Unable to bulk import leads

Hi,

I'm trying to bulk import leads into CRM 3.0, but everytime I get an error
complaining about insufficient privileges. I'm a member of all roles, and I
also change all role privileges to have Organization access to bulk import.
The I change the workflow service to run under localsystem. No help.

What else could I try ? Since it's about missing privileges, is there a log
somewhere that would indicate more details ?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

getting and receiving email in Outlook after importing from Express
I have used Outlook Express and want to switch from Outlook-I loaded my email address as explained on the website-but everytime I hit the send/receive button I get a message say the operation failed. An object could not be found. If anyone else has this problem please explain how to fix. thanks, Janelle Tell us the versions of Outlook and OE and someone can help. What types of accounts are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Janelle Bowersox <jcbowersox@mi...

how do I input zip codes with a leading zero
I live in the NE where zip codes start with a zero. I have gone in and tried all options under format cells. I even entered some coding that would let me input what I need and it did not work. I am trying to set up a mail merge in Microsoft Word (I have Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition) and all my zips show up without the leading zero. Please help! format --text Tried that, thanks... still does not work! "º¼ÖÝÈË" wrote: > format --text > > > If you format the cell as text, then type in your zip code (with the leading zero...

why can Excel open dbase4 and not import it ???
I am trying to import data from a dbase4 file. I can open it with excel 2002 and view the data but since it has about 95000 records, I tried to import the data with a filter to view only records between 65000 and 95000 but then Excel only shows the headers and no data. I tried without a filter, creating a dsn connection, nothing, nada, no data -- only the headers. I am a bit lost here. Any ideas anyone ? ...

unable to view folder
my inbox says it cannot be viewed. ...

import excel files into Access
hi everyone, here's what i have...i am going to be receiving a couple thousand seperate workbooks over the next few months. all of the workbooks have one sheet all formated the same. i would like to set something up to put the data into my access database. i do have a table in access with all of the same corresponding fields. the thing is that the workbook/sheet does not have the info all in one row. it is all over a1, b3, a5, etc... i'm thinking of maybe having a an Access Form where i can click a button, prompt me to select a file click, click "ok" then it put...

unable to copy/paste
Hi, I'm having a problem when I try to copy and paste on my worksheet. don't know whether it is some kind of setting or not, but it happene after I inserted a calendar into the sheet. Now, I can select a cel and copy it, but then when i select a different cell, the copied cel disappears. What's going on? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, crew, How did you insert the calendar? if you just did a simple Insert>object, it shouldn't have caused a problem... have you exited the workbook and re-entered? How about getting all the way out of exce...

Money 2004
All, I've recently upgraded to Money 2004 Premium from 2003 Deluxe. I'm now finding that I can't view any help topics--I get the "Unable to load topic. Click here to try again." I've tried all the suggestions posted here and at other sites: cleared out temporary internet files, start Money with the "-s" option, uninstall/reinstall Money, update HTML help, clean the registry, et. al. Nothing seems to work--I can see the help topics/subtopics, but when I click on a topic I get the error. Are these help topics locally installed or is Money trying to acces...

Import and Export
Just purchased Small Business 2003 and cannot export to Excel. From Outlook it requires "translator- install Standard Disk". From Business Contacts it does not give me a choice on type of file. Please help. Crig Lowry ...

"Unable to set the LineStyle property of the border class"
In Excel 2003 I have the following code: For i = 2 1000 Step 2 Range(i + 1 & ":" & i + 1).Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlDouble Next i This code fails with the error "Unable to set the LineStyle property of the border class" for i = 30 and i=128. It works for all the other lines. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks I should have mentioned that after deleting line 30 and 31 it failed only when i=126 (was 128 before deletion). I have also found that if I right click on a failing line and select "Format Cells&...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce ...

2007 PS Project Import
Hello, I am trying to import projects from a 2003PS 2003 to PS 2007 and keep actuals per completed and started tasks. My approach is to save the files locally as .mpp files then open and resave in Project Pro 2007 (locally). Then open up Project Pro, connect to the 2007 server and run the project import via tools/enterprise options/import project to enterprise When going through the project import wizard I am running into an error for some of the resources. For 5 of th 25 resources on the project , the wizard will not "validate" and says "resource nt account...

Unable to open files
We are suddenly experiencing a number of Excel files that cannot be opened. Excelfix has been used to repaiir the files. Is this a problem associated with running a mixed Office 2000 and Office 2002 environment. Like I said this is a new event on the network and has us baffled as to why it is suddenly taking place. ...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Import Signatures to Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express
Is there a way to Import Signatures to Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express? Thank you. no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer nsnews.microsoft.com <nfn02958@naples.net> asked: | Is there a way to Import Signatures to Outlook 2003 from Outlook | Express? | | Thank you. Thank you. I just finished cutting and pasting. Lots of <alt>TABs. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23RjVzsnlDHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP12.ph...

Import multiple sheet spreadsheet #3
I am importing a single comma delimited text file into Excel 2002 SP3. The final spreadsheet will encompass multiple sheets. What is the delimiter to tell Excel to move on to the next sheet? Thanks for any help. ...

Importing pictures #2
I work for a custom kitchen cabinet shop. We are in the process of creating a catalog of the items that we offer. Everything is going well except that I am not getting consistent results when importing pictures. I have tried every file type available. I get better results using bitmaps as opposed to jpeg but still not consistently good. Any thoughts you have will be appreciated. Thank you, Amy Amiloo wrote: > I work for a custom kitchen cabinet shop. We are in the process of > creating a catalog of the items that we offer. Everything is going > well except t...

Excel 2003 - Importing External Data
I have a spreadsheet that I have been importing data into (from another Excel spreadsheet). Everything was going smoothly with importing (text in some columns, dates and numbers in others) until data in one of the columns changed. The data used to be only a (work order) number. Now, the entries have a letter or two before the number. None of the newly formatted work order numbers (for example, T00058) are populating in the spreadsheet, the cells are blank. If I change the number to "58", it will transfer, but not with the T in front. Please help! it looks like t...

importing report from mde to mdb
This is our scenerio: Our previous db person used both ends mdb and mde to make changes, creating some reports, forms and so on so forth. My problem now: How can I import report/form from mde to mdb and vice- versa. As you guess I can't make the changes from mdb and run mde; because there are some reports on the mde end. Thanks a lot "nemony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:011501c4fe57$82d3e070$a301280a@phx.gbl... > This is our scenerio: > > Our previous db person used both ends mdb and mde to make > changes, creating some re...

Import\Export and Save Laptop Sync Filters to be reused and shared
I have a client who hast many remote users. These people are sales managers and want to review the work of people all over the organization. By default settings when they go offline they get only the records etc that they own. However, if a sales manager is doing thier job well they shouldn't own any account records. Which means that they dont get any account, opportunity, etc. To solve this issue MSFT would suggest that we train the users to modify the filters to get the correct records. I have gone thru this process for the 42 standard filters in CRM. This process takes a...

sharing leads with non-mscrm users
i have a requirement to share leads with distributors who need to receive thsese leads pushed to them. they cannot be asked to go to a portal and pull them down. The simplest way to accomplish this is to export the leads to Excel, and email them. If you need to do this much more frequently, you can consider writing a workflow that could sent an email automatically. "Drew" wrote: > i have a requirement to share leads with distributors who need to receive > thsese leads pushed to them. they cannot be asked to go to a portal and pull > them down. I had this requir...

Trailing negatives imported from ASCII file.
How to I change a column of trailing negatives ie. 123- to (123)? Go to this site and download the FREE utility add-in. It includes a feature to do exactly what you want (besides plenty of other useful tools). http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Rgds, ScottO "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C422E2E4-6A49-412F-B2D9-E28D9AC46572@microsoft.com... | How to I change a column of trailing negatives ie. 123- to (123)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/postfixnegatives.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Jeanne" <Je...

Display Binary Leading Zeros
All, Forgive me if I'm just obtuse, but I can't seem to get Excel to display the leading zeros of binary numbers. (I'm just doing up an ASC/DEC/HEX/BIN cheat sheet.) Formatting the cells as "Custom :: 00000000" doesn't work. Any ideas as to how I do it? Thanks in advance! Thomas If this is just a cheat sheet - with no computation involved, try putting a ' in front of the zeros ('0000). The ' won't show in the cell or when you print it out. HTH, Carole O "tocuin" wrote: > All, > > Forgive me if I'm just obtuse, but...

Table Import
Hi, I am trying to grant permissions to a user to access the Table Import utility through Advanced Security. When I go to grant the permissions from Menu >> Tools >> Integrate the Table Import has a yellow question mark and not a check box. Is there anything that I need to install? Thanks, Peter Peter The By Menu section of Advanced Security shows the menu structure, but it can only control menu items which it can directly associate to a form. It is just a nicer view into the By Dictionary mode. The Yellow question mark specifies that the menu choice is not associat...

Visio image import into Word
When I am trying to paste a Visio diagram into Word 2007, I can't get it to stay with my heading. It pastes to the top of the next page. I am also having problems with the heading style when trying to delete the spaces/paragraph marks at the end of the heading to get the diagram to be together with the heading.....any suggestions? (FYI I am using a word document that has already been set up as a template document) Hi Mona - I was having the same problem. My drawing was almost a full page, yet clearly should have fit on the same page as the heading. I scaled the dra...

Unable to create a view with attributes from more objects
I have experienced an error trying to create a custom view or a saved filtered view using attributes from more than 1 object (in my case I need to have attributes from 3 objects). It is of course possible to creat this kind of view, but when I try to show the view I get a CRM popus error message. Any experiences with this phenomenae? Thanks Robert Robert, We've seen errors when selecting a money field from a related entity if the currency is not also included as an attribute to be included in the view you're creating. Were you, by chance, trying to include a money field? Mi...