Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings

I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed"
when opening System Settings.  I just found a solution not mentioned in
those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base.

System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server
(SRS).  If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be
displayed.

Zack Jones
Chief Architect
Q1 Technology

0
zack
9/19/2006 3:27:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problems with opening a few attachments
Hi Everyone I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook. When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message. It is only occurring on a few attachments. I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003). I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them. It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment. I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is. If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be gr...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

Cannot open previous version????
Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" a previous version when it won't open it in the requested version? Might it have something to do with FORCING someone to purchase a current version? (OOPS..I used the word purchase when in fact we're just "leasing" software.) McM Xeno Chauvin <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" > a previous version when it won't open it in the > requested version? What, you mean like Publisher has been doing since Publisher 2000...

Operation Failed message when opening Outlook 2000
I get an Operation failed message when opening Outlook 2000 with win xp pro OS. Ive tried removing and reloading the program but it goes back to the old settings and will not open. Any ideas? Had troubles with a trojan horse on the same computer affecting IE but got that fixed. ...

setting HasDataTable to true from C# VS2003
Hi there I am using Visual Studio 2003 C#, ASP, calling Excel, passing it data creating a chart (line) which it passes back as an image for my we app. ...but I need to display the DataTable below. In Excel I see i has a "Show Data Table" and from VB I can set HasDataTable, but from C how do I reference it??? I will appreciate any tips or direction! Thanx in advance!!! Many thanx Kind regards Ashley:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there ...after doing some research, I don't think this is possible. I am using the Office Web Components (OWC), a...

Default Word Attachment Opening View
How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an attachment? I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view. Can this be changed? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

Unable to set property required to True
I imported a modified form to a customer's system. The field I added to the window has the Required property set to True. However, when I imported the form, I got the following message, "Unable to set property required to True". The customer does not own the Modifier - only the Customization Site License - so I change can't the field property on their system. Why did it not import correctly? ...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

trouble openning file
I am drawing a blank again regarding the correct way to read files. Here is the pertinent section of code I am troubled by: CString JobFile="C:\\temp\\1.dat"; CFile in; CByteArray buffer; if(!in.Open(JobFile, CFile::modeRead)){ AfxMessageBox("Error opening file"); return; } buffer.SetSize(in.GetFileSize()); if(in.Read(buffer.GetData(), buffer.GetSize()) != buffer.GetSize()){ AfxMessageBox("Error reading file"); return; } in.Close(); When I compile I get the following error: error C2039: 'GetFileSize' : is not a member ...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Can't open XP file in Windows
We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. The error message is "You cannot open a file from a different version". I would appreciate any assistance on this issue. Hi gwen (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file || was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. || The error message is "You cannot open a file from a || different version". I would appreciate any assistance on || this issu...

After clicking Reply the window opens but Outlook stays on top
When replying to an email Outlook usually opens the window on top of the program so the Outlook window is covered. However, occasionally when I click on Reply it opens a "reply" window underneath the Outlook window. I have to minimize Outlook to access the reply email. This is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

LDAP connection to Exchange 5.5
Hello, I am trying to establish an LDAP connection to my exchange server using LDP.EXE. I can connect to the server on 389, and when I then bind, I get the following: res = ldap_bind_s(ld, NULL, &NtAuthIdentity, 1158); // v.3 {NtAuthIdentity: User='$me'; Pwd= <unavailable>; domain = 'london'.} Authenticated as dn:'$me'. If I then go to Browse, choose search, leave the base DN as blank, set (objectclass=*) as the filter, and set the Scope to Subtree, I would expect to get a list of items returned. Instead, I get this: ***Searching... ldap_search_s(ld, &...

Opening Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2003
I have been sent a file created in 2000, but use 2003, which says it cannot open earlier versions. Is there a download solution to this? -- Ghento Publisher 2003 will open 2000 documents. Some things to try: Disable your anti-virus software. Try opening the file in safe mode. Publisher 2000 and 2003 uses different WordArt, this could be a problem. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft....

simply setting fonts in OL07?
OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to change your default font and style"). If I set a font here for new messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N, shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted OL. I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume that means that the theme is not the culprit. yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tas...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...

changing character set of a dialog control
Does somebody know how can I dynamically change a character set that a control in my dialog uses? Thanks! >Does somebody know how can I dynamically change a >character set that a control in my dialog uses? I suspect you're looking for SetFont (WM_SETFONT) Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Hi, I tried the following: CFont font; VERIFY(font.CreateFont( 33, // nHeight 0, // nWidth 0, // nEscapement 0, // nOrientation FW_NORMAL, // nWeight...

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

how do i setup excel to use separate instances for each file open.
Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it 'acts' like a new program for each file open. This is relevant because I have mulitple monitors and can have two or more active documents and see them side by side. Excel however opens each file into one program and does not allow simultaneous viewing of more than one book/sheet/etc... Is there an option embedded somewhere that will allow this?..or what?... I'm open to suggestions. uhh...I figured it out... Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications "roomi" wrote: > Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it '...

Set background color of single Pub 2002
Help states: On the View menu, click Background to set the color of a single page for Pub 2002. Background is not on the view drop down. So how do you really do it? Also is there a way to select a portion of a picture color and use it to set the entire page background to that color? Thanks, Fred Ctrl+M put you on the Background -- ...

How to set a Image as background of List Control
Hi Friends Can we set a bitmap as the background of the List Control. I want that the List Should be used in Report Lines with extended styles such as grid lines etc and i should be able to set an image as the background of the Text,Lines etc. Take a look at CListCtrl::SetBkImage function "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307220459.36687f5f@posting.google.com... > Hi Friends > Can we set a bitmap as the background of the List Control. > I want that the List Should be used in Report Lines with extended > styles such as ...

Windows not openning on newly created leads
We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to 'Convert a Lead'; and clicks the 'Open newly created record(s)' checkbox. The system will convert the lead and create all the necessary records, but it will NOT open the newly created records. At first I thought it was a Pop-Up block issue, but I tried it myself with all Pop-Up blocking turned OFF and it still is happening. Any Ideas? Regards, Eric S. ...

outlook 2003 send/recieve when closed
Is it suppose to send/recieve every x minutes when the program is closed? It seems to imply this in the define groups but doesn't work. Any suggestions? No, Outlook must be running otherwise it can't Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Derek" <derekm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Ad$%23JQyEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it suppose to send/recieve every x minutes when the program is closed? > I...

Closed a .NET passport and now I can't open my Money 2002 file.
In money 2002 I had my money file associated with a .NET passport for background banking. I ended up closing that .NET passport account and now I can't get into my money file? Is there anyway I can get access to this file again? Thank you in advance. This is kinda like throwing away the keys to your house then realizing you've locked yourself out. Can you tell it you want to get in "offline" and then go into File|Login Lockbox and remove the Passport? "scm_pa" <parustyfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3d3401c48fc8$320bc5c0$a601280a@phx.gbl.....