When I enter the CRM license code in the Deployment Manager to upgrade to
Enterprise I get a message "The license code entered is not valid for
upgrade. Make sure you have entered the license code correctly, and then try
again". Do I have to reinstall CRM 4 to install Enterprise?
0
Yeshua (29)
6/30/2008 2:23:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

what is your current installation?   Professional?
 Have you entered trial version license keys ?

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 6:28:04 PM
Current is Professional. I got the key from our MSDN subscription which
didn't indicate a trial license. I was able to install the Enterprise edition
on a test server using the same key with no problem. I know someone will need
to upgrade to Enterprise and not do a new install. I just need to know if
it's possible to upgrade to Enterprise? Thanks.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is your current installation?   Professional?
>  Have you entered trial version license keys ?
>
> /Aamir

0
Yeshua (29)
6/30/2008 7:25:02 PM
are you trying to upgrade from msdn professional key CRM 4.0 to msdn
CRM 4.0 enterprise edition ?
if so  then enter the following key. if it accepts then cancel it
instead of installing .

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise
Trial key (no CAL limit):
QCKXD-BDH8R-G74H8-RDYHX-R4K4T

PS" read the following documen as the only document which i see is
talking about trial versions ".
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A9C110FD-AAC8-4D2A-B401-7801B1866E82&displaylang=en

available. This page will be updated with new languages as they are
released.

Each trial version can be converted to full use by applying a
commercial license key in the License area of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Deployment Manager. Reinstallation is not required.

Important:
MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM 4.0 TRIAL OR TIME-LIMITED VERSIONS CANNOT BE
UPGRADED OR CONVERTED TO MSDN OR BUSINESS-READY LICENSING (BRL -
DYNAMICS PRICE LIST) LICENSES BY APPLYING A COMMERCIAL LICENSE KEY.
Customers or Partners who begin with the TRIAL version of Microsoft
Dynamics CRM and wish to upgrade the TRIAL to either a MDSN or BRL
license, will need to perform a new install using the MSDN download or
PartnerSource product downloads (respectively), and import their
original Organization; OR, must begin their implementation directly
with either the MSDN or BRL non-time limited/production versions. FOR
BUSINESS-READY LICENSING PARNERS/CUSTOMERS OR DEVELOPERS WHO HAVE
ALREADY BEGUN USING THE MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM 4.0 TRIAL, please refer
to this Knowledge Base article for instructions and further
information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947272/en-us

Please be aware that you can apply a license key only for a similar or
a more advanced version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. You cannot
downgrade a full or trial version of the product. For example, if you
apply the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Professional trial license key,
you can later upgrade to either the full Professional or the full
Enterprise version by applying the appropriate license key. However,
you cannot downgrade the installation by applying a Microsoft Dynamics
CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server license key. Similarly, if you apply the
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise trial license key, you can later
upgrade to only the full Enterprise version.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 7:45:34 PM
On Jul 1, 5:25 am, Yeshua <Yes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Current is Professional. I got the key from our MSDN subscription which
> didn't indicate a trial license. I was able to install the Enterprise edition
> on a test server using the same key with no problem. I know someone will need
> to upgrade to Enterprise and not do a new install. I just need to know if
> it's possible to upgrade to Enterprise? Thanks.
>
> "Aamir Bashir" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > what is your current installation?   Professional?
> >  Have you entered trial version license keys ?
>
> > /Aamir

If you're trying to go from the Professional trial key to MSDN
professional then you can't. For some reason this combination just
won't work. However a normal Enterprise key or the trial Enterprise
key should be fine.

Leon Tribe
0
leon.tribe (293)
6/30/2008 9:18:01 PM
Upgrade from 4.0 Professional to 4.0 Enterprise only involves update the
license key.

However, the issue you'd encountered is the the MSDN keys cannot be used for
upgrades.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Yeshua" wrote:

> When I enter the CRM license code in the Deployment Manager to upgrade to
> Enterprise I get a message "The license code entered is not valid for
> upgrade. Make sure you have entered the license code correctly, and then try
> again". Do I have to reinstall CRM 4 to install Enterprise?
0
FrankLee (144)

Upgrade from a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Prof. (trial) to CRM 3.0 (SBS)
Hello . I want to upgrade a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 from a professional edition (trial version) to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 in a Small Bussines Server. My question is if this is possible. I've found some documents to upgrade the program from SBS to professional edition and I supose thats the procedure it's the same for the other way. Thanks Miquel From Microsoft's evaluation download page: "The Small Business Edition trial version can be converted to a commercial Small Business Edition or Professional Edition. The Professional Edition trial version cannot be ...

CRM 4.0 Landing Page
Hi All, is there a way to have a picklist that is on the leads form be added to a custom landing page? Not sure what you are asking. It's very common to have a web landing page submit a form into CRM lead. We do this and have some free code on our site. http://blog.powerobjects.com/2008/11/17/web-site-to-crm-generate-leads-from-your-web-site/ This is very simple sample code. We validate the data (you can edit to validate the data for your rules). We then write the data to CRM. You can modify what data you collect and where it gets saved. This is just sample code. When the lead ge...

date problem #4
this is probably some rookie mistake that i am just not thinking of. i enter the date 2.19.1979 but it shows as 28905 & i can't make it show the other way. i have 3 worksheets in the workbook & only 1 shows the dates this way. i tried the obvious format cells option but it didn't change. its monday & my brain is not working right, your help is appreciated. thanks, e On Nov 3, 1:52=A0pm, evilyn <rdl...@charter.net> wrote: > this is probably some rookie mistake that i am just not thinking of. > i enter the date 2.19.1979 but it shows as 28905 & i can't...

Generating buil.log in MSVC 6.0
HI, How do I generate build.log in MSVC 6.0 for all the commands used for compilation and link with sequence in which the commands are executed Thanks sandSpiderX Mine always generates a .plg file - I can't see where I would turn off this feature. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120728516.576595.155320@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > HI, > > How do I generate build.log in MSVC 6.0 for all the commands used for > compilation and link with sequence in which the commands are executed > > Thanks > sandSpiderX > Tools...

External connection cannot authenticate users in CRM 4.0
I have CRM 4.0 installed with Internet Facing Deployment, so I am accessing the CRM via the Internet at: http://myorg.mydomain.com:5555. Everything worked fine for a year or so until today, when the external link is showing me the login screen, but when I type my username/pass it says: “Cannot connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM server because we cannot authenticate your credentials. Check your connection or contact your administrator for more help.” The internal link http://localhost:5555 works fine.. Please help! Hi, I hope your tried with multiple users.. and got the same problem.. It ...

MSDynamicsWorld.com, a Dynamics CRM Resource
Hello Everyone, For those of you who aren't familiar with the site, I wanted to introduce you to MSDynamicsWorld.com. MSDynamicsWorld.com is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM community's resource for news, expert advice, tips, best practices, white papers, case studies, and other resources. Keep up to date on the latest developments and information you need. Thanks, Otto ...

RMS 2.0 Access Denied
I've installed RMS 2.0 on one macine to upgrade from QuickSell 2000. I wanted to make sure the data base and hardware all worked before rolling it out to the floor. After using it for a week or so, I get the error "access denied" after I hit enter after putting in my user id and password in the POS sign-in screen. I hit "OK" in the error box and it goes right into POS, no problems. I don't understand what access has been denied. Any help on this? There is a problem with one of the devices on the register list, the net display, or the html status window. ...

Upgrade question, Office X to 2004
ok, new offer came out that i could not resist....buy upgrade to office 2004 for mac and when 2008 comes out, small upgrade fee....so i bought it. now, i have the program here and i was about to install it......then the thought hits me, what will happen to my emails and contacts in entourage, will the be safe? is there a way to back up the email files and contacts just in case? On November8Thursday11/8/07 8:23 PM, in article 1194582183.071213.155140@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com, "gtaylor@ifeme.com" <gtaylor@ifeme.com> wrote: > now, i have the program here and i was about...

Access to email other users in other business units in CRM
We set up our company as the parent business unit and had all of our territories set up as sub business units so that the regional sales people would have access to only the accounts in their business unit. The problem I am having is that when a sales person creates an email and selects to send to another user, only the users in his business unit are accessible to email to - which is nobody else. I tried setting up a team to see if they could access the user then, but no success here. Any ideas? MaryBeth Hi MaryBeth, you need to configure your security roles properly. Make sure tha...

I upgraded to Outlook Express 6.0, but apparently lost my inbox and sent items f
I upgraded to Outlook Express 6.0, but apparently lost my inbox and sent items folders. How can I retreive them from my hard drive? If they are .pst files how can I open them or access them? I'd like to return them to my Outlook Express inbox and sent folders that only date back to the date of the upgrade. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Scott ...

SSL for CRM site
Dear All, Recently i try to change my CRM site to use SSL as a requirement. the SSL works but all those crm links like "Activity", "Articles", "Reports" & the rest doesn't recognize. It always prompt that there's some forbidden issue of code 403. In the IIS i have change all mscrm services & other services under the CRM IIS to mapped to use SSL require as well. But still the problem doesn't solved. Have any come across this issue? Or what is the procedure to make crm use SSL? Best Regards Mick Lim The registry setting for CRM serv...

emails missing from crm!
I can see 2 emails in the exchange server's tracking center, but they did not come into CRM or into Outlook. The emails were responses to an email sent out of CRM and both emails had the GUID in the subject. Other emails do come into CRM or Outlook -- I don't care which, but these 2 didn't come into either! The missing emails are from the same address. Other addresses seem to work fine. Has anybody experienced this? It is not good. is it possible another contact has the same email address and crm has added the emails to the other contact? -- John O'Donnell Microso...

Steps For restoration of Enterprise Global Template
My Enterprise Gloabl template for 2003 has been corrupted and i want to restore back the version that was working fine. Can you please provide me with the steps and guidelines to do it at the earliest. Also i want to know what are cause for the corruption of the Enterprise Global Template. Ashish -- How do you know it is corrupted? What behaviors are you seeing that indicate it is corrupted? If it is truly corrupted you can restore it, provided you backed it up previously when it wasn't corrupted. To restore it, click Tools - Enterprise Options - Restore Enterprise G...

Installing Office Professional over Office
I am about to start using my G4 Powerbook (1.5 GHz, 512, OSX v 10.3.9) at work and just purchased Office Professional because of the fact VPC is bundled with it. I already have Office loaded (teacer/student pack) and wonder what will happen when I load this newer version? I think VPC is on a separate CD, so it will be very easy to only install VPC. The Office versions (word/excel/ppt/entourage) are no different from each other. On 5/24/05 5:45 PM, "stuart" wrote: > I am about to start using my G4 Powerbook (1.5 GHz, 512, OSX v 10.3.9) > at work and just purchased Office...

I can't query an XMLDocument with XPATH; every query returns 0 nodes
Please help! I'm using the following code to get an XML doc: string str = "http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?appid=12345&city=addison"; System.Net.HttpWebRequest request = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)System.Net.WebRequest.Create(str); request.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; System.Net.HttpWebResponse response = (System.Net.HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); System.IO.Stream inputStream = response.GetResponseStream(); System.X...

incorrect balance when upgrading from Money 2002 to 2004
I just completed installing Money 2004 over Money 2002. Thanks to Money 2004, my balance is now $624 Gillion dollars (bigger than even Bill's I suspect). The running balance column is nothing but red dollar signs. The payment and deposit columns, however, appear to be correct. I am running XP Pro. I received no errors during the installation. (I disabled Norton antivirus software during the installation). I can find no reference to this in the knowledge base or in the newsgroup listing (or I'm not asking the question using the right words). What should I do? Can somebody hel...

After CRM 3.0 install getting error when loading crm webpage
This is the error I get when opening the CRM website: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Precision is out of range for 'amount' field. Precision: 5, MinPrecision: 0, MaxPrecision: 4 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRange...

Exchange 5.5 and domain upgrade from NT to 2003
Just gone down the path of starting to upgrade the domain from NT to 2003 interim. So far everything has gone OK, couple of DNS hitches to start with which appeared to make the network slow but that's now fixed. Main problem now is exchange IMC. The exchange box has bee functioning fine now for several days since the start of the domain upgrade, however today it was necessary to start the NT4 Exchange5.5 box and that's where the problem starts. Since this is it's first restart I'm assuming that it's looking to the new domain and AD. All the exhange services start fi...

Trying to add new company to SBF: "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade."
Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this error? I'm using SBF 9, and even though I'm running SBF on the same server as where the SQL server is running, I get the dreaded "You must be on the server machine to perform the upgrade." message. Does the client not think I'm on the server? What table can I look at in DYNAMICS to see what server it thinks I'm supposed to be on? TGQ, Are you logged in via Remote Desktop? I've seen this error as a result. You may need to login directly on the server if you are not. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyna...

CRM 3.0: Report icon disappeared
Hi all, I am facing a major problem: The reports' icon for most of my users disappeared! A couple other people and myself are Admins and we can still access reports OK. The other users cannot see the report icon from the Accounts form, for example. When they access Reports under My Work, they get a blank form instead of the list of all reports. The only things I remember changing since it was last working are: - Rearranging most users in business units and changing which BU was parented by which. - I published the reports using VS2003 so now they are visible from http://crm-server/report...

Building MFC 4.2 apps in VC .NET
Hello, is there a way to build MFC 4.2 apps in VC++ .NET instead of having to buy VC++ 6.0? I have both programs, and I tried manually replacing the MFC 7 include and library directories to those of my MFC 4.2 directories, and then manually linked them, but it never works. It compiles, but I always get linker errors :((. Can anybody help? Thanks G ...

oma fails after sharepoint upgrade
After installing full sharepoint server I get the following error when trying to access oma; Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1805 Date: 07/02/2005 Time: 14:07:30 User: N/A Computer: Description: Request from user Administrator@server.local resulted in the Microsoft(R) Exchange back-end server returning an HTTP error with status code 501 Response: Content-Length: 0 Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:07:29 GMT Original Request: Content-Type: text/xml Depth: 0 Content-Length: 389 Expect: 100-continue H...

plain text #4
I want to change the way I view me incoming mail from plain text to html. Now *I* can help you do this! In the menu bar, select Tools Then select Options A dialog box will open. Select the Mail Format tab The first area near the top will give you a drop down menu with the different formats available. Select Html from the drop-down menu. Press OK at the bottom until all the dialog boxes disappear. -Kestrel >-----Original Message----- >I want to change the way I view me incoming mail from >plain text to html. >. > ...

Promoting email to CRM
Hi, When I promote email messages to CRM from SFO, the recipient name field (me) is shown as red with ? mark. An error message stating: "At least one recipient could not be resolved to the records in the system." (or something similar) I can however manually resolve myself by clicking on the link and locate in the User list. Can anyone explain why and what solutions are available? Much appreciated. Tony You mean Users as CRM Users? or just any contacts/leads? Some areas to check out: - Same emails in different records (i.e. Contact 1 and 2 has same email address) - Lead em...

Issues with timestamping in CRM 3.0
Has anyone had issues with timestamps in CRM 3.0? When I set a date through the UI, it will store it with the right date but with a timestamp hours back. I checked the user settings and the time zones seem correct. As a result when you pull up a lead in CRM, the date would show one day back (even thought the date is correct in the DB) because of the hours. I am thinking the UI does some GMT conversion or something but I am not sure. Microsoft CRM stores all times in GMT format. Each users local regional settings then modifies the time before its displayed. ======================= ...