updating accessmode in UI throws error

I'm using a fresh install of CRM 4.0 90-day trial.  If I log in as a
user with the "System Administrator" role and attempt to adjust a
user's access mode / CAL I receive the following error:

"The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions
to view these records or perform the specific action."

I'm able to adjust roles, add users, disable users, edit other
properties of the user, etc.  I'm just unable to adjust the CAL level
of the user once the user has been added.

If I try the same thing via code:

                systemuser updateuser = new systemuser();
                updateuser.accessmode = new Picklist();
                updateuser.accessmode.Value = CAL;
                updateuser.systemuserid = new CrmSdk.Key();
                updateuser.systemuserid.Value = UserGuid;

                TargetUpdateSystemUser updateSystemUserRequest = new
TargetUpdateSystemUser();
                updateSystemUserRequest.SystemUser = updateuser;

                UpdateRequest update = new UpdateRequest();
                update.Target = updateSystemUserRequest;

                UpdateResponse updated =
(UpdateResponse)crmService.Execute(update);

I get:

"Server was unable to process request."

The above worked w/o issue throughout the TAP, but it seems to have
changed going into RTM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-matt
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I just worked on this yesterday.
Note: I am able to manually just change access mode using the screens in
CRM4.0 (so not sure about that one?)

On the code side:

To add a new user through code I needed to add three more properties (from
version 3.0) (the three picklists at the end).
Hope this code snippet is enough to get the point across (I didn't include
all my extra functions).  It looked like you
knew how to create a user (just are missing some required values which
throws that error).

The three picklists get integer values (I used 1 for the email methods and 0
for accessmode).

I went into customization and looked at the attribute accessmode and it
looks like the first picklist choice does not have a value so it uses 0 in
the underlying table (most picklists start with 1).  Probably a little bug.

systemuser ent = new systemuser();

CRMSdk.Key id = new CRMSdk.Key();

id.Value = Guid.NewGuid();

ent.systemuserid = id;

ent.domainname = @sqlDr["username"].ToString();

ent.firstname = sqlDr["firstname"].ToString();

ent.lastname = sqlDr["lastname"].ToString();

ent.businessunitid = GetCRMLookup(sqlDr["businessunitid"], "businessunit");

ent.incomingemaildeliverymethod = GetPicklist(sqlDr["businessunitid"],
"userincomingemail");

ent.outgoingemaildeliverymethod = GetPicklist(sqlDr["businessunitid"],
"useroutgoingemail");

ent.accessmode = GetPicklist(sqlDr["businessunitid"], "useraccessmode");

try

{

System.Guid key = _crmService.Create(ent);

}

On Jan 9, 9:26 am, "Mark Andrews" <mandrews__NOSPA...@ddiworld.com>
wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I'm able to adjust roles, add users, disable users, edit other
> > properties of the user, etc.  I'm just unable to adjust the CAL level
> > of the user once the user has been added.
>
> > If I try the same thing via code:
>
> >                 systemuser updateuser = new systemuser();
> >                 updateuser.accessmode = new Picklist();
> >                 updateuser.accessmode.Value = CAL;
> >                 updateuser.systemuserid = new CrmSdk.Key();
> >                 updateuser.systemuserid.Value = UserGuid;
>
> >                 TargetUpdateSystemUser updateSystemUserRequest = new
> > TargetUpdateSystemUser();
> >                 updateSystemUserRequest.SystemUser = updateuser;
>
> >                 UpdateRequest update = new UpdateRequest();
> >                 update.Target = updateSystemUserRequest;
>
> >                 UpdateResponse updated =
> > (UpdateResponse)crmService.Execute(update);
>
> > I get:
>
> > "Server was unable to process request."
>
> > The above worked w/o issue throughout the TAP, but it seems to have

Thanks for the response.

I'm passing the values you mention when I do the initial create.  I
can create the user w/o issue, but if I want to update the user I get
the error mentioned above.  Am I required to update all those values
for the update request to work now?

What baffles me is the code worked in all the versions up RTM, but now
fails. :(

I'm curious, what type of deployment did you do where you have it
working in the UI?

Thank you for your suggestions.

-matt
> [...]
> > >                 update.Target = updateSystemUserRequest;
> >
> > >                 UpdateResponse updated =
> > > (UpdateResponse)crmService.Execute(update);
> >
> > > I get:
> >
> > > "Server was unable to process request."
> >
> > > The above worked w/o issue throughout the TAP, but it seems to have
> > > changed going into RTM.
> >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > > -matt
>

> Thanks for the response.
>
> I'm passing the values you mention when I do the initial create.  I
> can create the user w/o issue, but if I want to update the user I get
> the error mentioned above.  Am I required to update all those values
> for the update request to work now?
>
> What baffles me is the code worked in all the versions up RTM, but now
> fails. :(
>
> I'm curious, what type of deployment did you do where you have it

I do inserts with just the minimum required values.
I also update users but right now just update various other fields (not the
accessmode field), so no I don't include all the
same fields I use in an insert.

I installed the professional version of crm4.0 on Monday (one web server and
one sql server).  English, US dollar etc...
Not sure what details you want on type of deployment?

Try looking at customizing the accessmode attribute to see if it looks like
a bug in the picklist to you?  I'm guessing that's the issue
and the picklist has a bug (and sometimes that bug causes weird behavior)?

Updating Exchange admin tools with SP1 on XP
I have the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools installed on my XP workstation and have been using them to manage Exchange without any problems. After updating the server with Exchange 2003 SP1, I tried to update the the System Management tools on the workstation. When I do this, it wants to update Messaging Services as well as the admin tools, even though Messaging isn't and can't be installed on the XP workstation. I can't select just the System Tools for update since you have to select the parent. But as soon as I select update (the only option) for the parent, it complains it...

Store.exe memory leak and can not update ESM to latest build
I have win2k sp4 with exchange sp3 build 6249.4. I am trying to install the August rollup update but the build version never changes and my memory leak is still present. What is going on? First of all, it maybe not leak at all. Secondly, tell us how you are installing roll-up. rphometnng wrote: > I have win2k sp4 with exchange sp3 build 6249.4. I am trying to install the > August rollup update but the build version never changes and my memory leak > is still present. > What is going on? Are you expecting to see Exchange 2000 SP4 listed in Exchange System Manager after a...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

System Error
When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I am running windows XP SP2. Please advise how I can fix this error. JGee You might wish to post in the XP forum. The GP forum is for Great Plains people. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "JGee" wrote: > When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the erro...

Quotes won't update
Ever since I installed Money Deluxe 2004 on a new PC I bought in April individual stock quotes stopped updating. All my quote updates were working in Money 2003 Deluxe prior to the 2004 update and the new computer and they are still working on my old computer. ALL OTHER INFORMATION ( PROVIDERS, MONEY UPDATES, ETC.) ARE WORKING AND NEVER CEASED WORKING. Individual quotes and the portfolio totals are not being updated, even though the date stamp in the lower left hand corner shows the correct date and time of the update and the message says the updates were successful. Microsoft phone...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Highlighting Updated Records
Hi I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please with a problem I have with a db I'm working on. I have a subform with approx 15 fields on it where on any given day can have their data amended, added or deleted. What I would like to do is to capture which records have been amended in a report within a given month. I know how to show which records have been updated by adding another field to the table which has a date stamp but my problem is as follows: I would like to actually show the individual fields which have been updated, rather than the whole record. Now I ha...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

TrueCrypt 6.3a
Hi I'm having difficulties compiling TrueCrypt 6.3a, possibly because I'm not quite sure as to how to set up all extra libraries/tools. 1. The PC's specs I was using to compile were: - Pentium 4 w/2gb RAM - WinXP Pro w/s.p.2 - MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro - RSA Security Inc. PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface 2.20 - NASM 2.07 (Win32) installed 2. The things I wasn't sure about were: - For MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro: + was s.p.1 really necessary, or could I've done without? It's just that, as I recall, when I tried to run an upd...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

Keyboard shortcut for editing links with updating
Can some one post the keyboard shortcut: When editing a link in a worksheet I don't want it update with new value when I hit Enter because it takes long to update(going over anetwork) and have many links to edit. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi there, There isn't a shortcut that I know of per se - what you can do is go to Tools-->Options on the Calculation tab change it from Automatic to Manual. This will apply to all links and calculatio...

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

Updating Standard Costs
I'm looking for an easy way to update all of our standard costs so that they can be used for quotational purposes. Unfortunately, the only way that it seems I'll be able to accomplish this is if I can create some sort of SQL script. Depending on what the difference is (percentage) between the current cost, and the current standard cost they want the new standard cost to be the current cost * x% (where x is going to vary). We're using the Horizons Manufacturing Suite, and I don't believe it has this capability. Anyone else been in this situation before? How did you a...

Cost Update Method
I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should be able to update costs throught the Store Settings > Options > Inventory screen. I do not have the 'Cost update method" options listed on that screen. How can I have my costs updated using the weighted average method? Go to File>Configuration>Inventory, in Store Operations Manager. You should be able to select Weighted Average as your Cost Update Method. "BikeShop" wrote: > I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should > be able to up...

Error Message #63
When moving an outlook email object to a networked drive I have a user that receives a "not enough memory to process this command". The machine is running windows xp sp1 with 512K along with Microsoft Office 2003. The machine has to be rebooted after this error message in order to move the email to the networked drive. Thanks, in advance for your help Gary ...

Error when saving
I am trying to save a new file that I created out of a macro. When I g to save the file I get a error message that pops up saying, "Documen Not Saved." Any ideas what could be happening? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Icons changed in Favorites since update
Just updated windows latest update - and now the icons in my favorites have changed to a "square with a star" - at least 80% are like this - what happened. Thanks for anyhelp ...

Closing Opportunity
I've encountered the following error when i've closed this particular opportunity: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...

How to fix script error in internet explorer
An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 298 Char1 Error class not registered Code 0 URL Outlook Today Do you want to continue scripts on this page Yes or No edie said the following on 3/13/2005 1:13 AM: > URL Outlook Today Did you modify the Outlook Today page? -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. T...

Error message #62
I am getting the message "The Item Could not be saved in this folder, the folder may have been deleted or removed, or you don't have the appropriate permissions" when i try to create / edit a task or create a new item in my calander. oulook 97 version being used, profile setup via excahnge server. Help!!! ...

Using the Where clause in an update query
Code below was entered into the "Update To" field while writing a query in design view (Wizard)...As a result the "...operand without and operator..." dialogue box shows up. The intent is to update a number identification field to: "061-" & forms!main!line &"-"& equipmentlistings!numberset where forms!main!equipment = equipmentlistings!equipmenttype &"-"& forms!main!method Equipmenttype and Numberset are from the same table, equipmentlisting, all stored as text. Equipmenttype is chosen from a form. I&#...

IMS error 2140
Internet mail service will not start. Error 2140 in this case says "The Microsoft Exhange Service Account in not an Administrator or a part of the Administrator group." Am I supposed to have this account visible in my user manager? If so how do I create one? I tried reinstalling exchange to no avail. SBS 4.5, NT4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp2. Thanks Steve Low S.Low wrote: > Internet mail service will not start. Error 2140 in this > case says "The Microsoft Exhange Service Account in not an > Administrator or a part of the Administrator group." Am I > sup...