Tracking items to Cases

Hi..

We're busy trying to learn as much as we can but a few things seem to have
us beat... I've searched the groups so decided to ask if you good folks can
help!

At the moment we mostly use the Service side of CRM... so we quite often
have emails come in which we then tag the 'regarding' field to a case in
CRM...

The problem is that the 'lookup' box for Cases shows *EVERY* case... not
just the 'Open' cases....

This is utterly impractical when you have 100's or 1000's of cases...

Can anyone point me in the direction of how we can limit the displayed cases
to just the 'Open' ones?

Many thanks,

Mark.

0
MS
3/2/2006 8:53:28 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

can not archive outlook with more than 2 items that with attachments
I am using Exchange V5.5 as the mail server, and installed Macfee Groupshield . The clients are using Outlook 2003, recently I find that the users can not move or archive the emails more that 2 items at one time, the emails come with attachments..The system prompt me, "Can't move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either already moved or deleted, or access was denied". For non-attachments email then don't have this problem, I can archive the non-attachments email more than 100 items at one time Any experienced expert can help me ? Thanks Steve ...

Programmatically Selecting multiple Items
I want to programmatically select all of the items in a mail folder. Can this be done? In particular, I want to automate the process I now do manually wherein I select all of the mail items in a folder and save them to one, big, text file. No, you can't add to the Selection collection or otherwise manipulate it in code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Norm" <idaman@conversent.net&...

record cash receipt by line item
Great Plains should give an option to record cash receipt per line item on an invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=29790378-1040-4f47-90f1-65567d808f0c&...

Treat Inventory item purchase for a Project through POP like drop.
Now, the item is received into inventory when the Purchase Order is received upon-leaving it available for any other sale. An inventory adjustment is required to actually assign the item to the project. The purchase of inventory item for a project through POP should be treated similar to a drop-ship purchase - not run through inventory. -- Jeff Burns, CPA TECHVISIONS, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

Tracking of password usage
We would like to be able to track the instances when a password is used. A case in point is to be able to track the instances whenever the override prices password was entered in the sales documents line items ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Delete line item from printed Purchase Order
I thought you couldn't delete a line item from a PO once the PO has been printed. I've been testing it in release 9 and it's allowing me to delete the line item after the PO has been printed. The PO status is Released. I even received an item and could still go back to the PO and delete one of the items that were not received. Why is that? Is there something in setup? ...

Calculate pivot table items in 2007
I have created a sum using getpivotdata to add 2 items in a pivot table. The first one works fine but when I try to copy it down the column, I get the same answer. I've removed any absolutes. Have you any clues as to why this is happening? Any thoughts gratefully received Regards Diane Try the getpivotdata function! See this: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html And this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052091071033.aspx And this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/287736 -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indic...

Item Type
Is there a report option in Great Plains v 8.0 that shows the item quantity type? Example: A return is entered in SOP and the qty returned is 1 to damaged and 1 to return, 0 to on hand. Is there any way to find out what item #'s and qty's should be in each item type - damaged, return, etc? Also, is it possible to find out what transactions are associated w/ these? SmartList can give you this information as well as the Purchase Receipts report. "Lisa Beach" <lisab@prio.com> wrote in message news:OwVP%23r%23gFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a ...

Auto Populate Case Details
Hi We would like for the serial number to be automatically populated once the product is chosen on the case form. I know that we have to use JScript and possibly use the OnChange Event so that as soon as the product is selected the serial number is populated. We are not too familiar with JScript and I was hoping someone could assist me. The code that we inserted on the OnChange Event looked like this: //crmForm.all.Caseproductserialnumber = crm.Form.all.Contractproductserialnumber When we enabled the event and tested the results there was no change. We would really appreciate any as...

Template Wizard with data tracking
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I set up invoicing for a small business which uses an add-in - the form template with data tracking on Windows. This allows us to automatically produce a summary file for accounts receivable tracking when the Excel file is saved. How do I set up something similar on the Mac? <br><br>Thanks for any help! Notionally, your Windows solution should work on the Mac. So your first step is to copy it all to the Mac. Now: What happens next depends on how you built the form. Display the "Forms" toolbar in...

Mail tracking
Somewhere in our organization we have a PC that is generating masive amounts of mail. It may have a worm or something else on it. I want to find out if there is a way to track where these are coming from. We are getting around a thousand a day. We are running exchange 5.5 with service pack 4 on a windows 2k server and it is totally patched and up to date. I had heard that you could set performance manager up to tell you where most of the trafic was coming from by IP address but I do not know how to do this. Any help would be apreciated. James On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:27:02 -0800, ...

RMS 2.0 Store Ops POS Item Lookup Dialog Question
Is there a way to change what fields are displayed in the Item Lookup Dialog (F2) in Store Operations POS? Specifically, I want to add the SubDescription1 field to the lookup, and I don't need the Supplier field. Also, is there a way to change what search fields are checked by default in the same dialog box? Thanks! -- Stephanie Hapke Owner GeekGirl Consulting Saint Charles, MO Stephanie, Have you found a solution for this? I am also interested in adding fields to the Item Lookup Dialog. Thanks, James Hernandez "Stephanie Hapke" wrote: > Is there a way to chang...

Problem finding text in 'Sent Items' in 'Search Folders'...
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1. When I define a 'Search Folder' to find all messages containing a specific word, it does not find messages with that word in the 'Sent Items'. I have defined the 'Search Folder' on 'Personal Folders', so it should find them. I experimented a bit with different words, but it looks like this type of 'Search Folder' never displays anything from 'Sent Items'. When I move such a message to another folder, it does suddenly show up in the 'Search Folder'. This problem does not occur when defin...

Error reassigning a case
When I try to change the owner of a case, I get the error message below. This message only appears on cases that I have imported from another database. I suppose I have missed an important attribute in the import, but the case records work perfectly in every other respect. I've tried comparing imported and CRM-created records, but I find no differences. Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Derek Williams Error Description: Server was unable to process request. Error Details: Server was unable to process request. Full Stack: [CrmException: Server was unable t...

Add Find Columns for 'case' views
Hi I have some custom fields added to the Case entity. I need these to be made available for search. Currently , if i go to any of the views associated with the Case entity, except for Look Up View, i cant go on to add a new field under 'AddFind ' columns. Any workaround on this ? thank you ...

Items entered initially to inventory with $0.00 cost PROBLEM
When I setted up my initial inventory, I did not to enter the cost amount. Two months after I started using RMS, I updated the Cost information. The problem is that all the sales transactions done before I updated the cost information, still reflect a 0.00 cost. Therefore, all the reports show erroneus results. Is there a way to correct this? Not really. If you were *really* desperate, you could conceivably do the following: Run a query in SO Admin to get the ItemLookupCode, ID and Cost from Item. Export the results to Excel. Use Excel to build a set of queries for every item tha...

Mail goes straight to 'Deleted Items'. Not good!
Hello group; I'm using Outlook v. 9. Here's what's happening (not very often, but too often). I'm waiting for an email from a particular person. I'm alerted that an email's arrived. I hunt around and find that the email for which I'm waiting has been delivered not into my 'Inbox' but straight into the 'Deleted Items' folder. Worrying. I get masses of junk email. My usual disposal method is to select a group of junk email titles, then select Actions > Junk E-mail > Add to Junk Senders list (before deleting the emails). Now and again I i...

Customer Item #
Can someone tell me which table houses Customer Item # information? Thanks! I think that you're looking for the IV00101 (Item Master). I will have a look though. -- Sincerely, Corey Clay, MCS Nextec Group, Inc. http://www.nextecgroup.com "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C38E67AD-DBB3-4C26-BF9A-579386842928@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me which table houses Customer Item # information? > > Thanks! Try the SOP60300 in the company db "Grieves" wrote: > Can someone tell me which table houses Customer I...

Does anyone else have a problem with disapearing schedule items?
I am new to Outlook and am scheduling on someone elses calender. I schedule an appointment/meeting and it shows up on the calender and then somewhere between then and day-of it disapears. WHat am I doing wrong? What version of Outlook? If you have Outlook 2003, you may want to apply = Service Pack 2, which solves most of the common "disappearing = appointment" scenarios. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Pow...

Can I track the value of gold?
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to track the value of my precious metals by weight using Money Plus? In microsoft.public.money, Christopher wrote: >Can anyone tell me if there is a way to track the value of my precious metals >by weight using Money Plus? There is no symbol that you can use to represent the spot price of gold in ounces. I think US:GLD or AU:GOLD are ETFs for 0.1 oz gold. ...

Pivot Table Calculated Items
Hi there, I've just used calculated items for the first time to calculate a variance between two specific ledger types (Ledger Type being one of my column fields). This works nicely, but it fills in a zero for all rows regardless of whether they have any data or not. The net result is that rows that were previously nicely supressed due to no data pop back up with a 0 in the variance column. Any ideas? Hi Graeme Not sure whether this will stop the suppressed rows appearing, but it will suppress the zero's. Wrap your item formula with an IF() something like =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(S/L),I...

accidentally emptied deleted items folder in microsoft outlook
Does anyone know a way to recover messages after accidentally emptying the deleted items folder in Microsoft Outlook? No I don't have a Microsoft exchange account, but I did backup prior to this on another drive. Problem is I have no idea how to pull out what I want from a single .pst file ??? I just want part of this, I don't want to restore the entire pst file. Damn it this should be easy, there should be an undo function for a period of time or I should be able to locate them in recycle bin or something. note I am running vista with office 2007 open the pst usi...

How to refund on indivudual item
My customer purchased on his store account .I sent him an invoice but the quantity of one item is 20 instead of 10 .and i charged him now how i refund or change that invoice.or i issue a credit note please advice Saleem, POS | Ctrl + F4 Return Mode | enter the quantity to return and the ILC | F7 to select the customer | F12 Tender | Select the Store Account tender type A credit to his account has been made and the inventory updated. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachme...

cannot delete missing item from library
i can't delete songs i have missing from my library, the little "i" comes up and i click on it but the option to delete the missing items is not clickable Worst case scenario: just reset the library: http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "shadycheese" <shadycheese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F0721C5-B525-44B0-836E-E564DEF2FF03@microsoft.com......

all email tracking in CRM even though it should not be.
We have a Microsoft CRM3.0 depolyment that has started to track all emails as activities in CRM. We have checked the following. 1. Each users CRM settings for tracking in CRM - All set to only track emails with a CRM tracking TAG. 2. CRM System Settings under Organisational settings is set to Track email and not track between users. 3. The MS CRM Exchange Router is deployed correctly. (using crmemail account for the service. Account has Local Admin rights on exchange server and is a member of the Priv user group. The exchange server is a member of the same Priv user group. No errors ar...