When I enter the CRM license code in the Deployment Manager to upgrade to
Enterprise I get a message "The license code entered is not valid for
upgrade. Make sure you have entered the license code correctly, and then try
again". Do I have to reinstall CRM 4 to install Enterprise?
0
Yeshua (29)
6/30/2008 2:23:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

what is your current installation?   Professional?
 Have you entered trial version license keys ?

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 6:28:04 PM
Current is Professional. I got the key from our MSDN subscription which
didn't indicate a trial license. I was able to install the Enterprise edition
on a test server using the same key with no problem. I know someone will need
to upgrade to Enterprise and not do a new install. I just need to know if
it's possible to upgrade to Enterprise? Thanks.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is your current installation?   Professional?
>  Have you entered trial version license keys ?
>
> /Aamir

0
Yeshua (29)
6/30/2008 7:25:02 PM
are you trying to upgrade from msdn professional key CRM 4.0 to msdn
CRM 4.0 enterprise edition ?
if so  then enter the following key. if it accepts then cancel it
instead of installing .

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise
Trial key (no CAL limit):
QCKXD-BDH8R-G74H8-RDYHX-R4K4T

PS" read the following documen as the only document which i see is
talking about trial versions ".
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A9C110FD-AAC8-4D2A-B401-7801B1866E82&displaylang=en

available. This page will be updated with new languages as they are
released.

Each trial version can be converted to full use by applying a
commercial license key in the License area of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Deployment Manager. Reinstallation is not required.

Important:
MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM 4.0 TRIAL OR TIME-LIMITED VERSIONS CANNOT BE
UPGRADED OR CONVERTED TO MSDN OR BUSINESS-READY LICENSING (BRL -
DYNAMICS PRICE LIST) LICENSES BY APPLYING A COMMERCIAL LICENSE KEY.
Customers or Partners who begin with the TRIAL version of Microsoft
Dynamics CRM and wish to upgrade the TRIAL to either a MDSN or BRL
license, will need to perform a new install using the MSDN download or
PartnerSource product downloads (respectively), and import their
original Organization; OR, must begin their implementation directly
with either the MSDN or BRL non-time limited/production versions. FOR
BUSINESS-READY LICENSING PARNERS/CUSTOMERS OR DEVELOPERS WHO HAVE
ALREADY BEGUN USING THE MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM 4.0 TRIAL, please refer
to this Knowledge Base article for instructions and further
information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947272/en-us

Please be aware that you can apply a license key only for a similar or
a more advanced version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. You cannot
downgrade a full or trial version of the product. For example, if you
apply the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Professional trial license key,
you can later upgrade to either the full Professional or the full
Enterprise version by applying the appropriate license key. However,
you cannot downgrade the installation by applying a Microsoft Dynamics
CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server license key. Similarly, if you apply the
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise trial license key, you can later
upgrade to only the full Enterprise version.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 7:45:34 PM
On Jul 1, 5:25 am, Yeshua <Yes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Current is Professional. I got the key from our MSDN subscription which
> didn't indicate a trial license. I was able to install the Enterprise edition
> on a test server using the same key with no problem. I know someone will need
> to upgrade to Enterprise and not do a new install. I just need to know if
> it's possible to upgrade to Enterprise? Thanks.
>
> "Aamir Bashir" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > what is your current installation?   Professional?
> >  Have you entered trial version license keys ?
>
> > /Aamir

If you're trying to go from the Professional trial key to MSDN
professional then you can't. For some reason this combination just
won't work. However a normal Enterprise key or the trial Enterprise
key should be fine.

Leon Tribe
0
leon.tribe (293)
6/30/2008 9:18:01 PM
Upgrade from 4.0 Professional to 4.0 Enterprise only involves update the
license key.

However, the issue you'd encountered is the the MSDN keys cannot be used for
upgrades.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Yeshua" wrote:

> When I enter the CRM license code in the Deployment Manager to upgrade to
> Enterprise I get a message "The license code entered is not valid for
> upgrade. Make sure you have entered the license code correctly, and then try
> again". Do I have to reinstall CRM 4 to install Enterprise?
0
FrankLee (144)

Outlook across firewall #4
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Puma P280730 Stainless Steel IP 4 Star Mini
Price:$24.99 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000VB1FVG Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000VB1FVG Puma 4 - star Stainless Steel Pocket Knife. Carry the best of best for LESS! Packs all the quality of Puma in a tiny easy-to-carry package... a big bargain on top German craftsmanship: Plain edge, 2" stainless steel blade; Stainless steel handle; Lockback mechanism; Puma medallion inlay; 5" overall, 3" closed.; Craftsmanship that can't be beat! Order Today! WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Cutlery. Cutlery cannot be...

CRM token Limit
Hello, the CRM Token is limited (e.g. 0000 - 9999). What happends when I send a eMail after 9999??? greetings, Stefan It will start at 1 again. Crm just assumes that by the time it roles over the conversations have fininished -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Stefan" wrote: > Hello, > > the CRM Token is limited (e.g. 0000 - 9999). What happends when I send a > eMail after 9999??? > > greetings, > Stefan ...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

CRM V3 localized version
Hi Does anyone know any info on v3.0 localized versions (to be available in first quarter 2006)? I need to know if it will be possible to migrate or redeploy from v3 international edition to v3 localized edition? Thanks a lot ...

Strange Error (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I have a Virtual PC configuration set up for CRM demos. I have one image that has CRM 1.2 under Windows 2003 server. It is all configured and setup and running fine. I have another image with Windows XP configured. The two images see each other and communicate. From my Windows XP image I can access CRM both via browser and Outlook Client. However, occassionally I can't access the system via Outlook and when I try it via the browser I get a screen coming up with "Sonic Wall" on it asking for a login and password. If I enter in "Administrator" for the login...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Scribe Migration For SalesLogix to CRM
Does anyone know of any private or public Scribe templates for SalesLogix to CRM? Did you check the Scribe Community Web site? That is where they post their templates. "MD" wrote: > Does anyone know of any private or public Scribe templates for SalesLogix to > CRM? I did. Even spoke with our Rep there and they currently have no templates available. Seems it would be a conflict of interests. I'm not concerned about the main Enitities (Account, Contact, Opportunity, Ticket/Case), which are pretty simple to create. I'm more concerned about the Activities/Histor...

trying to split a stock 1:4
When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still have 18G left on my hard disk. In microsoft.public.money, Wei wrote: >When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, >Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not >be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still >have 18G left on my hard disk. I would try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the split. I don't expect it to solve the problem, but it is ea...

How do I reload an upgrade version of Publisher 2002
Please explain! The Subject is for the subject. The message box is for your message - the details please. "Tim Bridgman" <Tim Bridgman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4919EC1-99A7-4BCA-B430-6AC21643DCA2@microsoft.com... > ...

IBF for Microsoft CRM now available
Great news to pass along. After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for Microsoft CRM is now available. It took us a ton of work to get the performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite Microsoft Office applications is really compelling. You can download the solution from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en Join me...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Upgrade from 2004>2006 Advice plz
I like the free support which is running out for 2004 and will bite the bullet and go to 2006 deluxe. Any hints? (I remember that 2005 was a total mess) Thanks I have 2004 and it doesn't run out to 2007, that is when I'll upgrade. "jnsaunders" <jnsaunders@aol.net> wrote in message news:%23NFKjriPGHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I like the free support which is running out for 2004 and will bite the >bullet and go to 2006 deluxe. > > Any hints? (I remember that 2005 was a total mess) I skipped 2005 and am satisfied with 2006. Of course, it d...