unhandled error accessing reports through CRM 3.0 Menu

 with a lot of effort to customize and deploy meaningful data to it, We have
a demo setup up and running. Unfortunately later we realized that accessing
Reports through CRM creates an error,  but accessing Reports directly through
the Browser works just fine.
So it seems that there is a problem in ReportServer configuration within
CRM3.0 installation. But no idea where to look for it, we don't want also to
setup the crm server again. Sitemap looks to be okay.
The problem is isolated, as it seems to be with the URL configuration,
we access CRM Reports directly through IE as follow:
http://crmserver/ReportServer and works fine
even though the CRM Website is  crmserver:5555.

and accessing Reports through the CRM3.0 Menubar (Workplace) results to an
error.
The error message looks this way:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Stack:
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) at
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

any hint is highly appreciated.
Regards
Max

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We found the fix, so in case some one else should have the same problem.
We have found out that the directory CRMweb\CRMReports was missing, no idea
why, but by creating that directory and copying programs (which usually
suppose to be there) from a working CRM3.0 envirnment did fix the problem.
Regards
Max
PS: some thing during the installation must have gone wrong.

"MaxF." wrote:

>  with a lot of effort to customize and deploy meaningful data to it, We have
> a demo setup up and running. Unfortunately later we realized that accessing
> Reports through CRM creates an error,  but accessing Reports directly through
> the Browser works just fine.
> So it seems that there is a problem in ReportServer configuration within
> CRM3.0 installation. But no idea where to look for it, we don't want also to
> setup the crm server again. Sitemap looks to be okay.
> The problem is isolated, as it seems to be with the URL configuration,
> we access CRM Reports directly through IE as follow:
> http://crmserver/ReportServer and works fine
> even though the CRM Website is  crmserver:5555.
>
> and accessing Reports through the CRM3.0 Menubar (Workplace) results to an
> error.
> The error message looks this way:
>
> Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
> Stack:
> at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
> requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) at
> System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
> at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)
>

> any hint is highly appreciated.
> Regards
> Max

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Document Viewer installer error

Emails #3

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Error 550 Relaying denied

learning Excel #3

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

number format with leading 0

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Access to User Calendar

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Viewing group calendars in CRM

Error 130