read a number of you are having this same issue. When I created my first invoice and saved it, and closed invoice designer, it was not in the list when I opened it next. So I created it again, and this time exported it so I knew where the INV file was saved. I then went to import it into Money and got an error saying it could not be imported because Money cannot import files created before July, 2002. WTF? I contacted live chat support who said the issue was too complex and to call MS support at 425-635-2030 but this is obviously a bug so I know there won't be a work ...

SQL Statement -populating supplier information
I need help with an SQL statement that will populate a specific supplier to different items, based on the item department or category. Thanks in advance. HaikHR@gmail.com ...

SQL Agent error on installation
Sorry to re-post but this is REALLY frustrating...... I'm trying to install CRM and getting stuck on the SQL server step. After I select my SQL server (seperate W2K machine w/SP4, same AD domain, SQL has SP3), I get this error: "SQL Server Agent must be running on the specified SQL Server" They are both on the same Active Directory domain and the SQL server runs fine (Agent is running and gives no error). I've tried having the SQL server and Agent services started by the domain administrator, and that didn't change anything. I made sure the domain admin has a SQL login ...

where to get: XLODBC.XLA (SQL.REQUEST FUNCTION PROGRAM ADD-IN)
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.6355.6408) SP1 I would like to use the sql.request function. In the excel help it is mentionned that I need to install the add-in program "XLODBC.XLA", which should be downloadable from office.microsoft.com. Unfortunately I can't find it? Has someone an idea where I can download this idea, perhaps you can post an url? Many thanks! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288118 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Didier Wiroth" <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu> wrote in message news:4251...

Can You Use SQL Max() Function Based on Variable From Form
Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to execute a SQL query at runtime, from a Form, and to alter the query programmatically based on a value (variable) passed from the Form to the query. I am looking to obtain a max value of a number based that is related to the variable that will (hopefully) be passed from the Form to the query at runtime. Thanks, Cindy -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 There are a number of ways this can be accomplished using VBA. One is to build the query programmatically. Another i...

CRM 1.2 Upgrade
Receiving MSCRM Platform Errors after the 1.2 upgrade. I have noticed that the Framework for 1.1 and 1.0 are installed in Add/Remove Programs. Is this correct? Also on the clients, there are some that the MSSQL Agent will not run or show an instance for that particular machine? Help.... did you get any errors during the upgrade? "kmd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c1b001c4524d$6b57eba0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Receiving MSCRM Platform Errors after the 1.2 upgrade. I > have noticed that the Framework for 1.1 and 1.0 are > installe...