Update CRM Entity records using Javascript

Hi,
Is there any way to update a field in the related parent entity records
using JS CRM WebService call?

I have a related record and on save of this, I want to change the status of
the parent record. This I want to do in JavaScript..

Is there any way? or can anyone please send me queryexpression or other js
code?

--
romeo!!
0

Hi Romeo,

You may want to search for info on using the parent.document JScript.

If you have a contact form that has a parent account, you can use the
parent.document to make changes to the parent, but you may also want to
consider what happens with that parent after you write to it; the parent form
then becomes dirty in that it needs to be saved. If you're not careful, you
could write changes to the parent and your users could cancel out of that
change negating the purpose of writing to it...

Michael Mayo
Lead Instructor
Unitek

"romeo" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any way to update a field in the related parent entity records
> using JS CRM WebService call?
>
> I have a related record and on save of this, I want to change the status of
> the parent record. This I want to do in JavaScript..
>
> Is there any way? or can anyone please send me queryexpression or other js
> code?
>
> --
> romeo!!
0
bayareacrm (90)

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...

OL2003 uses 100% of CPU resources after shutdown
If leaving my computer on over night with OL2003 with Business Contact Manager (BCM) running usually results in OL2003 stop responding but maintain 100% CPU usage. Even shutting down OL2003 w/BCM does not free up the CPU, which still shows OL2003 claiming 100% CPU usage. This also prevents my computer from going into power standby mode. How do I resolve this issue? ...

Keeping 12 months of records
The data i have is: Jan - dec 09 and Jan 10 and Feb 10 and will add each month after that. I don't want to keep all of the months. I just want to keep like now is feb i want the data is from feb 09 to feb 10 and then next month i will be march 09 to march 10. the query i have is take all the months, is there a way to change it to make what i need? Expr1: Format([PurchaseDate],"mmm, yy") Use criteria on PurchaseDate. Add a field in design view like this -- MySelection: Format([PurchaseDate],"yyyymm") Then for criteria use this -- Between Da...

CRM Contract Issues
We're experiencing a few issues with Service Contracts. #1 Under the Eastern Eastern Standard Time setting we are unable to indicate the start date (ie) of Sept 1/04 and the end date of Aug 31/05. For some reason under EST it defaults the contract end date to Sept 1/05. But the contract ends on Aug 31/05. The most unusual thing is – it will accept the end date of Aug 31/05 if your time setting is set for Pacific Time. Please note that this contract is still in draft mode and the same error message appears when I try to save it with a start date of Sept 1/04 and the end date o...

COUNTIF using formatting?
Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: I have a list of football teams. Each week, I format the football teams that won with red font. Is there a way to find a count of those teams formatting in red and display that number in my worksheet? I know an alternate way around this would be to have a win/loss column and do a COUNTIF based on the values there. But I'm wondering if there's a way to do it based on the formatting instead of the values. Nicolle K. wrote: > Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: > > I have a list of football team...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

Remote Access for CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook
I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web. I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service module heavily. I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the domain. Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these? The app does not work with an RPC over HTTP connecion. There is more to it than just the Exchange connection as the app needs to communicate with the CRM Server as well. You might be able to figure it out, but ther...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

Using Web Services To Add Leads to Marketing List
Is it possible to use web services to add leads/contacts to marketing list? I have a sales contact form that creates a lead, and I want to give those leads the option to signup for a mailing list we have. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, know any examples? Thanks, Tareef Hi Tareef, The messages to handle list membership are AddMemberList and RemoveMemberList. They are described in the SDK documentation along with some sample code. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

Looking for help...I can't send e-mail using CRM web client
I'm having a problem with trying to send e-mails vie the CRM web client. When I try to send the e-mail I get a pop-up with the message in bold "Unexpected Error" "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I've checked the event logs, no errors are showing up in either my CRM server or my exchange server. I'm lost, new to CRM. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks, You could try to add pre-windows2000 account to the administrator group on the exchange server. Some time that helps "Marty" wrote:...

Macro recorder #2
How can I use relative references in my macro when I record a macro with the "record"-tool? >-----Original Message----- >How can I use relative references in my macro when I >record a macro with the "record"-tool? >. > Use the arrowkeys in a formula this will give you something like this ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]*RC[-1]" Regards Peter Click the "Relative Reference" toolbutton (the second toolbutton) on the Stop Recording toolbar, which should appear when you start recording. If it doesn't appear that would be beca...

Update Formula
Hi All, I have lots of formulas in a worksheet. They calculate sums from other figures. I need to add ROUND function at the beginning of each of these formulas. e.g. I want to say =Round(existing formula,0). To update this manully would take a very long time. Is there a possibility of automation? Thanks for your help. Regards, See this article http://google.com/groups?threadm=vpthriq8296g3e%40news.supernews.com from the group archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* In article <2cacc01c469a8$1c905620$a401280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@d...

AddNew fails
I have the following section of code (and several other similar ones, which all work fine): Set dbs = CurrentDb() Set qdf = dbs.QueryDefs("qryInspAccess_Current") qdf.Parameters("[CardID]") = Me.InspCardID Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset(, dbOpenForwardOnly) Set rstSub = dbs.OpenRecordset("RWOP_DAT_InspAccess", dbOpenDynaset, dbAppendOnly) Do Until rst.EOF rstSub.AddNew rstSub!AccessID = rst!AccessItemID rstSub!InspectionID = Me.InspID rstSub.Update rst.MoveNext Loop The problem is that the .AddNew statement generates error 3022 (...

auto copy and paste to another workbook by using specific titles
I am trying to get information from a row that contains a specific title to be transferred to another workbook automatically. I also need to know how to do this with the cells not matching up. Hello: Your question is vague. If you mean that when someone opens the spreadsheet, the contents of a row with a certain title is copied to another spreadsheet, then you can use the Auto_Open() event to search for the row, open the target spreadsheet, insert it, and then close the spreadsheet, saving the contents. Again, I may not be addressing your question, but again, it very gener...

CRM 3.0 Mail Merge with Attachments
I am trying to send out a bulk email to our investors with text in the email and some pdf and word attachments that are not a part of the text but actually attachments. Please advise. Thanks, Todd Hello, you have no possibility to do that in standard MS CRM. A possible workaround would be to use our Add-On called WordMailMerge for MS CRM which gives you the possibility to send bulk emails with attachments. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration f...

Deadlock using CoCreateInstance and AfxLoadLibrary
Hello, I have a simple test app that starts 5-10 threads and each thread executes the below function. I consistently see deadlocks when one thread is calling CoCreate call while another thread calls AfxLoadLibrary: void CTest_app_tx4ole::OnAction2() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) CLSID clsId; CLSIDFromProgID((CComBSTR)"anyprogid", &clsId); CString sThread; sThread.Format("%d", GetCurrentThreadId()); for(int i(0); i<10000; ++i) { OutputDebugString((CString)"0 " + sThread + "\n"); HMODULE hLib = AfxLoadLibrary("c:\...