updating lead attributes from the phone call form?

Hi all,
Bit of a newbie question here... :-)

Is it possible to update Lead attributes from the Phone Call form? And
what's the best way to do this?

The scenario we're facing is that the first follow-up call is to
confirm contact details and level of interest. It'd be cool to be able
to do this from within the Phone Call form, instead of having to
switch back to the Lead form.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

0
mikie
4/11/2007 12:55:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Mike,
Yes it can be done. Best option is to use post callouts. In your case, once
user will save phone call activity, callout will update the lead linked with
phone call. Details of callouts can be found at following URL:

You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"mikie.gallagher@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Bit of a newbie question here... :-)
>
> Is it possible to update Lead attributes from the Phone Call form? And
> what's the best way to do this?
>
> The scenario we're facing is that the first follow-up call is to
> confirm contact details and level of interest. It'd be cool to be able
> to do this from within the Phone Call form, instead of having to
> switch back to the Lead form.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mike

Thanks uMar,
Would it be possible to do something similar using the out-of-the-box
Workflow functionality?

Mike

On 11 Apr, 14:54, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> Yes it can be done. Best option is to use post callouts. In your case, once
> user will save phone call activity, callout will update the lead linked with
> phone call. Details of callouts can be found at following URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa680495.aspx
>
> You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "mikie.gallag...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Bit of a newbie question here... :-)
>
> > Is it possible to update Lead attributes from the Phone Call form? And
> > what's the best way to do this?
>
> > The scenario we're facing is that the first follow-up call is to
> > confirm contact details and level of interest. It'd be cool to be able
> > to do this from within the Phone Call form, instead of having to
> > switch back to the Lead form.
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> > Mike- Hide quoted text -

mikie
4/11/2007 2:27:47 PM
Hi,
Nope, Even if you want to use workflow than Workflow assembly is an option.
Again it requires custome development.

--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"mikie.gallagher@gmail.com" wrote:

> Thanks uMar,
> Would it be possible to do something similar using the out-of-the-box
> Workflow functionality?
>
> Mike
>

> On 11 Apr, 14:54, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> > Yes it can be done. Best option is to use post callouts. In your case, once
> > user will save phone call activity, callout will update the lead linked with
> > phone call. Details of callouts can be found at following URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa680495.aspx
> >
> > You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> >

> > "mikie.gallag...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > Bit of a newbie question here... :-)
> >
> > > Is it possible to update Lead attributes from the Phone Call form? And
> > > what's the best way to do this?
> >
> > > The scenario we're facing is that the first follow-up call is to
> > > confirm contact details and level of interest. It'd be cool to be able
> > > to do this from within the Phone Call form, instead of having to
> > > switch back to the Lead form.
> >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > > Mike- Hide quoted text -

As the phone call record is linked to the Lead record you could use a
callout to modify the lead form. Either way it will require some SDK work.

That said it is not critical to create a phone call record. You could simply
have users open up the lead record and work from that when they call the
lead.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

<mikie.gallagher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks uMar,
> Would it be possible to do something similar using the out-of-the-box
> Workflow functionality?
>
> Mike
>

> On 11 Apr, 14:54, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>> Yes it can be done. Best option is to use post callouts. In your case,
>> once
>> user will save phone call activity, callout will update the lead linked
>> with
>> phone call. Details of callouts can be found at following
>> URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa680495.aspx
>>
>> You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
>> --
>> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
>> our
>> feedback.
>>
>> uMar Khan
>> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>>

>> "mikie.gallag...@gmail.com" wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > Bit of a newbie question here... :-)
>>
>> > Is it possible to update Lead attributes from the Phone Call form? And
>> > what's the best way to do this?
>>
>> > The scenario we're facing is that the first follow-up call is to
>> > confirm contact details and level of interest. It'd be cool to be able
>> > to do this from within the Phone Call form, instead of having to
>> > switch back to the Lead form.
>>
>> > Thanks in advance!
>>
>> > Mike- Hide quoted text -

John

Bad Form Design
I had an autonumber error and have fixed that but the information I read suggested I have a bad form design and that there is no reason to have subforms that relate back to the same table. I am working from a database that was built by my predecessor, this was how he had it set up. I do have a lot of data fields and like that they can be organized in sections using the subform system, however, I beleive I need to change this "bad design". How can I make it simple to "skip to" the desired section of form fields without using the subform? -- Fairytale Y...

requerying a form
I've tried posting this a couple other times but have yet to resolve it. My apologies for multiple posts and any confusion this may have caused. I'm really having trouble with this and have not been very clear. Hopefully, I'm more crystal than mud now and someone can see the error. I have a form [frmPackaging] which has a combobox [cbqrytypes] that's part of the form's record source: SELECT tblProfiles.*, tblProfiles.Type AS PKType FROM tblProfiles WHERE (((tblProfiles.Type)=[Forms]![frmPackaging]![cbqrytypes])) OR ((([Forms]![frmPackaging].[Form]![cbqrytypes]) ...

Update formulae
Financial planning spreadsheet containing many long interdependent formula needs to be updated from 04 to 05. Is there some quick way of editing this (ie find/replace)? -- Fionn Hi, Fionn- The answer is "Probably yes", but will you please provide an example of a formula? If it was a simple search and replace you probably would have done it already. Is it a matter of changing a cell reference from 'SheetName'!A1 to 'SheetName'!B1, where A1 is a 2004 total and B1 is a 2005 total? ...

automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy
Dear all, I have root dc called test.com, child dc called hk.test.com and sg.test.com. hk.test.com is installed exchange2003 server. Now I would like to make sg.test.com to use hk.test.com 's mailbox store. Therefore I just install ESM in sg.test.com. When I create account, I can create the mailbox by using hk store. However, the "automatically update email address based on recipient policy" in Active directory user and Computer cannot in SMTP, X.400 etc. it cannot update the email adress from hk to sg. How can I do to make it update successfully? Thanks ...

Updating DRM For WM Player 11
Every time I try to update the DRM, I am able to go through the process of downloading it....but, when it comes to near the end of the process, I get the message "....unable to download update".... After that, the IE version 8 locks up....and I have to use Task Manager to get out of it. (This is the only time IE 8 locks up). Unless there's an alternative to downloading the updated DRM File. gary Does resetting the DRM store help? This can be done by followi...

Cannot view data entered using custom form
My company has a form saved in the Organizational Forms Library that users can enter certain required fields and then email the completed form to me. The problem is the email is blank when I receive it and I can't figure out why. I use Outlook 2003 and I get the emails from users using Outlook 2000 and 2003. I've attempted to have the users send to my co-workers and they have had no problems viewing the email with the all the data entered in the form. My coworkers have both 2000 and 2003. Any ideas why? I have no plugins or anything like that which might interfere. Stumped. Fi...

Sub Form to Unbound main form control
So I have a sub form and on the main form I have a text box (control). I have it set to the Link Child and Master on the subform. It works great except if I try to put a <0 in the text box on the main form. I want to be able to filter the subform data and in this case I want to see all te records that are less then zero based on the user input. Can this be done? Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" <...

Input form
I've asked a similar question, but I don't think I was understood.Probably because I didn't properly know how to explain it. So here'sanother try.I want a form with 10 textboxes numbered 1 through 10 as "Locations".When somebody enters a name in textbox "1", I want to record in atable the Location, "1" and the name that was entered. And again if aname is input into textbox 2, I want to record 2 as the location andthe persons name, and so on. If a textbox is left empty, then nothingis recorded in the table.How do I do this? As far as table design an...

form based authentication on exchange 2003 cluster
I have an enterprise version of exchange 2003 set up in a two node cluster.What I would like to do is switch to a form based authentication and add an SSL certificate. Question: is it possible to do without setting up a front end server? if it is, do I configure the same SSL on both servers? Thanks No you will need a front end. The "Enable Forms Based Authentication" check box is unavailable in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834637/en-us James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 16, 11:10 am, "Jason Zuc...

Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right? How come it is not showing that? Bug? I checked the computer with my AV and antispyware software: system is ok. Any ideas? thanks Are you telling us that when you go to Windows Update or Microsoft Update and you do the scan for Updates then when the scan finishes all it shows you after that there are 5 of them but it does no...

No "Updated" field in Bills & Deposits???
I just upgraded from Money 99 to Money 2004. In Money 99 when I manually updated a bill or deposit the word "Updated" appeared next to the updated item in the Bills & Deposits screen. This was very convenient and I used it all the time. How can I make this happen in Money 2004? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q34. "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060401c3da23$ad885750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 99 to Money 2004. In Money 99 > when I manually updated a bill or deposit the > word "Up...

Macro not working when subform is linked to form
Hello, I know this has to be a really easy fix, but I've fought with it all morning and I just can't figure it out. I have a subform that has four fields (PRODUCT, AREA, SPACE, RACK). The rack and space are based on queries that use the area as the parameter, so that the rack and space choices change when the area changes. This all works just fine until I put the subform in a form that links the two by product. Then I get an error message that says I'm trying to apply a filter and haven't selected an object to apply it to. Can you help me with this??? Thanks! ...

Listbox to open record in another form frustration
I'm about to go crazy here. I have records showing in a listbox (lstShortGoals). I set the double click event to... Dim Crit As String Crit = "[GoalID] = " & Me.lstShortGoals DoCmd.OpenForm "GoalDetails", , , Crit The code opens the form, but it displays a blank record (new actually), not the one specified. I've looked at the code as it runs and Me.lstShortGoals is set to the correct GoalID number. This is boggeling my mind. What could I be doing wrong? Could it be my form properties? Thanks! On Jan 2, 8:38 pm, "Todd" <T....

Populate Phone Call Fields When Created By Workflow
How does everyone else auto-populate the fields of a phone call when the phone call is auto-created by a workflow rule? My rule creates an "intro call" phone call activity everytime a new lead is created. I find it silly that the fields including phone number aren't pre-populated from the Lead. ...

The data area passed to a system call is too small
Hello, I have just tried to use some working VC++6.0 code compiled with the ..NET2003 complier and now get the error "The data area passed to a system call is too small" - error code 122. Can anyone help? Thanks, Clive "Clive Taylor" <CliveTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6C135E1-1D56-4385-A133-705B83041E38@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have just tried to use some working VC++6.0 code compiled with the > .NET2003 complier and now get the error "The data area passed to a system > call is too small" - error cod...

Field Service Call Management Template
I am suggesting that we have the ability to use templates when entering a service call in Service Call Entry/Update. We could have many of the items filled in according to the template making it quick to enter a service call and minimizing input errors. Thanks John Miele ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Copying a form to the same sheet using macro
Hi, Hope I can clearly demonstrate the problem=85..I am not so good in these=85. In =93Jan =9110=94 sheet I have created a form to capture the sales for wee= k 1. If I want to copy Week 1 sale and make another form in the same sheet using macro=85..how do I do that. When I copy week 1 form to week 2=85..next I want to copy week 2 to week 3 by clicking a command button and I would like to do this using the same code. Next problem is, I want the summary to add up in a =93Summary=94 sheet. Is it possible to add up totals as I include the new forms (i.e. week 2, week 3)? If someone...

scanning military forms
every doc i scan comes up in xml. but when i scan mil forms it will only scan as a photo. "cavscoutmaddog" <cavscoutmaddog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65A6C2BC-F8E3-4616-B645-CCC491C05503@microsoft.com... > every doc i scan comes up in xml. but when i scan mil forms it will only > scan > as a photo. ********************************************************************* Scan with what ? What is a mil form ? What type of photo file ? Is this a Word related problem? What version of Word and OS and are they patched up to date. Wha...

OL98 custom form
I created a custom form that includes a checkbox with the following properties: FIELD = Admin Action TYPE = Yes/No Format = Yes/No Property to Use = Caption when I created this new 'admin action' field -- it automatically selected "Caption" for 'property to use' and entered 'false' in Display/Caption. Anyway, when I print the form -- it gives a value of 0 or -1 in the admin action field. What I want it to display is either "yes" or "no" Pls help. Thank you. PS. I also tried using 'VALUE' in the Property to Use field...and it ...

Phone Extention attribute
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58949.D3784660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We are using ad 2003 ex 2003, I would like to see the attribute for = phone extention. I am not able to fine it. Thankyou Ben ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58949.D3784660 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DC...

should be able to view more attributes on the item list
I would like to be able to view more options on the item list like the other attributes on the general tab. I need to be able to distinguish between color and size etc. and when going to item lookup, it is hard for me to do that when just looking at the description or lookup #. It would be nice to be able to view any of the colums on the detailed item list and choose the look of it like on the reports (the part where we can pick what fields show up on the report) or just an arrow and the ability to sort the way the columns show up in the box. Right now if I am not sure if I am choosing ...

calling dll function.....error cannot convert parameter 2 from 'class CString *' to 'short *'
//This is dll function which i am calling to insert data short setQuoteToDB(BSTR* strDateTimeStamp, short* intMarketNo, BSTR* strMarketName, BSTR* strBid, BSTR* strAsk, short* intMarketState); // This is function from which i am getting data fom remote server void CArielProjectVer2Dlg::OnPriceChangeArielapictrl1(LPCTSTR SessionId, LPCTSTR RequestId, short MarketNo, LPCTSTR Market, LPCTSTR Bid, short BidDirection, LPCTSTR Ask, short AskDirection, LPCTSTR High, LPCTSTR Low, short MarketState, LPCTSTR Timestamp) // marketno and marketstate are define agin in program as CString for format ...

MSE Update
I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and I want to confirm the latest version. Thanks for your help. The version I have installed is: Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0 WSR wrote: > I had an update to the Microsoft Security Essentials this morning > and I want to confirm the latest version. > > Thanks for your help. > > The version I have installed is: > > Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1963.0 General webpage about Security Essentials at Microsoft... http://www.microsoft.com/security_...

Online Updates Failing
Does Microsoft plan to fix the failing online updates to Microsoft Money? Seems to be an issue they've been working on since December 8 with no resolution. I run the updates to my accounts, it processes for 20 minutes, then fails. Faulty product which Microsoft should either fix the major component or offer refunds. Yea really. The subscription is for "2 years of service" but for me was more like "2 days." "Help" wrote: > Does Microsoft plan to fix the failing online updates to Microsoft Money? > Seems to be an issue they've been working ...

Control Will Not Update
How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and re-opening it? It used to work fine before I converted the DB to 2007. Basically, a user keys in an item number, and I would like the item description control to populate after they move out of the item control field. The source for the form is a select query. Any help would be appreciated. "DJM2290" <DJM2290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3EE101D-A3C1-4E8F-8D9D-2D357A415638@microsoft.com... > How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and ...