Upgrade from 1.2 to 3 fails

This is what i receive during the install of CRM v3, any thoughts?

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
because of binding errors.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sean: Did you resolve this error? I'm seeing the same problem...
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Sean Donnelly" wrote:

> This is what i receive during the install of CRM v3, any thoughts?
>
> Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> because of binding errors.
I see the same error.

Did you find a solution? We are trying to upgrade a test installation that
we created as a redeployed backup of production.

We think that the redeployment process may have not been 100% error free and
that is why we see the error, but we have now tried three times to repeat the
upgrade with different cleaning up steps before the upgrade, and we are still
not able to complete the upgrade.

"MattNC" wrote:

> Sean: Did you resolve this error? I'm seeing the same problem...
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Sean Donnelly" wrote:
>
> > This is what i receive during the install of CRM v3, any thoughts?
> >
> > Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
> > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > because of binding errors.
> > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > because of binding errors.
> > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > because of binding errors.
> > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > because of binding errors.
This is a problem with replication data that was incorrectly brought over
during the redeployment. That's what was causing my problem as well. You need
to disable replication in SQL and delete the publications that were left over
from your redeployment. This is easier said than done. You may find that
replication is not enabled to start with, which will make it impossible for
you to delete the old publications.

First things first: If your SQL Server is named (local) you won't be able to
proceed. You need to de-register and re-register your SQL Server in
Enterprise Manager. This is a very simple process and does not remove your
data or anything. In Enterprise Manager right click on (local) and select
"Delete SQL Server Registration." After deleting the registration, rt-click
on the SQL Server Groups node and choose "New SQL Server Registration." You
should have your server name as one of the options when re-registering.
That's the one you want.

Next, you will need to run a script in Query Analyzer against the MSCRM and
METABASE databases only. This script can be found in the last few pages of
the "Upgrading Supported Microsoft CRM 1.2 Environments to Microsoft CRM 3.0"
document, which can be downloaded from microsoft. This script cleans up the
old replication data from these two databases.

After running this script, you will want to rt-click on your SQL Server name
in EM and view the Properties. Click on the Replication tab and click
Configure. (You need to have replication running so you can delete the old
publications.) Go through the wizard for Replication configuration. Then
delete your publications and then make sure to disable replication.

In my case I had to run a couple of additional scripts I found due to some
other errors that came up. If you get errors when trying to delete the pubs,
google the exact error messages and you should find some helpful advice. Once
you get through the error messages, run Microsoft's script and delete the
pubs and disable replication on your SQL Server, try running the upgrade
again.

Good luck!
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"kaspar" wrote:

> I see the same error.
>
> Did you find a solution? We are trying to upgrade a test installation that
> we created as a redeployed backup of production.
>
> We think that the redeployment process may have not been 100% error free and
> that is why we see the error, but we have now tried three times to repeat the
> upgrade with different cleaning up steps before the upgrade, and we are still
> not able to complete the upgrade.
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Sean: Did you resolve this error? I'm seeing the same problem...
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Sean Donnelly" wrote:
> >
> > > This is what i receive during the install of CRM v3, any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
> > > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > > because of binding errors.
> > > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > > because of binding errors.
> > > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > > because of binding errors.
> > > Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> > > Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D'
> > > because of binding errors.

Outlook XP Upgrade
Does anyone know if an upgrade to Outlook 2003 w/BC can be purchased without buying the entire office suite upgrade? You can buy Outlook 2003 for $109.00 by itself. Frank El Paso, Texas ...

Problem with Line Chart #2
Hi - I am having problems with my "Line chart with markers" where the "line" between the markers refuse to display. The chart has 3 series displayed in as a stacked column/single column and a 4th series as a line chart with markers. The line between the markers should display as a solid black line, but nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Ex...

Open Office #3
I have several OpenOffice.org files that I would like to open in Excel since we no longer use OpenOffice. Is there a converter somewhere? Hi The converter is OpenOffice. Choose "excel" as filetype in its SaveAs menu. As far as I know there is no easier way, but if you know how to program OpenOffice macros then it should be pretty painless. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:7EBFC106-3E61-4211-9C66-92F29983D5D1@microsoft.com... > I have several OpenOffice.org files that I would like to open in Excel since >...

Flags #3
Is there anyway to affect flags for multiple contacts at the same time? - Outllook 2003. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com ...

Tiger upgrade with Office 2004
I am noticing significantly slower response times to entourage, excel and word. I have also seen entourage freeze and need to be forcedquit several times. is there an update for tiger coming to solve these issues? Thanks, > I am noticing significantly slower response times to entourage, excel > and word. I have also seen entourage freeze and need to be forcedquit > several times. is there an update for tiger coming to solve these > issues? One of the MacBU employees said an update is on the way, but I don't believe it's specifically for Tiger, nor to fix speed issue...

reverse NDR attack #2
How do you stop the reverse NDR attack on exchange 5.5 server Block the IP of the sender. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Dazza" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300701c3fd25$37437190$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > How do you stop the reverse NDR attack on exchange 5.5 > s...

RMS 2.0 Reasons For & Against Upgrading
I would like to know if it's worth it to upgrade to RMS 2.0 I am still currently running 1.3R, and I know I should probably upgrade...but I would like to know if it's worth it??? Please let me know your feelings for and against upgrading! -- Thank You Vince :) I can only tell you about the downside, as I have decided to stick with 1.3R. Just search the forum for dongle, license, and activation. You will see the difficulties and complaints about the new licensing scheme. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:57B858DF-9FB3-4835-8069-E4...

Outlook Web Access #2
Really would like to know if there was a way to have a signature in this program. Can't find anyway to do it? Is there one? Not natively you would need a third party app "Kim K" <kipiib0@msn.com> wrote in message news:024801c34a34$ed8e0bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Really would like to know if there was a way to have a > signature in this program. Can't find anyway to do it? Is > there one? ...

Document Imaging #2
Does anyone have a recommendation for a document imaging solution that might will work with Project Accounting -- specifically PDK? ------=_NextPart_0001_63803716 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! I would recommend e-mailing usisv@microsoft.com to see if they might know of an application with this type of functionality. Best Regards, Diana Van Raden Microsoft Online Partner Support ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD ...

Exchange Monitoring #2
We have 5 Exchange 2000 server. What is the best method to monitor 5 servers? thx For mulitple Exchnage Servers I like MOM 2005 at www.microsoft.com/mom or look at other third party monitoring tools such as Promodag, http://www.msexchange.org/software/Reporting/ -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75766EF6-4D83-4AE2-B6C1-676130FABD7C@microsoft.com... > We have 5 Exchange 2000 server. What is the best method to monitor 5 > servers? > > thx Promodag ...

Popup Menu CommandBar OnAction FAILS in Access 2007
I have a forms that uses custom command bars (popup menus) which I build on the fly. They work great in Access 2000 and Access 2003. In Access 2007, though, the OnAction callback fails with no error message at all. If I right click on my widget, the popup menu is displayed. Left clicking on any item in the popup menu causes the menu to be dismissed. No action is taken. No error is thrown. Access 2007 help is non-existent. It basically says "search on the word Ribbon". I do not want to rewrite my application to use ribbons at this time. What can I do to get the OnAction call...

Free iPod 20gb! #3
Hey there, I just found this pretty neat site that is giving away free stuff, such as the new 20GB iPod, a 20.1" wide screen LCD monitor from Dell, a home theater system, a 30GB iPod Photo, or CASH. It is completely legitimate, and thousands of people have received their products from the free sites so far. http://www.tech4free.com/default.aspx?ref=397574 ...

Combining two publications #2
I have two publications. I would like to selct and copy several pages (a section) from publication #1 and insert them in the middle of the second publication. The pages in question do not have bojects linked to others outside of that section. The two pages in the second publication, between which I want to insert these pages are not linked. Would *love* if I can do this. Jane ...

Is Microsoft abandoning XSLT 2.0?
I've heard from a couple of sources now (including http://blogs.msdn.com/mfussell/archive/2004/05/13/130969.aspx ) that Microsoft will not be implementing XSLT 2.0 or XPath 2.0. Mark Fussell seems to indicate in his blog that XQuery 1.0 will replace XSLT. This makes no sense to me, as these are diffent tools for completely different jobs. Is this true? Brianiac wrote: > I've heard from a couple of sources now (including > http://blogs.msdn.com/mfussell/archive/2004/05/13/130969.aspx ) that > Microsoft will not be implementing XSLT 2.0 or XPath 2.0. > > Mark Fu...

Appointments error after CRM 4.0 upgrade.
Hi everyone, I've upgraded our testing system to CRM 4.0 twice, and both times run into the same issue with apointments. When you attempt to open or create an appointment, an exception is thrown: "[FormatException: Metadata provided to duration control must have a format property of duration, found ]" I've isolated the problem to be the "actualdurationminutes" field. Somehow, during the upgrade, this field was changed from format Duration to format None. I've confirmed the "actualdurationminutes" field is correctly a Duration field on all the othe...

End of Worksheet #2
Hello. I have a worksheet that when I press ctrl & end it takes me to a cell way below where there is any data. What can I do so that ctrl & end takes me to where the data truly ends? Thanks much... Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm for resetting the used range -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany David DeBoer wrote: > Hello. > > I have a worksheet that when I press ctrl & end it takes me to a cell > way below where there is any data. What can I do so that ctrl & end > takes me to where the data truly ends? > >...

newsgroup problem #3
I have been accessing newsgroups thru MS Outlook for 2 yrs..tried to reinstall MS xp last weekend and ever since then, when i select 'news' in outlook, outlook express opens? i cannot figure out how to change this? Any suggestions would be helpful at this point Thank You Outlook has always used Outlook Express to read news. Nothing different here. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, db asked: | I hav...

HTTP Virtual Server Instance 100 Fails in Cluster 2K3
I am running a Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Server Active/Passive cluster. One node was the Active node when one of our technicians was installing Blackberry Enterprise Server (I cannot be sure if this install is absolutely what caused the problem I will describe, however the timing seemed suspicious). He was unable to install the BBES because proper permissions to it's account had not been set properly in Exchange System Manager. We have since installed BBES and it is working properly. The problem that occured on Exch1 that day was that the "HTTP Virtual Server Instan...

Adding GDI+ causes DDE to fail
We have an MFC application that has worked well for years. It calls EnableShellOpen() and RegisterShellFileTypes() to register our application's document types. Recently we added GDI+ which caused an unfortunate side effect: double-clicking an application file produces this error: "Windows cannot find <filename>. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." The file associations in the registry look good and we have changed nothing significant other than adding GDI+. Does anyone know why GDI+ throws off DDE? Note that if the application is already open th...

#1 Problem
I apologize if this winds up being stupid-simple, but I have not used Excel in quite some time and could not find an answer in tutorials or on the web... Is there a way to put a number in a cell, but have Excel calculate it as a different quantity? We are tabulating rankings of product: People chose their ten favorite items and then were told them to rank them 1(highest)-10 (lowest). We're assigning quantities to their rankings: #1=15, #2=14, etc. We want to have their original rankings visible, but have the spreadsheet calculate based on the quantities. Is there a way to enter a 1 ...

Office in Hebrew #2
Does anyone know if Office 2004 for Mac supports Hebrew? <barakp@arnon.co.il> wrote in message news:1105216367.743538.299440@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if Office 2004 for Mac supports Hebrew? As far as I know, it doesn't. I recommend you check out this program which does: http://www.redlers.com/mellel.html It's cheap and can read and write ms word compaible files /Fredrik ...

Unable to send message to self #2
Some of my users develope a problem where they get an error whenever they send a message to themselves or a distribution group to which they belong. The error is basically the following: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 10/10/2006 9:46 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: My User on 10/10/2006 9:46 AM The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <myserv...

Exchange 2000 #3
I have a SBS 2000 box with exchange server 2000 running on a company network. Dns is external at another company (yes I know, i don't like it either) The dns server has one ip address, which is being used for another domain right now. They want me to point an mx record at them so they can get their mail server running (SMTP and pop3). What I have done is point an mx at mail.companyname.com, and then added the host mail, which points to their ip address. I think this should work, am I correct? Does anyone see any problems with this? It is not working yet, but I have to check the NAT and all...

negative numbers #3
I use Microsoft ME. My version of Excel is 97-2000 How do I show negative numbers in parenthesis? My version does't allow this option. Your version should have it - Format menu/Cells/Number/Accounting HTH, Greg "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006e01c3c004$0c025ef0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I use Microsoft ME. > My version of Excel is 97-2000 > How do I show negative numbers in parenthesis? > My version does't allow this option. Are you sure, I had that option built in for both versions. Regardless you could use a custom ...

Does upgrading to a HyperThreaded CPU require a reinstall of Windo
Hello, I have a P4 2.4 GHz non-HyperThreaded CPU on a machine running WindowsXP (SP3; all updates). I am planning on putting in a 3.06 GHz HyperThreaded CPU into the machine (all other hardware will remain identical). I have read that to maximise usuage of the HT CPU, I should re-install WindowsXP to have the MicroSoft WindowsXP Pro SP3 install the proper multithreading kernel. Is this true? Or can I just put the CPU in and reboot? Or...Although the current install wil recognise the HT CPU, to truly maximise the usuage of it, I should in fact do a fresh install so that...