Unable to add custom field to a view/preview

I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add
this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not
appear in the list of fields when I create a new view.
Further, the new field does not appear in the list of
fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able
to store and retrieve the value of the new field using
the API. Thanks for any info.
0
JohnE
6/24/2004 1:29:04 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I figured it out.

0
JohnE
6/24/2004 9:04:18 PM
JohnE wrote:
> I figured it out.

Hi John!
How do you solve the problem?
Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in
"Customize views", but i can see custom fields in "customize form".

Thanx for advance

0
Andrey
2/9/2005 12:48:17 PM
I figured it out also :)
Solution:
1. Add custom fields in "customize form".
2. Now you can see and add its in "Customize views"
3. Delete custom fields in "customize form". If you don't need its here
indeed :)
Done!

0
Andrey

Accounts for customers
Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5. Regards Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts, we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it takes care of the distribution...

outlook 2007 calendar week view
Hi, I am using mostly the calendar in week view, settings 1 week mo-su workday 8am till 10 pm, time scale 60 min which (almost) gives me a full view of my week. Although I like the improvements to outlook, what unbelievably irrates me is the fact that when move back and forth to this view it always shows (scrolls) to 2am as a starting time (I am not a morning person, and I will in 99.99999% of the cases have nothing going on before 7am so all what comes earlier is completely useless to me. Is there anyway to changes this so I can see all till midnight (I do stuff late evening) without...

Pivot Table Subtotal of Calculated Field Problem
I have created a pivot table for the purpose of viewing revenues by sales person, company and project. I am having a problem with the subtotals due to my use of a calcuated field. PLEASE HELP!! Here is the info: Sample Data Sales Person Company Project Sale Price August Order Qty Sam Company 1 Project 1 $100 10 Sam Company 1 Project 2 $300 5 Sam Company 1 Project 3 $250 10 Sam Company 2 Proj...

Can I Customize Outlook 2003 Map Link?
In the Outlook 2003 contact form, the "map link" button attempts to display the location of the contact based on the address information. This feature used to work well, but lately it is extremely slow and often doesn't produce results. I would prefer to use Google Maps. Is there a registry entry I can use to accomplish this? The page http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm describes how to do this for earlier Outlook versions but this appears to break Outlook 2003. Do I have a workable option? AFAIK, you cannot customize it. it's reportedly broken for older v...

Unable to open/expand the file menu
When in Word I am unable to open/expand the file menu. It just highlights the word "File" but nothing happens when I click on it. All other menu's work just fine. I have ran a detect/repair but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars. Select "Menu Bar" in the list and click the Reset button. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. butter wrote: > When in Word...

Tracking Number Custom Link
I have a SOP invoice document where I'd like to create a custom link to an internal intranet site. That way customer service can go into user defined fields, select my custom link from the tracking number drop down and go to my webpage that contains some specilized information not available in great plains. I have a new custom link setup, however, i need to pass the invoice number to this site. I was thinking that I could use the tracking number user defined field some how. Is there a way I can use the tracking number and have that passed in the URL of a custom link? Or i...

Viewing another users shared tasks
I have a user who was used to viewing her bosses tasks on the same window as his shared calendar in outlook 2003. In upgrading her to Outlook 2007, it appears that his shared tasks can no longer be viewed on the same window as his shared calendar, and she must open the the shared tasks seperately... Is this just the way it is now? or is there some way that this user could see shared tasks along with a shared calendar as she is used to? its how it is now. there was a lot of confusion over the taskpad with shared calendars so they fixed it by only supporting the user's tasks on the tas...

Balances on Customer Import
We are in the final stages of changing over to RMS HQ and I have successfully imported our customers into the customer table and the balances match our previous accounts. However, when I try and generate a statement to see that the balances are being read, I am getting the error A10: has a balance discrepancy. Accounts Receivable indicates a balance of €0.00. The last closing balance indicates a balance of €1,457.45 as of 15/09/2007 I have looked at the accountreceivable table and see that there is a balance field in it. Can someone please advise me as to how I complete the impor...

Folder views won't stay
Folder views in new folders changes randomly. Incoming view changes suddenly to Sent view and visa versa. This is most annoying and compells me to have all views combined Incoming-Sent views. I can fix it for a while by starting outlook.exe /cleanviews but the cure is only short term. What is wrong with the stability of outlook folder views? fin@pc.nu <fin@pc.nu> wrote: > Folder views in new folders changes randomly. Incoming view changes > suddenly to Sent view and visa versa. This is most annoying and > compells me to have all views combined Incoming-Sent views. > I...

Add working days to date...
Hi all, I would like to be able to add a number of working days to a given date to determine the 'due-by' date. Any ideas how I might do this. The formulae would need to accommodate a list of public holidays in the way the NETWORKDAYS function does. Any hideas greatly appreciated. Cheers! jim Look at the WORKDAY() function in help. In article <8d4d01c3ea61$d14b5bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I would like to be able to add a number of working days to > a given date to determine the 'due-by...

Formating excel fields to access format fields
Hi all, Is it possible to make any equivalency between the type format of access to the type format of the excel i face this problem when trying to append excel linked table one type format that was the more problematic was to find the correct type format in the excel to adinteger(3) that is accually long integer,it was all the time giving the type format of double(5) any comments for this matter and in global to the type format matter Hi Donica, can you expatiate please the meaning of unique number i didnt understand it so much can you show me examples as well? Donica =D7=9B=D7=AA=D7=91: &...

Activity customization 03-02-04
Can the Activity form and/or views be customized? I have been through the System Customization under Home, Settings. I primarily would like to just add some columns for Activities, but if I could also modify the Activity form, I could think of a lot of items I would like to add.... Thanks in advance! The Activity form cannot be customised in current versions of the product Peter L "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:emiQVbIAEHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can the Activity form and/or views be customized? I have been through the >...

Payee field length
Is there any way to change the payee field length? I have a customer with a long business name and it will not fit. Thanks for any help!! No. "JoanMoney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1219e01c44279$62fa3fa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the payee field length? I > have a customer with a long business name and it will not > fit. > Thanks for any help!! ...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

How to Bulk Add Notes to Customer Master Records
We would like to add notes to customer records in bulk. We use a POS application that automatically pops up the customer master note attached to a customer record. We would like to add notes to customer accounts that will pop up and prompt salespeople to ask customers for various things missing from the customer account. For example, we want to make sure we collect the cell phone for all of our painting contractors. I would like to query the database to see which customer records are missing this information and then add a note to each of these accounts stating "please get the cell...

Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet
I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was emailed to me by a co-worker. It's an existing file so I don't know what restrictions were placed on the workbook. What can I do to fix this problem? If the sheet is protected, unprotect it. You may need a password. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDA314-BE7...

CRM 3.0 Add Account address to contacts
Hello, Im new to CRM and SQL server. We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this manually) database. Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts > new contact. Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via the "new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact) This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address details. Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add Account address details to all contacts associated to the account...

Money 2004 unable to change to Canadian settings
Just installed and reinstalled few times Money 2004 under different Regional settings in Windows XP Home. Everything works except changing settings from default US currency to Canadian settings. Thus I can't setup my online banking as my banks in Canada are not recognized. I followed to the letter instruction how to change currency settings several times with no luck. I had exactly same problem with Money 2002 and this why I used Quicken instead. With so many problems reported earlier I thought that change of settings is fixed in 2004 version - any idea how to make it work? ...

Exchange 5.5 access is denied to add permissions
Hi We are currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and I have a problem on one of my sites. We have migrated the NT domain to a 2003 child domain and we are now planning to migrate the exchange 5.5 server. The problem is that we can not grant any additional permissions at the exchange 5.5 site or server level. Our local domain administrator is the service account for this exchange server and gets the following message when attempting to add new permissions on any of the permission tabs under the site. Access is denied. Microsoft Windows NT ID no:0xc0020005 Any ideas as to what is causing ...

Inserting calculated fields in Pivot Table
I am working in pivot tables and created the table below The market share is created by calculating the % of column on the unit volume. I am trying to insert another column all the way to right to calulate the change in market share. When I tried to insert field, but the market share fields (which are calculated) do not show up in order to create a formula. I tried to do it as a calculated item but the insert item is grayed out and it won't let me execute. Any ideas Sales Mkt Shr Sales Mkt Shr Mkt shr Ch BAYLINER 547 7.5% 685 9.8% CARVER 1...

Organiser field in Appointment
In CRM 4.0, on the appointment screen, there is a field called Organiser. Its' data type is partylist. Would appreciate if someone could tell me where it is stored in the database? Which table and what field? Thank you. Hi, You can find entry of organizer in [Organization_Name]_MSCRM database � dbo.activitypartybase table. Activity party table contains field called "participationtypemask" which will specify the type of the activity party. You can find different values of activity party in sdk. Organizer has value "7". Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inog...

How to add custom toolbar(with edit box and Spin controlls) in my application #2
hi frnds i have to add a toolbar in my application and toolbar should have two edit box with spin controls and 4 buttons and i have to add it in my existing application. so plz help me, how to do it plz reply with code n suggestion ur frnd Premanshu sInha ...

Exclude Sub-accounts from custom view
Hi, I have created a custom view in the account entity. Is there a way to show parent accounts only and no sub-accounts? Thanks Add an AND Statement in the Advanced Find of the view, Select "Parent Account" field on the Account entity, and use the operator of "Does not Contain Data". That's it -Paul Dan B wrote: > Hi, > I have created a custom view in the account entity. Is there a way to show > parent accounts only and no sub-accounts? > > Thanks nice! thanks. "Preitmeyer" <preitmeyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:115...

Sort date field by by months not years
I want to sort a date field and have it put in order by months, ignoring the year. Is this possible? Introduce an extra column. If your dates are in A, then B1 is =MONTH(A1) Copy down as far as needed. Now sort both columns, but use B as the sortkey -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kramsey" <kramsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C118C02-538C-4BB1-BEBD-79A880DE0BB2@microsoft.com... >I want to sort a date field and have it put in order by months, ignoring >the > year. Is this possible? The easiest way is to use and ...

add travelling time or preparation time in front an appointment
I would like to have a travelling time in front of my appointment so that i know when to leave the office and still see the start time of the actual meeting ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defa...