Update sales process.

I want to create a bunch of opportunities based on an old spreadsheet system
we were using. I'm afraid that if I don't define my workflow properly the
first time that I won't be able to go in later and edit the worflow, having
the updates be reflected on all the opportunities (100+) that I created.

If I update a workflow (say add an activity or a stage) is there a way for
these updates to be reflected on existing opportunities without having to
delete and then recreate them?

Thank you,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am not aware of a way to force opportunities to use an updated sales
process. I went through this in 1.2 and was told that one possible way was
to simply deactivate the sales process and reactivate it. I decided to wait
instead until the old opportunities was closed. Also you could report on
which sales process an opportunity was using so another idea might be to
create a new sales process rather than edit the old one. Make this one
active then you can report on opportunities only using the new sales
process.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"j_g_h_i" <jghi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a bunch of opportunities based on an old spreadsheet
>system
> we were using. I'm afraid that if I don't define my workflow properly the
> first time that I won't be able to go in later and edit the worflow,
> having
> the updates be reflected on all the opportunities (100+) that I created.
>
> If I update a workflow (say add an activity or a stage) is there a way for
> these updates to be reflected on existing opportunities without having to
> delete and then recreate them?
>
> Thank you,

0
John

Update POS / Accounting Connector
I would like to see an update to the POS / Accounting connector include the ability to resynchronise old transactions. The idea would be to allow a re-install of Microsoft Accounting without a previous backup and update the install with all transactions. -- bryan ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Vanguard and BankOne no longer update
I used 2005 Deluxe. A week or so ago, online updates from Vanguard and Bank One started failing while my Discover account is still accessed by Money. Anyone have an idea about this. The only thing Money says on the screen is an "internal error ocurred." -- jack This sounds exactly like my problem with Wachovia,only I'm using 2006. Things working great, then updates breaking for no apparent reason. Perhaps it isn't a problem with just Wachovia after all. Jack Lail wrote: > I used 2005 Deluxe. A week or so ago, online updates from Vanguard and Bank > One start...

TerminateProcess does not immediatly exit the process
Hi all, I got a problema with TerminateProcess( ) function: I use CreateProcess( ... ) to run a very small .exe file i run something like "cmd /c /d dng_dist.exe -f file.txt -o out.txt". Unfortunatly, if I use TerminateProcess( ) on it I close the cmd process and I don't kill the ng_dist.exe process; if I try not to use the cmd the ng_dist.exe does not take the correct parameters and doesn't work at all. So... how can I 1) launch "cmd /d /c ng_dist.exe -f .. -i ..." 2) kill the ng_dist.exe process? thanks in advance, andrea It is a Very Bad Idea to use Term...

Diff Sales Tax Question
We're about to open a new store in a different location in our state (Florida). Store one charges 7.00% sales tax; Store two will charge 6.00% sales tax. I ran a worksheet 320 for Store Two to change the sales tax on their items. My FIRST question is: Shouldn't the items in the ItemDynamic table for Store Two reflect the TaxId after the 320 and a 401 was run? My Second question is: Each time I add a new item at HQ am I going to have to run a 320 for Store ONE and another 320 for Store TWO to update the reflect the correct sales tax at the stores? ...

Automatic Updates won't start
Using servise, Automatic Updates won't start when I try to manually start it. I get the message (Error 1058: The service cannot be started, Either because it is Disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.) What can I do to fix this. You may receive an error message that contains the "0x8DDD0018" code or the "0x80246008" code when you try to download updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910337> -=- First - ensure you do not have &quo...

Edit Update Query
How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? Open in Design View. -- Build a little, test a little. "dburrells" wrote: > How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? ...

sales tax chart
I know there must be a formula to figure this out easily, but I can't do it. I am trying to make a chart like the illustration without figuring every line. {$9.50-$10.05=$.96(tax).} I have the formulas worked out to $100, but I am needing to eliminate the exta lines one by one to create the x-x part. Isn't there someway to do this? Thanks! ...

Updating XL File properties from Access (2003)
I am using acces to export a recordset from access and then format and store the file for the user. The last thing I wanted to do was update the document properties. I found some code in the help file on CustomeDocumentProperties: With xlWkb.CustomDocumentProperties .Add name:="ReportType", _ linktocontent:=False, _ Type:=msoPropertyTypeString, _ Value:="Standard Weekly Cost Report" .Add name:="PeriodDate", _ linktocontent:=False, _ Type:=msoPropertyTypeDate, _ ...

Sum update error
Hi After I have installed Win XP sp 2 my sum() do not update anylonger Have somebody experinced this too and found a solution? Best Regards Es -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Calculate' and check 'Automatic Calculation' >-----Original Message----- >Hi >After I have installed Win XP sp 2 my sum() do not update anylonger. >Have somebody experinced this too and found a solution? >Best Regards Ese > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > Tools|Options|Calculate is Calculati...

Update online services in M05
When I try to update my online bill pay services in M05 (coming from M02) There is a warning to read "critical update information" first. When I try to read it I get an error message; 'c:\program files\microsoft money 2005\mnycorefiles\webcache\MSNBillPayKB.htm' cannot be opened. Be sure to include the apprporiate protocol header for this website in the URL if necessary blah blah blah.................. Any idea what this crirtical info is and if it's so darn critical why it isn't there? I am afraid to upgrade without reading it because I don't want to screw...

Update the originating lead on an existing opporutinty
Is there any way to update the originating lead field on an existing opporutinty. The field is read only once the opporutnity is saved. When you are creating a new opporutnity you can set this field, but after you push save no further changes can be made. You are also unable to set this value via workflow. We are using CRM 4.0 Hi Chris, I afraid it is not possible. It is suppose to be not updatable. Only possibility is direct SQL update which is unsupported. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

PAYMENTECH PROCESSING SETUP
Whenever I try to get approval for a Credit Card Transaction from POS, I enter amount under Credit Card line in Tender screen, I press OK, then slide Credit card in the ID Tech keyboard attached magnetic stripe, process bar goes about 10% the way, and finally I get an error in the "Electronic Draft Staus window with "Status: Failed" and "Approval: HV Failure". I followed all CustomerSource Knowledgebase instructions for setting up Paymentech as my preferred credit card processing. I told Paymentech I want the VITAL processing. Paymentech sent me their welcome...

Getting error running a Department Cost/Sales (tax-inclusive) repo
Anyone run into this. Is that fixed with a hotfix that I do not need to have a support agreement with? ...

WLPG Updated today
Old WLM: 14.0.8089.0726 New WLM: 14.0.8117.0416 Old WLPG: 14.0.8081.709 New WLPG: 14.0.8117.416 I have no idea what has changed. This should help: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/05/12/minor-update-to-essentials-released-today.aspx "osu9400" <osu9400@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eqFQQig8KHA.5716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Old WLM: 14.0.8089.0726 > New WLM: 14.0.8117.0416 > > Old WLPG: 14.0.8081.709 > New WLPG: 14.0.8117.416 > > I have no idea what has changed. > Thanks. I just ...

Publisher 2007 Update Download
I have a new computer and thought Microsoft Publisher was a program on the Student 2007 Office my husband downloaded. I purchased a "2007 Publisher Upgrade" from the internet. It appears to have downloaded. My question is will this "Upgrade" work on my computer or should I have purchased the Publisher program first? -- Daisy Daisy wrote: > I have a new computer and thought Microsoft Publisher was a program on the > Student 2007 Office my husband downloaded. I purchased a "2007 Publisher > Upgrade" from the internet. It appears to have downl...

Help Needed for windows Vista after a Update was downloaded
Hi, Hoping someone can help me... I tried downloading a microsoft "update" a few days ago, I dont remember what the update was for, just that the size of it was over 700 .. In the middle of the download, it said I didnt have enough space.. yet it continued to download what it could. At the end of it, it said that there was 1 other component that needed to download, yet failed.. and to try again. At which point, I did, and it said it was successful.. yet, after rebooting the system, it hangs and when I try and do anything word, or other.. it comes up with a ...

List of Hotfixes and Updates
Has anyone had any luck with this? On CustomerSource, I try to get the list of hotfixes and/or service packs (or rollup updates) and get nothing I'm looking for. When I choose Service Packs and Product Releases, I get these 2 items: Import Export Workflow Wizards (2/3/2006 7:49:52 AM) Microsoft CRM Software Development Kit Available on MSDN (12/14/2004 7:53:36 AM) When I choose hotfixes for CRM, I get back 2 items: Microsoft Business Solutions Migration Framework 1.0 Download, Public Preview Release 3 (1/17/2007 12:56:33 PM) Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 Published Updates and Hotfixes...

Money 2002, online stock price updates
Apparently the spcomstock website that used to supply the stock price quotes has changed to a new site (www.comstock-interactivedata.com). Is there anyway to update Money 2002 Deluxe to reflect this change, or is MS working on a patch. Thanks, Ryan ...

Mass Update for Multiple Entries
I am currently using Money 2003 Deluxe. I could really use some help here to save me some time. What I do is download my account entries from my bank. When doing so, if the payee details are the same as an earlier entry the category information defaults to an earlier entry. This is great and saves me a lot of duplicate work. I have a lot of entries from UPS as I ship with them daily. That being said, the payee information is always different for these entries since as it includes the tracking number which is unique for each package. Because of this, the category information doe...

Mass update of fixed allocation distribution %'s
Is there a way to mass update the fixed allocation distributions in more than one fixed allocation account? ...

Posting Receivables Cash Receipts
Hello, I have a Cash Receipt batch with 2 Cash Receipts Transactions. One of them managed to be posted but the other keeps giving me error - [An error occured when updating permanent records. Transaction will not post.] and the batch goes into Recovery. I tried posting from Transaction level but getting the same error. Other cash receipts batches posted without any problem. Can any one give me a clue why this can happen? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. May ...

WSUS SP2 update
I have 4 wsus servers, running SP1, 2 in the DMZ and 2 internal. I manually update these servers from the MS update site. The DMZ servers show WSUs SP2 as a available update when I go to the update site, but the two internal don't. Question one: Can the SP be installed from the update site? Two: Why can't I see them inside the firewall? I see all other updates on the inside. Try posting your question in the WSUS newsgroup... http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services news://msnews.m...

New process
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C70836.A6E30320 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, How can I tell programmability when a new process starts and end. Like = Task Manager. Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C70836.A6E30320 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type conten...

Formula update automatically
Please look into the formula & suggest. The excel sheet is fille-in as below: Column A B C D Row 1 2 6 5 Row 2 20 30 90 D2=A$1*A2+B$1*B2+C$1*C2 Row 3 2 4 8 D3=A$1*A3+B$1*B3+C$1*C3 & so on for further rows. What I need is, if a column is added between, say, B & C, then th formula in D column should update for the added column & similarly fo deleted column. Is there a way? I would prefer excel formula solution. If code is the only solution please write the complete code. The undo button should not beco...

CreateProcess and Terminating a Process
Hi, I have an application which in turn creates another process and communicates using WM_COPYDATA. To start the process I have called ZeroMemory(&m_sStartupInfo,sizeof(STARTUPINFO)); ZeroMemory(&m_sProcessInfo,sizeof(PROCESS_INFORMATION)); m_sStartupInfo.cb = sizeof( STARTUPINFO); char szExecutableName[260] = {"C:\\XIXCommService.exe"}; char szCommandLine[260] = {0}; if( CreateProcess(szExecutableName, szCommandLine, 0, 0, 0, CREATE_NO_WINDOW|NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, 0, 0, &m_sStartupInfo, &m_sProcessInfo) ) Now when I want...