Tracking opens and clickthroughs in CRM

Hello,

This is a multipart question that relates to CRM as well as general
computer/internet knowledge...

I send out flyers designed in correlDraw and other desktop publishing
software.  My first question is can I send a mass mailing to selected leads
and customers from CRM with the flyer EMBEDDED in the email, not as an
attachment?  If its possible how is this accomplished?

Secondly,  there are many services out there that allow you to design an
html flyer and send it out via the web using their email
(www.constantcontact.com).  Once the flyer is sent out they can track how
many people opened the email, the amount of clickthroughs, and other
essential data.  If in fact it is possible to send an embedded HTML flyer in
CRM, can it also track opens and click throughs?  If not, which I am pretty
sure it cannot, how are these companies able to track that data?

Thanks,

James
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM does not have this type of tracking capability.  This is done via the
HTML in the message itself and some server code that runs when parts of the
message are loaded and then the links run through an intermediate location
that logs the "click-through".

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

0
Matt

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Tracking usage status
Is there anyways to track MS Oulook users usage status??? What are the usage status can be track? Hi: Which version of Exchange/Outlook and what exactly are you trying to track? ExMon might help. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-User-Monitor.html. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA http://SysAdmin-E.com "2Sweet" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oq2JY6I3KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there anyways to track MS Oulook users usage status??? > What are the usage status can be track? > MS Exchange 2...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Most important file won't open
The only file I can't get into is my most important one. Each time I try to open it I get a "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." In the details it says, "Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MS097.dll at 0167:306eef2e." How do I fix the problem? Jim, "The only file I can't get into is my most important one" why is it always this file! Just a couple of things to try, have you rebooted the computer? this will sometime solve a world of problems, try opening it on another computer, was anything added to the file...

Powerpoint won't open
When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses to open. I just get the circular whirly rainbow and can only close it with a Force Quit Hi there! Maybe you should run the Office installation again (just insert the Office CD/DVD into your CD/DVD drive) and select "repair" when it asks you whether you want to remove, repair or do other things. :) Regards, Christian On Nov 16, 2:36=A0pm, silverstar <silvers...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses= to > ...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Message Tracking Center
Hi, I have enabled Message Tracking on my Exchange 2000, and everythime I do a search to track all meassage for that day, I get hundreds if not thousands of messages. Most of them have /C=US;A as the sender (What does this means?). Also most of these emails have no subjects either (What does this means too). Some of them do have subjects. Is this spam email coming to our organization or going out from us. Can someone direct me to some good source, either MS knowledge based or Internet link that explains in full details how to utilize Message Tracking Center. Thank you, LT These are sy...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

I have a delay in opening Excel wrokbooks
I have a delay in opening Microsoft Excel Workbooks and also the computer hangs many times and there is no wrong in the woorkbook bcuase it works on another compters I don't need to reinstall the office or the windows becuse I have about 220 computer. If anyone have an answer i hope u send me an e-mail. Thanks Here is some information to read Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave Troubleshoot Startup Problems(MS): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q28...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...

Appointment Tracking Tab
Is there anyway to print the appointment tracking tab? This will be very useful for record keeping but when you try to print the tracking information, it defaults to the memo view and you cannot create new views that pull this information. Help! Keith It is an often requested feature addition to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Keith aske...

Need Training in office for CRM in Toronto, Onatrio
We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant that does CRM training. They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you Jasmine On Dec 18, 4:36 pm, Jasmine <Jasm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant > that does CRM training. > They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. > Thank you > Jasmine Hi Jasmine, I am part of the largest Microsoft CRM partner in the world. We have offices across North America and are very tightly integrated to the Microsoft CRM Produc...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...