Universal "Look For" to get to a contact from any page

I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
CRM.  It would save time.

Thank you for listening.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I agree - that should be an out-of-box feature, but you might want to check
out www.c360.com.  They make something called MultiField Search which does
this.  It also integrates into the Windows Desktop Search pretty nicely.

John

"Soundmill_Wil" wrote:

> I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
> areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
> CRM.  It would save time.
>
> Thank you for listening.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Advanced Find

--
Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC
The Norwich Group

"Soundmill_Wil" <SoundmillWil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
> areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
> CRM.  It would save time.
>
> Thank you for listening.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Anne

Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host
Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/top-10-things-to-look-for-in-web-= host.html 5 Tips To Choose A Domain Name For An Internet Business Web Hosting Advice http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/web-hosting-advice.html http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/5-tips-to-choose-domain-name-for.= html Domain Name Registration - Investments That Reap Benefits (part 2) http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/domain-name-registration-investme= nts_28.html Getting One Free Domains - Free Stuff Sites http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/getting-...

Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host #3
Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/top-10-things-to-look-for-in-web-= host.html 5 Tips To Choose A Domain Name For An Internet Business http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/5-tips-to-choose-domain-name-for.= html Domain Name Registration - Investments That Reap Benefits (part 2) http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/domain-name-registration-investme= nts_28.html Domain Name Registration - Investments That Reap Benefits (part 1) http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/domain-name-registration-investme= nts.html Getting One Free Domains...

Help! Look for document
I Can't find the document "Multi-resolution Contrast Amplification In Digital Radiography", anybody, help me! ...

creat a macro to look for a file
How would you creat a link or macro to look for a file if it doesnt find the file is doesnt do anything if it does it opens it I can think of one solution public sub fileopening() on error resume next workbooks.open (".................") end sub Kelly****** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0da501c4f092$1cf29d50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How would you creat a link or macro to look for a file if > it doesnt find the file is doesnt do anything if it does > it opens it ...

Look For should search inactive records too (or give choice)
The Look For search bar only searches Active records. Even if you are already in the Inactive records area, those will not be found by the search. Today the only workaround in native CRM is to save an Advanced Search to includes inactive records. My suggestion would be a checkbox "Include Inactive records". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugge...

Advanced find to look for Campaign Respondents
Hi I want to do an advanced find for all respondents to a particular campaign to send them another email. Below is the advanced find i have Looking on contacts Then Marketing Lists Then Campaign where name = XYZ Then campaign response where response code = interested and status = closed However when i run this i get all the contacts as opposed to 2 contacts that have actually responded back...not sure where i am going wrong here would appreciate some help cheers Snow White I assume you have converted your campaign responses to Lead. Do an Advance Find on Lead with Source Campaign as y...

Addin
Hi All, I am not sure how to word this. I want to make an addin that monitors which files are opened. When a particular file is open, then run a macro. I don't want the marco in the file in question, because the people I send the file too, see the message about a macro, and refuse to open it, or it gets block. I know I could call the macro from a button, but I thought having the marco start when the file is opened would be easier. Thanks Chad There are application events that you can tie into. Start a new workbook and put this in the ThisWorkbook Module: ...

Where does Outlook 2007 look for script files?
I have a script (.vbs) which I wish to run upon receiving certain messages. What is the default directory path in which to place the script so that I may invoke it with a rule? Thanks! It doesn't work like that. You'll need to create the code as a macro in VBA. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "High Desert" <do_not_use@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:0c2a649eo6d...

What is the difference in Find and Look For ?
I don't understand - sometimes I get different results. They are the same. Advanced Find allows you to use additional criteria. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-...

Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host #2
Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/top-10-things-to-look-for-in-web-= host.html Web Hosting Advice http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/web-hosting-advice.html How To Save With Web Hosting Coupons http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-save-with-web-hosting-coup= ons.html 5 Tips To Choose A Domain Name For An Internet Business http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/5-tips-to-choose-domain-name-for.= html Domain Name Registration - Investments That Reap Benefits (part 2) http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/domain-name-regi...

looking for outlook forum or answers
looking for outlook forum or answer -- hokiegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hokieguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2191 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37600 hokieguy, http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx#8 and then look for the outlok section. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "hokieguy" <hokieguy.1q0b2a_1117728301.1612@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hokieguy.1q0b2a_1117728301.1612@excelforum-nospam.com... &...

customized look for outbound emails
Help! I need to customize the look of someone's emails with a standing header. All I found in the help sections is how to add a pre-existing theme or background or signature? ...

Contact as default in Look for picklist in Form Assistant
Case form; customer field. When I click on the field, the Form Assistant shows Account as default to choose from. I need to show Contact as default. I fixed the lookup in field to show only contacts but I can't get the Form Assistant to do the same. Please assist. Thank you Hi Bernardina, Have you found a solution for this? I am looking exactly for the same thing. Thanks! "Bernardina" wrote: > Case form; customer field. When I click on the field, the Form Assistant > shows Account as default to choose from. I need to show Contact as default. I > fixed the loo...

Using "Look for" search feature
When i attempt to perform a quick search using LOOK FOR from Outlook 2002 - the results seem to appear first from a few months back, but then after a while it finds the most recent results and lists them at the top. This tends to be a pain when you have a mailbox with over 50k messages. Any way to have it search the most recent messages first and list them first? Hope this makes sense! ...

Integration Script to look for a specific character
Can someone provide me with a script in integration manager that will look for a specific character in a data field and if it finds that character, updates the currentfield one way and if it does not find it updates the currentfield another way. Thank you, Amy Dim SearchString dim SearchChar dim StartPosition dim TextCompare SearchString = SourceFields("QueryName.FieldName") SearchChar = "A" StartPosition = 1 textcompare = 1 If InStr(StartPosition , SearchString, SearchChar, TextCompare) > 0 then currentField = "someValue" Else CurrentField = &qu...

How to Make the "Look For:" Box Appear in Outlook 2003 All the Time?
Hello: My Look For box doesn't stay open all the time. Whenever I close Outlook and log back it I have to do the Cntrl+E to get it to appear. How do I set it to stay open all the time? I'm using Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance! Spudy ...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

Customizing the 'Look for' quick search
This is hopefully a simple customization, I just cannot find the right solution... When in the customers/companies list, a search using the 'look for' text box only returns records that start with the search string entered. We're using that data table to store information on work sites, hence a search for "Green Street" won't return a record called "10 Green Street". I know we can use a * wildcard but I think in this case this is just unnecessarily complicated. I'd like to wildcard every search by default. Is there a simple setting i've missed? or ...

VBA Query to look for a string within a field
I have a field in a table that has a four digit number located in the DESCRIPTION field. It is not the only data in the field and is not always at the front or end of the field. I need a query that will get the SC_DATE and WO_NUMBER from tbCONTRACT where a specific 4-digit number is located within the DESCRIPTION field. EXAMPLE: WO_NUMBER SC_DATE DESCRIPTION 522834 01/17/2008 STRUCTURAL ASSEMBLY FOR I.B. 2210 PER CO 723499 04/03/2008 225 PANEL LINE FOR DK W/SHELL 2220 374632 02/17/2008 ERECT GB 2230 (2210,2220 & 2230) PRE SH...

macro to look for empty cell
What is the code for a makro to look for the first empty cell in column A? ...

look for a range of values in a formula
I am creating a profit and loss statement, in my workbook sheet contains all the raw data, sheet2 is the rollup into the P&L format. am trying to come up with a formula that will look at a range of value in column b (these are account numbers) and if the values are withi the range then sum the values in column c (these are the totals for th month). Also, the raw data is large because it spans 52 sub accounts. The raw data spreadsheet looks like this: The acct # range from 6000 t 9999. Each line on the P&L sums various combinations of the acct#'s. BU/Job# Acct jan-03 total ...

Look for or Find
The Look For tool does not work comes back blank and the find tool does the same thing this is Outlook 2003 on an exchange server. However on Outlook 2007 works with no issues on the same server. Help ...

Look For Should Use the Current View
There are many times that the users are trying to use the Look For to search for items that are Inactive or Resolved. My biggest problem is with the Case, we get calls on Resolved Cases and the only solution is to scroll page-by-page of the Resolved Cases or to modify an Advanced Find...both are time consuming with a customer on the line. What would be ideal would be for the "Look For" to go against the current view. This would solve many problems my users are having on multiple entities. Or you could add an additional item "Filter" that performs similar to the &...

Look for the multi-language tools
Hello, I have built VB.NET project, but did not think about the multi-language condition at that time, the text string included in the source codes. Now i want to transfer to the multi-language mode. 1. Do not wish to change the source code or a little change. 2. My project includes multiple projects, and program includes multiple EXE files, want to use only 1 language file for each language, so the language file should include multiple projects text. 3. The language files should be text format and allow other users to change the text. Can anyone tell a good product and i will ...