Unable to view Customizations in MSCRM 3.0 while working with IE 7

I have done the customizations on the quote entity.It works fine when i use
MSCRM with IE 6.0.But when i logon to MSCRM using IE 7.0,am able to see the
customizations but the the calculation part for the amount is not getting
reflected.can any one help me in the subject.
Thanks
shashank
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

how to create a custom 'security role' like grid?
Hi, I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles - core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' Can anyone tell me how to do this? regards, Natascha On Jun 15, 12:41=A0pm, Vantuykom <Vantuy...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles = - > core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' > > Can anyone tell me how to do this? > regards, Natascha Hi you should use imag...

Macros Stop Working
Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. The macros start out fine but halfway through the slide show they just quit working and the user needs to use the esc to exit. Otherwise it just sits there. -- Wi11y13 On 12/8/09 10:13 AM, in article DA1F08C0-1BDB-41EA-A0C0-AC184F73E38C@microsoft.com, "Wi11y13" <Wi11y13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the > middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. Th...

working offline on client outlook
Hi, I wrote a program for the mscrm. Its run fine on the web but I want to run it on the client outlook in offline mode. I don't know how to use the srf files since the mscrmservices directory not exists. I find those files in bin\service folder but how can I get there? Writing http://localhost:2525/service/... is not working. Is it possible? What should I do to make it happen? Thank you for your help, Nurit Hello This question has been asked many times and the answer in real terms is that it cannot be done. Microsoft have given the ability to view customizations when the outlook ...

SRS Data connector remote instance setup not working HELP urgent
Hi guys, Ive been on this for a week now its really annoying. If I do setup of srs just by double clickign setup file and pointing to named instance setup passes but srs doesnt work, I imagine it tries the default instance SRS. If I use the XML file to configure it, it doesnt pass the reporting service test, even though , I paste the url from the XML in a browser and see all the crm reporting db entries. Heres a paste of my XML file.. Please help! crmsetup> <srsdataconnector> <configdbserver>com-sharepointa\crmsql</configdbserver> <autoupdateconfigdb>...

custom properties
Is there a way when I add a custom property to a document and then insert that field within a document that I can prevent a user from deleting the field and just typing in a value instead of using the proper method of changing the value within the field. Place the insertion point inside the field which is actually a content control. On the Developer tab, click Properties (in the Controls group). Select the "Content control cannot be deleted" option, and click OK. (If you can't see the Developer tab, first display it via Office button | Word Options, Popular catego...

Unable to complete task in Outlook
Hi When a use tries to complete a task that is tracked to CRM in Outlook it comes with the error: This happens for more users but one have no problems, it's CRM 4.0 rollup 3 and Outlook 2003 "This record is read-only in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Changes will not be synchronized to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM System" /Jack ...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

Customizing the "Details:" list for an entity?
I've created my own custom entities as an alternative to the default Product and Opportunity Product entities. This is because the whole price-list model doesn't fit my organization at all, and I can't seem to remove those attributes/relationships. So now, the Details: list for an Opportunity looks like this: Details: - Information - Products - Relationships - Sales Process - Activities - History - My Custom Opportunity Products Questions: 1) How do I rename that last entry, which is the relationship to my custom entity? 2) How do I move it up in the list? 3) How do I rem...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

PCI device not working?
I've got a problem with a PCI device. The Device Manager has the BIG yellow question mark on the PCI device and says that it's not working. Every time I start my computer, it says that new hardware is found but that it can't be installed without the driver. The problem is that I don't even know what the PCI device is. Here's what it says is the Device Instance Id is: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA08&SUBSYS_AA081545&REV_00\4&36560896&0&0108 Can someone tell me what this device is and how I can download a driver for it? I'm also attaching a...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

Unable to Sum cells in Excel
Hello, I am having issues trying to use the SUM function to autosum a couple of cells that have If functions within them. I am trying to do the following: In Q12 I am trying to get the Sum of N12, O12 and P12. I have only tried =SUM(N12:P12) as the function formatting the cell as text, general, numeric etc but the total always ends up being 0.00, I never get an addition of the values in the other cells. Each of the N, O and P cells has the following function within it, =IF(F12="","",IF(F12>=90%,"5",IF(F12>=85%,"4",IF (F12>=78%,"...

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

How do I transfer email data from WinXp to Windows 7
I just set up a new computer with Windows 7 and need to transfer my email folders and emails contained therein from my old computer which has outlook express in WinXP. I would prefer to transfer the data with a USB flash drive as I have no cables or other perhipherals to utilize another method. I've checked the internet and tried several methods suggested therein but nothing has worked. Moreover, theres no reference with regard to transferring from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7), if that has any bearing on my ability to effect the transfer. This may not b...

MSCRM Outlook Client + c360/ISV
I have tried to locate this on the c360 website but so far no succes Do the c360 add-ins, specifically SearchPac, work on the MSCRM Outlook client (either on or offline) Also, we are building our own new Objects (1-M records hanging from Accounts), using custom tables sitting outside of the MSCRM DB but within SQL Server (& our own aspx pages etc). We have been successful on the web client, but I'm looking for a rough idea about how complex it would be to implement on the Outlook client Offline I suppose we need to use SQL server replication to copy the data locally, however I'm...

Office Assistant Custom Comments
I have seen a worksheet in which the Office Assistant gives custom messages about the information to be entered. How do you customize the comments of the Office Assistant? You can use Data Validation to provide messages to the user. If the Office Assistant is visible, the message will display there. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html sylv1501@yahoo.com wrote: > I have seen a worksheet in which the Office Assistant gives custom > messages about the information to be entered. How do you customize the > comments of ...

Menu Customization
I am adding custom menu items to CRM by editing the isv.config file. They are basically links to web sites, can anyone tell me how to get the site to open within CRM instead of a separate window. When adding navigation buttons they will open withing CRM. My Code: <CustomMenus> <Menu Title="New Menu"> <MenuItem Title="Home" Url=http://home /> </Menu> </CustomMenus> Thanks in Advance, Rick Rick, Customizing this through the isv.config won't enable you to open it in the crm window. Unless you put it in the nav panel (left side)...

Customizing MailMerge Document Creation
I've been experimenting with creating quotes using the WordMailMerge add-on, as well as using the in-built mail merge functionality with CRM 3.0, and one issue has me perplexed- When I edit the template for the Mail Merge, I can't seem to customize certain fields that only populate once the merge is completed (e.g. outgoing address text box). Additionally, where in the template is it built-in to create a separate line for each product on the quote and pull the records from CRM for each of those quotes? When I write a template from scratch to resolve the first issue, I can't figure...

Exchange calendar update tool does not work
Hi I need help on this. I installed exchange calendar tool on a windows XP. At first it works, but now it does not work any more. First, I run Msextmzcfg.exe and it works. I got batch file and input file. I created a defualt outlook prifile which user has full mailbox access and send as permission on all maiboxes on the exchange server. When I run the batch file, Msextmz.exe will open outlook serveravl time base on how many users in the input file. But it does not open all the users' mailbox, it only repeatly open the default user mailbox. So the TZmove.exe will only run on the defualt use...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

Scroll wheel and CView VC 7
I have an app which uses a VCiew derived class and on my system (and the majority of users') the mouse scroll wheel works perfectly -- I have had reports from 2 users who complain that their mouse wheel doesn't function in the main window (it does work in list controls) of my app. Anyone else seen lack of mouse wheel support on some systems after porting their app from VC6 to VC7? Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com Excuse the type VCiew should be CView. Rai...

Macro not working between versions
Hi, I have developed a macro in VBA for Apps for Excel 2002 that seems to fail in an Excel 97 system with: 'Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error : Can't find project or library' Is there any way that the correct libraries can be set up for the Excel 97 application? Regards, Nick. ...

Customized Bullets in Publisher 2003
I was wondering if there is a way to create a customized bullet using an image file in Publisher similar to the way in which we can in Word?? Thanks George George wrote: > I was wondering if there is a way to create a customized bullet using > an image file in Publisher similar to the way in which we can in > Word?? This is not supported in the current versions of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Custom reports #5
I had a bunch of custom reports that I downloaded somewhere, but can not remember... I have since changed machines and lost them.. Anyone know where the cash of customer reports might be? thanks brent There's a reports library on CustomerSource, if that's what you mean. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Brent" wrote: > I had a bunch of custom reports that I downloaded somewhere, but can not > remember... I have since changed machines and lost them.. Anyone know > where the cash of customer reports might be? > thanks > brent > > > ...