Uninstalling MSCRM 1.2 and Re-installing

Hi,

  I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name.
So I need to uninstall and re-install.  Does anybody have additional
documentation for this?

I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file.  Is
this all I need to backup
before I do the uninstall?

Thanks,

Do


0
Do
1/20/2004 1:50:21 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
873 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

Hello Do,

here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS CRM". But make sure
that you have a complete Backup from all systems available.

----------

How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while leaving the data intact?

Resolution

The following procedure will retain your Microsoft CRM databases and other
organizational data.

Possible exceptions to this include:

-  Customizations you have made to forms.

-  Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client data from a computer working
offline that was not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM Server before
uninstalling Microsoft CRM Server.

-  Crystal Reports Customizations. To recover customized reports, you must
back up these reports before running the uninstall.

The advantage of this procedure is that you can install a new Microsoft CRM
server and use the previous databases and system information, thus losing no
customer data.

Back up Crystal Reports folder

Use your standard backup method to back up the Crystal Reports folder. The
default location is:
<systemdrive>:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Crystal
Decisions\Enterprise\Filestore

Uninstall the Microsoft CRM server by either:

-  Using Add/Remove Programs
-  Running the Installation program from the Microsoft CRM Server CD.

This will remove all the Microsoft CRM program files, services, registry
keys, and so on, but will not touch the CRM data stored in SQL Server and
the Active Directory.

Re-install Microsoft CRM

1. During Microsoft CRM Installation, select "Use Existing Databases" and
specify the existing organization's database.

2. Select a Web server in the same domain. The new Microsoft CRM Web server
must be in the same domain because using SQL Server and Web servers across
domains is not supported for version 1.0 of Microsoft CRM.

3. Restore the Crystal Reports filestore folder.

4. On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and
click Crystal Configuration Manager.

5. Start all services.

Note - If re-installing using existing databases, DO NOT at any time delete
your Microsoft CRM organizational unit from Active Directory.  Doing so will
not allow you to use the steps above.  The only way to recover a deleted
Organizational Unit is to restore a system state backup on that domain
controller.

regards

Susanne Wollert
Microsoft CRM Support EMEA
------------------

"Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OjeQSev3DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
>   I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name.
> So I need to uninstall and re-install.  Does anybody have additional
> documentation for this?
>
> I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file.  Is
> this all I need to backup
> before I do the uninstall?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Do
>
>


0
Susanne_Wollert
1/20/2004 12:15:26 PM
Susanne,

I am not sure that your response will solve the problem. 
The procedure that you described seems to require that 
there be no change in the organization name. The original 
poster mentioned that there was a mistake in the 
organization name, which he wants to correct.

How would one modify this procedure to correct the 
organization name - or is that impossible to do with CRM 
with having to completely re-migrate all the data into a 
database with the new name?

Thanks in advance,

Walt
>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Do,
>
>here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS 
CRM". But make sure
>that you have a complete Backup from all systems 
available.
>
>----------
>
>How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while 
leaving the data intact?
>
>Resolution
>
>The following procedure will retain your Microsoft CRM 
databases and other
>organizational data.
>
>Possible exceptions to this include:
>
>-  Customizations you have made to forms.
>
>-  Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client data from a 
computer working
>offline that was not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM 
Server before
>uninstalling Microsoft CRM Server.
>
>-  Crystal Reports Customizations. To recover customized 
reports, you must
>back up these reports before running the uninstall.
>
>The advantage of this procedure is that you can install 
a new Microsoft CRM
>server and use the previous databases and system 
information, thus losing no
>customer data.
>
>Back up Crystal Reports folder
>
>Use your standard backup method to back up the Crystal 
Reports folder. The
>default location is:
><systemdrive>:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Crystal
>Decisions\Enterprise\Filestore
>
>Uninstall the Microsoft CRM server by either:
>
>-  Using Add/Remove Programs
>-  Running the Installation program from the Microsoft 
CRM Server CD.
>
>This will remove all the Microsoft CRM program files, 
services, registry
>keys, and so on, but will not touch the CRM data stored 
in SQL Server and
>the Active Directory.
>
>Re-install Microsoft CRM
>
>1. During Microsoft CRM Installation, select "Use 
Existing Databases" and
>specify the existing organization's database.
>
>2. Select a Web server in the same domain. The new 
Microsoft CRM Web server
>must be in the same domain because using SQL Server and 
Web servers across
>domains is not supported for version 1.0 of Microsoft 
CRM.
>
>3. Restore the Crystal Reports filestore folder.
>
>4. On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to 
Crystal Enterprise, and
>click Crystal Configuration Manager.
>
>5. Start all services.
>
>Note - If re-installing using existing databases, DO NOT 
at any time delete
>your Microsoft CRM organizational unit from Active 
Directory.  Doing so will
>not allow you to use the steps above.  The only way to 
recover a deleted
>Organizational Unit is to restore a system state backup 
on that domain
>controller.
>
>regards
>
>Susanne Wollert
>Microsoft CRM Support EMEA
>------------------
>
>"Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:OjeQSev3DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization 
Name.
>> So I need to uninstall and re-install.  Does anybody 
have additional
>> documentation for this?
>>
>> I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml 
configuration file.  Is
>> this all I need to backup
>> before I do the uninstall?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Do
>>
>>
>
>
>.
>
0
Walt
1/20/2004 7:00:43 PM
If the wrong company name was entered during the install, 
you will need to completely un-install and re-install CRM 
to new databases. There are steps in the IG on how to do 
this.

If you keep the databases in tact and re-install CRM to 
existing databases, the name of the databases will not 
match the company name.

Annie
>-----Original Message-----
>Susanne,
>
>I am not sure that your response will solve the problem. 
>The procedure that you described seems to require that 
>there be no change in the organization name. The 
original 
>poster mentioned that there was a mistake in the 
>organization name, which he wants to correct.
>
>How would one modify this procedure to correct the 
>organization name - or is that impossible to do with CRM 
>with having to completely re-migrate all the data into a 
>database with the new name?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Walt
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Hello Do,
>>
>>here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS 
>CRM". But make sure
>>that you have a complete Backup from all systems 
>available.
>>
>>----------
>>
>>How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while 
>leaving the data intact?
>>
>>Resolution
>>
>>The following procedure will retain your Microsoft CRM 
>databases and other
>>organizational data.
>>
>>Possible exceptions to this include:
>>
>>-  Customizations you have made to forms.
>>
>>-  Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client data from a 
>computer working
>>offline that was not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM 
>Server before
>>uninstalling Microsoft CRM Server.
>>
>>-  Crystal Reports Customizations. To recover 
customized 
>reports, you must
>>back up these reports before running the uninstall.
>>
>>The advantage of this procedure is that you can install 
>a new Microsoft CRM
>>server and use the previous databases and system 
>information, thus losing no
>>customer data.
>>
>>Back up Crystal Reports folder
>>
>>Use your standard backup method to back up the Crystal 
>Reports folder. The
>>default location is:
>><systemdrive>:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Crystal
>>Decisions\Enterprise\Filestore
>>
>>Uninstall the Microsoft CRM server by either:
>>
>>-  Using Add/Remove Programs
>>-  Running the Installation program from the Microsoft 
>CRM Server CD.
>>
>>This will remove all the Microsoft CRM program files, 
>services, registry
>>keys, and so on, but will not touch the CRM data stored 
>in SQL Server and
>>the Active Directory.
>>
>>Re-install Microsoft CRM
>>
>>1. During Microsoft CRM Installation, select "Use 
>Existing Databases" and
>>specify the existing organization's database.
>>
>>2. Select a Web server in the same domain. The new 
>Microsoft CRM Web server
>>must be in the same domain because using SQL Server and 
>Web servers across
>>domains is not supported for version 1.0 of Microsoft 
>CRM.
>>
>>3. Restore the Crystal Reports filestore folder.
>>
>>4. On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to 
>Crystal Enterprise, and
>>click Crystal Configuration Manager.
>>
>>5. Start all services.
>>
>>Note - If re-installing using existing databases, DO 
NOT 
>at any time delete
>>your Microsoft CRM organizational unit from Active 
>Directory.  Doing so will
>>not allow you to use the steps above.  The only way to 
>recover a deleted
>>Organizational Unit is to restore a system state backup 
>on that domain
>>controller.
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Susanne Wollert
>>Microsoft CRM Support EMEA
>>------------------
>>
>>"Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:OjeQSev3DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization 
>Name.
>>> So I need to uninstall and re-install.  Does anybody 
>have additional
>>> documentation for this?
>>>
>>> I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml 
>configuration file.  Is
>>> this all I need to backup
>>> before I do the uninstall?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Do
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>.
>>
>.
>
0
Annie
1/22/2004 3:40:07 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2
I am running Outlook 2003 and would like to have Outlook use two different .pst files (one for my work stuff and one for home) on the same computer. Is it possible to do this? If so, can I can I configure one of the pst files to get e-mail from one account, while the other pst file is configured to get mail from the other account? Thanks! -D Yes, you can create multiple PSTs. I keep mine stored in the same file location but with different names. Depending on which version of Outlook you run, you can creat a new pst from file/new/Outlook Data File (I run Outlook 2003 but had multiple P...

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

does vista installed on virtual machine 2007 get wsus updates ?
It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine .. Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello aconti, If the machine is getting the correct GPO for the WSUS settings, check with rsop...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

Unicode "private use" glyphs in Powerpoint and Word 2008 #2
Office 12.0.0.1 on Leopard 10.5.2, all updates applied to both. A friend is migrating from Windows to Mac, and has come across something that we're trying to work around. He has some .ppt files with font glyphs in from a Unicode .ttf font (a specific purpose font for showing the LCD display characters on a piece of monitoring equipment). When we bring the font and .ppt over to the Mac, the glyphs from the normal ASCII range come over into Powerpoint 2008 fine, but the glyphs from the "private use" range from F000 upwards a way don't transfer. In Powerpoint they show as spac...

using dates Part 2
Karl was great in helping me get to this point with dates, now I'm wondering if we can take it 1 step further? For Activity Dates prior to 2/1/2007 they are using a normal reporting year and the formulas below take care of Activity dates >2/1/2007? So for example prior to 2/1/2007 1/1/2006 would have a B_Qtr of 2006-1 1) B_Qtr - 2011-1 --- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "yyyy - q") 2) Year - 2011 ---- Year(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate])) 3) Qtr - Q1 ---- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "q") -- Than...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems
I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0 and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.) When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having the same problem. I've t...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

TLS to 1 customer
We have 2 2000 servers and 1 5.5 server. On the 2000 servers I was able to add in a connector, specify the address space for the specific domain I want to send to and specify the TLS encryption. I am not familiar with 5.5 enough to find how to do this. What is the best way? On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:08:02 -0700, Ryan <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have 2 2000 servers and 1 5.5 server. On the 2000 servers I was able to >add in a connector, specify the address space for the specific domain I want >to send to and specify the TLS encryption. > >I am not fa...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...

Up-side down Graph #2
Hi, How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the opposite direction). Hi, Double click the axis and on the scale tab check Values in reverse order. Is that the upside down you want? Cheers Andy excel_hari@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the > opposite direction). > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the solution. its been a great help. Regards, Hari India Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click the axis and on the scale tab ...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...