Upgrading From CRM Trial to Full Version

Hi,
    We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for
the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it
under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the
trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible
upgrade the trial version via a CD?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You possibly will have a product key in eOpen (online tool)  If so you can
use license manager on the CRM server to apply the server and user licenses.

Check with your supplier if this is the case..
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Andrew" wrote:

> Hi,
>     We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for
> the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it
> under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the
> trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible
> upgrade the trial version via a CD?

Hello,

I work with several volume license customers. They found the key on the
backside of the CD sleeve that was sent to them. So I hope you don't lost the
CD....

I live in the Netherlands, I don't know if this also is true for other
countries.

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> You possibly will have a product key in eOpen (online tool)  If so you can
> use license manager on the CRM server to apply the server and user licenses.
>
> Check with your supplier if this is the case..
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Andrew" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >     We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for
> > the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it
> > under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the
> > trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible
> > upgrade the trial version via a CD?

Import Updates to Data in the CRM
Hello! I have a need to import a large amount (at least a few thousand) of data updates into my CRM - this is specifically limited to Client data, which may make it easier. On a quarterly basis I receive a file containing updated statistics, addresses, etc for my clients, and I need to batch update my CRM with this information. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks! Nolan I am a newbie but I have been using this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb291036.aspx#mbs_crmbulkim_topic4 I think there are some built in ways to do simple imports as well. Mark "...

MS Outlook toolbar does not have CRM toolbar installed
I have a user running on a XPSP2 machine with Outlook 2K3 with CRM 3 installed. The CRM install is for online only. Recently, the ability to 'track in CRM' has not been functioning. After looking at the laptop myself, the CRM toolbar is enabled however nothing in CRM is functioning. It will highlight as you move the cursor over the different buttons but nothing responds. All updates have been installed and there is only one patch for CRM installed, KB913270. I've checked Event Viewer and do not see any errors. I have also tried disabling and then enabling the tool bar again ...

Problem with changeing font on visio 2003 in polish version of it.
Hello I'm using Visio 2003 (polish version) and windows XP (also polish version). I don't know what happend but since last few days I had a problem with visio. When I'm trying to change font in box on the diagram I get error message saying "Number is not valid" and change don't change. any kind of help will be pleased Gorgo ...

Troubleshooting same Word versions
In our office, my coworker and I have the same version of WORD and XP, but her view of the exact same document is different (wrong). Mine shows up correctly. We've checked everything we know to check such as VIEW, Tools, Page Setup, settings, etc...and everything matches. Any ideas? Thanks, Peg In what way(s) does it differ? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56038D34-3FEC-4386-9DFD-5FF94B50861E@microsoft.com... &...

Incompatible CRm database
Dear CRM man, I have Microsoft CRM 3.0 that was upgrade from CRM 1.2. The SQL 2000 installed on same machine with CRM 3.0. And we have a mapping entity problem in CRM that make us to repair CRM. Microsoft already remote our CRM machine, but they were surrendered So we decide to troubleshoot this problem by ourselves Anyway, we have read from "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementing Guide.PDF" (page 21-1, 173) So we decide to uninstall, and leave the database intact... before did it, we have also backup all customization, and all custom reports... after that, we try to restart the system...

Stop using a separate time zone in CRM. Use the Windows time zone
-- Robert Green IT Manager All-Tex Exteriors ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=70fd107c-25b3-4c92-b1d4-f371d6a174e6&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

Email in Outlook and CRM
Once I Track and email in CRM, can I now delete it on the exchange server? Will it still be in the CRM or is it really just a link? -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Once you've tracked an Outlook email in CRM it will remain in the CRM Server even if the email is removed from Outlook/Exchange. The only way to remove it from CRM is to delete it from CRM. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Kyle Conquy" <KyleConquy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82E4CBA3-9398-476D-AF8E-C00...

Exchange Full Administrator
I was unable to install "MS Exchange Messaging And Collaboration Services". It always prompt that it requires "Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level". What are the "Exchange Full Administrator role"? Generally it will be the account that you ran forestprep with, although you can specify other accounts as Exchange Full Administrators. First install System Manager. Once its installed launch it, right click on the Organization object, and click delegate control. Go through this wizard to find out the account that already has the proper rights, ...

noncommercial header still shows after upgrade
how we get this changed? Uninstall all versions of Office, install the upgrade and when it asks where the qualifying product is, insert the HSE disk and point to it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rjmorgan01" <rjmorgan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B017ECB-B2A8-4050-BD8D-AC9C63B1E2DB@microsoft.com... > how we get this changed? ...

How to tell if the Exchange version is enterprise
How to tell if the Exchange version is enterprise. I just took over an exchange environment and i need to know if the exchange server they installed is enterprise or not http://www.petri.co.il/what's_my_exchange_2000_2003_version.htm -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - we know IT www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "AJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:301bf01c46dad$143872b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How to t...

How to get file and product version number ?
Hi , I want to get file version and product version from ".rc" file. BUT instead of theses File version : 1,1,0,0 Product version : 2,0,0,1 my function return theses values : dfileversionLs = 7864320 dfileversionMs = 655380 dproductversionLS = 65536000 dproductversionMS = 327680 dstructversion = 65536 Variables are in my following code : HRESULT GetFileVersion(char *filename,char* sversion) { VS_FIXEDFILEINFO pvsf; DWORD dwHandle; DWORD cchver = GetFileVersionInfoSize(filename,&dwHandle); if (cchver == 0) return LastError(); char* pver = new char[cchv...

Process map about CRM 3.0
Hello! I'm looking for the process map about CRM. I need it to know the entities which I have to use. Very thanks for your help. ...

CRM Deployment/Schema Changes in 1.2
Just came across an oddity in CRM 1.2. Some may remember that 1.0 had a habit of doubling field sizes in exported schemas. In 1.2, rather than fix the export, they modified the import to half the size of imported fields. That makes sense ;) Why not just fix the export? So if you're doing unsupported things like manually adding fields to the CRM 1.2 schema, make sure you enter double the size that you actually want created, or you may run into a "data out of range" error. Mike For v1.0 I ran into that very issue for a customer that had a huge number of fields and spent way...

CRM 3.0
Hello all! Please let me know how could I customize the navigation panes. For example, I would like to remove links to Quotes, Orders and Invoices that appear in the navigation pane on the left of the Opportunity form. Thank you, Hrvoje On 22 jan, 09:31, "Hrvoje Vrbanc" <hrvo...@recro.hr> wrote: > Hello all! > > Please let me know how could I customize the navigation panes. For example, > I would like to remove links to Quotes, Orders and Invoices that appear in > the navigation pane on the left of the Opportunity form. > > Thank you, > Hrvoje I...

Upgrading from 2004 to 2005
I am considering upgrading from Money 2004 to 2005. Would it be best to uninstall Money 2004, before installing Money 2005? Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I am considering upgrading from Money 2004 to 2005. Would it be best to >uninstall Money 2004, before installing Money 2005? No. You can copy your Money 2004 file to a name such as rod05.mny. When you install Money 2005, it will ask if it should uninstall previous versions. Say no. Then let Money 2005 create a new empty file without a Passport (select Decline). Do an internet update and confirm that Money 2005 is ...

Problems installing Sample Database on SBS2K3,CRM 1.2
When running the sample databse wizard I get the error message "The currently logged-on user does not have a Microsoft CRM license. Please contact your system administrator." I'm using the same account I used to install CRM, the administrator account. I have no problem bringing up MS CRM (http://mscrm) & logging in with this account on the server, however it isn't listed under users in Settings>Business Unit Settings>Users. Also, its not listed in the deployment manager under user manager>Adventure Works Cycle. I've found 1 reference to this specifi...

Reports Missing after Upgrade
I upgraded a client to 4.0 and after the upgrade all of the default reports are missing. I can get the report server URL. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks, Jeremy ...

sql server conflicts between versions?
Hi, I am using firebird 2.0 database for my application. It runs at our client site very well. But one day it did not work. Finally we found the client installed some other application, that used lower version of firebird. Now we are planning rewrite our application in .net and use sql server express as database. Since much more applications use sql server than firebird, will the firebird problem happens in sql server as well? I mean if I use sql server 2008 express, if my client installs different versions of sql server or sql server express before or after installing my app...

evaluation version of server 2003
Hello everybody, is it possible to find somewhere in the web the evaluation version of Windows server 2003. I need this version for a test network, because all my custumers have this version of server. Thanks Uwe "Uwe Conradi" <conradi@arcor.de> wrote in message news:#IyuP4Y3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello everybody, > is it possible to find somewhere in the web the evaluation version of > Windows server 2003. I need this version for a test network, because all > my custumers have this version of server. > Thanks > Uwe I&#...

CRM 3.0 Relationship entity
Hi everybody, I have a question about creating relationships between entities. Currently, I need to create bunch of relationships from each opportunity to multiple accounts.I defined all the roles for these accounts and created the relationships from opportunity to account successfully but the problem is when I go to the corresponding account, I can not see the relationship created from the account to the opportunity.It obviously creates the relationship,one-way, from opportunity to account and does not automatically creates the backward relationship. Is there a way to automate the two...

Printable manuals GP version 10.0 on Windows 7
Hi, I have a client that has installed Windows 7 Professional client operating system. They are on version 10.0. The Printable manuals that are accessed via the ? help button do not open. The table of contents of the manuals is available but when you click on a particular series it does not open. They have installed Adobe PDF version 9 latest service packs but this has not fixed the issue. If i locate the manual through windows explore and the documentation folder under GP i can open the manual. Can anyone assist? Thanks -- Geoff James ...

Error while connecting to Datasource for CRM Dashboard
I created a new document on sharepoint site, then i draged the Office PivotChart from Web Part List. When i click on Connect to an external data source I am getting the following error Internet explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close add-on name : OWC11.DLL Version of IE is 7.0 MS Office installed is : Office 2003 Any Ideas.. ...

CRM Email 05-12-04
I just installed SFO successfully, however whn i try to send send an email that i created using the crm email button it fails to send. A Microsoft CRM box comes up: "An error has occured. For more information contact your system administrator." Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA Hi Jose: Is your Exchange connection OK? Can you send email from Outlook via Exchange (i.e. not a CRM email)? Does an nslookup <server> from the client resolve correctly to the server? Also, try this, Go to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\web and edit the web.config file to...

Full-Text
I am getting an error that says "Specified Module not to be found" when choosing full-text indexing tab in Exchange System Manager. My system is Exchange 2003, and Windows 2003. Picture screenshot is attached. ...