Updating mapped fields

I made a mapping from account to a contact. The fields that are mapped
are the general adress fields. When I create a new contact from an
account the adress values from the parent account are used for the new
contact. So far so good.

My problem is that I want to automatically update the adress fields of
a contact when the values change in the parent account. This isn't
done automatically by MS CRM. Is there a way to do this? I've tried to
create a manual workflow rule that will do this, but that won't work I
think.

Does anybody have a solution or some pointer for me?

Thanks in advance.
RBakkers
0
rbakkers
12/4/2003 9:59:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is something that you'd need to write yourself by using a Post callout.
the mappings are only used on the initial creation of a record.

"RBakkers" <rbakkers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I made a mapping from account to a contact. The fields that are mapped
are the general adress fields. When I create a new contact from an
account the adress values from the parent account are used for the new
contact. So far so good.

My problem is that I want to automatically update the adress fields of
a contact when the values change in the parent account. This isn't
done automatically by MS CRM. Is there a way to do this? I've tried to
create a manual workflow rule that will do this, but that won't work I
think.

Does anybody have a solution or some pointer for me?

Thanks in advance.
RBakkers

0
Matt

update in the workbook by different users
I have a worksheet shared by 6 people at sharespace. Please let me know how can I control the parallel updates of all in the sheet. e.g Let us say all users open up file at same time t. If user 1 make some change and save it at time t+1. Then if user 2 is saving it at t+2, updates entered by user 1 will be missed out. Please advise how can I manage this using macro or sharing control. regards sanjay Don't use a shared workbook, you will always loose some of the data. Excel isn't design to handle conflicts that occur when multiple peole read and write data. Inst...

Updating Contact book
Is there a way to send a form to each contact in my address book to update (their physical address, phone numbers, alternate email addresses, birthdays, etc) and when returning to me, automatically tranfer the information (updating) the contact's information without manually entering all the updated information? I appreciate your help. I'm really new to this. (I still can't get my contacts from my yahoo account transferred over to my 2007 outlook!!) Google is your friend. Plaxo comes to mind but I have only used it once and almost ran screaming from the room when I saw wha...

Jscript Error and Numeric Fields erasing upon lost focus
Aarrghhhhhh! I am at my wits end with this one. I am getting the following error message when trying to customize a form by adding elements that has manifested itself recently (the only one in my company to have this issue). The worst part of it all (besides being able to manage CRM customization), is that in a regular form (i.e., opportunities) when a numeric amount is entered, the value is erased when the element loses focus (when I click save/close for example). Here is the error message, and what I (and my OPs guys) have tried. "An Error has occurred in the script...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

microsoft money 2006 deluxe wont update my info
i have had microsoft money 2006 deluxe and i uploaded it to a new computer, comp 2, well i had been using a different computer, comp 1, but for some reason the information that i inputed on comp 1 will not come up on comp 2. The program is doing its back up when i log off of the program but when i log into comp 2 as i said all the infromation that i added to my account while on comp 1 is not there. could someone tell me if i have done something wrong or how to get the program on comp 2 up to date without having to enter all the info back into it. IF Windows Vista, THEN DO NOT STORE ...

How to update/refresh/resize the systray after replace the windows clock with static
I been working on this clock replacement program because I never find any open source ones. I been having problem with the code and cant find a way to auto update/refresh my systray to fit my clock replacement. I already looked all over google and news groups. Take a look at those pics before I run the program http://69.50.187.114/~area51/before.gif after I run the program = notice I lost my AIM icon.... it overlapped the AIM icon. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/after.gif my program is MFC based. I decided to include my code for people to take a look at. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/Sta...

Field blanks after exit function
Hi there, I run the following code: Private Sub FShare__Coke_2LtPET_Exit(Cancel As Integer) [FShare: Total].Value = [FShare: Total].OldValue - [FShare: Coke 2LtPET].OldValue [FShare: Total].Value = [FShare: Total].Value + [FShare: Coke 2LtPET].Value Form.Recalc If [FShare: Coke 2LtPET].Value = 0 And [Price: Coke 2LtPET] <> 0 Then result = MsgBox("Price info entered - needs F Share info", vbOKOnly) Cancel = True End If End Sub However, for some reason the result (FShare: Total field) blanks out any information in ...

FW: Look at the important update
--ncxvibae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fcqlndwkjphudjthg"; type="multipart/alternative" --fcqlndwkjphudjthg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="otvymxqkwrxpcvuk" --otvymxqkwrxpcvuk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Inst...

Other field Determination
Imagine this situation...there are: Owners (tblOwners) Pets (tblPets, child records of tblOwners) Medicines (tblMeds, child records of tblPets) Owners can have multiple pets. Pets have multiple medicines. Easy so far. Here's the tricky part. The Pets can be of different species (cat, dog, bird, snake, etc). Depending on what the species is, I want to determine the other data that needs to be stored for the pet. So instead of just height, weight, age, as fields in the pet table, I want to see number of whiskers, declawed? if its a cat...wingspan, beaklength, feather color if its a bi...

Updating DataGridView bound DataTable from different thread
How I can add rows in a DataTable bound to a DataGridView from another thread. If I directly add it, my DataGridView stop responding. I am looking something Invoke kind of method. Regards, Manish ...

[Please help] 3 failed update installation in Win 7
Those three failed installation are with error code: 643 1. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (KB973924); 2. Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430); and 3. Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688). I used a toshiba satellite l505d-s5983. Please anyone can help me... Thank you in advance. You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052 You can ...

Updating IDs Using Junction Tables Without Combo Boxes
All, I am currently working on creating an input form that is designed to have contact information entered on one side of the form and land parcel information loaded into the other. The Contact information would be stored in the contact table, and the parcel data in a parcel table. I have a junction table, Owner that is designed to hold the Contact ID and the Parcel ID. My question is this, once the data is entered, how do I get the Owner table to populate with the proper IDs? I have previously created a database that used combo boxes, thus setting the IDs by that choice, but I don...

FTP Server Map
Is there any way to map the directory structure of an FTP server? I actually want to do 2 things: 1. Map the existing directory structure of my company's FTP server just like I would map a web site. 2. Create a conceptual layout of a FTP server directory (i.e. folder and sub-folders) Which stencils would I use? Are there any sample drawings that come with Vision or that I can find on the web? Thanks for your help. What if you mapped to the share point that the FTP server use, then use the Windows command (from the command prompt) called "tree". Pipe the output to a fi...

Mapping between Schemata while serializing
Hi, I'm looking for advice on mapping between different XML Schamata. The C# (2.0) project I'm currently working on needs to send custom business entities to multiple webservices, each accepting the same entity but in a different schema. As an extra complication the local entities are not serializable, so I have implemented ISerializationSurrogate to fill the StreamingContext with object data. I'm looking for a way to map the name/value pairs in StreamingContext to the target schema. interface Local.IEntity { DateTime startDate; DateTime endDate;} interface Remote.IEntity ...

updating user info #2
I'm wondering how I can go about updating users info in our network. We currently have roughly 1k user accounts that only display 1st and last name along with their display name, alias, city, state. No phone numbers or location etc. Best case here would be to allow the user to update their own info durring our required password changes and not be allowed to log on untill the proper feilds are filled out. Our users move from department to department, often so their info is wrong 90% of the time. Their info in Outlook will say the person is in city (a) meanwhile you come to find out...

How to display a msgbox if on data change if field value wasn't nu
Is this possible to accomplish? A field (MyField) contains some text. When a user changes or deletes that text, I display a message box asking the user if he really wanted to change the text in MyField. The way my code is set up, the message box displays after every data change. (I'm not very good at writing code.) Dim ChgAnswer As Integer, MsgTitle As String, MsgDialog As Integer Const MB_YESNO = 4 Const MB_ICONEXCLAMATION = 48 Const MB_DEFBUTTON1 = 0, IDYES = 6, IDNO = 7 If Not IsNull(Me.MyField) Then Beep MsgTitle = "Data Change" MsgDia...

Problems after Online Banking Update
After the recent online banking update, I am unable to use several of my accounts with online banking. As instructed after the update, I disabled online services to several accounts and then tried to set them up again. Alas, but many accounts that used to be available are now gone! My primary bank accounts (at Bank of America Military Bank), as well as Dell Financial Services, and Best Buy don't even show up anymore! I can't re-enable online services to these accounts because they no longer appear in the institution list during setup. Is MS Money working on the issue, or di...

Transfer custom fields to asst.?
I created a custom Yes/No field in my Contacts folder to let me assistant know who to invite to a party. I then exported my .pst file but when she opened it on her computer, the custom field wasn't there. When we created the field on her computer with the same name, the values (Yes or No) hadn't transferred across. We're using OL 2002. Is there some way to do this? This message is appropriate for the Outlook NGs you posed to but not for word.newusers. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word E...

Linking Page Fields for multiple pivot tables
I'm using the following code to set the page field for PivotTable2 based on whatever it's set as in PivotTable1: Code: Sub SetPagefield() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim pfld As PivotField Dim Pi As PivotItem Dim Target As Range Set Target = Worksheets("Chris").Range("B3") If IsEmpty(Target.Value) Then Exit Sub Set pfld = Worksheets("Chris").PivotTables _ ("PivotTable2").PageFields( _ "Month") For Each Pi In pfld.PivotItems If Pi.Value = Target.Text Then pfld.CurrentPage = Pi.Value Exit For End If Next ...

Save a record after update
Hello. I would like to add code to each field in a record so that after adding new data or updating data in any field the record will be forced to save, for example if I have the following fields installdate, installdescription and installnotes and I add info or update info in any one of these fields as soon as I am done I need the record to save. How would I write this?. docmdme.save "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07F77436-D45F-4632-A8F0-ECE961987E55@microsoft.com... > Hello. > I would like to add code to each field in a record so...

DST Update for Exchange 2000
I could not find any update for daylight saving time change for E2K. Is it same download as for E2K3 in KB 926666? If there is no update for E2K, what will be the issue? On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:41:24 -0800, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I could not find any update for daylight saving time change for E2K. Is it >same download as for E2K3 in KB 926666? If there is no update for E2K, what >will be the issue? Theres an update, but its $4000 AFAIK. Your OWA and anything that uses CDO will be an hour off. Thanks. This one hour off issue will be this year only or f...

Cumulative Security Update for IE8 kb980182
Hello, I have had the above security update for IE8 install through Windows Update. Has anyone else had issues? If I shut down the system, when rebooting, I get an error message " Cannot access Userfile: may be not on this disk". I am able to get around this by logging off as the current blank user. The system also has gone to Classic View with no option to change to the Vista view. The sidebar is also now opaque instead of transparent. I have a Compaq laptop with 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium, Mobile Sempron processor 3500+ 1.8ghz with 1gb ram. [Crosspost to W...

GAL updates in Outlook 2000 but not 2003!?!?!
Exchange 2000. Recently, I've noticed that when I add a new user, the GAL shows the names in Outlook 2000, but it does not show them in Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2003, The names can only be viewed when you use the drop down menu to show "All Users" in the "All Address Lists" area. Anyone know why the name would not appear in the Global Address List proper? I have already checked to see if it is hidden (it is not) I have also rebooted the server and the PCs running Office 2003. _____________________________________________ Remove "YoMammy" from the address to...

jpg from clipboard to image field in Access 2003
How to paste programmatically a picture (jpg) from the clipboard to an image field in Access 2003? With the desired field haveing the focus: try: RunCommand acCmdPaste Bill "Charles GUELDRE" <cgueldre@gsquare.com> wrote in message news:%23YA$7twcHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to paste programmatically a picture (jpg) from the clipboard to an > image field in Access 2003? > > It's what I try first but : Microsoft Access can't move the focus to the Image Control. I have tried with : me.Image0.setfocus and docmd.gotocontrol "Image0&quo...

How do I stop charts updating when I reorder the data
I have tried with Excel 2003 and I can start an XY chart and then change the order of the data by sorting to put it into a different chart without it changing the chart. with 2007 this does not appear to happen and my original chart changes. I would expect an XY chart in any version of Excel to alter when the data is reorder best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "j99harrison" <j99harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F513C55D-744D-48FB-AC20-BF9747DF50E5@microsoft.com... > I have...