Upgrade to 3.0 with named instance in SQL

So, I've read SQL instances are not supported for 3.0....

Now I am faced with the challenge of moving my SQL databases to another SQL
server using the default server and then moving them back after reinstalling
SQL?  Here is my setup:
CRM Server has CRM 1.2 installed along with SQL
DC is seperate from CRM server

Does anyone know of any instructions on doing this?  I've looked at the
redeployment tools, but believe they are directing me to start with a
seperate OU in AD?.?  Thanks for the help.  I would have thought the gurus at
MS would have thought of this.....

Thanks,
James
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi James

There IS  a way of installing CRM 3.0 on a named instance of SQL Server.
I am in the same boat and came across this article
http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/06/23/Name_your_Instance_SQL_Instance_that_is_in_Microsoft_CRM_3.aspx.

I have just logged this call on PartnerSource
(https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/) and awaiting their response.

Regards

--
Sleep when you're dead!!