Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services

Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a
Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel,
so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the
'popup') kept open.

Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
explain me how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

has IE enabled popup blocking?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
generate a
> Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
Excel,
> so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
(the
> 'popup') kept open.
>
> Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> explain me how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/4/2005 1:23:38 AM
do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without issue?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

"Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
generate a
> Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
Excel,
> so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
(the
> 'popup') kept open.
>
> Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> explain me how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/4/2005 1:24:07 AM
Hi John,

First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In fact,
there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
closing the window.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without issue?
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
> generate a
> > Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> > showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
> Excel,
> > so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
> (the
> > 'popup') kept open.
> >
> > Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> > 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> > report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> > explain me how to resolve this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

it may be worth investigating this from a sql reporting services standpoint
rather than crm. post an email asking about that in the srs newsgroups and
see if any one knoes about it

--

> Hi John,
>
> First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
> yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In
fact,
> there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
> options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
> closing the window.
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without
issue?

> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
> > generate a
> > > Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report
was
> > > showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
> > Excel,
> > > so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
> > (the
> > > 'popup') kept open.
> > >
> > > Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> > > 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting
the
> > > report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can
anybody
> > > explain me how to resolve this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/5/2005 1:30:23 AM
Thanks John, I'll do it. Thanks for your interest! :)

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> it may be worth investigating this from a sql reporting services standpoint
> rather than crm. post an email asking about that in the srs newsgroups and
> see if any one knoes about it
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi John,
> >
> > First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
> > yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In
> fact,
> > there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
> > options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
> > closing the window.
> >
> > "John O'Donnell" wrote:
> >
> > > do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without
> issue?
> > >
> > > --
> > > John O'Donnell
> > > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> > >

> > > "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > > generate a
> was
> > > Excel,
> > > (the

> the
> anybody

Work Flow
Haloo Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow? I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it. Regards Mark P. Funnily enough....you can create a marketing campaign in crm 3.0 and add a email activity. When you deploy the emails to your contact list they will not be sent out. In your words they have been prepared for the customer. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C15E5C-E60A-4764-BF39-1B1B649EC60C@microsoft.c...

Help: SBS 2003 Exchange Send As permissions not working (and disappearing!)
Hello, I'm having a problem granting Send As rights to users. There's a particular company office manager who needs Send As access to several accounts. Unfortunately it's only worked for one of the accounts (an incoming "Jobs" box which is not logged into by anyone else). The other two accounts, no matter how many times I've tried, wont grant her permission to Send As. In fact I add her to the permissions list via Active Directory and a little later she's even disappeared from the list. I've messed with the 'This object' setting, and everything ...

Sales tax by vendor report
Is there any way to get a report on the amount of sales tax collected from a specific vendor? Thanks ...

Has any one tried to use GPA 8.0 / 9.0 with Crystal Reports
Have a die hard GPA user and they want to run Crystal Reports and access data - has any one got any experience with this. We have the GPA knowledge and the Crystal work is relativly simple, but the hook is what I am concerned with. I still have my GPA manuals around somewhere including the Crystal integration information. Post an email address and I will see what I can forward. Lyle In article <F2510108-4DC0-44A4-9BF5-06611708B517@microsoft.com>, =?Utf- 8?B?QmlsbCBD?= <Bill C@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > Have a die hard GPA user and they want to run Crystal Repo...

Excel 2007
I have a pivot report that has the format below: ------------------------------------------------------- | | Col1 | Col2 | Col3 | Col4 | ------------------------------------------------------ | Row1 | Row2 | Val1 | Val2 | Val3 | Val4 | ------------------------------------------------------- I would like to ensure that the Val1..4 field values are not summarized since there is only one for each row. I would like to show the actual value but do not seem to have the option in excel 2007. Please let me know if you have any ideas on how I can accomplish this. ...

"Online services" vs "automatic updates"
I have set up accounts at 3 institutions. One of them requires a password for updates (in other words, I have not allowed MSN to save my password), which is what I want (prevents automatic updating). The other two do not. The password appears to have been saved, and updates occur automatically. I can't figure out how to set those entries to require user entered passwords for updates. Can someone help? In microsoft.public.money, Laurel wrote: >I have set up accounts at 3 institutions. One of them requires a password >for updates (in other words, I have not allowed MS...

Reports Receipts on New 1.3 install Disk
Are all the Reports and Receipts on the 1.3 version the newer ones that are in customer source or are the all the orignal ones that were on the 1.2 disk. I just want to make sure the are the latest so that all I have to do is move over my custom stuff. Fabino, A couple of them have been changed, but I don't remember which ones and I haven't found a KB as to which ones they are. Look in CustomerSource http://tinyurl.com/c987v and find the fixed reports/receipts/PO's etc and they are on the disk. If you have customized they are using the same name, back them up first, beca...

NewBie, SQLAllocHandle only works on Win2003Server.
Hi, I just did a test, this code returns 1 on a windows2003 Server system, and my import works fine, however if I run this same code on a WinXP, Pro or XP Media it then returns 1 and the import does NOT work... Please any suggestions would be creatly appreciated.. where should I start looking.? retcode = 1 when running on Server 2003 retcode = 0 when running on WinXP Pro or WinXP Media SQLHENV henv = SQL_NULL_HENV; HDBC hdbc1 = SQL_NULL_HDBC; RETCODE retcode; SDWORD cRows; // Allocate the ODBC environment and save handle. retcode = SQLAllocHandle (SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &...

Layaway and partial payments
I recently ran into a snag with a customer picking up a partial layaway order. The customer placed 50% down on a layaway order. They came in and picked up part of the order that had been shipped to our store. When I recalled the layaway I went thru the following steps: 1. recall layaway>tender>pick up partial order>checked appropriate items. After going thru the steps the system required that the customer pay the remaining 50% of the ENTIRE order (instead of just the items they were picking up). Has anyone encountered this before? I do have it setup under the Store Operation man...

Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles?
Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I highlight a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out. Without this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart title without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case (math symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

I want work, and view,a single sheet in Mac Excel ... like I did in PC Excel
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you setup MAC Excel to be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel comes up showing several sheets. It isn't showing "several sheets", it's using the newly introduced Page Layout View by default. You're only viewing the one sheet but it's 'separated' into pages as it would be if you were to print the sheet. You can click the Normal View button in the lower left corner of the document window or go to View> Normal to change the view of any given sheet at any time you wish � Norma...

Report Generator Recommendations
Hello, I have a VB6 DB Application which I distribute to customers that do not have Access on their machines. They are asking me for the ability to print reports of the data that our software shows them on the screen in various datagrids What would the group recommend? I need to be able to redistribute the reporting capability with my VB application and it must be able to run without the user having MS Access on their machine, and I would like an easy to use interface for my creating the reports. Crystal? or something else?? Thanks for your recommendations/tips/advice AK ...

Ability to publish FRx reports for more than 1 company in BP
I would like the ability to publish FRx reports for more than 1 company when using Business Portal. Currently BP is limited to 1 company. Most of our clients have multiple companies and need to publish the reports for all their companies, not just one. -- Bill ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

XLReportGen 3.0
XLReportGen is a report generator for Microsoft Excel that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use XLReportGen to create all kinds of reports as you need. Main features * Making report template directly in Microsoft Excel * Accessing databases using SQL * Generating reports with parameters * Creating reports with pictures * Conversion of file formats * Supporting Windows mode and command line mode * Connection to all databases using ODBC * Creating reports without programming experience * Supporting mul...

Report 09-28-03
�������б� ��� ���� ���� ���к� ��ǻ�� �ǽ� ���� ���� �׷쿡 �����Ͽ� ��� �ø���. ...

Crystal Reports Licence Error
We had installed an evaluation (MSDN) version of CRM on a Virtual Machine in our domain and I have now installed a copy on our SBS server but get a licence error when I try to run any reports: Crystal Reports Logon Error Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses. This may be unrelated, but whenever I start the MSCRMSecurityService on the SBS server I get the following message in the App Event Log: Error: Could not open Service Control Manager. 1722 (0x000006BA) Description: The RPC server is unavailable. Comments: Target Computer - \\OLDCRMCOMPUTER It may be unrelated, but I am...

Using "Look for" search feature
When i attempt to perform a quick search using LOOK FOR from Outlook 2002 - the results seem to appear first from a few months back, but then after a while it finds the most recent results and lists them at the top. This tends to be a pain when you have a mailbox with over 50k messages. Any way to have it search the most recent messages first and list them first? Hope this makes sense! ...

Work Week View
Have Outlook 2002. I use the 5 day Work Week view to manage my appointments. Until this week I would see the 5 days on the left and on the right would be the monthly calendar and a tasks. The monthly calendars disappeared and left only the Task view. In an attempt to kick it in the pants I used the mouse and expanded the Work Week view and the Tasks disappeared and now I cannot get the Tasks back and the months are still gone. I really need the months to show, as that allowed me to navigate to different work weeks. If I can't get the calendar back is there a way to navigate ...

Referencing the Baseline Work field
All, I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field shows 375360. What's g...

MSM 2002- Auto investment update of pref shares stopped working
I am using Money2002. Approx 3-4 weeks ago, the auto updates for all of my preferred share investments (on the TSX) stopped updating. The price column is blank, resulting in a market value of $nil. The auto update works fine for all of my common share investments (on the TSX). The same problem persists in other 'Money' files I have to monitor other investments. (ie. the preferred shares have stopped being updated automatically and the equity ones work fine). Therefore it is not a file specific issue. I can manually update the prices and the market value is calculated prop...

Restrict a report to a given date range
I've been working on a report that summarizes a large amount of sales, returns, cost and variance data for a given month. I am happy with the results, but the next step is to take that to a YTD step. I think I can accomplish that fairly easily, but the one addition that needs to be added that I'm not sure how to accomplish is to be able to restrict it to certain date ranges in the year. All data has the month end date with it and the ranges will only need to be consecutive (Jan to March, not Jan and March but not Feb for example). What is the proper technique to accompl...

Vista Screen Saver not working
Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen Saver does not come on - ever! Sorry Venusian, this is Mars. "venusian" wrote: > Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver > menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver > works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen > Saver does not come on - e...

Resource Usage Work Rollup
I am using a macro to consolidate multiple schedules into a single IMS. When the macro completed, I noticed about half the resources contained 0 hours in the summary work but contains work on their assigned tasks. MSP identified some resources as being overallocated even with 0 hrs. I am using MSP 2007 and Calculation = Automatic. Example: Named Resource 0 hrs (should equal 30) Task 1 10 hrs Task 2 20 hrs Any suggestions as to why some resources work fine but others don't...

Macro will not work
I have a macro which converts urls in a column to the words "Tax Record" but the macro will not work. I would appreicate any help I can get. The Marco is: Sub chngelink() ' ' chngelink Macro ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+z Sub ChangelinkT() Dim MyCol As String Dim MySht As String On Error Resume Next MyCol = InputBox("Enter column LETTER(S)") MySht = InputBox("Enter sheet name") Lastrow = Sheets(MySht).Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, MyCol).End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Sheets(MySht).Range(MyCol & "2:" & MyCol & Lastrow) ...

incorrect report from parent/child subform.
All, On page 1 of a tabcontrol there are project data fields (table project), on the second page there is subform with project related documents (table documents). This subform has a parent/childlink (projectID) which is in the project table and in the documents table. On the 3rd tabpage I have some buttons for reports. I use the below code to preview the report. which should only give the related documents form the project. However it give the correct project data but not the related documents... Private Sub Command134_Click() 'generate print preview. DoCmd.OpenQuery &...