Trial version of CRM 07-07-03

Hello,

Does anyone know how can i get a trial version of Microsoft CRM ?
Thank you very much.

Hugo Fonseca

0
Hugo
7/7/2003 10:44:03 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you have access to MSDN or Microsoft Developer Network Hugo?

Or even better any Microsoft Partners in Portugal?

"Hugo Fonseca" <hugo.fonseca@maeil.pt> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how can i get a trial version of Microsoft CRM ?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hugo Fonseca

0
John
7/7/2003 1:45:54 PM
Your agreement with Microsoft does not extend to Great Plains products or
what are now MBS products. Also as CRM has not been released for european
markets its unlikely you could sell it to a customer in portugal. Best
option would be to engage a Microsoft Partner who has access to MSDN as CRM
is available on that service.

Or perhaps sign up for an MSDN universal subscription yourselves. That will
at least give you access to the standard edition of CRM.

> No, we don't have access to MSDN.
>
> Has customers we have a 'Special Agreement' for 3 years for all Microsoft
> Client and Server licenses.
> But MS CRM is not part of it, and Microsoft Portugal couldn't says us yet
> when could it be.
>
> But we would like to have it, to start testing and trying it. We have a
> customer very interested.
>
> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Do you have access to MSDN or Microsoft Developer Network Hugo?
> >
> > Or even better any Microsoft Partners in Portugal?
> >

> > "Hugo Fonseca" <hugo.fonseca@maeil.pt> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how can i get a trial version of Microsoft CRM ?
> > > Thank you very much.
> > >
> > > Hugo Fonseca

0
John
7/7/2003 2:03:33 PM
Yes, we can only sell it when becomes available here.
But at least by that time we've already done our homework by testing it.

I've checked what's necessary to become a Microsoft Partner, and it takes a
while to complete all steps.
Best option is really to engage a Microsoft Partner.

Thank you for your help, John.

Best Regards,
Hugo Fonseca

> Your agreement with Microsoft does not extend to Great Plains products or
> what are now MBS products. Also as CRM has not been released for european
> markets its unlikely you could sell it to a customer in portugal. Best
> option would be to engage a Microsoft Partner who has access to MSDN as
CRM
> is available on that service.
>
> Or perhaps sign up for an MSDN universal subscription yourselves. That
will
> at least give you access to the standard edition of CRM.
>

> "Hugo Fonseca" <hugo.fonseca@maeil.pt> wrote in message
> > No, we don't have access to MSDN.
> >
> > Has customers we have a 'Special Agreement' for 3 years for all
Microsoft
> > Client and Server licenses.
> > But MS CRM is not part of it, and Microsoft Portugal couldn't says us
yet
> > when could it be.
> >
> > But we would like to have it, to start testing and trying it. We have a
> > customer very interested.
> >
> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Do you have access to MSDN or Microsoft Developer Network Hugo?
> > >
> > > Or even better any Microsoft Partners in Portugal?
> > >

> > > "Hugo Fonseca" <hugo.fonseca@maeil.pt> wrote in message

0
Hugo

CRM Outlook 4.0 Client Non Domain Machine
We are trying to install the Outlook Client on a remote computer that is not on an Internal network, these users are not in our Domain. We were able to do this in 3.0 using some backend configuraitons etc..., can any provide any suggestions on how to install the client without this necessary access? In version 4 you can make your CRM an IFD (internet facing deployment) which will allow users to access the CRM inside or outside the network. the user will still require an AD account in your domain (so that their crm user profile can be created), but when they try to access the CRM over the ...

Showing entities in an iFrame 07-13-06
var navActivityHistory; navActivityHistory = document.all.navActivityHistory; if (navActivityHistory != null) { navActivityHistory.style.display = "none"; document.all.IFRAME_HistoryFrame.src="/sfa/conts/areas.aspx?oId=" + crmForm.ObjectId + "&oType=2&security=852023&tabSet=areaActivityHistory"; } else { alert("navHistory Not Found"); } The above code is used to retrieve specific information into an iFrame.Can anyone tell me what the variable "navActivityHistory" is used for?? Is it a pre-defined variable in CRM?? why r we usi...

SQL Server and CRM
Hi, I am having some difficulties trying to bring CRM back up online after an SQL server failure. I've had to rebuild the server and restore databases from backup. I've restored the master database, so the logins appear, and all other restores seem to have been successful, but the CRM server still says that it can't find the metabase, and the security service fails to start. Reading through the implementation manual on disaster recovery, it says to open the deployment manager and remap to the sql db. However, because the security service is failing to start (because it can'...

Outlook Version reference table
I'm building an automated process to check Outlook versions across multiple systems during an IS audit. When checking the version of the Outlook.exe file, I get the dotted version number. Does MS or any site maintain a reference table where dotted version numbers are matched up with the "common" name (Outlook 2000 SP1, etc)? Is there a reference chart for other MS applications as well? jb ...

MS Office 03 Update
Works 8 is installed now I want to install MS Office 2003 Pro Update disk, I get an error message that says the product key I have entered requires existing Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP. This has worked previously on this PC, before the format reload. Any help? You are trying to install an Upgrade version of Microsoft Office but there is no pre-existing version of Office on the computer. Daddy "Fieger" <Fieger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2141F26-1B77-4C10-AE98-4B9BEA7E794F@microsoft.com... > Works 8 is installed now I want to insta...

Trial Balance returns no data
No data is being returned for GL Trial Balance and AP trial balance reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services report. We have added field level security and account security in the last week. Microsoft support responded as follows... "Account level security is not compatible with SRS at this time. With this active, it will see that the Windows Users have access to zero accounts, thus preventing any results from being displayed.... I apologize it looks like we do not have a knowledgebase article on this yet. ... We would not be able to get SRS working with account sec...

Can we move CRM to Port 80
When we installed CRM 3.0, the instructions said NOT to install it under IIS' 'Default Web Site.' Therefore we had to create another 'site' and it resides under port 5555. Now when users access CRM internally, they have to browse to http://crm:5555 vs. http://crm (with the default port 80). Question #1: Is there a way to change the address to http://crm without violating the original deployment instructions? Question #2: Since we also host Exchange OWA, this site occupies port 80 from the outside to the Exchange box. How can we make CRM available from the outside a...

Money 2006 Trial: Investment activity on price history and chart
I've been using Money 2002 and 2004 for about 3 years. Just downloaded Money 2006 trial and installed it. I have not yet tried it for much time, but found one thing that doesn't work. In Money 2004, if I have an investment transaction on a particular date, I could delete the price of an investment updated online for that day, and go back to the investment activity, manually input the transaction, or change the transction date back and forth if the transaction was downloaded. Then the price history of that investment will show the price and the action (such as Buy or Sell). In additio...

CRM Database
My CRM run on a database named AA_MSCRM, I backup the database and restore it to BB_MSCRM, how can I make the CRM run on BB_MSCRM? Thanks! Pat on the crm server, open Deployment Manager. Once in there. click on Server Manager, over on the right pane, right click on your server. Click the "Configure Sql Server" option and set your sql server. hope this helps! ...

CRM 3.0 server upgrade
I've got CRM 3.0 running on SQL 2005 on a Server 2003 machine. Is there any way to keep CRM running if we upgrade SQL to 2008? (Say, if we run it in 2005 compatibility mode?) -- -Andy Stevens ...

SQL Query Question 07-24-07
I have a datbase with 5,000,000 records. I need to work with records 1,000,000 to 2,000,000. I see that Access assigned unique ID's to each record. Can I use this to filter for the data I need ? If so how would I do that ? Thank you in advance. In order to do this, you need a subquery to get the first 2 million records, then you order them in descending order and select the top million records from that recordset. Try something like: SELECT Top 1000000 T.* FROM (SELECT TOP 2000000 * FROM yourTable ORDER BY ID ASC) as T ORDER BY T.ID DESC -- Email address i...

CRM 3.0 Detect Outlook Client Events
I’ve created a custom field for the Appointment entity. The field is required, so the user cannot save an Appointment without entering data in the field. This works great except if a user selects an Appointment on their Outlook calendar and clicks “Track in CRM”; because CRM adds the Appointment directly to the database without showing the Appointment form. Somehow I would like to detect when this occurs, and launch the Appointment form so the user has to enter the data (maybe an Outlook plugin?). I searched for ideas on how to handle this, but I’m not having any luck. Any suggest...

Accessing CRM 1.2 via web from outside office
I have installed CRM 1.2 on our Small Business Server 2003 system, and wish to enable SSL access to the CRM site from outside of our office, similar to the way the SharePoint Intranet site can be accessed using https://.....:444/ If I enable SSL on port 445 for the site using IIS management console and attempt to use the server certificate created for the server, I get an error and the CRM site stops and will not restart until the SSL settings are removed. Is it possible to do what I am trying to do for the CRM web site? Any links to a documented procedure would be appreciated. As my...

CRM Vista install
I have been having a problem deploying the outlook client to a user with Vista Home Premium and Office 2007. I can make the install work, but its a kludge and problematic. Normally when i install PCs that are off our domain, They are confugured to connect to us via VPN and we use the "Stored Usernames and Passwords" feature in Windows XP to handle the Login for the CRM server as was recommended to us by Microsoft. But when I try and do that with Vista Home Premium, the login never passes to the CRM server. I comfirmed this by trying to connect to our CRM web server as well....

CRM 3 + Navision and Axapta
What are Microsoft plans to integrate CRM 3 with Navision and Axapta I am not aware of any plans for this integration. I think that MSFT is looking to the partner community to build this. As far as integration goes we partnered with Microsoft to build an Integration between Solomon and CRM. We did that because Microsoft dropped dev efforts to integrate those 2 apps. Somone from MSFT might want to chime in on this. Pierre Hulsebus http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Tectura in Denmark have built an integration between Navision and CRM 1.2. I don't know if they have upgraded that i...

How to display out data in CRM web application
Dear all, I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I want to display my data, Whehter we must write a asp.net programme connect to our database ddisplay it alone? how to intergrate to CRM? Thanks for any help! "Steven" <sn_aa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJs4PUJ7DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how > to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I > want t...

Recover earlier version of sheet?
I accidentally saved a new version of an Excel spreadsheet using the same file name as the previous version. Is there any way I can recover the old version? Not if you don't have a backup. stephanie38 wrote: > > I accidentally saved a new version of an Excel spreadsheet using the same > file name as the previous version. Is there any way I can recover the old > version? -- Dave Peterson That's what I was afraid of - thanks. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Not if you don't have a backup. > > > > stephanie38 wrote: > > > > ...

CRM 4.0 upgrade errors
Hi all, We have just upgraded (successfully) to CRM 4.0 but we're receiving a few errors on client upgrades so I wanted to ask if someone has a solution: - For a user the upgrade was successful but she gets a pop up to open/ save "Blank.aspx" whenever she clicks on any CRM link or Advanced Find; otherwise it works fine. - For another, upgrade fails with the error "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." Thank you and happy holidays. ...

Browse for folder 03-08-08
I want to use the Browse for folder but I would like it to start in a specified folder. Whenever I use it it starts in the root folder. Alec Alec, If you are using the api from the access web called api 0001, then the following will allow you to tell the dialog where to open When you call this function in your code, use the code below. ' Now actually call to get the file name. varFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _ OpenFile:=True, _ InitialDir:=varDirectory, _ Filter:=strFilter, _ Flags:=lngFlags, ...

Word 7 03-28-10
why does word 7 operate in compatibility mode when in windows 7 64bit Is this really Word 7 (Word for Windows 95) or Word 2007? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dougal 71" <Dougal71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A02A0F9-6D3E-4570-A6EE-3481C83D4A73@microsoft.com... > why does word 7 operate in compatibility mode when in windows 7 64bit > I'm guessing that by Word 7 you actually mean Word 2007? Word 2007 will be in compatibility mode when you open a file in...

CRM, MOSS 2007, Integrated SQL Reports
I am trying to determine if this configuration is possible and if so how to complete it. Currently I have one server running SQL 2005 and reporting services, I have seperate server with MOSS 2007 portal, and a third server running CRM 3.0. I would like to use the reports integration add in for MOSS 2007 to move my SQL reports into SharePoint. If I do this, will CRM 3.0 reports work? Anyone have this configuration? Any suggestions? SQL one license (processor license) CRM one server license SharePoint Portal Server one server license all appropriate cals. I thought about adding a ...

Identify application version (not Excel)
Hi - I've built a dashboard that contains, among other things, links to external files. Most of these files are excel, but a couple are PDFs. I built some code to open the selected file, including a hard- coded path to Acrobat Reader. The problem is that I assumed that all users would using the same version of Acrobat Reader and apparently, we're not ... so now need to modify the code to identify the version number and use it in the code. Current code is as follows: [Note: XLfile and YBook are publicly declared variables] *********************************************...

k 12-30-07
desole "Ido Rosalba" <idorosalba@alice.it> a �crit dans le message de news:OXz5vquSIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

CRM certification 01-09-04
Hi, have someone realized the MS CRM certification ? What is the test like? I'll do the test next week. Are there any braindumps available ? Thanks for any hepl Dirk Yes I have passed two - Installation & Configuration, and Customization Braindumps are immoral and devalue the whole process The tests are extremely difficult and I would not want others to bypass the hard work I had to put into them to obtain what would then be a a cheapened qualification You will need to know every single piece of detail in the official course material, as well as be ware of all the error in tha...

CRM 3 Install Question with SQL 2005 Reporting
Hi There. if I do not install SQL 2005 reporting services and run CRM setup and arrive at the option to allow CRM to install reporting Which reporting service will CRM install? Ta. SQL reporting service 2000 SP2. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tex" wrote: > Hi There. > if I do not install SQL 2005 reporting services and run CRM setup and arrive > at the option to allow CRM to install reporting Which reporting service will > CRM install? > Ta. ...