Tracking PST items in CRM

I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Herb Powell" wrote:

> I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
> computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
> message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
> possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

Thank you.

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM.
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>
> "Herb Powell" wrote:
>
> > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
> > computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
> > message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
> > possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

Is there a quick way, to import data from PST files into CRM.

I have a user who has thousands of e-mails stored in PST files, that
need to be migrated to the CRM system. The only way we can see to do
this, is copy them to his inbox, link them to crm, and then delete
them.

Any ideas?

Frank Lee wrote:
> Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM.
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>
> "Herb Powell" wrote:
>
> > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
> > computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
> > message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
> > possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

0
nixon
6/7/2006 8:26:36 PM
Can anyone help me here?

CRM1.2 used to be able to track e-mails in user's PST files, why can't
CRM3?

Is there any tool to import them?

nixon.ray@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a quick way, to import data from PST files into CRM.
>
> I have a user who has thousands of e-mails stored in PST files, that
> need to be migrated to the CRM system. The only way we can see to do
> this, is copy them to his inbox, link them to crm, and then delete
> them.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Frank Lee wrote:
> > Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM.
> >
> > Frank Lee
> > Workopia, Inc.
> > http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> >
> > "Herb Powell" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
> > > computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
> > > message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
> > > possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

0
nixon
7/5/2006 10:37:46 PM
I agree.  Microsoft keeps touting CRMs great integration with Outlook, then
why cant I import contacts from a PST file or directly from Outlook with the
CRM client.  Why do I have to mess around with CSV files and Excel ?

"nixon.ray@gmail.com" wrote:

> Is there a quick way, to import data from PST files into CRM.
>
> I have a user who has thousands of e-mails stored in PST files, that
> need to be migrated to the CRM system. The only way we can see to do
> this, is copy them to his inbox, link them to crm, and then delete
> them.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Frank Lee wrote:
> > Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM.
> >
> > Frank Lee
> > Workopia, Inc.
> > http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> >
> > "Herb Powell" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his
> > > computer in CRM.  When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error
> > > message about it not being in an active folder or something similar.  Is it
> > > possible to track PST items in CRM?  Thanks in advance.

Outlook CRM client connect error after password change
When a laptop users changes their password when prompted, they launch the web version of CRM fine. But the Outlook client fails with the failure to load crm funtionality error because it can't authenticate. I have cleared out the IE passwords and locked the workstation to update with windows password cache but the Outlook client still fails. Where else could the password be stored or cached? Andrew. Update password at below location: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> User Accounts >> SELECT YOUR USERNAME >> Manage my network passwords I hope t...

item engineering data
In what table does Revision Level from the Item Engineering Date window reside? We would like to add it to the PO print out so that the revision level of each item is included in the PO. Thanks, Wes Wes, The Item Engineering Data is stored in table "IV_Item_ENG" (Item Engineering File, IVR10015) with primary key "Item Number". The field you are looking for would be "Revision Level" (REVISIONLEVEL_I). This is not the revision level for the Bill Of Materials and these Revision Level fields are not synchronized. Thanks, RW -- This posting is provided &quo...

CRM 3.0 and Update Rollup 2
A while back we had to move our CRM installation to a new domain. Same server and database, just a different domain. To accomplish this we ended up having to reinstall CRM. Prior to moving to the new domain, we had installed the Update Rollup 2. We never reapplied the rollup, however in the registry it appears that it is installed and some of the features installed with the rollup are available in the client (for example ability to make attributes available to search on). If I look at the build number in the client, it looks like the rollup is not applied. Would the common recommenda...

Cancel Receiving items on PO
If we did not receive the total quantity on a PO, I would like to be able to cancel that shorted quantity at the time I am receiving it into GP (Purchasing>Receiving Transaction Entry) Now, I have to open the PO and cancel the shorted quantity, then receive the PO Or, I have to post the receipt and then edit the PO to cancel. It would be simpler and less time consuming if I could just cancel at the time of receipt. Unless there is a way to do this - let me know. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. T...

Any way to save a CRM contact to outlook?
I know it's really easy to add an outlook contact into CRM using the Track button, but what do you do when you want to take an open CRM contact and save it into Outlook? Does anybody have a solution that's easier than defining the sync criteria? The idea is that executives in my client's company are NOT going to sit there and manage sync criteria when they really need a one-off sync into outlook on a discretionary basis. Thanks for your suggestions. John, When entering contacts in CRM 3.0, they are automatically create. But as d in Outlook as well as long as the user i...

CRM Integration for Great Plains 07-07-04
Hi, I'm setting up a lab with CRM (v1.2), Great Plains (v7.5) and CRM Integration with Great Plains. I get an error message in installing CRM Integration; "Install Framework failed to install.SOAP Server application faulted". I tried to uninstall and reinstall but no success. Any idea ? I'm running on Windows 2003 Enterprise with SQL 2000 (SP3a). Thanks in advance. Sebastien How is your script maps on IIS? "Sebastien Demigne" <Sebastien.Demigne@fjordinteractif.com> wrote in message news:OPAIuSDZEHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I...

Anyone actually get CRM Mobile working yet?
I've been tasked to try and get CRM Mobile working on our Development network. I've installed the SW, I've followed the prompts. If you know CRM Mobile, the statement "I can even see the ssCERDA site" means something. <big grin> Problem is, I'm using my boss's new PDA/Cell phone combination. When we install, we get errors on almost all components: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" After that, it sorta installs, but then when we try to connect we...

there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many
there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:428FA040-E7B5-47E6-B611-FB1748D71FD2@microsoft.com... > there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time What happens? Do you get any error messages? Did you turn on diagnostic logging to see what's happening during the send/receive? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] if you switch folders, do the messages show up? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http:/...

How to set up pivot to show name of series item in bar chart
I have data on 30 issues. Each issue has multiple characteristics, e.g., magnitude, frequency, cost-to-fix, root cause, etc. I want the issues stacked in a bar chart to depict: 1) Issues by magnitude -with an ID for each issue ( I can get the hover to show the ID/name and other data. I want only the ID/name and want it fixed in the chart, not on hover only. I tried TM's hover macro, and though I had trouble installing it, it doesn't seeem to give me what I want. ) 2) Issues by magnitue by frequency - same story, I want to see the issue no. in the printed bar chart. Any advice wou...

Delete folder without moving to "deleted items" folder
Dear all, In Outlook I have VBA code which copies the contact folder stored in our Public Folders to my contact folder as a new subfolder. E.g. name of the contact folder in the public folders > PContacts My contact folder will look like this after the copy process: Mailbox - Simon Minder Inbox Calendar Contacts > PContacts .... I would like to include code which deletes the PContacts folder without moving the folder to the "deleted items" folder. In addition, I assume I need to clear the "Clear Offline Items" first, before I can delete this...

PST issue #2
Hello, I have inherrited a problem that's got me confused. A user had a large PST file that was never backed up. Wanted it copied to their server for safe keeping in prep. of having a new PST created to work from. Original size was 3.6GB. Moved the file to the server share (full access rights) Opened outlook and the file is there, no problems, but now it's only 1.6GB in size. Here's the strange part: Data and e-mails from 2004-2006 is there. No data from 9/2006 until 1/2007. Any ideas on how to recover this? Is the data gone? I have already tried to pick through the hard driv...

Additional CRM Users
I am using CRM 3.0 with 25 user Licences. Now I have purchased additional 15 Licences. Please suggest, how I can add these 15 addition licences so that I can use total of 40 user Licences. Thanks in advance you need to add the additional CALS using the Deployment Manager "Kamal Bohra" <KamalBohra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:625CBC18-71E2-4A92-95E0-C5FFE67DC0DC@microsoft.com... >I am using CRM 3.0 with 25 user Licences. Now I have purchased additional >15 > Licences. Please suggest, how I can add these 15 addition licences so that > I >...

Prepaid items
I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I do *not* want it to be a $$ credit. IOW, the credits are only good on prints - NOT on other merchandise. Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS? Thanks! Gary You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers -- "Gary" wrote: > I have a ret...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client in RPC/HTTP Mode
We are ruuning CRM 3.0 Professional Edition and Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server with SP1 on a remote server. Our client machines are using Outlook 2003 with SP2 and connecting to the Exchange Server via RPC Over HTTP. Everything works fine like the clients are able to send and receive mails and able to access the CRM server via Internet Explorer using public IP as well as the Public domain name. But when we tryig to install the CRM 3.0 for Outlook client, its giving an error message that the CRM server could not be contact or the Server may down. ...

False info: Items to Review
When I look over the entries in one account, everything has been reviewed (i.e., no bolded text). However, the count in the 'Items to Review' is not zero. What is with that? Could be one of two things a. The unaccepted entry is not being displayed due to a filter on the register (eg, you're looking at unreconciled transactions only), or b. Bit of corruption. Go to account list and right click on the statement to delete it, or, if that doesn't help, repair the file as per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mone...

ListControl items not sorted as CompareFunction of SortItems() is not called
Hi, I'm explicitly calling SortList() function in an application having ListControl. SortList() inturn calls SortItems() which has pointer to a Comparefunction as an argument.At runtime, Comparefunc is not called which results in items not getting sorted. On the other hand if any column of ListControl is clicked, Comparefunc is called and items get sorted. Can anyone through some light on this problem? regards, Deepak. What's SortList()? "deepak" <deepak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05d501c3d139$f5ffd0f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm expli...

Where to import/place Pst files manually...
Hello - I'm on Win XP Pro sp2 and Outlook 2003 and I'm having to import Outlook 2003 files that have been saved manually onto a CD (meaning the tech guy navigated to where they were stored somewhere in the program folders and copied them from there to a CD). I tried seeing if Outlook 2003 had a "wizard" type way of importing these files but there's nothing to help me import anything from a CD. The file(s) I'm wanting to import manually just says 'Outlook' and has the red/blue/green/yellow 4 squares-type icon. The destination path below shows me ...

Cannot import a .pst file to outlook express 6.0
Error messages says just "Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI client" "An error has occured". in the import wizard when I chose importing from outlook or exchange. Many thanks for any help! Sven Do you have Outlook installed on that computer? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Sven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

CRM Restore 06-07-05
I had to move CRM to a Different Domain, I have a full backup of the CRM Databases. After installing CRM on the new domain and setting up. I restore the databases, then I get an Access Denied error. How can I get everything running again. Hi Stephen You need to use the redeployment tool to move CRM from one domain to another. The reason being SQL integrates very closely with Active directory as far as Microsoft CRM is concerned. Unless you are installing CRM again within the same domain you will need to Migrate objects from Active Directory using the redeployment tool. You can get ...

Email reply tracks but icon does not change in Outlook for some users
We have email replies tracking mostly successfully, but we still have one bug. When I receive a reply to a tracked email, the email shows as tracked in my Outlook summary view. However, for other users, the icon does not change. When they open up the email, it still gives them the option to track. But if I go into the contact record they used for Regarding, I can see the email in the history. So it's tracking, but they aren't seeing it as tracked. They have different rights than me in both CRM and in the domain. If they click the Track button, the Regarding will populate and the...

How long does SharePoint 2003/7 integration with MS D CRM 3 take?
we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and I urgently need how long it takes to make it work? regards, rifat Hello Rifat, If you are interested we can help you for the integration. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Rifat Yavuz" wrote: > we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as > the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and > I urgently need how long it takes to ...

Making Items Inactive
v1.3 I would like to create a script that will turn store created items inactive, however, I do not know the script numbers (if that is even proper terminology...?) = inactive. Is there one? I would like to do something to set all location's items to inactive where the hqid = 0. -- Jocelyn jocelynp wrote: > v1.3 > > I would like to create a script that will turn store created items inactive, > however, I do not know the script numbers (if that is even proper > terminology...?) = inactive. Is there one? > > I would like to do something to set all location&...

Improving the CRM Implementation Guide
I strongly urge EVERYONE to submit your input on improvement you would like to see on the IG. http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/08/692566.aspx#comments ...

new email downloaded into "deleted items" folder
I notice recently that often (always?) when I download new emails, one of them goes directly to the deleted items file. What's going on? I checked my special handling (junk, porn, etc.) and those lists are all empty. jcs Check for rules.... john savage wrote: > I notice recently that often (always?) when I download new > emails, one of them goes directly to the deleted items > file. What's going on? I checked my special handling > (junk, porn, etc.) and those lists are all empty. > > jcs ...