Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 and migrate to x64

We are currently running CRM 3.0 Pro on a 32 bit machine.  My ultimate goal
is to upgrade to 4.0 x64.  Is there any easy way to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to
CRM 4.0 and migrate the system to an x64 implementation?

I appreciate any help you can give.
0
adam1685 (340)
1/30/2008 9:14:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think you have to upgrade your existing 32-bit machine to 4.0 first. Then
install CRM 4.0 on the x64 machine and during installation point it to the
existing databases.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> We are currently running CRM 3.0 Pro on a 32 bit machine.  My ultimate
> goal
> is to upgrade to 4.0 x64.  Is there any easy way to upgrade from CRM 3.0
> CRM 4.0 and migrate the system to an x64 implementation?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give.

Be careful with Action Pack CRM.  The version 3.0 license installed a
restriced 10 user intall that could not be expanded for additional users!
You have to uninstall and reinstall CRM with a new license.  I think this is
the same as the MSDN version of CRM

"Adam" wrote:

> We are currently running CRM 3.0 Pro on a 32 bit machine.  My ultimate goal
> is to upgrade to 4.0 x64.  Is there any easy way to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to
> CRM 4.0 and migrate the system to an x64 implementation?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give.
Hi Adam,

Hereby the steps that I think are neccesary for your x64 upgrade.

build a VPC.
Do a redeployment of your production environment into the VPC
upgrade your VPC to 4.0
Test the upgraded VPC if all functionality is functioning properly
Before production upgrade do the following:

Because the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server upgrade process does not support
server rollback in the event of an upgrade failure, it is important that you
perform
a full backup of your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server(s) and Microsoft
Dynamics CRM SQL server. This backup process must include any system
customizations not stored within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.
Customizations not stored in the database include:
• ISV solutions
• ISV web services and DLLs
• Non-Microsoft Dynamics CRM application Web sites.
If the upgrade process fails, you must restore the system back to its latest
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 backup. The database will remain preserved from
the Microsoft Dynamics 3.0 install. Once the restoration is complete, you
can rerun
the upgrade.

Then upgrade current 3.0 to 4.0 via a inplace upgrade.
Install on another machine win2003 x64 and do a new installation of CRM 4.0
x64 and use existing databases.

--
Best Regards,

Dennis Schut
CRM Partners
The Netherlands

"Adam" wrote:

> We are currently running CRM 3.0 Pro on a 32 bit machine.  My ultimate goal
> is to upgrade to 4.0 x64.  Is there any easy way to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to
> CRM 4.0 and migrate the system to an x64 implementation?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give.
0
Dennis (299)

IMF Filter #3
Ok, I know this depends on your environment, but what level is most commonly set for the IMF controls. As far as archiving/deleting and then for the junk folder settings. --John On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:40:30 -0800, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ok, I know this depends on your environment, but what level is most commonly >set for the IMF controls. As far as archiving/deleting and then for the junk >folder settings. --John I would set the SCLs high with No Action on the Gateway and test and play with the settings as your testing goes over time. ...

Using the sum function in a 3 dimension environment
How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft Excel? Need a detailed description for a research paper I am doing, ASAP!!!! Is this what you need? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C1) If sheet names have spaces use =SUM('sheet x:sheet y'!C1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul Hargreaves" <Paul Hargreaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24F4CEEA-3A12-4922-B72B-416A9584EDD6@microsoft.com... > How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft > Excel? > Need a detailed d...

Importing data & email from ACT! 6.0
Can someone tell me how this is done? I gather I should be able to go to Import, Import from another file or program, and then ACT! should be there as an option (but it is not). This is where I get stuck. if you are looking at importing data from outlook to act please find the attached link for more details http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/0/c2667caf1c0a2a0c88256c0f00512395?OpenDocum ent&Highlight=2,How,to,import,Outlook,in,ACT! -------------------- ====Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ====From: <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ====Sender: <anonymous@discussi...

Blank E-mail #3
When I send an e-mail it comes through blank to the recipient. How do I fix this Try typing a message in the body before you send it. Ray at work "Edward Moalem" <moalem@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:017e01c3a303$4eb4b180$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I send an e-mail it comes through blank to the > recipient. > > How do I fix this > > If your using SpamEnder it causes a conflict. And yes Ray I did type a message in the body of the e- mail LOL >-----Original Message----- >Try typing a message in the body before you send it. > >Ray at ...

Mailbox Creation #3
I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new user in Active Directory. However, recently, I receive confirmation that the mailbox has been created, but, in the Exchange System Manager, the mailbox is not there. I have checked for a possible licensing issue, but everything is in order. Any help on this matter would be deeply appreciated. Thank you. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:13:02 -0800, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new >user in Active Directory. However, r...

word to excel #4
The problem with using excel is that most of the staff don�t have it an the one that do panic :confused: , they are not a very IT focused grou (understatement of the year) -- over_worked_Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- over_worked_Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27149 ...

CRM 3.0 Reports Not Working in Outlook Client
Recently we had to republish all the reports on the SQL server (2005) in order for them to show up in the web client. They now do and can be run. However, none of our laptop clients are able to run a report. When a user clicks on the report link, they get the following error: Server error '/' application The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized. These same users can run the reports through the web client. I'm at a complete loss and appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Jason Little more background: CRM 3.0 and SQL Server 2005 are on different servers OS: Windows ...

Importing Customizations and Workflows from 3.0
Hi, I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file." How should I do that? It isn't possible? tks, Alex Unfortunately you can't export from CRM 3.0 and import into CRM 4.0 Your only option is to have your customisations on a CRM 3.0 server, upgrade the server to CRM 4.0, then export and import the customisations and workflows -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: h...

Reconcile #3
After balancing I bring up all unreconciled transactions. How can you select all the transactions and tag them reconciled all at once, instead of one at a time? In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >After balancing I bring up all unreconciled transactions. >How can you select all the transactions and tag them >reconciled all at once, instead of one at a time? Select to show only unreconciled transactions. Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction. Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the transactions until none are left showing. ...

Publisher Clip art #3
I have Microsoft Publisher 98. I have lost my disk! that contains all my clip-art. I can preview the pictures but not insert them. I have the Clipart file number (i.e. DD01658.wmf) but cannot find the design on Microsoft online Clipart and Media. There are several clip art images I am looking at right now that are that way. Is there anyway I can search Microsoft for them of get them somewhere else? Microsoft changes the clipart now and then. Much of the legacy clipart is gone from the Office web site. If you have a list of images you need, let me know and I will put them on a web pag...

Counting coloured cells #3
I have a list of percentages that are conditionally formatted and I want to be able to count how many cells are each different colour. I don't think you can do this with count if as it only looks for numbers or text and not formatting but essentially I want to count the number of cells in a range which are red/gold or green. Use the following UDF Function CountColor(rng As Range, colorRng As Range) For Each cl In rng If cl.Interior.ColorIndex = colorRng.Interior.ColorIndex Then ' use this for background color CountColor = CountColor + 1 End If ...

CRM 3.0 Faxing
Apart from OmniRush, does anyone know of any other Faxing software which is compatible with CRM 3.0 ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

Stored Procedurs for GP-8.0
Hi All, Does anyone have idea why , after fresh installation and creating company using correct way - have not received any error while installation / or Creating Company the stored procedures name start with "SVC_------------' and "zDP_SVC----------" did not copied in company's DB. if so how to copy these Stored Procedures back to the DB - I m using Great Plains 8.0 - SQL-2000 with complete finance , Purchase, inventory , Sales Order Processing and Payroll . Also can i know the numbers of strored procedues and views that creates by default using each modu...

Joining 3 Queries That Count
I am trying to decipher the “status” of records in my table based on two date fields and the name of the agent assigned to each record. The fields are as follows: SUPPORT MGR (Name) DC (Date Completed) Follow-up Date I have 3 separate queries based on these fields that work as follows: a) Completed SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count([Master Table].[MERCHANT ID]) AS [# COMPLETED] FROM [Master Table] WHERE ((([Master Table].DC) Between [Start Date] And [End Date])) GROUP BY [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR]; b) In Follow-Up SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count(...

Migrate MS Money Plus Premium to a different computer
I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC, activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any recommendations on doing this would be appreciated. Thank you In microsoft.public.money, Sergey S <Sergey S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was >installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay...

MSP Patch upgrade.
Hello, I hpe someone can help me out with the MSP patchs. I am tring to add the latest patch KB923776 and I am getting the error of "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct update patch." I have read the artical "920827" and well, do you the kind of work load that puts on me. So far every computer I have tried this on has come...

if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ??
if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use =IF(A1="","",A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "WGeorg" <WGeorg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09FCCF25-D0DC-4B1E-BFA1-CEF9A9327C46@microsoft.com... > if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? > because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for > (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use this ...

Word as Email Editor #3
In order to use the Auto Signature function in outlook 97, we have had to disable the Word E-Mail Editor. We have found that this can be done through Tools | Options | Email or Tools | Use Word as the E-Mail Editor (in both instances, removing the tick out of the checkbox). However, the problem we are faced with is that everytime you resart a pc, the check boxes are again ticked and the auto signature doesn't work. Any Ideas??? ...

Last Value in a Column when Value <> 0
Hi, can someone provide me a formula that populates a cell with the last value in a column that does not = 0? Below is an example 3 6 7 0 0 0 The goal is to populate a cell with the value of 7. I am currently using the below formula that populates the last value of a column: =INDEX('Retirement Total'!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'Retirement Total'!B:B)) I do not however know how to change this to not populate the last value when it is zero. Your help is appreciated. Assuming you want the last *numeric* value that <>0. Try something like this: =LOOKUP(1E100,1/'...

Scanning quantity items 1.2 x $3.00 ?
I have rms set up so that you can enter the number of items...say 2 packs of cigs times (x) scan the item, and you get the total. The problem is sometimes an employee will scan 1.2 by accident (rarely), and then inventory is off, so is the price etc, and they don't catch it either...I found out because I ran a report, and it showed up with a 1.2 sale of a pack of smokes. Since we only sell full packs I new this was an error...is there a way to prevent this? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Money vs. Quicken #3
I've been doing a side-by-side comparison between Money 2005 Premier and Quicken 2005 Premier over the past week. I should also point out that I beta tested Money 2005 having been a loyal fan of Money since about 1999. The beta testers did point out most of the current issues and many others that did get fixed in time. Unfortunately, Quicken has problems that Money doesn't have. One, it's interface has always been rather poor compared to Money's. Quicken also seems to have severe problems with the process of accepting downloaded transactions. There appears to be no ...

Lost Folder #4
Can someone help me here I just deleted an email but for some reason the entire folder disappeared (its a folder I created which only has emails according to a rule I set up). The folder is not in the delte box and I know the folder exists because I can see emails going from the inbox to the folder. BUT I cannot see or find the folder. Anyone have any ideas how to find / restore the folder Please email me vik does you deleted items folder have an expand/collapse +/- icon ? whenever I delete an entire folder, it does not go into the deleted items folder, it attaches itself to it an...

CRM 3.0 Conveting Campaign Tasks into Tasks
I would like to convert Campaign Tasks into Tasks. The reason for this is that only Tasks are sync'ed with Outlook. Can it be done with the workflow manager. I had a look at it but without any result. Tnx ...

Opening Publisher Files #4
I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks!!! While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Winnie <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have > Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? Try asking the person who sent you the file to do a File > Save As... > Publisher 2000. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

PUBLIC FOLDER PROBLEMS #4
Hi, Using SBS 2003, exchange public folder get's corrupted periodically (every six month or so), in where I , as owner of publick folder object, cannot add additional records (messages, or emails) to public folder folders. Messages I get : Can't copy the items. Cannot complete the copy operation. The items may have been moved or deleted or you may have not sufficient permissions. I am copying them from my send items folders to a public folder. Any clues why?? I do notice I can copy some records, and some records not. Before I would re-populate the poblick folder from a backup pst...